The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 08:23 PM   #51
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,964

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Correct me if I am wrong. Von slapped with 4 game suspension. He appeals it and agrees to 6 game and decides not to fight it. Something is fishy there.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:23 PM   #52
kcxiv
Rookie
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
Usually when it's too good to be true it is... Lance, 70's Steelers, McGwire/Sosa, all Olympians, Bonds, Braun, Patriots "dynasty", USC championships (coach then??) , 49er's Cap cheating scandal etc. etc. How did all of those late round DB's they have get so good. The proof is in the prior suspensions. Are there not 7 prior suspensions in the last 2 years??
Didn't the broncos get busted for cap cheating during there Superbowl wins? Not trying to troll but giving them examples and leaving out the broncos on that is lame.
kcxiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:27 PM   #53
manchambo
Ring of Famer
 
manchambo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv View Post
Didn't the broncos get busted for cap cheating during there Superbowl wins? Not trying to troll but giving them examples and leaving out the broncos on that is lame.
This isn't trolling at all. It is a completely reasonable response to the checken**** in this thread.
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:21 AM   #54
Navy Broncos Fan
Rookie
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 50

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
Sherman, Thurmond, Irvin and Browner have been caught using peds. Von was caught on weed. What other broncos starters are you talking about? There whole secondary is on it
Let the record reflect that "whole secondary" will now be referred to as 1 person.
Navy Broncos Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:25 AM   #55
Action
Ring of Famer
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 2,609

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Hopefully this ass whoopin will wake up soft ass Broncos fans and realize what it takes to field a physical team.

Hopefully Broncos fans finally realize that you need some smash mouth players and aggressive attitudes in the locker room.

This fan base used to think everything was about "heart."

****in pussies.
Action is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:05 AM   #56
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,463

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Hopefully this ass whoopin will wake up soft ass Broncos fans and realize what it takes to field a physical team.

Hopefully Broncos fans finally realize that you need some smash mouth players and aggressive attitudes in the locker room.

This fan base used to think everything was about "heart."

****in pussies.
Serious question: Is that directed at the fans in your rant, or are you accurately describing all members of the Broncos organization?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:50 AM   #57
400HZ
Ring of Famer
 
400HZ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,522

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli
Default

How many of the 35 victory margin points did PED usage account for?

Thanks for the lame Superbowl, by the way.
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:03 AM   #58
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,802

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400HZ View Post
How many of the 35 victory margin points did PED usage account for?

Thanks for the lame Superbowl, by the way.
SEA wouldn't have reached SB if they were not using PED's.
Knowing Pete..i am sure he encouraged his players to use them.

Hopefully, they all get caught soon.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:08 AM   #59
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,964

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
SEA wouldn't have reached SB if they were not using PED's.
Knowing Pete..i am sure he encouraged his players to use them.

Hopefully, they all get caught soon.
It's funny how you whine about this yet don't acknowledge Denver has 1 less PED suspension over same time frame.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:18 AM   #60
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,802

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
It's funny how you whine about this yet don't acknowledge Denver has 1 less PED suspension over same time frame.
SEA players are not getting caught..our players need to learn how they do it.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:24 AM   #61
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler
 
ATL-Eric's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 709

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
It's funny how you whine about this yet don't acknowledge Denver has 1 less PED suspension over same time frame.
Hey **** Face.. Since 2011 its 6 players to our 1 suspended by the NFL and it should be 7 to 1 had Sherman not gotten off on a technicality. And not only that but our 1 didnt play in the game! You want the link ****face, because unlike you, I dont talk out of my ass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ded_by_the_NFL
ATL-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:25 AM   #62
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,802

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
Hey **** Face.. Since 2011 its 6 players to our 1 suspended by the NFL and it should be 7 to 1 had Sherman not gotten off on a technicality. And not only that but our 1 didnt play in the game! You want the link ****face, because unlike you, I dont talk out of my ass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ded_by_the_NFL
Just ignore him..he is an idiot and doesn't know **** about football..all he claims is that he is a fan for many years compared to me.

what's the use when you don't know the basic rules of football.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:36 AM   #63
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,964

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
Hey **** Face.. Since 2011 its 6 players to our 1 suspended by the NFL and it should be 7 to 1 had Sherman not gotten off on a technicality. And not only that but our 1 didnt play in the game! You want the link ****face, because unlike you, I dont talk out of my ass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ded_by_the_NFL
Denver has had 4 in the same time frame as Seahawks since Carroll BTW. You are the moron whining about suspensions saying it effected the game. Its not ky fault if you are so dense to think Denver has angels on their team. http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...45&src=desktop
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #64
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Serious question: Is that directed at the fans in your rant, or are you accurately describing all members of the Broncos organization?
Fans were a no show at the game.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:46 PM   #65
jdblack
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 30

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
Hey **** Face.. Since 2011 its 6 players to our 1 suspended by the NFL and it should be 7 to 1 had Sherman not gotten off on a technicality. And not only that but our 1 didnt play in the game! You want the link ****face, because unlike you, I dont talk out of my ass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ded_by_the_NFL
A couple of those instances did not play for the Seahawks this year (or ever) in non-preseason games. Two more (Browner & Thurmond) were violations of the substance abuse policy, NOT the performance enhancing policy. Do you understand the difference yet?
jdblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:52 PM   #66
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 4,460

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Correct me if I am wrong. Von slapped with 4 game suspension. He appeals it and agrees to 6 game and decides not to fight it. Something is fishy there.
says the man that tried to get into a Hawks victory party...so yeah ya think somethings a little fishy
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:58 PM   #67
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler
 
ATL-Eric's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 709

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdblack View Post
A couple of those instances did not play for the Seahawks this year (or ever) in non-preseason games. Two more (Browner & Thurmond) were violations of the substance abuse policy, NOT the performance enhancing policy. Do you understand the difference yet?


lol. wrong...

"Six Seahawks have broken the policy for what has been assumed to be for Adderall, those players include John Moffit, Allen Barbre, Winston Guy, Brandon Browner, Richard Sherman, and Bruce Irvin." see Brandon Browner??

http://seattlesportsagents.wordpress...-abuse-policy/


And this.... straight from Sherman's big ****ing mouth: "Asked if the Seattle Seahawks have a problem with performance-enhancing drugs with five player suspensions since 2011, cornerback Richard Sherman told ESPN The Magazine, “it does seem that way.”

Sherman, who was suspended last season for allegedly using Adderall only to have the ban overturned on appeal last December, said of the Seahawks’ perceived PED problem: “It is what it is.”


http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...-peds-problem/

Last edited by ATL-Eric; 02-06-2014 at 05:01 PM..
ATL-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:03 PM   #68
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 4,460

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
lol. wrong...

"Six Seahawks have broken the policy for what has been assumed to be for Adderall, those players include John Moffit, Allen Barbre, Winston Guy, Brandon Browner, Richard Sherman, and Bruce Irvin." see Beandon Browner??

http://seattlesportsagents.wordpress...-abuse-policy/


And this.... straight from Sherman's big ****ing mouth: "Asked if the Seattle Seahawks have a problem with performance-enhancing drugs with five player suspensions since 2011, cornerback Richard Sherman told ESPN The Magazine, “it does seem that way.”

Sherman, who was suspended last season for allegedly using Adderall only to have the ban overturned on appeal last December, said of the Seahawks’ perceived PED problem: “It is what it is.”


http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...-peds-problem/
Okay that explains it all...Adderall is a spaze drug if not used for the proper use...its suppose to slow people down it sped them up...
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #69
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler
 
ATL-Eric's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 709

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
Okay that explains it all...Adderall is a spaze drug if not used for the proper use...its suppose to slow people down it sped them up...
I take it youve never tried it. If taken by people who dont need it makes you act like this:
ATL-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #70
jdblack
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 30

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
lol. wrong...

"Six Seahawks have broken the policy for what has been assumed to be for Adderall, those players include John Moffit, Allen Barbre, Winston Guy, Brandon Browner, Richard Sherman, and Bruce Irvin." see Brandon Browner??

http://seattlesportsagents.wordpress...-abuse-policy/


And this.... straight from Sherman's big ****ing mouth: "Asked if the Seattle Seahawks have a problem with performance-enhancing drugs with five player suspensions since 2011, cornerback Richard Sherman told ESPN The Magazine, “it does seem that way.”

Sherman, who was suspended last season for allegedly using Adderall only to have the ban overturned on appeal last December, said of the Seahawks’ perceived PED problem: “It is what it is.”


http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...-peds-problem/
What was I wrong about?

In the post I responded to you said SEVEN Seahawks. Your new link says
SIX. You left off Walter Thurmond this time, maybe because you understand the difference now between the substance abuse policy and the performance enhancing policy. The other violation on your initial link that was for substance abuse, not PED, was Brandon Browner's most recent suspension. His first was PED, and his second was substance abuse. (Someone should really update that wiki article into separate lists for each policy.)

Allen Barbre never played for us.

Richard Sherman's was overturned because of evidence contamination - the tester moved his sample from a leaking container into a cup that was already opened. You seem to be bigoted against all things Seahawks, so I know you won't believe anything but the worst about them, but the NFL's own arbitration panel decided in Sherman's favor. That is a rare thing. Your most recent link was also written before Sherman won his appeal.

