The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2014, 08:12 AM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default Off Season Mode - Off Topics Welcome...

Just an FYI that with the off season in effect, off topics are now welcome on the Main Mane forum - saving political topics, which are still relegated to their own forum...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2014, 08:19 AM   #2
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Hopefully we can get a few Myrtle beach threads. It's gonna be a ****ing long offseason.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:30 AM   #3
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Hopefully we can get a few Myrtle beach threads. It's gonna be a ****ing long offseason.
Or some Ambien stories, those wouldn't be too shabby.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:59 PM   #4
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/ph...aign=nova_next

Is quantum mechanics actually useful? That’s a common question asked by physicists and non-physicists alike. After all, the information we glean from how particles interact isn’t yet a staple of everyday life.

Occasionally, though, scientists apply far-out theories to very real world problems. Take a recent discovery in Japan, where Takafumi Ono and fellow researchers at Hokkaido University have built the world’s first entanglement-enhanced microscope. Yes, you read correctly: this microscope operates on a quantum level.

It could be a boon to anyone studying super small moving or living things. Currently, if scientists want to get a detailed view of a spore or a microbe, for example, they have to use an electron microscope, which in addition to being expensive, blasts the sample with such an intense beam that if it was living at the beginning of the observation, it probably won’t be in the end. Plus, many electron microscopes require the sample to be coated in a thin film of gold to enhance electron reflection. That pretty much rules out studying anything that moves or is alive, from complex proteins to single-celled protozoans.

But the entanglement-enhanced microscope doesn’t require samples to be immobile, nor does it bombard them with lethal beams. Rather, it uses an existing process, known as differential interference contrast microscopy, and gives it a boost by relying on the principle of entanglement. In differential interference contrast microscopy, an object is observed using two beams of photons, produced by splitting a single beam of light into two orthogonally polarized beams. These are focused on separate but adjacent spots, and the shape and texture of the object is detected when the two beams bounce back. When there’s no change, the two beams don’t interfere. But when one beam passes over a change before the other, the interference in returning photos is detected.

Measurements using this technique are good, but can be improved if the two photon beams are entangled. Entangled particles start off close together, exchanging intimate information about each other. Then when separated, they’re still able to communicate at a rate that’s seemingly instantaneous—faster than the speed of light. A microscope that uses entangled photons, then, would provide more information than a normal microscope can because each beam automatically provides information about the other.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:34 PM   #5
Enter The Dragon
Still Not A Playa

Football Jesus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T.J. Ward

I made some pretty good green chili yesterday. Still perfecting it. Only one problem. I like a little more kick than my kids do. I gotta break down and make two batches? Any pointers?
Enter The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:57 PM   #6
skunk
Seasoned Veteran

WOE UNTO THEE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enter The Dragon View Post
I made some pretty good green chili yesterday. Still perfecting it. Only one problem. I like a little more kick than my kids do. I gotta break down and make two batches? Any pointers?
try making two batches, one with more kick and one without. OR make a batch the way you like it and give your kids hotdogs or something.
skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:34 PM   #7
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk View Post
try making two batches, one with more kick and one without. OR make a batch the way you like it and give your kids hotdogs or something.

the 2nd option.. every time I get drive through or make something my kids cant eat (allergies) I just let them eat cereal for dinner, pb and j or corndogs
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote