The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2014, 07:29 AM   #1
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default More racial protectionism from Holder, and a message to white Americans

http://allenbwest.com/2014/01/racial...ite-americans/

"
So now the US Department of Justice under Eric Holder will use its power to enforce “civil rights protections” in school disciplinary actions. In fact, the DoJ and DoEd are putting schools on notice that they are prepared to use their authority to investigate the claims of racial disparity in the punishment of students.

And of course the American Civil Liberties union (ACLU) is thrilled with this policy. The ACLU offered research showing that black students make up 36 percent of those expelled, though they represent only 15 percent of students.”

Not to be outdone by Holder in the “stuck on stupid” category, Education Secretary Arne Duncan stated, “Positive discipline policies” can actually foster safer school environments, without a heavy reliance on suspensions and expulsions. Schools also must understand their civil rights obligations and avoid unfair disciplinary practices.

I taught high school for one year in Deerfield Beach, Fla and in the end, it was such an enjoyable experience breaking up fights daily, that I decided to return to the combat zone of Afghanistan."
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2014, 05:25 AM   #2
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Too bad they don't spend as much time worrying about what is going on at home, which usually is where the problem starts. The lack of parenting in this country is embarrassing to say the least.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:37 AM   #3
Johnykbr
Perennial Pro-bowler

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

The whole "Positive Discipline" thing already happens across the country. My wife is a teacher along with all her friends and they always talk about how kids are sent to the principals office but sent right back because they don't want to document the incident. I guess all they do is let them cool off then back to class to disrupt everyone else.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:42 AM   #4
BroncsRule
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

"Zero Tolerance" policies don't work either. My son grew up going to school in a zero tolerance district in Colorado - and I worked for that same district for a year doing an IT project that took me to each school for several days, so I have ample first and second hand experience of zero tolerance policies in action.

Zero tolerance fosters a prison like attitude in the student population. At 11 years old, kids are smart enough to understand that if they "rat" about the details of a fight they've witnessed, both (or all) participants are going to be suspended, and the police are going to get involved.

So the kids have to stop and think: "yeah, Bob's a bully and an a$$hole, but does he really deserve to have his life ruined over this? Does he deserve a felony record? If I intervene, will I get suspended or arrested as a participant? And if I snitch, then I'm a rat. For life."

So when one of the guards (sorry - teachers) come around the corner, or into the room, demanding "What's going on in here!!??"

The response is: Crickets.

And little Charlie, the victim, gets to take it. Like he always has. Only worse. Because bullies thrive in a prison atmosphere.
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:46 AM   #5
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Every situation should be judged on a case by case basis. The fundamental problem with "zero tolerance" policies is it's lowest common denominator thinking at it's finest.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:42 PM   #6
nyuk nyuk
Good kid

In the hizzouse

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PFM!

Racial protectionism and racial voting blocs and racial organizations are dandy if you aren't white. Then dat racissssssssss.
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:45 PM   #7
nyuk nyuk
Good kid

In the hizzouse

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PFM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
So now the US Department of Justice under Eric Holder will use its power to enforce “civil rights protections” in school disciplinary actions. In fact, the DoJ and DoEd are putting schools on notice that they are prepared to use their authority to investigate the claims of racial disparity in the punishment of students.
The same mindless approach is taken with crime. They look at unequal incarceration rates having the blind belief that everyone commits equal levels of crime without any evidence whatsoever, when the actual data has never said that. Consequently, this kind of crap is nothing but MOTS living in denial that many liberals and leftists do, and unfortunately an increasing number of conservatives.

What are we supposed to do if blacks commit a higher rate of murders than whites? (Which they do) Let black killers go free?
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote