The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2014, 04:21 AM   #26
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
No, Blak. This isn't what it felt like in the 80s. Multiply this by 3 and then imagine being a national laughingstock for about 5 years.
wasn't it 3 blowouts in 4 years? that sucked a lot... and being around Giants, Redskins, and 49ers fans didn't help at all.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:04 AM   #27
Tom H.
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
wasn't it 3 blowouts in 4 years? that sucked a lot... and being around Giants, Redskins, and 49ers fans didn't help at all.
It seemed to last (the bad feeling that is) from January 25, 1987* until after they beat the Packers on January 25, 1998. This one will take some time to get over.

*I was too young to feel a sense of disappointment after the Cowboy SB loss.

Last edited by Tom H.; 02-04-2014 at 05:06 AM..
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:11 AM   #28
Mile High 81
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaK-Argentina View Post
I've only been a fan since 2002, so I didn't get to experience the back to back championships like most of you.

I've heard and read from you guys how crushing those SB losses were and how incredibly sweet it was to finally get over the hump and win those championships.

Last night was just surreal for me. I knew we could lose, but never in my worst nightmare could I have imagined it going this way. I was just so excited about finally being able to watch my Broncos play in the Super Bowl. There was a time there during the McDaniels era where I thought I might never be lucky enough to see them in the biggest of stages.

Last night I had absolutely nothing to celebrate. Not one freaking play. It all came crushing down from the very first play. I was innocent enough to believe we could mount some kind of come back in the second half. Then we kicked off and I just broke down and cried. I could not believe what was happening. I now understand what all of you felt watching those crushing losses in the 80s and somehow... what it really means to be a Broncos fan and care so much.

I could hardly fall asleep last night as different images from the game would pop up in my head and all I could do was open my eyes and try to shake them away. I was a zombie all day today. Still can't believe how bad it all went down.

So I guess I'm just venting a bit. I was angry during the first quarter... then downright sad and miserable for the rest of the game. I turned it off just before the 2 minute warning when they brought the Lombardi down to the field.

I really envy you guys that got to experience 97-98... I really want to be able to say I got to experience the Broncos winning a SB during my lifetime. And damnit if I didn't want Manning and Champ Bailey to be the ones to do that for me, and for all of us.

I refuse to believe we won't be back next year, and hopefully I'll be shedding tears of happiness this time around.

GO BRONCOS damnit, GO BRONCOS... always.
Totaly agree and same.
My first Season as a Broncofan was 2003. (The end was simliar to sunday ...)
So it was my first bowl and it was absolutley frustrating. Not to loose. I can deal with losses. I know there are no moral victorys. but hell. we had not one play we could cheer about.

this was embarrassing. and what makes my most sick, that players like manning say embarrassing is a tough word. you get blown out like this?= what else should you say than embarrassing?
Mile High 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:01 AM   #29
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

either way we look at ... it all feels the same....like doo doo ....and until we redeem ourselves that feeling aint going to change
Chrissy Rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #30
Ol#7
Not Too Shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bucky Dilts

You know what though, some might say its the two titles that make this feel less different, Ill tell you what is really different. As a conference in the 80's, the AFC did not have the talent to match up with the NFC. Thats what made it feel all the more hopeless. It was year after year of NFC dominance and blowout SB's. When we broke through in 97, it was a turning point for the entire conference. I dont think with the current FA system and cap limitations you will ever see the league so one sided again, but that was a pretty hopeless feeling. No reason we cant win it all next year!
Ol#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:50 AM   #31
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaK-Argentina View Post
I've only been a fan since 2002, so I didn't get to experience the back to back championships like most of you.

I've heard and read from you guys how crushing those SB losses were and how incredibly sweet it was to finally get over the hump and win those championships.

Last night was just surreal for me. I knew we could lose, but never in my worst nightmare could I have imagined it going this way. I was just so excited about finally being able to watch my Broncos play in the Super Bowl. There was a time there during the McDaniels era where I thought I might never be lucky enough to see them in the biggest of stages.

Last night I had absolutely nothing to celebrate. Not one freaking play. It all came crushing down from the very first play. I was innocent enough to believe we could mount some kind of come back in the second half. Then we kicked off and I just broke down and cried. I could not believe what was happening. I now understand what all of you felt watching those crushing losses in the 80s and somehow... what it really means to be a Broncos fan and care so much.

I could hardly fall asleep last night as different images from the game would pop up in my head and all I could do was open my eyes and try to shake them away. I was a zombie all day today. Still can't believe how bad it all went down.

So I guess I'm just venting a bit. I was angry during the first quarter... then downright sad and miserable for the rest of the game. I turned it off just before the 2 minute warning when they brought the Lombardi down to the field.

I really envy you guys that got to experience 97-98... I really want to be able to say I got to experience the Broncos winning a SB during my lifetime. And damnit if I didn't want Manning and Champ Bailey to be the ones to do that for me, and for all of us.

I refuse to believe we won't be back next year, and hopefully I'll be shedding tears of happiness this time around.

GO BRONCOS damnit, GO BRONCOS... always.
Welcome to the club. Chips and coffee are over there.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:30 AM   #32
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
You'd rather get smashed then compete in a game?

That's that loser mentality...and pretty much cements the fact that you've never competed in your life.

Sports is not about winning and losing, it's about competing. We couldn't even compete, and you're saying you'd rather take that.

You're an absolute loser.
I agree, its one thing to try your hardest and come up short then get humiliated on the field like we did. I think that is what crushes me most as a fan. it was a nightmare.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote