The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 07:26 PM   #26
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

http://nfl.si.com/2014/02/03/denver-...?sct=obnetwork

Kuper will be $4.1 off the books as well.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:30 PM   #27
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm to damn depressed to talk about one of my favorite aspects as a fan to discuss.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:39 PM   #28
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBF1 View Post
LMAO this is funny, But I know you are kidding. No way Byrd makes up the 35 points we lost by.
No, but Byrd, Vickerson, Moore, Wolfe, Harris and Clady might.

That said, I think the price tag for Byrd will be too high.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:44 PM   #29
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

I don't think the Broncos will go heavily into FA. I can definitely see Decker being allowed to leave, but I think he comes back and we draft a WR in the middle rounds to be a returner as well.

MLB and S need to be addressed early in the draft. We cannot wait until round 4 or 5 and hope for a Trevathan type bargain.
Rahim coming back helps, Duke being in his 3rd season coming up will as well.
But we need a star S and a star MLB.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:53 PM   #30
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Tender Chris Harris since he is a RFA. No long-term deal after ACL tear. Champ restructures to no more than 3.5 million or he is gone. Only give Cromartie a deal if he can commit or shows serious interest in playing at the end year evals. I like him a lot, I just don't know if you can risk the big payday on him. We need a top flight prospect long-term at the position and the cost-benefit ratio in the long is better if we draft a replacement. Go for a game changing S in FA (Byrd) and draft another DB. Justin Gilmore at CB. I like Lamarcus Joyner as a versatile DB.

Jammer and Carter can say goodbye too.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:02 PM   #31
Boot7829
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It really is all about the draft. The Seahawks with absolutely suck when they have to pay Russell Wilson, Sherman Thomas, chancellor, etc.
Boot7829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:34 AM   #32
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
It doesn't work like that. You cut Bailey it's $1 million in dead money, you cut Welker there's another $5 million. So that $18 million cap number you think you have is actually $13.

Then there are our own players to sign.

We will be able to add second tier players. But you build a team through the draft my friend.

CURRENT CAP SPACE $12.3 million (about $9.5 million in dead money coming off)

apparently Welker's Cap hit would be $2 million for releasing him.

Welker when he signed on got a 4 million bonus which is pro-rated over the two years. That's his.In 2013 his contract was 2 million base, a 2 million pro-rated bonus, and a 150k other bonus with a dead money hit of 6 million.
in 2014 his contract is 3 million base, 2 million pro-rated bonus, and a 3 million roster bonus.if they cut Welker, the broncos will have a dead money hit of 2 million which is half of the 4 million pro-rated bonus that they already paid him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...gn=programming

"Chris Kuper is another player who is likely to be cut. Kuper is due $5.9 million in 2014, and only $1.8 million will count as dead money. That is a saving for the Broncos of $4.1 million.

Veteran tight ends Jacob Tamme and Joel Dreessen are both possible candidates for getting cut, or at the very least contract restructuring. If both are cut, the Broncos would save about $5.5 million between the two.

If only these four players are cut, the Broncos would have $19.5 million in extra cash, bringing their total space to somewhere around $32.3 million.

Ryan Clady will see his cap number drop in 2014. He counted $12.6 million against the cap in 2013, but this upcoming season that number will drop to $8.6 million. This is a saving of $4 million, which brings the extra space total for the Broncos to a potential $36.3 million.

"While Clady’s cap number will decrease in 2014, there are a few big-money Broncos who will see their salaries inflated in the new league year.

Wes Welker will see his cap number rise from $4.1 million to $8 million in 2014. Louis Vasquez will see an increase from $3.2 million to $7.2 million in 2014. Von Miller will see a slight increase in his cap number, from $4.9 million in 2013 to $6.6 million in 2014. The combined increase between these three players is around $9.6 million.

Subtract that figure from the $36.3 million potential cap space, and that leaves $26.7 million."

"Subtracted from the $26.7 million, that leaves around $22.5 million in potential cap space.

The Broncos may restructure or extend players that are possible cuts due to their salary. Instead of cutting guys like Bailey or Tamme, the team may instead choose to change the terms of their current contracts. The $22.5 million figure is a rough number, but it shows that the Broncos will have a little bit of money to play with in 2014."
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:37 AM   #33
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I've wanted Dansby forever... By the time we get him he will be old and run down I bet.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:38 AM   #34
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADRHATR View Post
Re-Sign DRC ? Please tell me what good he does? He is a cover corner but other than that, he runs from contact and thinks this is a flag-football league. Didn't you learn from the Super Bowl that the way to go is physical?
Is this a joke?
Action is offline   Reply With Quote