The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2014, 09:39 PM   #101
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlen’s Legacy

I’m as homerific as a fan can get. Total kool aid drinker.

Today was such am embarrassment. They were not ready to play at all. I don’t mind losing but this was just too much.

However, I will say this...the Seahawks played out of their everloving minds. They were almost perfect.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:45 PM   #102
nyuk nyuk
Good kid

In the hizzouse

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PFM!

Lame thread.
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:45 PM   #103
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
For calling a Broncos blowout

For calling this the best offense of all time

For calling Manning the GOAT

For thinking Demaryius could carry Marshalls jock

For thinking Elway had proven himself as a GM when all he did was sign reg season wonder and postseason pile of **** P''F''M

All wrong. And sadly, many, many more.

Obviously emotions and over reactions are high in this post for me and I'm aware of the gravity and repercussions of pressing submit, but personally, the follfollowing is THE MOST SENSIBLE and lucid thing I've ever posted on this site

It's high time I reexamine my priorities. I'll always be a Broncos fan, but not like this.

To everyone on the team this day, players, coaches, front office people:

You
Ha at some point tonight I had all the same thoughts. Yowza, such a good team only to be thoroughly embarrassed. The hard part is realizing how much better we need to be and trying to figure out how we begin to do that.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:53 PM   #104
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

6 turnovers, a Safety, and a kick-off return TD.

These p***yies have done the exact same crap multiple times over the last 2 years. They are not, and never will be capable of winning a SB. Not unless they are playing flag football.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:56 PM   #105
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
The hard part is realizing how much better we need to be and trying to figure out how we begin to do that.
Get a new QB who can pick up a 1st down on the ground if he has too. Get some actual talent on Defense.

Pretty much, don't hold your breath.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:02 PM   #106
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Get a new QB.. Lol I've heard it all. The guy just had the best season of any QB to ever play the game. Was good against the chargers, great against New England, and not so good today. Which is terrible timing and luck. Maybe today exposed how deficient the depth and talent really is on this team.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:05 PM   #107
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Get a new QB.. Lol I've heard it all. The guy just had the best season of any QB to ever play the game. Was good against the chargers, great against New England, and not so good today. Which is terrible timing and luck. Maybe today exposed how deficient the depth and talent really is on this team.
Seattle played better tonight, but i really think it was just a ****ty game. I dont think any fatal flaw happened to be exposed. **** happens, it ****ing blows, so be it.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:08 PM   #108
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I love how reactionary everybody is "gotta have a running QB to win the Super Bowl. Pocket passers are dead, they don't win Super Bowls"

Joe Flacco won it last year.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:11 PM   #109
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
For calling a Broncos blowout

For calling this the best offense of all time

For calling Manning the GOAT

For thinking Demaryius could carry Marshalls jock

For thinking Elway had proven himself as a GM when all he did was sign reg season wonder and postseason pile of **** P''F''M

All wrong. And sadly, many, many more.

Obviously emotions and over reactions are high in this post for me and I'm aware of the gravity and repercussions of pressing submit, but personally, the follfollowing is THE MOST SENSIBLE and lucid thing I've ever posted on this site

It's high time I reexamine my priorities. I'll always be a Broncos fan, but not like this.

To everyone on the team this day, players, coaches, front office people:

You
Pretty much with you 100% on this one. Though you forgot the coaching staff. They are my primary source of ire right now.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:12 PM   #110
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Seattle played better tonight, but i really think it was just a ****ty game. I dont think any fatal flaw happened to be exposed. **** happens, it ****ing blows, so be it.
I don't fully agree bro. Seattle played better tonight, because from top to bottom they are the more complete and better team. We are top heavy, and most of that top heavy talent is on offense. Look at their DB depth. Mind you they played without Browner and you wouldn't know the difference.

Tonight really really hurts. But tonight also shows the importance of a good defense and depth.

We ran out of luck and had nothing bounce our way tonight, a botched snap, plenty of missed calls, bad throws, fumbles, horrible blocking, poor tackling, no pressure, poor coverage. The list goes on. It was a TEAM loss. We need to improve the team. Peyton was covering deficiencies all year, mainly due to injuries, but still. We faced adversity all year, Seattle had their own adversity, but their team is far more complete and sound as a whole.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:13 PM   #111
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
6 turnovers, a Safety, and a kick-off return TD.

These p***yies have done the exact same crap multiple times over the last 2 years. They are not, and never will be capable of winning a SB. Not unless they are playing flag football.
Yep. And this is why I firmly believe it all needs to be blown up. To which the sheep baa "Peeeyton Maaaanning" as loud as they can.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:14 PM   #112
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I don't fully agree bro. Seattle played better tonight, because from top to bottom they are the more complete and better team. We are top heavy, and most of that top heavy talent is on offense. Look at their DB depth. Mind you they played without Browner and you wouldn't know the difference.

Tonight really really hurts. But tonight also shows the importance of a good defense and depth.

We ran out of luck and had nothing bounce our way tonight, a botched snap, plenty of missed calls, bad throws, fumbles, horrible blocking, poor tackling, no pressure, poor coverage. The list goes on. It was a TEAM loss. We need to improve the team. Peyton was covering deficiencies all year, mainly due to injuries, but still. We faced adversity all year, Seattle had their own adversity, but their team is far more complete and sound as a whole.
Sure, but thats not reason to "blow up the team" as if that wouldnt throw us right back into football mediocrity. We lost. It ****ing blows.

Whatever. I really need to stop caring. its all so ****ing dumb.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:16 PM   #113
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Sure, but thats not reason to "blow up the team" as if that wouldnt throw us right back into football mediocrity. We lost. It ****ing blows.

Whatever. I really need to stop caring. its all so ****ing dumb.
I'm not suggesting blow up the team bro lol!

I'm saying we need to increase the talent on the roster so that even our depth are quality players.

Our fatal flaw is lack of real talent and depth.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:18 PM   #114
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I'm not suggesting blow up the team bro lol!

I'm saying we need to increase the talent on the roster so that even our depth are quality players.

Our fatal flaw is lack of real talent and depth.
Getting 5 starters back on D will help.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:23 PM   #115
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Turnover
Punt
Turnover
Turnover
Turnover
--------
Half - 19 points off turnovers
-------
Allow Special teams TD
turnover - At this point, 33 points off of turnovers
-------
Turned off TV - and really at this point you can see that everyone gave up.

Imagine we had the greatest defense in NFL history that played perfect, we would still be down 19-0 (2 points off safety, 10 points off picks from Manning, 7 points off kick returns) in the 3rd quarter. Our defense would have to score 19 points against Seattle's offense to be even, assuming we played PERFECT DEFENSE... just think about that.

In my honest opinion the Defense was the only unit that showed up this game. As an offense, before you worry about drives, and TDs, and third down conversions... the first thing, the very first thing you worry about is turnovers and penalties.

Last edited by Willynowei; 02-02-2014 at 10:31 PM..
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:25 PM   #116
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Getting 5 starters back on D will help.
Outside of Von, is there anything really special about those players?

Harris is a great #3 and a good #2, but why not improve overall depth to get rid of players like Carter, Boldin, Jammer.

Moore, while he was missed, there is nothing exciting about his game. He doesn't generate turnovers, he's just a solid free safety, nothing special. Why not push him with competition and make him a sub package player because we have a dynamite FS.

Wolfe and Vickerson play physical and are tone setters for the DLine, but the depth after them, Unrein, Fua, really..

I want physical players, not finesse players on D.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:26 PM   #117
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
Turnover
Punt
Turnover
Turnover
Turnover
--------
-------
Allow Special teams TD
turnover - At this point, 33 points of turnovers
-------
Turned off TV

Okay guys, I've got it figured out, the problem is we need to Draft defense. Lots and Lots of Defense, that will put us over the top.
We had turnover issues all year. We had turnover issues last year as well. I do not understand the lack of accountability on this matter. It's infuriating.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:27 PM   #118
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Turnover
Punt
Turnover
Turnover
Turnover
--------
-------
Allow Special teams TD
turnover - At this point, 33 points off of turnovers
-------
Turned off TV - and really at this point you can see that everyone gave up.

Okay guys, I've got it figured out, the problem is we need to Draft defense! Lots and Lots of Defense, that will put us over the top!

In my honest opinion the Defense was the only unit that showed up this game. As an offense, before you worry about drives, and TD's and third down conversions the first thing, the very first thing you worry about is turnovers and penalties.
The defense didn't show up either. Why is this the common assumption. There was little pressure on Wilson, there was poor tackling all night. Sure Seattle didn't have huge stats but they didn't need to while being up big! I can't help but think of those two TDs where their WRs broke multiple tackles. How can anyone say our D showed up..

Last edited by BMORE; 02-02-2014 at 10:30 PM..
Old 02-02-2014, 10:30 PM   #119
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
The defense didn't show up either. Why is this an accurate assumption. There was little pressure on Wilson, there was poor tackling all night. Sure Seattle didn't have huge stats but they didn't need to while being up big! I can't help but think of those two TDs where their WRs broke multiple tackles. How can anyone say our D showed up..
To be fair, the run defense was great, and there definitely was pressure but it did no good most of the time. When a team turns over the ball as much as we did it's hard to blame the defense. Don't get me wrong, the defense could be improved, but we still lose this game soundly with all the turnovers.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:31 PM   #120
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The defense didn't show up either. Why is this an accurate assumption. There was little pressure on Wilson, there was poor tackling all night. Sure Seattle didn't have huge stats but they didn't need to while being up big! I can't help but think of those two TDs where their WRs broke multiple tackles. How can anyone say our D showed up..
Seattle punted once. Need to get off the field on D.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:32 PM   #121
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
To be fair, the run defense was great, and there definitely was pressure but it did no good most of the time. When a team turns over the ball as much as we did it's hard to blame the defense. Don't get me wrong, the defense could be improved, but we still lose this game soundly with all the turnovers.
Seattle didn't have to do much, but still moved the ball efficiently and put points on the board with almost every drive. Sure Lynch didn't gash us for huge yardage totals. But they did everything they needed to offensively.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:35 PM   #122
Willynowei
Some dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
The defense didn't show up either. Why is this the common assumption. There was little pressure on Wilson, there was poor tackling all night. Sure Seattle didn't have huge stats but they didn't need to while being up big! I can't help but think of those two TDs where their WRs broke multiple tackles. How can anyone say our D showed up..
Think about the score through the early part of the 3rd quarter right.

1 pick - 3 automatic points. 1 pick - 7 automatic. 1 safety - 2 points automatic. 1 return - 7 automatic. And then there's all the field position/drives inside the 50.

That's 19 points at the start of the second half. In other words if our Defense didn't allow a single yard we would've had at minimum a 19 point hole, and remember, Seattle was held to field goals in all their early drives despite field position on our side of the 50 each drive.

I would say you have to think that late in the game people were giving up but through 3 quarters the defense played the best out of the 3 phases.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:38 PM   #123
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Think about the score through the early part of the 3rd quarter right.

1 pick - 3 automatic points. 1 pick - 7 automatic. 1 safety - 2 points automatic. 1 return - 7 automatic. And then there's all the field position/drives inside the 50.

That's 19 points at the start of the second half. In other words if our Defense didn't allow a single yard we would've had at minimum a 19 point hole, and remember, Seattle was held to field goals in all their early drives despite field position on our side of the 50 each drive.

I would say you have to think that late in the game people were giving up but through 3 quarters the defense played the best out of the 3 phases.
Our defense couldn't make stops, Seattle punted once. Our D did not play well at all.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:40 PM   #124
Willynowei
Some dude

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Our defense couldn't make stops, Seattle punted once. Our D did not play well at all.
how many times do you have to punt if it takes you 1 first down to be in field goal range?
Old 02-02-2014, 11:21 PM   #125
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Anything to divert blame from your boy am I right?