The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default I hope we open in seattle

This team while not better than the seahawks. Are better than they played. We played without 2 of our top 3 players.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2014, 12:05 PM   #2
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

I'll say it again. Yes Seattle outplayed us, credit to them. But our poor play was 80% of the reason we lost. There is a reason 65% of the country picked us to win. There is a reason more than 50% of the "experts" picked us to win. It's because we are every bit as good as them when we play to our potential. On a 1-10 scale, they played their 10 game, we played our 1 game. Had we matched them and played well I believe we would have won. And I think some of these reasons back it up:

We held Lynch to 30 yards and 2.5 yards per carry rushing.

Wilson had 200 passing yards and that was including the 4th quarter when we had quit trying. In the third quarter when the score was 29-0 he was close to 100 yards passing and Seattle was around 150 total yards.

When the score was 29-0, Seattle's offense was responsible for 6 of the points.

My point is if we had played one of our better games of the year, not even our best but just one of our better ones we would have scored over 20 points and I don't believe Seattle would have. Even with us playing as horrible as we did their offense only scored 20 points (and that includes the garbage time at the end when we had given up).

They killed us. They wanted it more. No excuses. But nobody can convince me that if we had played well like they did we wouldn't have won or at least had it come down to the final 3 minutes of the game.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:17 PM   #3
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
I'll say it again. Yes Seattle outplayed us, credit to them. But our poor play was 80% of the reason we lost. There is a reason 65% of the country picked us to win. There is a reason more than 50% of the "experts" picked us to win. It's because we are every bit as good as them when we play to our potential. On a 1-10 scale, they played their 10 game, we played our 1 game. Had we matched them and played well I believe we would have won. And I think some of these reasons back it up:

We held Lynch to 30 yards and 2.5 yards per carry rushing.

Wilson had 200 passing yards and that was including the 4th quarter when we had quit trying. In the third quarter when the score was 29-0 he was close to 100 yards passing and Seattle was around 150 total yards.

When the score was 29-0, Seattle's offense was responsible for 6 of the points.

My point is if we had played one of our better games of the year, not even our best but just one of our better ones we would have scored over 20 points and I don't believe Seattle would have. Even with us playing as horrible as we did their offense only scored 20 points (and that includes the garbage time at the end when we had given up).

They killed us. They wanted it more. No excuses. But nobody can convince me that if we had played well like they did we wouldn't have won or at least had it come down to the final 3 minutes of the game.
If we had played 10 times..we would lost 10..they match very well.
our coach is laid back and failed to motivate this team.
it happened many times and our offense is able to recover in 2nd half of the games. there's a reason why we always play sloppy in first half.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:20 PM   #4
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
it happened many times and our offense is able to recover in 2nd half of the games. there's a reason why we always play sloppy in first half.
Disagree 100%. They played their best game we played our worst. Had we played one of our better games I believe we win. Their offense was only responsible for 20 points. You don't think we can score more than that if we play well?
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #5
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That's horse****. Denver is every bit as good a team as Seattle, albeit offense heavy as opposed to Seattle's defense. Denver played its worst in the biggest game. We've seen it before unfortunately. It was a team loss, including coaching.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:25 PM   #6
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

No excuses. This was a humiliating loss -- and a wake up call.

The future will hold more of the same -- unless Elway cleans house.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:34 PM   #7
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
No excuses. This was a humiliating loss -- and a wake up call.

The future will hold more of the same -- unless Elway cleans house.
Somehow I think you want some conspiracy. We just made it to the SB. There is no "cleaning house" needed.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:40 PM   #8
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

Try being a Browns fan (or Jags, Bengals keep going..)! Boo hoo, pity us, another season of at least 11 wins and right in the middle of things.

The way people are reacting (over reacting) is f-in bizarre...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:47 PM   #9
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Seattle isn't 43-8 better than us, no. But I think they proved beyond all reasonable doubt that they're better. They're a bad matchup for us. They're better at stopping/countering what we do than we are at stopping/countering what they do. They're also more balanced than we are, particularly when you factor in special teams. It sucks, but it is what it is.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #10
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Yay! Lets open up in Seattle! As if pissing down our legs in front of the world once in 7 months wasn't enough for some of you masochists.

I'd prefer we play them in the middle of the season, early game right when 8 other games are being played at the same time, and with CBS's D team doing the game.

Last edited by spdirty; 02-04-2014 at 12:50 PM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:50 PM   #11
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Denver could beat Seattle but we need to adapt. Playing strength on strength is a prideful man's way of losing. We have the passing game. Master the running game! Do that, and then the defensive line doesn't T off on our pass game, makes this offense multi-fauceted and much more unpredictable.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:51 PM   #12
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
That's horse****. Denver is every bit as good a team as Seattle, albeit offense heavy as opposed to Seattle's defense. Denver played its worst in the biggest game. We've seen it before unfortunately. It was a team loss, including coaching.
I'd agree if we matched them in coaching, and our QB was better in big games. That's not the case unfortunately.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:57 PM   #13
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

There is plenty of things that need to get done, Do not fool yourself into thinking the team we had on the field on Sunday has a chance against Seattle without playing the best possible, mistake free football they can and at that we still lose 7 out of 10.

NOW, let me add IF and that is a huge if. If Clady comes back at the level he has played in the past and is able to anchor the left side of the line making Clark available to play the right side kicking Franklin to the inside. Now we will have the O-line this team needs IF they get a mean streak and learn how to flatten the DL to open the running lanes better than they have in the past.

IF: Vickerson, Wolfe, Harris, Moore and Von Miller all come back injury free and have not lost a step in the recovery process.

Denver needs to find a defensive leader that plays a vicious, smash mouth style of middle linebacker.

We will still need plenty of help as far as DB/ nickle and dime types go. We have too much crap on the current roster at those positions just think Jammer-Huff-Bolden

I also think we need some sort of "enforcer" or tough guy on the offensive side of the ball, as far as I am concerned we have a full compliment of diva/sissies playing offense right now. I think a Steve Smith type wide out would go a long way to help correct this. Not a single player on offense has been accountable for the weakness they show day in day out.

Lastly, If the coaches do not change, their philosophies have to change without a doubt. I just do not see John Fox as a big game winner/motivator as he sits today. Corrections made on the run are not what he can do and if his style is not working he is not able to make the needed corrections to win.

If all of the above happens and we are able to improve this off season via the draft/trades/free agency I would give us a coin toss next time we play Seattle in Denver or on a neutral field. I do not see this team beating Seattle in Seattle more than 1 time out of 10.

Flame away
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:58 PM   #14
Tom H.
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Yay! Lets open up in Seattle! As if pissing down our legs in front of the world once in 7 months wasn't enough for some of you masochists.

I'd prefer we play them in the middle of the season, early game right when 8 other games are being played at the same time, and with CBS's D team doing the game.

I fear it will be one of those Thursday or Sunday night games. Too much story there.
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #15
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

san fran will open at seattle...slam dunk
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:17 PM   #16
randerson1184
Camp Arm

Only winners get wings.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duke Ihenacho

I hope we get them early in the season when we're healthy (hopefully). I'd like to go play them after they plan San Fran and maybe a couple other, physical teams that can soften them up a bit before we see them.
randerson1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #17
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Translation: "I hope we get raped by Seattle on national TV again."
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:21 PM   #18
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

If you can't beat the best, you can't be the best.

It's on the schedule. I don't care when it is. Line them up, let them play.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #19
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Somehow I think you want some conspiracy. We just made it to the SB. There is no "cleaning house" needed.
no, you're wrong, a piece of SKY just hit me in the back of the head.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #20
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
there is no doubt this team looked ill-prepared to play this game.
They showed up with the same vanilla offense and attitude that they displayed against the chargers on TNF.
its ;like the team shot ice cream and donut commercials for those 2 weeks, or pizza commercials?
Old 02-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #21
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
This team while not better than the seahawks. Are better than they played. We played without 2 of our top 3 players.
champ played.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #22
rmsanger
Ring of Famer

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
don't agree with you there orange shades.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:48 PM   #23
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Karlos Dansby

Quote:

I don't know if I've seen any NFL team dominant another NFLteam physically more than Seattle did Denver on Sunday. At least not in the salary cap era. With the exception of the safety to open the game, this wasn't a woopsie we shot ourselves in the foot type of situation. This was Seattle absolutely destroying us defensively in a way that the team may never recover from.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:05 PM   #24
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

I love the calls to clean house. Ridiculously amusing.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #25
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
I really could give a crap. Beating Seattle in the regular season means little to nothing.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote