The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 12:23 PM   #26
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Why John Fox Stunk?

Because his team lost 43-8
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #27
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Why John Fox Stunk?

Because his team lost 43-8
stench, measured as a statistic.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:34 PM   #28
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Maybe Fox got so used to Manning coaching the offense that he just forgot that he had a job too?
That the issue with a Manning team- I serisouly believe everybody just kind of expects Manning to drag the team to wins, and when we can't everybody just has this lost look on thier faces. What's particularly sad is Fox and his staff had no plan B, they had no adjustments to make. Its like they just got off the plane, put on some pads and decided they would play a scrimmage yesterday.

they lack of intensity and toughness is what pisses me off most. Go down, but go down hard... we looked like a bunch of hair pies last night.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #29
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

That challenge on the lateral was horrible.

Down 22-0, should have kicked the FG, make the game more manageable and get some momemtum. You have the best offense in the history of the league. 22-3 is not unsurmountable.

2nd half kick off wtf? Way to let them in your heads by playing some hokey kickoff coverage that you haven't played all year. Just kick it and tackle the KR or trust Prater to kick out of the endzone. If you're really that scared, then just kick it out of bounds and take the penalty at the 35.

Punt at the 39 yardline down 29-0? lol...
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #30
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Fox 1-7 in challenges. Lol you see a wtf moment from him in every game.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #31
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangenblue View Post
All true, but FOX doesn't play on the offensive line which got manhandled last night. Nothing could have remedied that last night.
I am sorry but that is BS. Max protect Manning. Two Te SETS.

dIDN'T EVEN TRY IT. That is on the coaching staff
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #32
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post

they lack of intensity and toughness is what pisses me off most. Go down, but go down hard... we looked like a bunch of hair pies last night.

Amen..........on that.

We had no balls last night ! none
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:14 PM   #33
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Amen..........on that.

We had no balls last night ! none

The Hawks knew it, and it hung over the Broncos like a putrid stench. Damn this game will piss me off for a while. This is worse than the inept Raven game last year... god damn boys, just show up and play...
Old 02-03-2014, 01:16 PM   #34
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

If he is getting killed, max protect, move the ball is possible and play field position. We used to stay in games for 58 minutes doign that with Tebow... its like that ****ty gameplan was God's Word and it was not to be vered from.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:25 PM   #35
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

43-8 stinks

Team comes out FLAT in a SB that's on Fox and his staff WTF.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #36
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:

the entire O was stale and predictable.
the trend to score less snowballed over the last 5 games.
None of those O records or points or yards meant anything in this game. the seattle team prepared to win, I don't know what our broncos did in those 2 weeks.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:25 PM   #37
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVine View Post
Instead, John Fox is SOFT, and you get a soft coach, you get a soft team.
This is so true. Same goes for Manning honestly. The dude folded like a lawn chair as soon as the defense started hitting him. You get a soft QB, you get a soft team.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:30 PM   #38
extralife
Ring of Famer

I honestly think John Fox should be fired after this, and I've never been a Fox hater. This game was an embarrassment to the NFL. Peyton can get mad all he wants, but all he has to do is ask the millions of Broncos fans whether or not it was embarrassing--I'm pretty sure I know what answer he'll get.

The team was not ready in the slightest. The game plan was as vanilla as possible on both sides of the ball. And we're getting railroaded and NO ONE on the sideline, player or coach, is mad or fired up at all. Everyone sat on the bench and bent over from the first play to the last. It was a disgrace. I will look back on this season with disgust and contempt from here on out. There is nothing positive. And anyone who thinks that this team can come back from that and actually be ready to win a super bowl next year is delusional. Frauds.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:49 PM   #39
Raindog
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Fox = Norv = Wade Phillips. Guys like playing for him because he's a nice guy and "player's coach" who won't get on their cases when they do stupid things during the game. Which is why if you were to go back snd review tape of nearly every game if the Fox era in Denver, you will see the same mental errors, flubs, fumbles, and has general problems with execution week after week.

