The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2014, 03:36 PM   #151
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
He sure didn't rise to the occasion in New England in the playoffs.
Name:  Denver_Broncos_vs._New_England_Patriots_-_Box_Score_-_January_14,_2012_-_ESPN_-_2014-04-06_16.35.png
Views: 193
Size:  5.2 KB
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:55 PM   #152
NorthernistCaliforneeway7
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Guess people dont understand what being clutch actually means. Cmon, we all dont like Tebow, but Baja is just saying Peyton isnt clutch.....not too hard to understand what he meant peeps.
NorthernistCaliforneeway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:11 PM   #153
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
Guess people dont understand what being clutch actually means. Cmon, we all dont like Tebow, but Baja is just saying Peyton isnt clutch.....not too hard to understand what he meant peeps.
I see you are new here. Welcome.

You will learn there are some guys here that have trouble ordering off of a menu. Most of the others usually get the point.

Last edited by baja; 04-06-2014 at 05:26 PM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:26 PM   #154
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
For all the talents Manning does possess he lacks the one gift that Tebow was gifted, the ability to rise to the occasion.

If you want to blame one single culprit for the loss to Baltimore & Seattle it is Manning missing the single gift Tebow has, The ability to rise to the occasion.

Fox is merely a B+ coach along for the ride.
Are you serious? A must win game against KC and he **** the bed. He's lucky the raiders lost right after he did. A divisional round disaster of a performance too. Rises in big games? Ridiculous.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:28 PM   #155
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Using tebow as an example against manning isn't helping the cause of saying manning isn't clutch. I thought that SD game was pretty clutch. The patriots in a championship game? A team people around here piss their pants about? That was clutch. Id take a championship win over a wild card win anyday of the week.

Is Brees clutch? He's only got one SB win and several playoff losses. Mark Sanchez has a few road playoff wins. Guess he's clutch. Rogers can't beat SF. He's not clutch I guess.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 04-06-2014 at 05:31 PM..
Old 04-06-2014, 05:28 PM   #156
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Your first comments are so ****ing dumb. Was his stellar play in the divisional round and AFC championship not rising to the occasion? Did he not rise to the occasion during his super bowl win? His other AFC championship victories?

But, by all means, a guy who had one small winning streak and managed to beat an overrated pittsburgh team that spent much of the game in a cover ****ing zero...yes, thats the guy who rises to the occasion

Quit cherry picking.
He does have a point about Manning not really being particularly clutch though.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:32 PM   #157
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
It has been posted before but his postseason stats really are not that different from Brady's

While he may not be that clutch, he has not been the reason we have not won a SB

We had the Baltimore game won

The SB we were just outmatched across the board
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:36 PM   #158
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Seems like Manning is in a clutch game every year. Whether it be a SB or playoff game. For how many years? Can't say that for other Super Bowl QBs. Rogers? Nope. Flacco? Nope. Big Ben? Nope. Eli? Nope. Brees? Nope. Brady is the only other QB that has his team there at the end every year. And manning just beat him. Can't please everyone I guess.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:41 PM   #159
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Brady is the "clutchiest" (except for that one Super Bowl, and that other one, and the AFC Championship in 2012 and the AFC Championship 2013)

"Clutch" is an arbitrary manifestation especially if it is applied, as most do, in a disingenuous attempt to glorify. Tebow wins are "clutch, Tebow losses are forgotten.

Peyton Manning's Career 4th quarter comebacks and game-winning drives
40 fourth quarter comebacks, 51 game-winning drives

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...layer=MannPe00

Tom Brady's Career 4th quarter comebacks and game-winning drives
31 fourth quarter comebacks, 42 game-winning drives

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...layer=BradTo00

Tim Tebow's Career 4th quarter comebacks and game-winning drives
6 fourth quarter comebacks, 7 game-winning drives

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...layer=TeboTi00

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 04-06-2014 at 05:49 PM..
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:49 PM   #160
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Tebow was a fun novelty. But you're dead wrong
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:50 PM   #161
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Clutch is the dumbest argument around considering so much of it is perception. Peyton has had plenty of clutch games in his career
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:52 PM   #162
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

You really think Peyton plays big in big games that is your prerogative, just not the way I see. it.

An example of a guy that consistently played big in big games would be Joe Montana.

Don't get me wrong (again) I think Peyton is a great QB but he lacks that cool under duress quality. He'll never be called the Ice Man.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:33 AM   #163
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You really think Peyton plays big in big games that is your prerogative, just not the way I see. it.

An example of a guy that consistently played big in big games would be Joe Montana.

Don't get me wrong (again) I think Peyton is a great QB but he lacks that cool under duress quality. He'll never be called the Ice Man.
For as great as Joe Cool was how many times was he on the underdog team or wasn't on the team that was clearly the better team?
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:40 AM   #164
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
For as great as Joe Cool was how many times was he on the underdog team or wasn't on the team that was clearly the better team?
He was also fragile. He missed about three years of football due to injuries. You put him on the Denver team of the 80's and he would have been killed. No one ever takes this into consideration but I always do. You have to be able to stay on the field to be the best ever.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:15 AM   #165
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Tebow's W-L and comeback totals are very impressive. But because his skill set and approach to the position are so different, so unorthodox, he did not and probably never will get credit for them. My take is that based upon those numbers, and on his collegiate history and personality, there should have been ONE team that would've brought him in and given him some latitude. I mean, wtf does a guy gotta do?

Mannig of course is the opposite of Tebow in every way imaginable. But rather than list the myriad ways Peyton is better, I'll start from the other end: 60 seconds total between two videos that show ONE way Timmy is better than Peyton:

To be clear, I am on my hands and knees grateful we have Peyton Manning ... no doubt the right move (duh), and we offed the kid for completely understandable reasons. But what's not understandable is why a cellar-dweller with a hole at QB didn't "on" him... Oakland, Jacksonville spring to mind. The NFL so lacks creativity, it's just sad.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:15 AM   #166
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
And Tebow lacks the abilitly to even be on a NFL roster as a QB. He sure didn't rise to the occasion in New England in the playoffs.
Tebow had NE defenders in the backfield , hitting him, before 2 seconds elapsed on almost every play. There was NO pocket to throw from, and Manning would have gotten killed in that game. The O line was dominated by their defense and the Defense gave up 5 TDs before the half. They pressured Tebow immediately and we put NO pressure on Brady. While Tebow is no great thing at QB, that game was NOT his fault. He was about the only one out there that performed up to his ability. Our Defense totally laid down, right away.

A common thing between that game and the Super Bowl we just lost is that the O line was completely inept at facing a pressure Defense.

If the Broncos want to WIN a Super Bowl they need to develope a real running game, and have an O line that can both run AND protect Manning, against playoff level defenses.

We have done about as much as possible via FA, to help the Defense. The draft has got to be about making the O-line better, and getting depth on both sides, both to develope., and hope that we get some immediate starters also.

O-line and Linebacker, will be priorities, along with CBs and probably then RB depth.

Our window with Manning is closing. We won't win a Super Bowl if Manning has to throw >30 times, or we can only move via the pass.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:24 AM   #167
NorthernistCaliforneeway7
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Guess this turned into a "Peytons clutch and Tebows not" thread. Interesting.
NorthernistCaliforneeway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:06 PM   #168
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default Sports Psychology and SB48 . . . . .

I know "Sports Psychology" sounds kind of mamby-pamby, but I'm still pissed off about that SB48 debacle and seeings how we'll probably be in the same position again I'm interested in how to prevent a repeat of said debacle.

The local sports guys have this guy Dr. Rick Peria on periodically and he was on right now saying that SB48 debacle could have been prevented if they had somebody, anybody on the sideline that knew how to SETTLE THE TEAM DOWN AFTER THE FIRST SNAP. Get them back into their groove, so to speak.

I've been bagging on Peyton, Fox, Del Rio, the entire leadership because they could not get the team back into their groove. They collapsed.

So, maybe Elway should hire this Dr. Rick Peria to give them some lessons about how to NOT **** their pants when the going gets tough.

Thoughts?
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:10 PM   #169
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I know "Sports Psychology" sounds kind of mamby-pamby, but I'm still pissed off about that SB48 debacle and seeings how we'll probably be in the same position again I'm interested in how to prevent a repeat of said debacle.

The local sports guys have this guy Dr. Rick Peria on periodically and he was on right now saying that SB48 debacle could have been prevented if they had somebody, anybody on the sideline that knew how to SETTLE THE TEAM DOWN AFTER THE FIRST SNAP. Get them back into their groove, so to speak.

I've been bagging on Peyton, Fox, Del Rio, the entire leadership because they could not get the team back into their groove. They collapsed.

So, maybe Elway should hire this Dr. Rick Peria to give them some lessons about how to NOT **** their pants when the going gets tough.

Thoughts?
Can he long snap?
Old 05-09-2014, 02:14 PM   #170
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Will Timmy Terrible please just go away already
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:30 PM   #171
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Will Timmy Terrible please just go away already
Who's this Timmy Terrible you speak of? John Fox?
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:12 AM   #172
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Fox is one SB win short of Saint Dungy. And Fox went to the wire in SuperBowl whatever (enough with the roman numerals already)against the cheatin' patriots with jake freakin' delhomme at qb.
Plus, tony dungy had 'ol PM at qb in his prime and only rode that horse to One SB. 'Ol Fox is doing fine in my opinion.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote