The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 04:32 PM   #101
Seattle1983
Solid Starter

cHawksBabyYa!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

It's just that I've read an aweful lot from broncos fans saying the Seahawks have no offense. Your point spread for the season was only 20 points better and you scored over 60! That's crazy... We scored over 400.

I guarantee you Seahawks fans don't share much of the same feelings about the Seahawks offense that you all do. We could've scored 70 on some teams this year... And we faced 7 top 10 defenses.

Seattle will easily score over 30.

You guys will likely score more... Proud that my team made it this far to be play such a great team.
Seattle1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:35 PM   #102
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle1983 View Post
I'm a Seahawks fan from way back. 1983 to be exact. At the age of 5 I decided silver, blue and green were my favorite color combination. My family consists of Seahawks, Chiefs and Panthers fans. My dad traveled for the air force and my five siblings all grew up in different parts of the United States before settling in Seattle in 1982. Since I was a baby I grew up watching football with my dad, brothers, uncles and cousins! Most of my family were born in western Missouri and hence the large number of KC fans. I however was born in Houston TX. I was too young to remember my time there and the oldest memories I have are during the move to Washington after my dad retired.

I'd love to discuss the game respectfully. Maybe I'll even stick around a while after the dust settles!

I've always kind of liked the Broncos truth be told. Loved the Bobby Humphreys, Michael Jacksons, Sharpe's and Atwaters of the world. I hated the Chiefs so much in the 90s I found myself rooting hard for the Broncos at least twice per year and in the playoffs. My favorite Broncos of all time remind me of my two favorite players... Elway and Davis embodied everything I wanted to be as a young man. Confident, consistent, hard working and successful.

I'd love to think that like Elway and Davis, Wilson and Lynch could finally break the cycle of coming up short and deliver us the pinnacle of professional sports. A Superbowl championship!

Standing in the way this season is Peyton Manning and thebl highest scoring offense in league history. Regardless of this games outcome I am extremely proud of this team. MY TEAM!!!! I want to win so badly, much like many of you did when you had to experience so much heart break before finally breaking through.

There will be no shame in losing this game, for either team. Watching the Broncos overcome as a child has put a lot into perspective for me and the way I look at my team. Unlike many fans of teams that have never won the big one in do not live in fear that we may never win the Lombardi. Losing to the best offense in history with the best quarterback in history would be an honor compared to never making it this far.

May the best team win!!!

Go Hawks!!!!!!
welcome to the board. Nice Post. Nice Entry to the OMANE. Just one question, how are you handling the Sherman incodent?
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #103
Bronco Yoda

Your Offense is a beastly scoring machine. You will obviously score 30 points easily (like you've done all season long). Perhaps into the 40's like only the SeaChickens can.

Our pathetic Defense (giving up an average 16.5 pts. in postseason) has no chance against your all world scoring machine. It's science!

We have no chance!
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #104
Seattle1983
Solid Starter

cHawksBabyYa!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
welcome to the board. Nice Post. Nice Entry to the OMANE. Just one question, how are you handling the Sherman incodent?
Sherman needs to shut up
Old 01-21-2014, 04:56 PM   #105
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:

I assure you I'm no troll and have never posted on this site before.
Um, the mod who called you out should know whether this is true or not.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:04 PM   #106
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Broncos defense has been on fire ever since von miller went down. They continue playing like that, I dont see seattle scoring over 30. Then again they might not need to. I can see this game being low scoring.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:07 PM   #107
Seattle1983
Solid Starter

cHawksBabyYa!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Your Offense is a beastly scoring machine. You will obviously score 30 points easily (like you've done all season long). Perhaps into the 40's like only the SeaChickens can.

Our pathetic Defense (giving up an average 16.5 pts. in postseason) has no chance against your all world scoring machine. It's science!

We have no chance!
Not quite.. 26 ppg

Against top 10 defenses we've averaged 25.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:08 PM   #108
Seattle1983
Solid Starter

cHawksBabyYa!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
Um, the mod who called you out should know whether this is true or not.
Exactly. He knows I'm not.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:13 PM   #109
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
Broncos defense has been on fire ever since von miller went down. They continue playing like that, I dont see seattle scoring over 30. Then again they might not need to. I can see this game being low scoring.
You're not paying attention!

Wilson is better than Elway and Manning combined!

Our Defense during the postseason is way overrated! Chargers offense we shut down? They're no high powered SeaChicken O. Tom Brady Puuuuleazzzzz!!!! He ain't no Russell Wison!

It's SeaChicken Science.

We have no chance!
Old 01-21-2014, 05:16 PM   #110
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Seahawks average - 26.1 per game
Broncos average - 37.9 per game

Broncos broke 50 three times (Eagles, Cowboys, Titans)
Seahawks broke 40 once (Jaguars)
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:17 PM   #111
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Dueling quotes

Quote:
Exactly. He knows I'm not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
At least you are being more honest with this thread, Armchair.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:20 PM   #112
Que
Gettin' some

Just the tip

As several posters said, I think this comes down to the Seattle run game vs the Denver run D. And I'm not talking about Lynch breaking off long beast mode runs. I think it all comes down to Lynch and more importantly Wilson being able to convert third downs with their legs - especially 3rd and long/medium. We seem to struggle with doing that with fleet footed QBs. We need to shut that option down with a spy.
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:20 PM   #113
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Sherman needs to shut up
agreed,

Fortunately for Bronco fans, thats all the media will talk about for 2 weeks is Sherman. Taking all the focus off Manning and his play in big games and cold weather.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:23 PM   #114
Bronco Yoda

Old 01-21-2014, 05:30 PM   #115
Pul2Eject
Just Drafted

Quote:
In year 2 Elway was also not the player he would eventually become. Wilson in year two is much closer to the NFL Champion Elway would become than the sophomore Elway was.
Thanks for the mammaries errr memories SEA. I remember Zorn. He started to put the Hawks on the map. Largent of course. I am gonna focus on the '84 team since you brought up Elways "sophomore" year. We had Winder and Wilhite and you had the original Curt Warner and another beast that would overshadow him in coming years ...might have been a fullback #42?? Anyway I am working solely on memory here. Seahawks won in Denver ( with the refs help of course) later in the season. David Krieg (sp) was your QB replacing Zorn. BOTH teams had league leading defenses. Both teams alternated 1 and 2 in TO ratio. Hawks tied the Broncos by game 15 at 12-3 and Elway quite sophomorically went up to the Kingdome in the final game and laid waste to the Hawks to take the division and we all lived happily ever after.
Pul2Eject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:33 PM   #116
Pul2Eject
Just Drafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
You're not paying attention!

Wilson is better than Elway and Manning combined!

Our Defense during the postseason is way overrated! Chargers offense we shut down? They're no high powered SeaChicken O. Tom Brady Puuuuleazzzzz!!!! He ain't no Russell Wison!

It's SeaChicken Science.

We have no chance!
Priceless
Old 01-21-2014, 05:34 PM   #117
Bronco Yoda

Yep, Wilson running is our biggest concern IMO. That's why I'm glad we're not facing the 49er instead of Seattle.

Reminds me of when we faced the loud mouthed Dirty Birds in SB33 instead of the Vikings.

IMO 49er's would have been the tougher match up for us. They also know what its' like to be at the 'Show'. Doubtful they would have allowed distractions like the Sherman-clown-car show.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:37 PM   #118
Seattle1983
Solid Starter

cHawksBabyYa!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Seahawks average - 26.1 per game
Broncos average - 37.9 per game

Broncos broke 50 three times (Eagles, Cowboys, Titans)
Seahawks broke 40 once (Jaguars)
Old 01-21-2014, 05:38 PM   #119
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Wilson Is the best QB in the NFL hands down
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:41 PM   #120
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Wilson Is the best QB in the NFL hands down
Yep! It's SeaChicken Science!

We have no chance.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:51 PM   #121
Pul2Eject
Just Drafted

John L Williams! That was that fullback #32. Built Like Earl Campbell....total bruiser! Kenny Easley was like an all pro safety( He in the HOF?). When these guys and Warner/Krieg were on their game, the Hawks were shreading and unfortunately some of the beatdowns were against the Broncos in the late 80s downyears.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #122
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Seattle will easily score over 30.

You guys will likely score more... Proud that my team made it this far to be play such a great team.
Whoa, I would see it the opposite. Doubt either team hits the 30's. Wouldn't be shocked to see a 27-21 score or something like that.

That's not to say that Seattle has a bad offense or anything, but if Denver contains the rushing attack (not going to stop it completely) and can contain Wilson to the pocket, I don't see a lot of points being put up by Seattle.

Phillip Rivers and Tom Brady on the other hand can beat you in the pocket, and in a shootout. Seattle has to win with their defense and rushing attack. They are not winning a shootout with the Denver Broncos.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:30 PM   #123
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
But are you looking for it?

Back to back 100 ratings.. Over 7000 yards and 50 touchdowns in his first two seasons... I'm not saying he's the player Elway was when you all won titles but he's a lot closer to that than he is sophomore Elway..

Not even sure how that's debatable..
It isn't all about stats boy. Stats never tell the whole story. You obviously don't know John Elway, never watched his games for a season, playing with 6 pro bowlers total from 1983 to 1996. He's the only player I know that single handledly took 3 teams to SB's. Elway wasn't just stats, he was/is much more.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:01 PM   #124
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

Quote:
In year 2 Elway was also not the player he would eventually become. Wilson in year two is much closer to the NFL Champion Elway would become than the sophomore Elway was.
Clever to claim no trolling so he can troll. This comment is the epitome of a troll comment. Said to get emotional reaction. A piece of truth and an implication this means Wilson is better than Elway. Then misdirection, don't respond to real points just go off to his next one. Is a pretty classic piece of troll. Don't feed!
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:05 PM   #125
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que View Post
As several posters said, I think this comes down to the Seattle run game vs the Denver run D. And I'm not talking about Lynch breaking off long beast mode runs. I think it all comes down to Lynch and more importantly Wilson being able to convert third downs with their legs - especially 3rd and long/medium. We seem to struggle with doing that with fleet footed QBs. We need to shut that option down with a spy.
This. I will say it differently. I don't care if Lynch gets a few 20 yard runs (well I do but not as much!) but we need to consistently put them at 2nd and 8, 3rd and 7. And then we need to contain Wilson running for first downs on 3rd and 7s when his bad receivers are all covered.
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote