The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2014, 01:15 PM   #26
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
We passed on some good guards last yr to take Kavon Webster.
That is because Elway values CB's 2nd to pass rushing LB's.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #27
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
I believe very stongly that they will keep Tamme....Peyton will request it...and he does fill in nicely for Welker...
We need to keep Tamme especially if we lose Decker and or Caldwell.

I would love to see them move or trade Dreessen though, no reason we couldn't get a low draft pick for him and save some cap room.

Then get an H-back/FB hybrid in the draft to replace him. Doubt it happens but that is what I would do.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:32 PM   #28
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
We need to keep Tamme especially if we lose Decker and or Caldwell.

I would love to see them move or trade Dreessen though, no reason we couldn't get a low draft pick for him and save some cap room.

Then get an H-back/FB hybrid in the draft to replace him. Doubt it happens but that is what I would do.
ya all are gonna beat me down for this but I like Tamme better then Decker...he knows Peytons system better...in truth I wish they had of picked up Collie...he may have played like **** with Brady but hes good with Peyton....
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:37 PM   #29
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
ya all are gonna beat me down for this but I like Tamme better then Decker...he knows Peytons system better...in truth I wish they had of picked up Collie...he may have played like **** with Brady but hes good with Peyton....
Plus he doesn't trip over turf monsters.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:01 PM   #30
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The draft has some deep talent at OG, WR, both spots we could use a young player.

Some real road graders with quick feet types. I think it's a good time to invest in a guard, invest in a young WR, maybe rounds 2-4 sometimes. Then use the top pick on a CB or DE.
Unfortunately my friends if he was able to play, he would have two weeks ago. Chris has had a wonderful time with the Broncos and so have we. It was surreal watching my son walking the sideline in what is the arguably the grandest spectacle in sports. In the 23 seasons that we have shared this game that both of us love, he has only 1 time acknowledged his mom or me from the game. It choked both of us up because we could see that he was trying hard to find us and when he did it gave me goosebumps. I know that he will probably make an announcement sometime in the near future so until then who knows what will happen. I can tell you one thing... I will never... sport Steelers gear again. I'm sure I will be checking in to bs with you guys so until then Good Luck to all of you and Go Broncos!!!
kupesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:13 PM   #31
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupesdad View Post
Unfortunately my friends if he was able to play, he would have two weeks ago. Chris has had a wonderful time with the Broncos and so have we. It was surreal watching my son walking the sideline in what is the arguably the grandest spectacle in sports. In the 23 seasons that we have shared this game that both of us love, he has only 1 time acknowledged his mom or me from the game. It choked both of us up because we could see that he was trying hard to find us and when he did it gave me goosebumps. I know that he will probably make an announcement sometime in the near future so until then who knows what will happen. I can tell you one thing... I will never... sport Steelers gear again. I'm sure I will be checking in to bs with you guys so until then Good Luck to all of you and Go Broncos!!!
You and your family should be extraordinarily proud at the accomplishments Chris has had through his whole life -- from the great north, to UND to the Denver Broncos. Thanks for everything! All the bests.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:17 PM   #32
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Thanks, we are proud of all of our boys and his mom and brothers as well as Cindy's family had a blast at the game AND the afterparty. It was a memorable day!
Old 02-20-2014, 03:17 PM   #33
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
That is because Elway values CB's 2nd to pass rushing LB's.
I understand he knows way more then me. It's just sometimes I feel NFL gms pass on polished players at the non glamor positions to reach for CB and pass rushers etc etc.

I know though a starting CB worth more then a starting guard.

Also it does seem that good guard sort of there every yr.

I do think it's time to grab some interior help. Walton and Beadles FA, Koppen prob retire, Rameriz more a swing players/journeyman type. Maybe this yr? or maybe a FA?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:22 PM   #34
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Watching football I don't see how anyone survives through college and HS to play in pros. It's probably tough for the men who play to go from being sort of a gladiator to struggling with injuries. In the end though its the type of person you are the people who love you will judge you by, and that is all that matters in the big picture.

He didn't miss much not playing in that game and when he was healthy he was better then Beadles has ever played IMO. Besides how many people can say they played pro football? Not many.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #35
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

OMane breaking news daily. Thanks kupesdad for loaning us your son! It was a blast watching him maul!
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:29 PM   #36
kupesdad
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Watching football I don't see how anyone survives through college and HS to play in pros. It's probably tough for the men who play to go from being sort of a gladiator to struggling with injuries. In the end though its the type of person you are the people who love you will judge you by, and that is all that matters in the big picture.

He didn't miss much not playing in that game and when he was healthy he was better then Beadles has ever played IMO. Besides how many people can say they played pro football? Not many.
You are right, I can't say I didn't feel cheated for him because of all the pain and bs he put himself through in order to help the team. I know I see him through my "dad goggles" but he is one of the toughest human being I have ever seen. It's probably a mixed blessing because, had he been able to "go" on that ankle, he might have ended up in the same boat as Mike Webster or Junior Seau.. I want my grandaughter to have the opportunity to walk the aisle with her pop when she gets married. It's been nice arguing with you these past 8 years. Take care, dk
Old 02-20-2014, 03:30 PM   #37
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
We passed on some good guards last yr to take Kavon Webster.
We didn't really need OG last year on paper though. You had Beadles coming off a pro bowl year, you brought in Vazquez, Kuper was expected to be farther along and battle Beadles for the starting job. Plus you also had Man Ram.

I like a lot of the OG's in this draft and wouldn't mind taking Hurst or Henderson in the 4th or 5th and sliding them inside to OG.
There is a lot of talent at OG this year and we should be able to find a really good one to plug into the line.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:34 PM   #38
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You are right, I can't say I didn't feel cheated for him because of all the pain and bs he put himself through in order to help the team. I know I see him through my "dad goggles" but he is one of the toughest human being I have ever seen. It's probably a mixed blessing because, had he been able to "go" on that ankle, he might have ended up in the same boat as Mike Webster or Junior Seau.. I want my grandaughter to have the opportunity to walk the aisle with her pop when she gets married. It's been nice arguing with you these past 8 years. Take care, dk
Give Chris all our best. We love having him on our team and it's been a pleasure watching him and having you around here. I do hope you stop by and visit sometime. You know Khan will insist on this.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:21 PM   #39
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
I hope we restructure and keep Kuper
Why?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:17 AM   #40
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Sounds like Fox is trying to throw glitter on Hillman to make him look good for a trade...
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:24 AM   #41
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Man, that is tough to hear KD.

I had held out hope he would return and be a badass for us once again, but it sure seemed like it was over after he filled in a bit this season.

Please let Chris know how much we appreciated him and what he gave the Broncos organization while he was here. Best wishes to him, and your whole family!

Thanks for being awesome and posting here as much as you did! It was always a treat for me to hear from you.

Go Broncos!
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:48 AM   #42
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Thank you to Chris and to you for putting up with some here.

Unfortunately Chris is a "wounded warrior" , and sometimes they just can't get back in the fight. He gave his all when he was in there....all that can be asked of anyone.

God bless and best of luck to you and ALL your family as well as Chris's.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:11 AM   #43
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Here's PFF's take:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...enver-broncos/

There are not fans of Wolfe!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:30 AM   #44
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Here's PFF's take:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...enver-broncos/

There are not fans of Wolfe!
Placing both Wolfe and Jackson at 4-3 DE's is laughable. Neither player has had any production over their entire careers at DE, save for a few sacks that Wolfe managed at DE when he dropped to 260 lbs.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:33 AM   #45
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Why is it laughable? That is there position on the roster and that is what they were drafted for. Ends who can kick inside if need be.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:36 AM   #46
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Why is it laughable? That is there position on the roster and that is what they were drafted for. Ends who can kick inside if need be.
Agree. That and I don't think Wolfe is a full time DT.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:46 AM   #47
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Wolfe was drafted for and played 70% of snaps at DT in 2012. If you honestly think they drafted a 300 pound guy, who runs a 4.95 forty to play 4-3 DE, then Del Rio is an idiot.

Also, all of Jackson's pressures came at DT, not DE. If he played all his snaps at DE he would have even less production there than Wolfe managed to muster.

Both guys are 6-10 sack 3-techs, with Wolfe bring better against the run, because he's stronger and a wrestler.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:50 AM   #48
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Agree. That and I don't think Wolfe is a full time DT.
5-tech in a 5 man front. 3-tech in a 4 man front.

Just like Malik Jackson. Playing either guy at DE in a 4 man front is ineffective.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:54 AM   #49
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Wolfe was drafted for and played 70% of snaps at DT in 2012. If you honestly think they drafted a 300 pound guy, who runs a 4.95 forty to play 4-3 DE, then Del Rio is an idiot.
It was a mistake from the get go. . .
Old 02-21-2014, 12:04 PM   #50
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

In 2013, Malik Jackson played the same role that Derek Wolfe did in 2012. Both had 40 tackles, and 6 sacks playing 70% of their snaps at DT.

This year Del Rio choose to shift Wolfe exclusively to DE to full in for the suspended Von Miller, which was an abject failure. Still, Wolfe managed 4 sacks after he cut 40 pounds of weight.

Both Wolfe and Jackson are superior interior pass-rushers. And neither can do anything from the outside (unless they cut 40 pounds).