The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 02:14 AM   #126
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Our defense couldn't make stops, Seattle punted once. Our D did not play well at all.
Our defense was given piss poor field position to work with, thanks to this fraud of an offense.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:06 AM   #127
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Anything to divert blame from your boy am I right?
What do you want me to say, he didn't play well.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:32 AM   #128
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I don't fully agree bro. Seattle played better tonight, because from top to bottom they are the more complete and better team. We are top heavy, and most of that top heavy talent is on offense. Look at their DB depth. Mind you they played without Browner and you wouldn't know the difference.

Tonight really really hurts. But tonight also shows the importance of a good defense and depth.

We ran out of luck and had nothing bounce our way tonight, a botched snap, plenty of missed calls, bad throws, fumbles, horrible blocking, poor tackling, no pressure, poor coverage. The list goes on. It was a TEAM loss. We need to improve the team. Peyton was covering deficiencies all year, mainly due to injuries, but still. We faced adversity all year, Seattle had their own adversity, but their team is far more complete and sound as a whole.
My goodness. This is one of the best perspectives of the outcome I have seen tonight. I love (not) all the pointed, misguided blame being passed around to the various parts of the team like the coaching staff and others. Face it, there was some reality tonight where the TEAM wasn't good enough in alot of areas.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:47 AM   #129
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
I think you'll calm down tomorrow. It was a terrible game but we got beat by a better team.
Absurd.

This loss will hurt the organization and the fans for years. This is a forever painful kind of game, and it will get worse as the shock wears off.

This is only the beginning. 'Calm down tomorrow', haha
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:49 AM   #130
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
Absurd.

This loss will hurt the organization and the fans for years. This is a forever painful kind of game, and it will get worse as the shock wears off.

This is only the beginning. 'Calm down tomorrow', haha
I really hope not...but the fact that Broncos lost in epic fashion 2 years in a row is going to be a tough pill to swallow.

Every game during the regular season next year will have the "this doesn't mean **** because we choke in the playoffs and super bowl" tagline to it.

And believe me, the pressure to win will be FAR GREATER in the playoffs next year than this year.

Hopefully John Elway has a plan for some resiliency... I'm not sure what direction they go from here but something must be done.

With that being said, I'm sure Adam Gase will be a much better OC next year with the 1st year under his belt.

Kudos to Adam Gase making it to the SB in his 1st year as OC.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:54 AM   #131
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Seattle punted once. Need to get off the field on D.
The "GREATEST OFFENSE OF ALL TIME" () started the game with the ball and managed 0 first downs in the first quarter for the FIRST TIME IN SUPER BOWL HISTORY.

Quote:
Get a new QB.. Lol I've heard it all. The guy just had the best season of any QB to ever play the game. Was good against the chargers, great against New England, and not so good today. Which is terrible timing and luck. Maybe today exposed how deficient the depth and talent really is on this team.
BMORE's script:

When the offense blows up every record, it's Manning changing the play, getting rid of the ball quick to elevate the OL, taking the receiving group far beyond their talent level, etc.

When the offense get's butt ****ed in front of 7 billion people, it's the supporting cast that let Manning down.

bend me over a rock, Colts trash. Manning has nearly finished cementing himself into an eternal punchline.

His legacy is dead in the water, as far as I'm concerned.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:55 AM   #132
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
For calling a Broncos blowout

For calling this the best offense of all time

For calling Manning the GOAT

For thinking Demaryius could carry Marshalls jock

For thinking Elway had proven himself as a GM when all he did was sign reg season wonder and postseason pile of **** P''F''M

All wrong. And sadly, many, many more.

Obviously emotions and over reactions are high in this post for me and I'm aware of the gravity and repercussions of pressing submit, but personally, the follfollowing is THE MOST SENSIBLE and lucid thing I've ever posted on this site

It's high time I reexamine my priorities. I'll always be a Broncos fan, but not like this.

To everyone on the team this day, players, coaches, front office people:

You
It's funny Rev. All week long I'd felt pretty confident about this game. Around Friday I started feeling a little less confident and then Sunday morning I kind of had that feeling.

But here is the thing. I wasn't that upset. I am a die hard Broncos fan, but I seriously wasn't that upset. Part of me, since we signed Peyton, has felt like this isn't my Broncos team anyhow. Almost like Manning is just a hired gun. Doesn't really consider himself a true Bronco, why should I?

Perhaps I've just matured over the last few years and don't allow games to affect me the same way. Maybe there just isn't anything that will replace the feeling from 1998 and I realize that.

The Seahawks were kind of like the 98 Broncos yesterday. Not as heavy underdogs, but not expected to win and have never won a championship. There are millions of Seahawks fans that just got to experience what I did in 98. Hard for me not to appreciate what they are feeling right now.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:57 AM   #133
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
With that being said, I'm sure Adam Gase will be a much better OC next year with the 1st year under his belt.

Kudos to Adam Gase making it to the SB in his 1st year as OC.
Oh please. That was probably most poorly prepared and gameplanned offense performance I have ever seen.

Cleveland is breathing a collective sigh of relief.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:59 AM   #134
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Oh please. That was probably most poorly prepared and gameplanned offense performance I have ever seen.

Cleveland is breathing a collective sigh of relief.
I guess making it to the Super Bowl isn't an accomplishment to some people.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:00 AM   #135
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
How do you remember the 2002 Raiders?
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:02 AM   #136
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Yeah you're right man, my bad.

They looked like they deserved to be there and appreciated the opportunity, so should we!
Old 02-03-2014, 05:12 AM   #137
Simply Red
NATURAL SELECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Bowlen you gutless drunk!

Would you have a soapy tit whack off session with his wife?

Simply Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:14 AM   #138
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Old 02-03-2014, 05:27 AM   #139
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlenís Legacy

Quote:

Maybe donít give up your day job.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:33 AM   #140
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD4HOF View Post
Maybe donít give up your day job.
Perhaps you could go dig up some cliches that actually fit circumstance?
Old 02-03-2014, 05:39 AM   #141
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
It's funny Rev. All week long I'd felt pretty confident about this game. Around Friday I started feeling a little less confident and then Sunday morning I kind of had that feeling.

But here is the thing. I wasn't that upset. I am a die hard Broncos fan, but I seriously wasn't that upset. Part of me, since we signed Peyton, has felt like this isn't my Broncos team anyhow. Almost like Manning is just a hired gun. Doesn't really consider himself a true Bronco, why should I?

Perhaps I've just matured over the last few years and don't allow games to affect me the same way. Maybe there just isn't anything that will replace the feeling from 1998 and I realize that.

The Seahawks were kind of like the 98 Broncos yesterday. Not as heavy underdogs, but not expected to win and have never won a championship. There are millions of Seahawks fans that just got to experience what I did in 98. Hard for me not to appreciate what they are feeling right now.
Exactly how I felt. My family was freaking out texting me, telling me how sorry they were, and I just said I'm fine. And I am. Perhaps going through all the years of losing SB's has shielded me from total devastation. I have been much more embarrassed by what Shanahan put on the field in the 2000's and the McD years.

Broncos were beat by a better team and the only thing I regret is not believing my own philosophy that you need a great defense. Seems some think the Broncos owe them something. They don't. They gave us a great year over all but I guess some missed that. I'll take what happened yesterday over being a Chief, Raider, or Chargers fan and what they've had to put up with. Keep throwing your immature tantrums, it's obvious who the youngsters are and who hasn't experienced or recognized true embarrassment.

On to next year.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:42 AM   #142
uplink
Ring of Famer

Champ said it best after the game 'we couldn't match their intensity'.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:43 AM   #143
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
Well how could they have known?

Oh wait, it was the SUPER BOWL?

AND they had the EXACT SAME ISSUE in the preseason?
Old 02-03-2014, 05:46 AM   #144
uplink
Ring of Famer

If anyone can figure out why the broncos couldn't match their intensity then you have can lay blame. I think the broncos just got out coached , way out coached
Old 02-03-2014, 05:47 AM   #145
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Meh, after watching Beadles and our safeties stumble **** from game to game this year I knew it was only a matter of time before it really cost us.

They're not alone in this mess, but I've said it before and I'll say it again, the best part off the offseason for me is going to be saying goodbye to Zane.

It's actually losses like this one that make me realize how much I love this team. As sickened as I am, I know I won't care about the loss in a few weeks/days and look forward to 2014.

Last edited by fontaine; 02-03-2014 at 05:49 AM..
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:48 AM   #146
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Meh, after watching Beadles and our safeties stumble **** from game to game this year I knew it was only a matter of time before it really cost us.

They're not alone in this mess, but I've said it before and I'll say it again, the best part off the offseason for me is going to be saying goodbye to Zane.
At least he kicked a guy.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:52 AM   #147
CEH
Ring of Famer

The whole Oline is average except for Vasquez. Manning's quick release hides the Oline . Go find another Vasquez. Hope Clady can come back 100% .

The defense needs pass rushers and someone in the middle of the field to make the other team pay the price and generate some damn turnovers.

Zero the whole playoffs.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:58 AM   #148
uplink
Ring of Famer

They have to be ready for teams to neutralize manning some during big games and have a plan to win under such situations. I think they will put a big priority on upgrading the defense
Old 02-03-2014, 06:00 AM   #149
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
One of the Seahawk fans posted last week that watching the AFCC it looked like a bunch of grandma's playing. And it did, so did the San Diego game. Very methodical, thought out games. Made me very uneasy. Not the way the Denver O played most games this year. Did Fox revert to being conservative again? The grandma's showed up yesterday totally confused. While the Broncos were thinking about their plays, Seattle was squashing them. And the Broncos D looked normal, totally confused. No matter how you look at the players performances this one lies with the coaches.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:01 AM   #150
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Bowlen and Elway and Fox and the whole team should be flogged for this. I meant what I said in the GDT. When that plane touches down, I want to see all those ****ing a-holes to run in the freezing cold, until they ****ing collapse and are shaking on the ground in hypothermia.

I don't give a ****. You make me suffer then **** their lives. I hope they all ****ing burn.

Two years in a row we had the best team in the NFL, and two years we had a car wreck to end the season. More like an airplane wreck.

All of them should get ****ed by 15 inch dick with AIDS. Every single ****ing guy. From the roster to the brass. Every ****ing one. It will be like getting a flu shot at the doctor, one could go right after the other in a ****ing line.

You ****ing embarassed me today. You ****ing killed your fans. **** you.

Yeah, real easy to talk tough hiding behind a message board because you're poor feelings are hurt.

Grow up coward.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote