The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 05:00 PM   #76
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
When was the last time Broccoli took a meaningful snap? 2-3 years ago?

I don't think anyone is clamoring for the guy.
Some on this board are!
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:00 PM   #77
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I like the QB's that improves their play once the playoff starts.manning is opposite of that.

There is a reason why everyone calls him a choker or doesn't perform well in big games.
you would have said the same thing if he was not our QB.
Just answer the question Claire. Is Elway a choker and should have canned himself in 86 to 89?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #78
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Just answer the question Claire. Is Elway a choker and should have canned himself in 86 to 89?
I think most of us knew even back then that Dan Reeves was the real problem. That man could not prepare a team for a Super Bowl to save his life and his "playing not to lose" style was a joke. Plus the parallel is just not valid. Elway was still young with many years left to his playing career. Manning is all but done, and the story on him is pretty much written.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:08 PM   #79
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
You are right, he's also one Super Bowl loss away from tying Jim Kelly's record.
He's two Super Bowl losses away from Jim Kelly, one loss away from Elway.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:09 PM   #80
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
So they need excuse-making chump fans who refuse to hold their team accountable for utter and complete failure on the biggest possible stage? They need fans that are too stupid to realize that you can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result? Okay man, whatever you say.
So I'm gonna call out an entire team for not turning up in one game yet not give them any credit for pulverising the AFC in the other 18 and in the process setting NFL records across the board. Yeah I'll call them out, they were woeful on the day but I can see beyond one game where we had the best QB in the league, the best receivers in the league and probably one of the best offensive lines in the league. One game isn't gonna make me lose my rag and call for all and sundry to get the boot just because we got blown out in a Superbowl. Do you honestly think we'd have ever won in 98 and 99 if we'd given up on John Elway after the 9ers fiasco

For sure some players will have to go but this is still a good team and if anyone can figure out a way to get us back there and be competitive this time it's John Elway. The man has worked wonders in the front office.

I think the pain and backlash on here today isn't because we are **** but more because we played like ****. That wasn't our team that turned up yesterday.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:11 PM   #81
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
In year two of a three year project, we made it to the Superbowl. Why not see what happens in year three of that project?
The money and another wasted opportunity to improve the team overall is why he shouldn't come back. Let Champ go, Manning retires it opens up all kinds of cap possibilities. The O needs some tweaking on the line but Clady should be back and if Moreno is gone Ball will be a nice replacement. Sign another back up RB, then focus all the attention on the D. The O will still be good and Brock could probably take this team to the playoffs as is anyway. I just think for the money and Manning's record and past performance in the playoffs it'll be just another year without a ring.
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:13 PM   #82
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mojoe View Post
The money and another wasted opportunity to improve the team overall is why he shouldn't come back. Let Champ go, Manning retires it opens up all kinds of cap possibilities. The O needs some tweaking on the line but Clady should be back and if Moreno is gone Ball will be a nice replacement. Sign another back up RB, then focus all the attention on the D. The O will still be good and Brock could probably take this team to the playoffs as is anyway. I just think for the money and Manning's record and past performance in the playoffs it'll be just another year without a ring.
So what you're saying is that Osweiler = Manning.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:18 PM   #83
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Its very hard to win NFL games without a quarterback.

We have the reinging NFL MVP, Hall of fame QB.

Mile High Mojoe thinks we should scrap him to open up cap and let Osweiler start: a guy who has never played a meaningful snap and has looked terrible in the ones he has.

Mile High Mojoe thinks this is the key to Super Bowl success.

Mile High Mojoe is a retard.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:22 PM   #84
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
So what you're saying is that Osweiler = Manning.
Not at all but at this point Manning is 2-2 in postseason games and that was the reason he was signed, to win them and to win a Super Bowl. Had he won yesterday I might feel different about him but today he's still the X-Colt QB who chokes in the playoffs. I can't even bring myself to call him a Bronco, the SB win yesterday would have cemented his legacy as one but today he's still just an overpriced gun for hire short cut and a prima donna nothing more.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #85
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Its very hard to win NFL games without a quarterback.

We have the reinging NFL MVP, Hall of fame QB.

Mile High Mojoe thinks we should scrap him to open up cap and let Osweiler start: a guy who has never played a meaningful snap and has looked terrible in the ones he has.

Mile High Mojoe thinks this is the key to Super Bowl success.

Mile High Mojoe is a retard.
While I agree with him on many key points, I find his faith in Osweiler pretty hilarious. I mostly figure Osweiler will get us a high pick with which we can possibly get a real QB prospect.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:26 PM   #86
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac

Load the Wagon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
While I agree with him on many key points, I find his faith in Osweiler pretty hilarious. I mostly figure Osweiler will get us a high pick with which we can possibly get a real QB prospect.
See, I have no problem with this either but something needs to change. Bottom line Manning won't get it done. I've said it once I'll say it again, if he couldn't win with the offensive players he had around him this year he'll never win never.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:26 PM   #87
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I mean you are literally retarded. Literally.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:27 PM   #88
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I'd be embarassed.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:37 PM   #89
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Manning isn't going anywhere, he will be back next season.

Quote:
Yeah because Broccoli has taken a lot of meaningful snaps the last 2-3 years.

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:57 PM   #90
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Ask the Eagles and Washington how a guaranteed "all star" team does when you buy free agents. Do you really think Super Bowl opportunities grow on trees? We had not been there since 1999. Griese, Plummer, Cutler, Orton and Tebow all could not lead us there. We went and got a guy that has the experience of winning and being in the super bowl a few times. We just got there this season of his 2nd year at Denver. We already got it and now you want to throw it away and hope we get there again. Go back to blogging somewhere else.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:12 PM   #91
gadlaw
Fan since Red Miller Days

Operative phrase 'from my armchair' - Payton and the Broncos had a spectacularly bad game and he's signed for multiple years by the Broncos and perhaps those folks might know a little bit more about football than you do. It's a silly suggestion now. Two years ago it was a valid point of discussion but not now.
gadlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:32 PM   #92
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

I guess Manning let the Seattle D line push our line around all game. Hard to throw the ball accurately when you're getting pressure in your face and getting flushed from the pocket most of the game. He also snapped the ball over his own head. When he had time he made the throws. The lone TD for example. Bottom line, the whole team minus a few players played like ****. Seattle played like they wanted it more from start to finish. Even their fans were louder.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:50 PM   #93
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You are literally the dumbest person ever.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:57 PM   #94
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Not at all but at this point Manning is 2-2 in postseason games and that was the reason he was signed, to win them and to win a Super Bowl. Had he won yesterday I might feel different about him but today he's still the X-Colt QB who chokes in the playoffs. I can't even bring myself to call him a Bronco, the SB win yesterday would have cemented his legacy as one but today he's still just an overpriced gun for hire short cut and a prima donna nothing more.
All I needed to read from this clown. We win a SB with Manning and he just might feel different about the signing. Let me know how you plan on winning these little things called Superbowls every 2 to 4 years. Maybe blog about your super team without Manning. You realize guys like Rivers haven't been to a Superbowl? Pretty good QB too. These trophies don't grow on trees. Talent like Manning with the pieces around him gets that special trophy. Flacco doesn't get it without a defense.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:04 PM   #95
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
You realize guys like Rivers haven't been to a Superbowl? Pretty good QB too. These trophies don't grow on trees.
or Favre won 1 in 20 years.

or Brees won 1 in 13 years.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:21 PM   #96
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
Like...no. Blow it up. We suck. Always suck. Always will suck. Elway should be fired. Cut everybody.

Move the team to Dubai!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:52 PM   #97
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Day 1 of the offseason. Heck yeah!
this would have been true had we won the game as well.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:58 PM   #98
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
You are literally the dumbest person ever.
Yes he is...but what's funny is he's not alone on here in his sentiments. He's not the only one who silently rejoiced when the Broncos were handed their asses in the SB.

I know people get tired of me calling other "fans" out...but thiese kind of clowns really get my blood boiling. But like i said, some fans are better than others.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:01 PM   #99
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I guess Manning let the Seattle D line push our line around all game. Hard to throw the ball accurately when you're getting pressure in your face and getting flushed from the pocket....When he had time he made the throws. The lone TD for example.
I've not seen that much pressure on a Broncos QB in the SB since Morton wore a Too Tall Jones and Randy White overcoat for the first 3 quarters of SB XII.....
Old 02-03-2014, 08:06 PM   #100
errand
Ring of Famer

It took John Elway 4 seasons to go to a SB and 15 seasons to win a SB with the Broncos.....Peyton has taken them to one in only his 2nd season.

Amazingly, nobody with half a brain thought the Broncos should get rid of Elway...but these new fans are a different kind of stupid.