The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 07:35 PM   #76
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

The fact is strong wind affects all passing. So yes strong wind probably hurts Denver a bit more than Seattle. But the short passing game should still be effective and I honestly think we will run on Seattle if we need to.

Wilson is just a so so passer and no great receivers so not sure we can pack the box if it is windy. We shut down NEs famed rushing O with a base D, so I think we do pretty well against Seattle.

Should be fun!

Oh, and guys, don't feed the troll! Signs of troll - incendiary comments, irrelevant insulting comments, never responding just flaming more. The Seattle guy is 3 for 3. Probably a KC fan tbh
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:37 PM   #77
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Lynch gets held under 50 yards as Peyton Manning fists Richard Sherman metaphorically and literally (the latter during halftime) and John Fox finally answers the question of "What does the Fox say?" with "Suck it, Pete Carroll".
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:33 PM   #78
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Regardless of the weather, I like our chances when Manning & Gase have two weeks of prep time to find the weakness of a defense. JDR has proved to me in this past month that he ain't no slouch either.

I really feel good about this one, guys.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:37 PM   #79
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Regardless of the weather, I like our chances when Manning & Gase have two weeks of prep time to find the weakness of a defense. JDR has proved to me in this past month that he ain't no slouch either.

I really feel good about this one, guys.
I do too. We are playing complete football right now, and we have Peyton ****ing Manning at quarterback. Seattle will need lots of turnovers to beat us. That's their only hope.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:04 AM   #80
Natedogg
1st Amendment Protection

You givin' me a ride home Russell??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Travis Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
I'm surprised anyone hasn't said the opposite? Aside from the cap hit, how about trading Clady?
GODDAMNIT THIS SEASON STILL HASNT TAUGHT US THE IMPORTANCE OF GOODDAMN DEPTH?
Natedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:50 AM   #81
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Does anyone think Clark may get a shot at LG when Clady returns, especially if Kuper is let go or Beadles isn't resigned? Right now it appears LG is the only position that isn't settled with Ramirez blowing away all expectations at C, Vasquez giving the Chargers the proverbial Mccringleberry triple pump to the tune of an all-pro season and Franklin being at least a good RT.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:52 AM   #82
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Lynch gets held under 50 yards as Peyton Manning fists Richard Sherman metaphorically and literally (the latter during halftime) and John Fox finally answers the question of "What does the Fox say?" with "Suck it, Pete Carroll".
The only danger the Seahawks present is Wilson and his ability to extend plays and run with the ball. If we can't get some turnovers off him I worry he will be able to make things happen. Lynch doesn't concern me, this Broncos defense is build to stop the power run game and I just don't see any way the Seahawks can cover all 5 targets in the pass game, nobody else has been able to.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:18 AM   #83
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Against this secondary he will need even more time IMO. That will be a huge key, giving Manning that extra half second he will need for guys to break open.
Know what "I" think he'll do? It might take him a few series, but he's gonna accurately identify the "mismatch" -- like he did against KC by repeatedly targeting their rookie Cooper (Cooper -- or Flowers, for that matter -- against Decker looked comically easy for Peyton). By the time the second half of the game rolls around, Manning is gonna know exactly where he's going and how to create the mismatch he wants through our offensive formation. He'll get rid of the ball in less than 3 seconds, dinking and dunking if that's what they're giving him -- but moving the chains nonetheless.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:28 AM   #84
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Strong wind won't really affect our passing game. We throw a lot of screen and crossing routes so Manning arm strength will negate a lot of the wind on short throws.
Deep down the field, yes it will be harmful. Ball will hang up against the wind, sail and drift with the wind.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:31 AM   #85
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Strong wind won't really affect our passing game. We throw a lot of screen and crossing routes so Manning arm strength will negate a lot of the wind on short throws.
Deep down the field, yes it will be harmful. Ball will hang up against the wind, sail and drift with the wind.
if we can't stretch the field vertically, Sherman et. al. will be sitting on all the short stuff.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:38 AM   #86
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
if we can't stretch the field vertically, Sherman et. al. will be sitting on all the short stuff.
They're going to sit anyways. They clutch, grab, redirect, shove, move and maul the WR's off the line. That's part of why they're so tough to play against. But our WR's are also some of the bigger and more skilled they have faced.

Peyton has been more short and medium in his throws in the post season anyways. So wind doesn't change the game plan.
We run screens, crossers, picks and underneath stuff a lot.
This is not like with Chicago or San Diego in the past where they chuck it down the field and let the WR go up and get it.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:42 AM   #87
itswutz4dinna
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
If Wilson can't stretch the field vertically, he doesn't even have any short stuff to go to. We could just put all 11 in the box to stop Lynch.
itswutz4dinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:44 AM   #88
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

that #91 Jamie Collins kid is for realzzz...
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:42 PM   #89
theknowitall
The Football God

I know it all!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I expect Clark and Franklin to dominate the edge. Vasquez, Ramirez and Beadles will manhandle the run stoppers. We have the best o-line in football and like 97 and 98 with Zim, Schlereth, Jones, Habib and Jones this line will dominate Seattles front seven!
theknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:54 PM   #90
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Okay, I know I'm a little late to this thread, but seriously, If you don't think that Michael Bennett poses a greater test for our Offensive line than the obviously worn down Chandler Jones we saw in the AFCC, I don't know what else to tell you.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:55 PM   #91
boppool
Ring of Famer

Superbowl or bust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknowitall View Post
I expect Clark and Franklin to dominate the edge. Vasquez, Ramirez and Beadles will manhandle the run stoppers. We have the best o-line in football and like 97 and 98 with Zim, Schlereth, Jones, Habib and Jones this line will dominate Seattles front seven!
Well, let's not get too carried away here. Clark, while has done a fantastic job thus far, he was vulnerable at times and this may be the best defense we may face all season. Their front seven will attack the entire game and our OL needs to play their best game.
boppool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:00 PM   #92
theknowitall
The Football God

I know it all!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Clark will dominate. He wants this more than they do.. he also knows this will help him when Clady returns next year! A big game on the biggest stage in sports will help him with a good contract and opportunity! For the Seachickens players this is just a game they're not prepared or ready for!
Old 01-22-2014, 01:02 PM   #93
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by boppool View Post
Well, let's not get too carried away here. Clark, while has done a fantastic job thus far, he was vulnerable at times and this may be the best defense we may face all season. Their front seven will attack the entire game and our OL needs to play their best game.
Clark hasn't been vulnerable. He's played at all-pro level much of the season. And honestly Seattle's pass rush is not particularly special.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:04 PM   #94
theknowitall
The Football God

I know it all!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Clark has been tutored by more than just Clady and Mags but also
ALEX FREAKING GIBBS!
Old 01-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #95
boppool
Ring of Famer

Superbowl or bust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Clark hasn't been vulnerable. He's played at all-pro level much of the season. And honestly Seattle's pass rush is not particularly special.
Did you even read my post? "while has done a fantastic job thus far, he was vulnerable at times". He was abused against Mathis which led to a couple of huge turnovers that led to Colts' win. Against the Pats, his holding only kept Manning getting sacked on a speed rush and put us a tough position until Manning and Julius bailed him out.
boppool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:36 PM   #96
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly_Eli View Post
26. Seattle Seahawks (20th)
PB: 25th, RB: 17th, PEN: 30th

Stud: With injuries depleting the ranks, it was left to Michael Bowie (+7.1) to lead the team with their highest grade. He may eventually end up at guard (as he was for their recent playoff victory over the Saints) with his run blocking particularly impressive.

Dud: The team has to hope they never, ever have to start Paul McQuistan (-24.8) at left tackle again. It went very badly and he wasn’t much better at guard.

Analysis: An interesting year. Losing Russell Okung hurt but when they did get him on the field his play was a level or three below it’s usual high standard. At center Max Unger had a down year as a variety of combinations on either side of him failed. Essentially, they did enough at times for Marshawn Lynch to make yardage, but this had the feel of an experimental group with the coaches trying to luck into the right combination.

1. Denver Broncos (4th)
PB: 2nd, RB: 7th, PEN: 7th

Stud: We didn’t expect Louis Vasquez (+33.6) to be quite this good but he was. Our All-Pro right guard, he even chipped in with good play at tackle to fully justify the outlay on him.

Dud: Left guard Zane Beadles (-5.7) is good out in space but his work in pass protection really leaves a lot to be desired.

Analysis: When Ryan Clady went down who saw this coming? Well Chris Clark filled in ably while the duo of Vasquez and Manny Ramirez delivered the goods in the run game. A real cohesive unit and while they benefit from the pocket presence of their quarterback, it’s a two-way street with both elements helping each other out.
What if's but if Von, Doom and Wolfe were here/not on IR...I'd be feeling absurdly confident about a super bowl obliteration.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:40 PM   #97
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

We're lucky as **** to have Clark and Man Ram under contract for cheap the next two years. Beadles is probably gone which means we'll bump Clark inside. Kuper's salary will be gone as well.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote