The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2014, 02:15 AM   #26
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I have an idea, it was something other then a bigfoot, because there is no such creature.
Chupacabra!
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:04 AM   #27
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

when I was at band camp I tried to score with every girl in the camp, but that's when I was a flute.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:37 AM   #28
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fankadeo View Post
I thought that was you. you were the one with the baby goats right?
You can't troll for ****.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:02 AM   #29
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
I was camping alone in bald eagle, last weekend before they shut down for the season.

I was sitting by the fire, and up along the ridge line...I hear: clack clack clack.
Not think much about it, just brushed it off.

Clack clack clack! Coming from the far left of the ridge line way back comes ringing again. I'm the only one in the park minus the camp hosts.

Soooo...I pick up some rocks and clack clack clack back. Clack clack clack rings out, and I returned the call again.

Silence. Fire is burning. I don't drink when I camp by myself. So I'm just hanging out. ..

Clack clack clack! The position has moved from 9 o'clock to 1030. I wait. The call comes again. Clack clack clack!

I returned the call. Sort of having fun with it. Silence.

Clack clack clack! 12 o'clock. Now I'm getting nervous. I only had my axe, and knives. This is obviously call and response. So what do I do...I wait. Clack clack clack! Rings out again in the october air. I return the call.

Silence.

Clack clack clack!

Sound seems to have moved half the distance from down the ridge towards me.

I put out the fire and take my flashlight out and wait.

Clack clack clack! Same distance I can judge audibly. I do not return. Clack clack clack! I do not return. I stayed up till day break. I have no idea to this day what it was. I did investigate the ride, to give you an idea the land it is old pa mountains, rocks, boulders, tree roots. Navigation with no light could result in a nasty fall.

I tell people it was bigfoot...maybe. but I have no idea.
Hummmm.......
Attached Images

Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:12 AM   #30
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Hummmm.......
It was call and response, and the call changed positions. There's a ridge line due to the mountain that I was camping on, but no cliff. Also, if you went there and tried to get an echo...you won't. Trust me, I have gone back and tried to figure it out.

To me, it's just unexplained. So I just use bigfoot as a reference. Really, I have no idea other than the event happened.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:09 AM   #31
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
This is an awesome prank, get an old wallet, and pack it full with play-money leaving some sticking out. Fold the wallet over a long piece of fishing line and hold both ends of the line and lower it down in one of the camp ground toilets (preferably one thatís pretty full) and then pull the line out. Sit back and watch the fun, itís amazing the contraptions people will come up with trying to fish it out of the crapper. I havenít done this since my old school days but I bet it still works.
That does sound like fun. When the midday fishing doldrums hit and you're bored, bam, instant entertainment. I know a couple of perfect spots to try it, thanks.
Cito Pelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:51 AM   #32
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
It was call and response, and the call changed positions. There's a ridge line due to the mountain that I was camping on, but no cliff. Also, if you went there and tried to get an echo...you won't. Trust me, I have gone back and tried to figure it out.

To me, it's just unexplained. So I just use bigfoot as a reference. Really, I have no idea other than the event happened.
You use bigfoot, I use aliens, we both know that's not the reality but it makes for a better story.

There are some weird bird and animal noises sometimes that are not what we are used to hearing. On one motorcycle site someone mentioned hearing a sound like a single cylinder motorcycle or generator starting up. They heard it in several states, and could never figure it out. Someone else posted a vid of a bird (I can't remember what bird), and that's what it was. The noise sounded very mechanical, but it was a bird.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:11 AM   #33
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
You use bigfoot, I use aliens, we both know that's not the reality but it makes for a better story.

There are some weird bird and animal noises sometimes that are not what we are used to hearing. On one motorcycle site someone mentioned hearing a sound like a single cylinder motorcycle or generator starting up. They heard it in several states, and could never figure it out. Someone else posted a vid of a bird (I can't remember what bird), and that's what it was. The noise sounded very mechanical, but it was a bird.
Just for fun search for the mysterious hum.

I've spent tons of time camping and packing in pa. I can tell you, as I stated in my op that I don't know what it was. It changed positiond and call response. I did not hear banjos. It ranks up there as just unexplained. It's not as weird as other events I've had.

Bigfoot, the fae, Pan...don't know. I sort of regret not calling it in.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:46 AM   #34
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Just for fun search for the mysterious hum.

I've spent tons of time camping and packing in pa. I can tell you, as I stated in my op that I don't know what it was. It changed positiond and call response. I did not hear banjos. It ranks up there as just unexplained. It's not as weird as other events I've had.

Bigfoot, the fae, Pan...don't know. I sort of regret not calling it in.
Reminds me of that show on TV where this team goes out searching for Bigfoot and they hike and night and howl out and they think every single noise they hear is a "squach". If a stick breaks, it must have been a "squach" in the area. If they hear a splash in the stream, it simply could not be a fish jumping, it just HAS to be a "squach" throwing a rock to warn them, hahaha. My little brother is big into the whole Bigfoot thing and so I have to do my research to debunk all of his crazy stories and theories. One of the most insane theories I've ever heard comes from some dude called Lloyd Pye. If you haven't heard it, you should go check it out. He died I guess a few years back. I can respect his time, effort and research as he has several videos that go into great detail to help explain his theory, while others just simply believe just to believe, but his theory is really so far fetched it's unreal. Basically he believes that Aliens came to this planet and wanted to create a slave society to help them build here. They first tried using Bigfoot but this creature was too dumb and they wanted a slave more to their image but not equal to them. So the took their DNA and mixed it with a Bigfoot and that's how humans were created. I can tell you now, that if an alien society made it hear to earth from millions of light years away, they would not need a slave to build things. Their technology would be so far advanced, they would simply have androids building whatever they need. And then where are those aliens now. They died off? They simply left? Ok, whatever Lloyd.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:55 PM   #35
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Reminds me of that show on TV where this team goes out searching for Bigfoot and they hike and night and howl out and they think every single noise they hear is a "squach". If a stick breaks, it must have been a "squach" in the area. If they hear a splash in the stream, it simply could not be a fish jumping, it just HAS to be a "squach" throwing a rock to warn them, hahaha. My little brother is big into the whole Bigfoot thing and so I have to do my research to debunk all of his crazy stories and theories. One of the most insane theories I've ever heard comes from some dude called Lloyd Pye. If you haven't heard it, you should go check it out. He died I guess a few years back. I can respect his time, effort and research as he has several videos that go into great detail to help explain his theory, while others just simply believe just to believe, but his theory is really so far fetched it's unreal. Basically he believes that Aliens came to this planet and wanted to create a slave society to help them build here. They first tried using Bigfoot but this creature was too dumb and they wanted a slave more to their image but not equal to them. So the took their DNA and mixed it with a Bigfoot and that's how humans were created. I can tell you now, that if an alien society made it hear to earth from millions of light years away, they would not need a slave to build things. Their technology would be so far advanced, they would simply have androids building whatever they need. And then where are those aliens now. They died off? They simply left? Ok, whatever Lloyd.
I saw the theory above on the "ancient aliens" show. That and finding Bigfoot have got to be two of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on television.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:02 PM   #36
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
I was camping alone in bald eagle, last weekend before they shut down for the season.

I was sitting by the fire, and up along the ridge line...I hear: clack clack clack.
Not think much about it, just brushed it off.

Clack clack clack! Coming from the far left of the ridge line way back comes ringing again. I'm the only one in the park minus the camp hosts.

Soooo...I pick up some rocks and clack clack clack back. Clack clack clack rings out, and I returned the call again.

Silence. Fire is burning. I don't drink when I camp by myself. So I'm just hanging out. ..

Clack clack clack! The position has moved from 9 o'clock to 1030. I wait. The call comes again. Clack clack clack!

I returned the call. Sort of having fun with it. Silence.

Clack clack clack! 12 o'clock. Now I'm getting nervous. I only had my axe, and knives. This is obviously call and response. So what do I do...I wait. Clack clack clack! Rings out again in the october air. I return the call.

Silence.

Clack clack clack!

Sound seems to have moved half the distance from down the ridge towards me.

I put out the fire and take my flashlight out and wait.

Clack clack clack! Same distance I can judge audibly. I do not return. Clack clack clack! I do not return. I stayed up till day break. I have no idea to this day what it was. I did investigate the ride, to give you an idea the land it is old pa mountains, rocks, boulders, tree roots. Navigation with no light could result in a nasty fall.

I tell people it was bigfoot...maybe. but I have no idea.
Stories like this interest me....Weird things like that have happened to me before, but never on a camping trip.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:03 PM   #37
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post

Mockingbird.

There is no bigfoot. An eight foot tall 450 pound creature does not go without so much as a hide. If a creature like that existed at some time the wolves extincted it pretty quick. Hell, if a bigfoot existed hunting dogs would have cornered one of them.
Cito Pelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:23 PM   #38
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Understand I'm not making empirical claims. I'm stating an event happened in which I'm agnostic to what it was. It was one of the weirder events that happened to me in the woods, and I'm familiar with bear, turkey, deer etc in the wood. Never had I run into this situation before.

I may use bigfoot for a dash of fun, but the reality is I have no idea. I still regret not calling in whatever it was...maybe.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:27 PM   #39
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
Stories like this interest me....Weird things like that have happened to me before, but never on a camping trip.
Well. ..share!

I also am interested, and I try to remain agnostic and not focus on my own pretext.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:32 PM   #40
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Mockingbird.

There is no bigfoot. An eight foot tall 450 pound creature does not go without so much as a hide. If a creature like that existed at some time the wolves extincted it pretty quick. Hell, if a bigfoot existed hunting dogs would have cornered one of them.
The thing I find most interesting is its lore covers many culture, and geography.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:07 PM   #41
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Well. ..share!

I also am interested, and I try to remain agnostic and not focus on my own pretext.
Once at my dad's place, (he lives in a 2 story house out in the middle of nowhere) I was there alone laying in bed upstairs. I was dog tired but I couldn't sleep, just had an unusual feeling, like that someone was watching me or that something was around that I didn't know was there. I layed there for probably 10 minutes or so, then heard the floor downstairs creaking like it does when someone is walking on it. I was alarmed, but just laid there and listened. A few minutes after that, the upstairs toilet flushed. (I know sometimes a toilet will randomly run for a few seconds but it didn't do that, it actually flushed). Last I checked, it takes someone pushing the handle down for a toilet to actually flush. After that I just got up, slid my shoes on, walked downstairs and left. I didn't leave in a hurry or a panic, I just swiftly got up and removed myself from the uncomfortable situation. I guess maybe I should have checked around to make sure someone wasn't trying to rob us, but I had been there all day and there was nobody else there. It really never felt like there was an actual person in the house, kind of hard to explain. (I don't believe in ghosts, btw) I went to a friends house for a bit, came back the next morning and everything was just as I left it. Only logical explanation is that someone had been hiding upstairs without me knowing all day, flushed the toilet when I was in bed, and left after I did. Having not taken a single thing or moved anything at all. Of course I joke to people saying it was a ghost or something, but similar to alkemical not actually believing in bigfoot, I don't believe in ghosts. Thats been several years ago and guess Ill never know what was actually going on that night. My stepmother has had a similar experience or two there as well.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:23 AM   #42
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Mockingbird.

Or someone's trail camera would of picked one up by now. They are all over the woods.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:45 PM   #43
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Mockingbird.

Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote