The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #101
SonsofBelichick
Revis Island

M a s s h o l e

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You signed Talib who everyone thought the Patriots were crazy for signing 18 months ago, he was considered a massive character and injury risk and a waste of a roster spot and a low pick.

Now he's been paid $57m dollars, when healthy he's a top 5 corner but the guy never plays 16 games and is always one stupid moment from jail or a suspension, look at his history with shooting at people, drug suspensions and even recently beating up a taxi driver while he was driving.

Then Ware who's been dinged up past 2 years and his play is noticeably declining, yes if those players stay healthy and play at their best they'll have a big impact but you can't deny there's a question mark about them 2 unless you're being a homer.

TJ Ward is the only one who you can say is a bargain in his prime and carries almost no risk, as for the Revis 2nd year option he's never going to be paid $20m dollars he'll either be extended mid season or he'll be a 1 year rental depending on how he plays and fits in that 2nd year option is only there incase they need extra time to iron out a longer deal.
SonsofBelichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:15 PM   #102
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonsofBelichick View Post
You signed Talib who everyone thought the Patriots were crazy for signing 18 months ago, he was considered a massive character and injury risk and a waste of a roster spot and a low pick.

Now he's been paid $57m dollars, when healthy he's a top 5 corner but the guy never plays 16 games and is always one stupid moment from jail or a suspension, look at his history with shooting at people, drug suspensions and even recently beating up a taxi driver while he was driving.

Then Ware who's been dinged up past 2 years and his play is noticeably declining, yes if those players stay healthy and play at their best they'll have a big impact but you can't deny there's a question mark about them 2 unless you're being a homer.

TJ Ward is the only one who you can say is a bargain in his prime and carries almost no risk.

Good, does this make you feel better?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #103
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I agree this was a panic move on the Pat's part. When it comes to playing the Broncos, they should worry more about stopping Ware and Miller than covering one receiver.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:18 PM   #104
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

4 posts to get on ignore - gotta be a record.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:19 PM   #105
Powderaddict
Koolaid Homer

Sissies Ite Domum!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:

TJ Ward is the only one who you can say is a bargain in his prime and carries almost no risk, as for the Revis 2nd year option he's never going to be paid $20m dollars he'll either be extended mid season or he'll be a 1 year rental depending on how he plays and fits in that 2nd year option is only there incase they need extra time to iron out a longer deal.
You sound like you are trying to convince yourself that you're not worried.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:20 PM   #106
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

One wonders what Elvis Dumervil is thinking right about now with his ****ty $6m a year from the Ravens.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:23 PM   #107
SonsofBelichick
Revis Island

M a s s h o l e

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
You sound like you are trying to convince yourself that you're not worried.
Peyton Manning, haven't you learned yet??

he isn't clutch, how many times do you have to let the regular season fool you?

I can't believe you're going to let him do it to you again, i almost feel bad for you guys, you're such good fans but boy oh boy
Old 03-13-2014, 12:25 PM   #108
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
One wonders what Elvis Dumervil is thinking right about now with his ****ty $6m a year from the Ravens.
Flacco>Peyton

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:29 PM   #109
SonsofBelichick
Revis Island

M a s s h o l e

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Broncos were interested in Revis but not $12m a year http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-run-at-revis/
Old 03-13-2014, 12:31 PM   #110
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Elway smart enough to know that getting Talib in yr 3 at 8.5 mil or whatever it exactly is will be a bargain.

Revis wanting 12 mil a yr could be a doable for one yr but not over 3 yrs. Elway made the right move going for stability. That way over these next couple yrs he can worry about other spots that will still need upgrades. Meanwhile next yr the Pats will have to worry about what to do at the number 1 CB spot. At that same time Broncos cap hit for Talib will be going down freeing us up to target new players in FA.

Hopefully the pats lose Edleman.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:32 PM   #111
SonsofBelichick
Revis Island

M a s s h o l e

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Elway smart enough to know that getting Talib in yr 3 at 8.5 mil or whatever it exactly is will be a bargain.

Revis wanting 12 mil a yr could be a doable for one yr but not over 3 yrs. Elway made the right move going for stability. That way over these next couple yrs he can worry about other spots that will still need upgrades. Meanwhile next yr the Pats will have to worry about what to do at the number 1 CB spot. At that same time Broncos cap hit for Talib will be going down freeing us up to target new players in FA.

Hopefully the pats lose Edleman.

We'll lose Wilfork he's not going to restructure and he's aging and coming off of a nasty injury cutting him saves over $8m on the cap
Old 03-13-2014, 12:34 PM   #112
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:

I can't believe you're going to let him do it to you again, i almost feel bad for you guys, you're such good fans but boy oh boy
He needs a defense that makes plays in the playoffs to win IMO. But in Ariz next yr the weather would favor his game more.

He won the Superbowl once and has been several times. By far still one of the top 3-4 qbs in the league who can get you to the big game on a regular basis.

Broncos IMO are trying to build a front 7 that makes big plays to win games. Elway knows that Manning not going to do it on his own. He will need a few turnovers going his way, some sacks going his way.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:35 PM   #113
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
We'll lose Wilfork he's not going to restructure and he's aging and coming off of a nasty injury cutting him saves over $8m on the cap
Excellent.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:35 PM   #114
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Gotta love it when fans reach as bad as their team does to justify a piss poor panic signing

ROFL @ Pats right now

At least my buddies in Boston are realists and not kool-aid drinkers - they're up in arms with what NE is "not" doing right now
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:24 PM   #115
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:

I've "let Peyton fool me twice." The same number Brady fooled you over that time. All that matters to me is winning going forward. It's a myth Peyton can't win playoff games. I don't really care that Peyton has a better playoff record than Brady over the last 8-9 years. It doesn't even matter to me that Peyton has won the Super Bowl since Brady. I was pulling for the Bears in that one. I don't care about the Colts. I hated them as much as the Patriots back then. All that matters is who's the team to beat in 2014. Everybody thinks it's the Broncos in the AFC.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:30 PM   #116
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Ware's play never declined. He played hurt last yr then shut it down but he still has good football left.

Talib a bit of a risk but Ward is a very safe move IMO.

Ware though is just an all time NFL stud. Can't compare players like Talib to him. Revis also an all time stud, he trumps Talib. But at what price for the pats? Losing Wilfork and Edleman? A steep price to pay.

Broncos can lose Decker because he's only our number 2 WR. Pats keep losing the number 1 most productive WR.

I think the Pats are still behind us talent wise.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:19 PM   #117
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Patriots | Brandon Browner agrees to terms

The New England Patriots have agreed to terms with free-agent CB Brandon Browner (Seahawks) on a two-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

2014-03-13 19:07:58 | Source: NFL Network - Ian Rapoport

- See more at: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=896....4FcpEgEc.dpuf
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:31 PM   #118
SonsofBelichick
Revis Island

M a s s h o l e

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Rapoport warning, guy is a fool.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:40 PM   #119
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Rapoport warning, guy is a fool.
A fisherman always sees a fisherman from afar...
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote