The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2014, 06:54 AM   #1
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball
Default Offseason Priorities

After blowing a mostly healty team last year, and crapping themselves in the SB this year, I feel the best window for a SB victory was these past two seasons.

That said, I do believe the window is still open for another year or two, but it will be an uphill battle.

With that said, how does the team move forward to make it as competitive as possible? How do they give themselves the best possible chance to redeem themselves?

My theories:

1. If Eric Decker wants big money, let him walk. He has his moments, but disappears in games as well. He is a decent receiver, but that money can go elsewhere.

2. Obvious statement is obvious: Cut or restructure Champ.

3. Sign DRC. If possible, extend Harris as well.

4. Let Beadles walk unless he signs a cheap contract. I like him for depth, but I don't think he's worth second contract starting Oline money.

5. Look to upgrade safety. Adams is a good depth guy, Ihenacho is a decent depth guy, but niether should be starting. I get that injuries played a part here. But the position needs attention.

6. I can't believe I'm saying this, but are there any Romonowski type players available? Crazy, borderline psychopaths that give your Defense a nasty attitude type guys? Vickerson has a bit of that in him, but this team needs some nasty. While we're at it, a receiver with some nasty would be great as well.

A lot depends on how some of these guys come back from injury. But S, CB, LG, WR, MLB, are all areas that need to be addressed. And maybe DE depending on Wolfe's situation.

I get that most of you are extremely pissed, I am too, but can we try to keep this thread a "where do we go from here" thread, and not just another "b****ing cause I'm pissed" thread? There are plenty of those available (I'm using those as well).

Last edited by Powderaddict; 02-03-2014 at 07:45 AM..
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links