If it wasn't for Manning executing the offense (usually) flawlessly, Denver under Fox would be a lot closer to your typical Norv/Wade team in terms of weekly futility. So yeah, the Broncos can win as they have with Fox as HC as long as you have Manning. But whenever Manning can't put the team on his back and elevate them (like last night), you are stuck with uninspired, mistake-laden mess that we've seen all too often, even during games they have won - again, thanks to Manning overcoming Fox's incompetence.

That being said, I don't see any scenario where they get rid of him. Which likely means another repeat of the last two seasons: good regular season followed by some embarrassing meltdown in the post-season, unless Manning somehow outplays the flaws of the coaching all the way through the Super Bowl.
Raindog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:44 PM   #40
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

The problem with firing Fox...is who do you get to replace him?

They've already hired most of the available and qualified applicants. who do you go get?

That being said....I would fire his weak ass in a second and worry about the rest of it later!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:47 PM   #41
spiralism
Pro Bowler

Fox MUST go

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon

The players were out partying all week is one big reason. The players like him but don't respect him, he's more concerned with being a good guy to his team than making them win. Soft coaches don't win ****. This team needs a Coughlin type drill sergeant to whip them into shape and change the culture of the team. Fox isn't going to ever succeed trying to be the players friend.
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:48 PM   #42
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Dont see him going anywhere when the FO is saying "he's perfect for us" and are starting contract extension talks.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #43
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So welker says they didnt prepare either. ****ing fox turning down the crowd noise during practices. How'd that work out. Casual fans know how loud and obnoxious seattle fans can be. Another smart move by fox.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-to-start-game
Old 02-04-2014, 08:36 AM   #44
Brohemoth
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If only there was a Patrick Roy equivalent for the Broncos.

You forgot #4. Fox turned down the crowd-simulation volume at practice.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:49 AM   #45
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
The Hawks knew it, and it hung over the Broncos like a putrid stench. Damn this game will piss me off for a while. This is worse than the inept Raven game last year... god damn boys, just show up and play...
I'm not calling you out as a fan or anything in that nature but the 49er superbowl debacle still to this day bugs the living **** out of me... I don't think ill ever get over the loses.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #46
Coldcity76
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
So welker says they didnt prepare either. ****ing fox turning down the crowd noise during practices. How'd that work out. Casual fans know how loud and obnoxious seattle fans can be. Another smart move by fox.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-to-start-game
Yeah, this is such a terminable offense in my opinion. No need to discuss how bad the noise affected the game we saw it on the first play take the offense right out of rhythm.

Fox is the reason the Broncos are a turnover machine. He is also the reason that the team has no fire. We could insert a high school coach next year and still make the playoffs with Manning and Von and company coming back. But maybe Del Rio is the guy...
Coldcity76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #47
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Obviously, we can point to the lack of preparation and poor gameplan, but as someone who totally despises Fox, I admit that Fox supporters can always rely on the argument that its the players that stunk and Fox isn't the one who snapped the ball over Peyton's head, etc, etc, etc.

However, I can point to some game decisions and his demeanor that made him stunk. 3 in the 1st half alone:

1)Fox prematurely throwing the red flag to challenge a swing pass that looked like it may have been a lateral. I was frustrated with how Seattle had lined up so quickly that the tv production didn't have time to show a replay. But DON'T throw a red flag. Instead, CALL A TIMEOUT, to stop the action, which then gives the tv production a chance to show a replay. Then they would have clearly seen it was a forward pass, and they lose a timeout because they willingly use it, instead of losing a challenge and a timeout for using a challenge. Fox doesn't have a brain the to think like this though.

2)Late in the 1st half, Manning pass over the deep middle to Julius Thomas that was OBVIOUSLY pass interference. The Seattle defender was coming across the opposite way and RAN INTO Thomas! This was about as blatant PI as I had ever seen one. What does Fox do? NOTHING. A coach with real fire would be screaming in the officials faces demanding an explanation for their incompetence. This would also fire up the players if they know they have a coach who is willing to let out some fire of his own. Instead, John Fox is SOFT, and you get a soft coach, you get a soft team.

3)Seattle was content on running the clock out at the end of the 1st half. 3rd and 5 with 30 seconds left, Denver has 2 timeouts, USE ONE OF THEM, to try to force Seattle to punt. But no, Fox takes 2 timeouts into the half while down by 22. Just absolutely stupid.
Not that I am a Fox Defender... but..

1. The red flag was a good challenge because at first glance it looked like a lateral, and Seattle was in a hurry to get the ball snapped because they felt it might be a lateral. Can't just call a timeout, the play wound't have been reviewed unless it was challenged.

2. No call was made, you can't challenge a 'no call'.. everyone including the players could see it was a bad no call. Do you really think this would fire up the players ? They should be fired up already.. its the SUPERBOWL.

3.At this point with 30 seconds left in the half you just want the bleeding to stop with the clocking ticking down. Why give Seattle time to call a play, they may to go deep after a timeout. Just get out of the half and try to re-group during halftime.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:23 AM   #48
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Obviously, we can point to the lack of preparation and poor gameplan, but as someone who totally despises Fox, I admit that Fox supporters can always rely on the argument that its the players that stunk and Fox isn't the one who snapped the ball over Peyton's head, etc, etc, etc.

However, I can point to some game decisions and his demeanor that made him stunk. 3 in the 1st half alone:

1)Fox prematurely throwing the red flag to challenge a swing pass that looked like it may have been a lateral. I was frustrated with how Seattle had lined up so quickly that the tv production didn't have time to show a replay. But DON'T throw a red flag. Instead, CALL A TIMEOUT, to stop the action, which then gives the tv production a chance to show a replay. Then they would have clearly seen it was a forward pass, and they lose a timeout because they willingly use it, instead of losing a challenge and a timeout for using a challenge. Fox doesn't have a brain the to think like this though.

2)Late in the 1st half, Manning pass over the deep middle to Julius Thomas that was OBVIOUSLY pass interference. The Seattle defender was coming across the opposite way and RAN INTO Thomas! This was about as blatant PI as I had ever seen one. What does Fox do? NOTHING. A coach with real fire would be screaming in the officials faces demanding an explanation for their incompetence. This would also fire up the players if they know they have a coach who is willing to let out some fire of his own. Instead, John Fox is SOFT, and you get a soft coach, you get a soft team.

3)Seattle was content on running the clock out at the end of the 1st half. 3rd and 5 with 30 seconds left, Denver has 2 timeouts, USE ONE OF THEM, to try to force Seattle to punt. But no, Fox takes 2 timeouts into the half while down by 22. Just absolutely stupid.
Sorry but your points just suck .

First off Halftime could not get here fast enough. Are you really telling me that you wanted us to get the ball back with 30 seconds left after the ass kicking we had just been handed ? I say that would most likely been 7 more points for Seattle.

Throwing the read flag? It had Zero outcome on the game

So how does fox jumping around like a monkey make us look any better .. If you wanna see a coach do that become a 49ers fan.

Bottom line it was bigger then us this year. We ****ed up, we screwed the pooch, we got railroaded by a fright train right up the caboose.

But if you let that ruin your season you're nuts. Best year of watching broncos football in the last 16 maybe even better.

It was Awesome and we will be back with our 1st string D and O-line next year.

Remember people we got to the Dance with half our star players on I.R.
Quoydogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:32 AM   #49
yerner
Ring of Famer

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ox-to-be-fired

jesus, that basically made the Broncos sound like front running b****es that aren't overly competitive. I'll tell you one thing, no matter what the scoreboard said the Seahawks wouldn't stop playing ever. Carroll wouldn't let them.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote