The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #51
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,659

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
LMAO. Yep, you don't get it.
Is that the best you can come up with ...... Skittles Vodka...... oh yes that was over my head.


Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Nope. Totally over his head.
Another reach around for your little liberal buddy, what are you trying to cook tonight's dinner and post at the same time?
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:19 PM   #52
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,047

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Is that the best you can come up with ...... Skittles Vodka...... oh yes that was over my head.




Another reach around for your little liberal buddy, what are you trying to cook tonight's dinner and post at the same time?
Now don't get all butt hurt because you can't follow the conversation.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:47 PM   #53
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I've gotta say, I've never tried candies, but we tried to bake some cookies a long time ago, and nothing. To me at least, it just seems like there's better ways of getting the desired effect.
Take a half ounce of great pot, put 2 sticks of butter in a pot with couple quarts of water and boil slow, then simmer maybe 6 hours or so. Some people say even less time. Then strain out weed with cheesecloth. But water/butter mixture in fridge overnight or until it hardens on top. Take butter out make cookies with it.

Do it like that and you will be ****ed up.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #54
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Take a half ounce of great pot, put 2 sticks of butter in a pot with couple quarts of water and boil slow, then simmer maybe 6 hours or so. Some people say even less time. Then strain out weed with cheesecloth. But water/butter mixture in fridge overnight or until it hardens on top. Take butter out make cookies with it.

Do it like that and you will be ****ed up.
That's exactly how we did it. Worked for the wife and her friend, not for me.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #55
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,747

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Back in the day when we wanted to get high, we used to light the potweed on fire in various hand-held recpticles and inhale the smoke into our lungs... AND WE LIKED IT!!!
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:05 PM   #56
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,659

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
That's exactly how we did it. Worked for the wife and her friend, not for me.
so it worked for her and him but not you ..........
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:25 PM   #57
fankadeo
Rookie
 
fankadeo's Avatar
 
oh noooooooooooooooooooo

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bye bye
Posts: 77

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
so it worked for her and him but not you ..........
You are a good old fashioned dingbat
fankadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:50 AM   #58
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,620

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:08 AM   #59
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,805

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

The government needs that tax money to fund more Obama vacations.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:31 AM   #60
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,620

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
The government needs that tax money to fund more Obama vacations.
You are stupid.


Who holds the record for the most presidential vacation time?

Thursday's episode of In Play, The Washington Post's new political analysis show hosted by Chris Cillizza of The Fix and Jackie Kucinich, revealed the answer: President George W. Bush. During his two terms, Bush took 879 vacation days, which included 77 total trips to his Crawford, Tex., ranch. Nine of those trips were taken in his first year as president.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...vacation-time/
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:06 AM   #61
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Colorado tax revenue is 50% higher than they even expected.

New estimate says almost $200 million in the first 18 months. Expect more states to follow suit, and likely sooner than later. Who can't use an extra $200 million in their state budget?

http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/20/news...axes-colorado/
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:07 AM   #62
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,421

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
You are stupid.


Who holds the record for the most presidential vacation time?

Thursday's episode of In Play, The Washington Post's new political analysis show hosted by Chris Cillizza of The Fix and Jackie Kucinich, revealed the answer: President George W. Bush. During his two terms, Bush took 879 vacation days, which included 77 total trips to his Crawford, Tex., ranch. Nine of those trips were taken in his first year as president.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...vacation-time/
That's because Cheney was actually president. Bush was his trained monkey.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:32 AM   #63
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
You are stupid.
Yep. barryr *is* the stupid.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #64
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,620

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

This is terrific news.

Colorado bans dog racing

http://www.grey2kusa.org/eNEWS/G2K-031114.html

The greyhound racing circuit is one of the most animal spectacles in the U.S. where thousands of dogs were killed every year when they could not race or were not fast enough.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:34 AM   #65
nyuk nyuk
Good kid
 
nyuk nyuk's Avatar
 
In the hizzouse

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Niinéniiniicíihéhe
Posts: 859

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PFM!
Default

Please, Colorado liberals. Keep smoking that weed so you'll be too disinterested to vote.
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #66
nyuk nyuk
Good kid
 
nyuk nyuk's Avatar
 
In the hizzouse

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Niinéniiniicíihéhe
Posts: 859

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PFM!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Brilliant.

Only drug dealers go to prison for pot in Colorado, unless they don't pay the fine they got for small quantity pot possession. One of the favorite myths of the legalization lobby is to pretend some hippy busted with 2 joints is doing time.

Why feel the need to spread such disinformation? Unless you possess enough to consider intent to distribute, there is no such issue here. Shame.
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #67
NorthernistCaliforneeway7
Seasoned Veteran
 
NorthernistCaliforneeway7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 498

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

It really is funny to me how conservatives try and argue agianst the legalization of pot. They say some of the most ignorant stuff Ive ever heard. As someone whos most in line with libertarian ideology, I definitley would say legalization is a libertarian idea as well. Im very proud of you Coloradians(?), and hopefully California will legalize pot soon.
NorthernistCaliforneeway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:01 PM   #68
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,421

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
It really is funny to me how conservatives try and argue agianst the legalization of pot. They say some of the most ignorant stuff Ive ever heard. As someone whos most in line with libertarian ideology, I definitley would say legalization is a libertarian idea as well. Im very proud of you Coloradians(?), and hopefully California will legalize pot soon.
When other states start seeing the tax money Colorado is bringing in from pot, they'll get inspired.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:38 PM   #69
nyuk nyuk
Good kid
 
nyuk nyuk's Avatar
 
In the hizzouse

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Niinéniiniicíihéhe
Posts: 859

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PFM!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
It really is funny to me how conservatives try and argue agianst the legalization of pot. They say some of the most ignorant stuff Ive ever heard. As someone whos most in line with libertarian ideology, I definitley would say legalization is a libertarian idea as well. Im very proud of you Coloradians(?), and hopefully California will legalize pot soon.
As a Libertardian, you must be thrilled with the lack of border control and its consequences. Good work!
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:07 PM   #70
Johnykbr
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 787

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
When other states start seeing the tax money Colorado is bringing in from pot, they'll get inspired.
There's an issue there. It appears that CO is going to pull in substantially less than they already forecasted and stupidly bookmarked in future spending. 2.5 million in January and they expected 130+ million for the year? I know budgets don't work this way but it was incredibly stupid to allocate funds based off of a pilot program. Yes, more shops will open which will mean some more revenue will roll in but demand will never be higher than it was in January.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #71
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,421

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
There's an issue there. It appears that CO is going to pull in substantially less than they already forecasted and stupidly bookmarked in future spending. 2.5 million in January and they expected 130+ million for the year? I know budgets don't work this way but it was incredibly stupid to allocate funds based off of a pilot program. Yes, more shops will open which will mean some more revenue will roll in but demand will never be higher than it was in January.
I don't know anything about it personally, but it sounds like the prices are too exorbitant for the market.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:23 PM   #72
NorthernistCaliforneeway7
Seasoned Veteran
 
NorthernistCaliforneeway7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 498

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
As a Libertardian, you must be thrilled with the lack of border control and its consequences. Good work!
Hell yeah, love no border security. How do you think I got high for the first time? Illegals carring bammer across the border for me to enjoy, thats how. I definitley felt libertarded after a couple puffs because I thought I was Ron Paul after he had a stroke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
When other states start seeing the tax money Colorado is bringing in from pot, they'll get inspired.
Yeah, it will happen eventually. Im more or less just jealous of how you guys in Colorado are the leaders in this whole thing when I think California should have started things off.
NorthernistCaliforneeway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:36 PM   #73
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,421

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernistCaliforneeway7 View Post
Hell yeah, love no border security. How do you think I got high for the first time? Illegals carring bammer across the border for me to enjoy, thats how. I definitley felt libertarded after a couple puffs because I thought I was Ron Paul after he had a stroke.



Yeah, it will happen eventually. Im more or less just jealous of how you guys in Colorado are the leaders in this whole thing when I think California should have started things off.
I grew up in the South Bay. I'm surprised California didn't do it first too.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:08 PM   #74
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

Can you have a free market with burdesome tax and heavy regulation where the weed can come from? Sounds more like ripe for monopolizes, price gouging, and tax evasion to me. Hell so much for no enforcement, they will be out in force to monitor the states take of the drug money.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:22 AM   #75
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,620

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

The majority of Coloradoans think the legalization of pot has been good for the state. Only 15% have tried it.

http://news.yahoo.com/poll-coloradan...192323310.html

Poll: Coloradans back legal pot, 15 percent used


DENVER (AP) — Coloradans think marijuana legalization has been good for the state, though just 15 percent have used pot since recreational sales began in January, according to a poll released Monday.


Fifty-two percent said marijuana legalization has been beneficial, 38 percent said it has been bad for the state, and 10 percent were unsure, according to the Quinnipiac University poll. Asked whether legalization has "eroded the moral fiber" of people in Colorado, 30 percent agreed, and 67 percent disagreed.

Marijuana activists praised Monday's poll results, especially the 53-41 margin agreeing that legal pot "will save the state and taxpayers a significant amount of money."

"Not only has the sky not fallen, the forecast is as bright as ever" for economic growth from legal pot, said Mason Tvert, spokesman for the Marijuana Policy Project.

Pollsters conducted the telephone survey April 15-21 with 1,298 registered voters. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.7 points.

Coloradans did not seem to think legal pot has made driving more dangerous. Asked whether legalization has made driving less safe, 54 percent said no and 39 percent said yes.

Residents were more divided on legal pot's effect on the criminal justice system. Fifty percent said legalization will have a positive impact on it, 40 percent said it will have a negative impact, the rest were unsure. Just 21 percent said they thought marijuana legalization would reduce racially biased arrests.

Coloradans might be OK with marijuana, but they're not clamoring to see politicians using it frequently.

Asked whether they'd be more or less likely to vote for a candidate for elected office who smokes marijuana two or three days a week, just 3 percent said more likely. Fifty-two percent said they'd be less likely to vote for the candidate, with the rest saying it would make no difference or they were unsure.

Gina Carbone of Smart Colorado, a critic of the current marijuana industry, said she's been hearing an outpouring of concern about Colorado's marijuana landscape, especially after the April 20 celebrations that put mass public toking on the national news.

"There's been tremendous backlash" at the sight of public smoking, Carbone said. And recent news of deaths that may be connected to marijuana consumption has heightened worries.

"We are hearing nothing but people complaining and emailing out of concern for what is going on," she said.

The poll also asked about same-sex marriage and found Coloradans support it nearly 2-to-1. Sixty-one percent supported same-sex marriage in Colorado, while 33 percent opposed it, and 7 percent were unsure.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Denver Broncos