Winston Guy & John Moffitt are no longer with the Seahawks, and didn't do much when they were here. That leaves Irvin & Browner. Irvin is a middling player right now, and Browner's replacement has played better than he has.

If any of those four guys were on PEDs, it didn't help the Seahawks get where they are now. They're replacement level or worse (on our roster).

Regarding Sherman's statement - "It does seem that way." and "It is what it is." are nuanced ways of saying "No comment. We both know the number of suspensions." He is saying very little. I'll point out again that the Seahawks would be about as good as they are now if they never had Barbre, Irvin, Moffit, Guy, or Browner.
jdblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:04 PM   #71
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,800

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
SEA wouldn't have reached SB if they were not using PED's.
Knowing Pete..i am sure he encouraged his players to use them.

Hopefully, they all get caught soon.
You know Pete? Exactly what has Pete done in the past that warrants his blame for suspected PED use?

Not sure if Seattle players are on anything but at least show us all the list of what Carroll has done at USC or in his past at the NFL level.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #72
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler
 
ATL-Eric's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 709

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdblack View Post
What was I wrong about?

In the post I responded to you said SEVEN Seahawks. Your new link says
SIX. You left off Walter Thurmond this time, maybe because you understand the difference now between the substance abuse policy and the performance enhancing policy. The other violation on your initial link that was for substance abuse, not PED, was Brandon Browner's most recent suspension. His first was PED, and his second was substance abuse. (Someone should really update that wiki article into separate lists for each policy.)

Allen Barbre never played for us.

Richard Sherman's was overturned because of evidence contamination - the tester moved his sample from a leaking container into a cup that was already opened. You seem to be bigoted against all things Seahawks, so I know you won't believe anything but the worst about them, but the NFL's own arbitration panel decided in Sherman's favor. That is a rare thing. Your most recent link was also written before Sherman won his appeal.

Winston Guy & John Moffitt are no longer with the Seahawks, and didn't do much when they were here. That leaves Irvin & Browner. Irvin is a middling player right now, and Browner's replacement has played better than he has.

If any of those four guys were on PEDs, it didn't help the Seahawks get where they are now. They're replacement level or worse (on our roster).

Regarding Sherman's statement - "It does seem that way." and "It is what it is." are nuanced ways of saying "No comment. We both know the number of suspensions." He is saying very little. I'll point out again that the Seahawks would be about as good as they are now if they never had Barbre, Irvin, Moffit, Guy, or Browner.

It doesnt take a genius to figure out that there is a culture of drug use with this team. The fact that so many of their DB's were caught proves that. Just how the Steel Curtain in the 70's used steroids before anyone else or how the 90's Texas Rangers were the first in MLB. Have you not followed the steroids issue in baseball at all? That's how most players start using- they pass it around the locker room. And I'm sorry, but "It does seem that way" does not translate to "no comment"! And Im not even going to waste my time trying to explain that to you because its common sense.

Last edited by ATL-Eric; 02-06-2014 at 06:18 PM..
ATL-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:56 PM   #73
ortonhearsaboo
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

"Six Seahawks have broken the policy for what has been assumed to be for Adderall, those players include John Moffit, Allen Barbre, Winston Guy, Brandon Browner, Richard Sherman, and Bruce Irvin."


4 of those players didn't even play in the superbowl. Hell, 3 out of those 4 aren't even on the Seahawks.
ortonhearsaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:57 PM   #74
ortonhearsaboo
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
It doesnt take a genius to figure out that there is a culture of drug use with this team. The fact that so many of their DB's were caught proves that. Just how the Steel Curtain in the 70's used steroids before anyone else or how the 90's Texas Rangers were the first in MLB. Have you not followed the steroids issue in baseball at all? That's how most players start using- they pass it around the locker room. And I'm sorry, but "It does seem that way" does not translate to "no comment"! And Im not even going to waste my time trying to explain that to you because its common sense.
If there's an asterisk next to this Seattle superbowl win, do you agree that there should be an asterisk next to the Broncos superbowl wins for their salary cap violations?
ortonhearsaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:07 PM   #75
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler
 
ATL-Eric's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 709

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortonhearsaboo View Post
If there's an asterisk next to this Seattle superbowl win, do you agree that there should be an asterisk next to the Broncos superbowl wins for their salary cap violations?
I wouldnt be so hung up on this if Sherman hadn't admitted it himself that the team has a problem. Who would no better really?
ATL-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:29 PM.


Denver Broncos