The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 07:38 PM   #1
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default Seahawks PED's

with the way they were playing, i seriously think they are using PEDs.
this is the first time during manning era a team dominated like that.

NFL should look into it.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2014, 07:39 PM   #2
extralife
Ring of Famer

they could have been on tranquilizers and they still would have kicked our asses.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:41 PM   #3
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
they could have been on tranquilizers and they still would have kicked our asses.
so you don't think they are using it.
Knowing PETE, there is a chance.

I never seen a team dominated like that in SB since OAK loss to TB.
I believe the reason OAK lost is Tampa knew what plays they were running.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:43 PM   #4
extralife
Ring of Famer

I think they use plenty of ****. I think most teams do. Though, yes, I think the Seahawks use more.

I also don't care right now.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:45 PM   #5
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post

NFL should look into it.
If they played like that because of PEDs, John Elway should look into sprinkling whatever kind they are using on Denver's meatloaf at dinner.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:45 PM   #6
DenverBound
Thanks for the memories

This one's for Pat!

There is no doubt in my mind. They looked like they were playing a high school team.
DenverBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:47 PM   #7
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

We're soft. We got flat backed against SD as well.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #8
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Every single team in the NFL and college football use PED's...hell...even HSers use that crap.

Want to know why Seattle beat Denver?

They are a better football team.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:05 PM   #9
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

one more thing..after pete took coaching job, players rarely get injured. I am not sure what magic he does.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:11 PM   #10
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Of course they are. But I assume much of the nfl does
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:13 AM   #11
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
We're soft. We got flat backed against SD as well.
I've been trying to reconcile those two games with the rest of the season. One thing this team does not do well is respond to changes in their routine. The team simply didn't show up to their Thursday night game with San Diego. At the stadium you could just see it. Players were checked out of the game on the sidelines and just couldn't summon any intensity to play that game.

The superbowl, the ultimate test of that, was clearly failed in similar fashion. In the two games against the Chargers that were played on a more normal schedule, we more or less had our way with them.

It feels like a gigantic leadership problem.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:41 AM   #12
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
I've been trying to reconcile those two games with the rest of the season. One thing this team does not do well is respond to changes in their routine. The team simply didn't show up to their Thursday night game with San Diego. At the stadium you could just see it. Players were checked out of the game on the sidelines and just couldn't summon any intensity to play that game.

The superbowl, the ultimate test of that, was clearly failed in similar fashion. In the two games against the Chargers that were played on a more normal schedule, we more or less had our way with them.

It feels like a gigantic leadership problem.
we saw this team not prepared at all. there are many mental mistakes done on both sides of the ball.we were able to overcome by scoring points during 3rd and 4th quarters.

It starts with coaching. As you said, there are no leaders in this team.
When you have leaders like champ and manning, then you have bigger issue.

This team needs leaders on the field.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:58 AM   #13
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

NFL should look into it.
it's the style of football. our finesse and timing based team and players couldn't compete with size, strength and power. our guys were lost once they got punched in the mouth. they had no answer for that.

i dislike the Seahags, but I can't call them out for PED just because they kicked our ass.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:32 AM   #14
Tom A Hawk
Ring of Famer

Quote:

NFL should look into it.
Tom A Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #15
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

saddening that our fan base can't accept that they are bigger, faster, strong, and a better football team than ours. I doubt that SEA has a higher inordinate amount of PED usage over Denvers. You may site that they have a higher count of cases but it could be their players are just dumber than ours except for Von.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:48 AM   #16
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
we saw this team not prepared at all. there are many mental mistakes done on both sides of the ball.we were able to overcome by scoring points during 3rd and 4th quarters.

It starts with coaching. As you said, there are no leaders in this team.
When you have leaders like champ and manning, then you have bigger issue.

This team needs leaders on the field.
HOLD ON THERE .....ANY TEAM IN THE NFL WOULD DIE TO HAVE LEADERS LIKE CHAMP AND PEYTON.... what they would NOT DIE FOR IS TO HAVE A COACH LIKE FOX....theres an old saying **** rolls down hill...well fox is at the top of the hill ....
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:25 AM   #17
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I know people are looking for blame, but regardless...we got beat...by a better team. Can we beat them...sure, but we didn't do it that day...so suck it up...do the right thing...and hats off to the Seahawks. They earned the victory and are the Champs. Congrats.

anything else is just being a p***Y.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:07 AM   #18
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Teams take on their HCs attitude. I hate Carroll, but his team plays with the intensity HE has. Fox is too passive. The players like him , but really , he should be fired for his lack of preparation in this game. Elway won't fire him , but may discuss his possible "retirement", and if he can get him to do so, Del Rio would be the replacement. At the least, an extension is rediculous to be considered.

Teams should respect their HC and they also should fear him a bit. Other than being sat down and made inactive , Fox doesn't scare anyone. And really Fox is an afterthought, with Manning running the O, along with Gase, and Del Rio running the D.

Our ST coach is likely to be let go.

We can hope, but my guess is nothing is going to change much. If Elway extends Fox I will be surprised and disappointed. That would be a huge mistake.
ScottXray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #19
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Teams take on their HCs attitude. I hate Carroll, but his team plays with the intensity HE has. Fox is too passive. The players like him , but really , he should be fired for his lack of preparation in this game. Elway won't fire him , but may discuss his possible "retirement", and if he can get him to do so, Del Rio would be the replacement. At the least, an extension is rediculous to be considered.

Teams should respect their HC and they also should fear him a bit. Other than being sat down and made inactive , Fox doesn't scare anyone. And really Fox is an afterthought, with Manning running the O, along with Gase, and Del Rio running the D.

Our ST coach is likely to be let go.

We can hope, but my guess is nothing is going to change much. If Elway extends Fox I will be surprised and disappointed. That would be a huge mistake.
Totally agree..Elway atleast should not extend Fox. See our players..just like our coach..we are soft.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:11 AM   #20
Powderaddict
Koolaid Homer

Sissies Ite Domum!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Totally agree..Elway atleast should not extend Fox. See our players..just like our coach..we are soft.
If you are keeping Fox this season, you pretty much have to extend him so he's not a lame duck. I'd look for an extension, but one that is easy for the team to cut ties from if they want to go another direction.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #21
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
If you are keeping Fox this season, you pretty much have to extend him so he's not a lame duck. I'd look for an extension, but one that is easy for the team to cut ties from if they want to go another direction.
Maybe... but no extension would be a sign to everyone ( on the team and Off) that performance matters when its all on the line. Fox got to 8-8 his first year, with the Miracle Tebow season ( but almost crapped the bed starting Orton for 6 games) .

Manning has dragged the team to 26-6 the last two seasons. Sorry, but I don't give Fox much credit for those. The Offense was stacked , with a HOF QB playing. Fox is just along for the ride. His best coaching asset is that he has brought in good assistants.

No contract lets everyone know that Elway knows who is responsible for the record. Why make the Coach ( or players ) feel comfortable? They just crapped the bed in the biggest game of their lives. Make them feel a little nervous about their jobs. It might motivate them.

Win the Superbowl next year...Fox gets a new deal for 4 more years. Lose or not get there, and he is gone. No reason to renew his contract now.
ScottXray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:30 AM   #22
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Maybe... but no extension would be a sign to everyone ( on the team and Off) that performance matters when its all on the line. Fox got to 8-8 his first year, with the Miracle Tebow season ( but almost crapped the bed starting Orton for 6 games) .

Manning has dragged the team to 26-6 the last two seasons. Sorry, but I don't give Fox much credit for those. The Offense was stacked , with a HOF QB playing. Fox is just along for the ride. His best coaching asset is that he has brought in good assistants.

No contract lets everyone know that Elway knows who is responsible for the record. Why make the Coach ( or players ) feel comfortable? They just crapped the bed in the biggest game of their lives. Make them feel a little nervous about their jobs. It might motivate them.

Win the Superbowl next year...Fox gets a new deal for 4 more years. Lose or not get there, and he is gone. No reason to renew his contract now.
you are on to something here.. I posted earlier about watching ELWAYS interviews and this is not far off of the feeling I got from watching what Elway had to say...and this was well before the well toilet flush sb
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote