The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2014, 12:04 PM   #1
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Default Amazing stat on our offense

Just looked back at all the Broncos drives going back to the 4th quarter of the Houston game. Not counting possessions where we had to kneel down:

23 Total Possessions

19 ended with a touchdown or field goal

1 was the “fumble” by Julius Thomas against the Chargers that was either down or incomplete

1 was the interception in the back of the end zone against the Chargers off the weird bounce after Decker tripped on the punt

1 was a Prater missed field goal against the Chargers

1 punt. Against NE on our first possession after we had crossed midfield

So our last 23 possessions we have crossed midfield and punted 1 time.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2014, 12:06 PM   #2
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Prater. Cut him. Don't need him.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:11 PM   #3
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
Prater. Cut him. Don't need him.
Still boggles my mind that he kicked the record breaker this year.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:14 PM   #4
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

That is ridiculously impressive.

GO BRONCOS!
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:16 PM   #5
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

It should also be mentioned that Prater's miss was on a long kick in heavy wind. That ball hooked like crazy.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:20 PM   #6
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Also, I forgot to mention I didn't count the second half against Oakland when Osweiller was in
Old 01-31-2014, 12:22 PM   #7
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Also, I forgot to mention I didn't count the second half against Oakland when Osweiller was in
None of us want to count those.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:25 PM   #8
OldschoolFreak
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'll tell you what, if we produce another 0 or 1 punt performance, I have a hard time imagining how the Broncos lose the game. Seriously though, the 60 some yards per drive against NE was epic but shouldn't be counted on. I believe that was the highest average yardage gained per drive in any postseason game in NFL history.

Unfortunately, it seems hubristic to think we can suddenly rack the league's best D. More likely scenario is that we come back to earth a little and maybe punt on 4 of 10 possessions. I hope I'm wrong about that but that feels most likely to me. Hopefully we account for this by playing a bit faster and not relying on scoring every possession.

Also, more TDs please! Seriously, that 19 of 23 stat is awesome but our TD percentage has also taken a hit during that time. I want to see Prater kicking for 1 point only all game please.
OldschoolFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:31 PM   #9
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldschoolFreak View Post
I'll tell you what, if we produce another 0 or 1 punt performance, I have a hard time imagining how the Broncos lose the game. Seriously though, the 60 some yards per drive against NE was epic but shouldn't be counted on. I believe that was the highest average yardage gained per drive in any postseason game in NFL history.

Unfortunately, it seems hubristic to think we can suddenly rack the league's best D. More likely scenario is that we come back to earth a little and maybe punt on 4 of 10 possessions. I hope I'm wrong about that but that feels most likely to me. Hopefully we account for this by playing a bit faster and not relying on scoring every possession.

Also, more TDs please! Seriously, that 19 of 23 stat is awesome but our TD percentage has also taken a hit during that time. I want to see Prater kicking for 1 point only all game please.
Agree.

I really think it's as simple as saying if we don't turn it over or allow big special teams plays we win. Even if our offense is average but punting at the worst and putting them on their own 25 I just don't see how they get above 20 points. And that might be high. Could be more like 13-17
Old 01-31-2014, 12:35 PM   #10
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:

The law of averages alone says we likely will punt more. I still don't think Seattle's defense will have much success stopping our offense. Schematically they are just too vanilla to give Manning trouble.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:40 PM   #11
OldschoolFreak
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
The law of averages alone says we likely will punt more. I still don't think Seattle's defense will have much success stopping our offense. Schematically they are just too vanilla to give Manning trouble.
I sure hope you're right but I have to say, after rewatching the AFCCG, I'm a little worried about the athleticism of their D. So many passes in that game made it by a hair against NE DBs that just weren't up to the task of making the play. Looking at several of those tight completions, it occurred to me that individual standout performances could have capitalized. Hopefully Sherman's 6' 3" length doesn't flip the script and turn those close completions into INTs through better execution and pure athleticism.
OldschoolFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:42 PM   #12
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Here is a much much better stat about Denver's offense.

Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:59 PM   #13
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Amazed at the number of Broncos fans that still act like the Broncos aren't capable of winning the SB
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:03 PM   #14
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Amazed at the number of Broncos fans that still act like the Broncos aren't capable of winning the SB
Why would people think that? They have essentially a 50/50 chance, thereby they are inheritly "capable".

Where do you consort with such defeatists?
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:13 PM   #15
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post

That graph is just hilarious
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:15 PM   #16
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:

, i was looking for the broncos logo and couldn't find it. if it wasn't circled, i would of thought u were playing a joke.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:20 PM   #17
HooptyHoops
We need a DE

C'mon D

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:

Yes, please!!
HooptyHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:21 PM   #18
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

If it comes down to a game winning field goal for Prater I don't know if I can watch
Old 01-31-2014, 01:28 PM   #19
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
We've won two. I'm not following...
Old 01-31-2014, 01:31 PM   #20
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
If it comes down to a game winning field goal for Prater I don't know if I can watch
Why?

He's been as clutch as they come during his time in Denver.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:32 PM   #21
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Number one offense of all time versus the number one defense this season.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:33 PM   #22
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Why?

He's been as clutch as they come during his time in Denver.
Oh I think he will make it. Just won't be able to take it
Old 01-31-2014, 01:36 PM   #23
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
I sure hope you're right but I have to say, after rewatching the AFCCG, I'm a little worried about the athleticism of their D. So many passes in that game made it by a hair against NE DBs that just weren't up to the task of making the play. Looking at several of those tight completions, it occurred to me that individual standout performances could have capitalized. Hopefully Sherman's 6' 3" length doesn't flip the script and turn those close completions into INTs through better execution and pure athleticism.
Manning generally has a good feel for the windows a given defense allows. I doubt he will throw quite as many passes into coverage against the Seahawks. He will probably opt for checkdowns a lot more. The issue though for the Seahawks is that their defense is very susceptible to being manipulated and controlled by how our offense lines up. Basically they expect to simply outplay their opponents, and that generally works against other offenses. The problem is that the Seahawks simply haven't faced an offense like this--one that doesn't allow you to sub players and constantly manipulates you to find match ups. I just don't think their scheme is suited to the challenge. I think their talent will keep it from becoming a route, but I do not think they will consistently stop the Broncos.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:38 PM   #24
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Oh I think he will make it. Just won't be able to take it
Understandable.

Let's hope it doesn't come down to it then!
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:39 PM   #25
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:

ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote