The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 03:52 AM   #101
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,653
Default

I don't think it's hatred. It's more disdain. The "patriot way" of doing things, love for Bill Belichek/chik/chech. The smug attitudes of former patriots (looking right at you, NFLN) and FO personnel. The outright cheating (and comparing it to salary deferments the Broncos did in the 1990s).

NE found a way to be successful, and they are. Just at the cost of their souls. But that is not the only way to go about things. Their fans are bags of aholes, too. It's like they do not realize that it is rare to get a franchise QB, to enjoy it while the guy plays and be grateful you have him. The post Brady fall out in NE is going to be epic.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:11 AM   #102
backup qb
Ring of Famer
 
backup qb's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Shelbyville,Il
Posts: 1,295
Default

McDickhead and Belicheats hoody piss me off more than anything. I guess I'd better throw Brady's Rivers like tantrums into the fold as well.
backup qb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:42 AM   #103
Mile High 81
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bad Salzuflen, Germany
Posts: 176
Default

Billicheat
MCDaniels
Brady
Boston Sports Fans

Thats it.
Mile High 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:43 AM   #104
davdog
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 158
Default

I disagree, I think the Belichick leaving fall-out will be much bigger then the Brady leaving fall-out will be. Brady is a great QB, one of the best, but Belichick is an awesome coach. Let's not forget the pats went 11-5 the year that Brady went down. I think the immediate impact of Payton leaving the Broncos will be huge, and I doubt many of you will question that.
That guy runs every aspect of the show offensively for the broncos, just a phenomenal field general, incomparable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
I don't think it's hatred. It's more disdain. The "patriot way" of doing things, love for Bill Belichek/chik/chech. The smug attitudes of former patriots (looking right at you, NFLN) and FO personnel. The outright cheating (and comparing it to salary deferments the Broncos did in the 1990s).

NE found a way to be successful, and they are. Just at the cost of their souls. But that is not the only way to go about things. Their fans are bags of aholes, too. It's like they do not realize that it is rare to get a franchise QB, to enjoy it while the guy plays and be grateful you have him. The post Brady fall out in NE is going to be epic.

davdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:47 AM   #105
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
Doesn't everyone?
Yes.

Unrepentant cheating is a detriment to the integrity of the sport we all love. So yes, everyone hates the Patriots. And the so-called "Patriot way".
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:38 AM   #106
colorado jones
Pro Bowler
 
colorado jones's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 620

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I too hate them for all these reasons.

But I also hate them for how people from Mass absolutely butcher the English language.

It's verbal diarrhea.
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:27 AM   #107
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,877

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdog View Post
I disagree, I think the Belichick leaving fall-out will be much bigger then the Brady leaving fall-out will be. Brady is a great QB, one of the best, but Belichick is an awesome coach.
I'm the opposite ... I actually think BB is the luckiest man in sports.

The nutshell version why: The week Bledsoe went down, you guys were a bad 0-2 team. Scored just 20 total points in those first two games. Brady starts Week 3, and puts up 44 (on Peyton's Colts), and Pats go 14-3 the rest of the way. BE HONEST: What are the odds that bad 0-2 team would have made the postseason had Drew stayed upright? Even had a winning record? I think think the odds would've been slim.

Belichicks fortunes as a head coach changed SUDDENLY, RADICALLY and PERMANENTLY the minute Tom took over. Had Bledsoe not been injured, BB was well on his way to his SIXTH losing season in SEVEN as a head coach. Now - I think BB has LEARNED much on how to be a good, even very good coach. But Brady saved his career imo.

Here's the kicker: In the offseason before 2001, BB had coached young Tom for a full year. Did he recognize what he had? Uuh, no. He re-signed Bledsoe to a monster 5-year deal, making his the highest paid Patriot ever. Uuuh, oops?



Quote:
Originally Posted by davdoggie
Let's not forget the pats went 11-5 the year that Brady went down.
True, I think the one real chink in my argument.

BUT! That year was ALSO the only year in the past eleven you missed the playoffs. THINK about it.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:34 AM   #108
bboy2749
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 9

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Im going to say the hate stems from the poor sportsmanship and sore loser attitude that is the norm for Bill and company. Its an aura of arrogance that resonates from both Brady and Bill. This mentality trickles down to the fans like Reagan claimed his economic plans were supposed to. I actually used to respect the Patriots back when they had guys like Andre Tippet, Steve Grogan, Irving Fryar and a RB by the name of John Stephens. Funny thing is I bet most so called Pats fans dont even remember these players from their own teams history. I could go on but you get the idea.
bboy2749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:43 AM   #109
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

It's the fans. According to them, they haven't lost to a better team in the BB/TB era. There is always an excuse, and it is always something other than getting beaten by a better team. There isn't an ounce of objectivity in the bunch.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:47 AM   #110
bboy2749
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 9

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
It's the fans. According to them, they haven't lost to a better team in the BB/TB era. There is always an excuse, and it is always something other than getting beaten by a better team. There isn't an ounce of objectivity in the bunch.
As bad as the fans are there is nothing like watching Bill sulk through a 3 second press conference after a loss. Seriously the guy acts like a 12 year old that just wants "to be left alone". No class maybe is what it comes down to. You have to give respect to get respect.
bboy2749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:02 AM   #111
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdog View Post
Hey sweetie, I was on this board when you were still rooting for the raiders.
Nice use of the word hoodie. Did you thunk that one up yourself DB?
okay so here's the thing. I did overreact to that specific post, partly because it was passive aggressive and partly because your previous posts were patronizing. Also I was tweaked by many fellow fans reacting like it was a guaranteed loss.

I still think you are trolling, but I've read some of your other posts that are more or less rational, if slightly condescending. Now this post is entirely douchey, but I also get that you were reacting. So Meh.

I hope your guys come out and play well so when Peyton and the Denver Broncos school them it will make the victory even sweeter. Peyton's name is spelled "P-E-Y-T-O-N" in case there was some confusion. you seem confused in another post, so I thought I'd help.

As for your time on this board?? Well that tells me for a Pats fan you've spent too much time on a Denver sportsboard. I don't know why there is a sense of pride in that for you. As for the Raiders thing, way to get creative. I guess I could start talking about how much you love Mark Sanchez and the Jets and wish Geno Smith would leave because Sanchez is cuter, but meh. Raiders I do actually hate which is why your comment made me chuckle because it's absurd.

Here's my actual take on the Pats if you care:
1. Pats fans in general act like self entitled asshats, but there are exceptions and I have many a Pats fan friend I do like and can talk to.
2. Josh McDaniels is a douchebag and for that reason I hate the team.
3. The Cheating thing taints them, but I do think Belichick is a good coach and Brady is amazing and I think they complement each other to the point where I am not sure either would do as well without each other. Yes Matt Cassel stepped in while Brady was out, but he couldn't finish it so the system alone is not enough.
4. Two of your team went to my school so I hold at least some level of appreciation for them: Bruschi I actually graduated with and Gronk who I keep trying to figure out how he graduated when he has no ability to speak English with more than 1 syllable words.

Now may you have a wonderful Bronco day!
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:38 AM   #112
davdog
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 158
Default

You used to respect them because your broncos beat the snot out of them everytime they played them. No one likes a winner unless it's your team. We felt the same way about the 90s Broncos and Elway. Before that it was machine gun Kelly and the Bills we hated. Funny thing is I never remember hating a loser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboy2749 View Post
Im going to say the hate stems from the poor sportsmanship and sore loser attitude that is the norm for Bill and company. Its an aura of arrogance that resonates from both Brady and Bill. This mentality trickles down to the fans like Reagan claimed his economic plans were supposed to. I actually used to respect the Patriots back when they had guys like Andre Tippet, Steve Grogan, Irving Fryar and a RB by the name of John Stephens. Funny thing is I bet most so called Pats fans dont even remember these players from their own teams history. I could go on but you get the idea.
davdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:45 AM   #113
davdog
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 158
Default

Have a long string of winning seasons and see how many extra dbaggy broncos fans you pick up. I'm sure it's the case for most teams. We'll shake them off during the lean years like we did with the sox.
I was probably thinking of the old payaton joke.
I know the raiders are an enemy team which is why I used them.
Cheating does taint, no way around it.
Belichick had an 11-5 season with Cassell who we have to add went on to suck at KC.
Starting a season with a new QB and losing your all everything starting QB in game 1 are vastly different situations to deal with.

I hope for a good nerve wracking game today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
okay so here's the thing. I did overreact to that specific post, partly because it was passive aggressive and partly because your previous posts were patronizing. Also I was tweaked by many fellow fans reacting like it was a guaranteed loss.

I still think you are trolling, but I've read some of your other posts that are more or less rational, if slightly condescending. Now this post is entirely douchey, but I also get that you were reacting. So Meh.

I hope your guys come out and play well so when Peyton and the Denver Broncos school them it will make the victory even sweeter. Peyton's name is spelled "P-E-Y-T-O-N" in case there was some confusion. you seem confused in another post, so I thought I'd help.

As for your time on this board?? Well that tells me for a Pats fan you've spent too much time on a Denver sportsboard. I don't know why there is a sense of pride in that for you. As for the Raiders thing, way to get creative. I guess I could start talking about how much you love Mark Sanchez and the Jets and wish Geno Smith would leave because Sanchez is cuter, but meh. Raiders I do actually hate which is why your comment made me chuckle because it's absurd.

Here's my actual take on the Pats if you care:
1. Pats fans in general act like self entitled asshats, but there are exceptions and I have many a Pats fan friend I do like and can talk to.
2. Josh McDaniels is a douchebag and for that reason I hate the team.
3. The Cheating thing taints them, but I do think Belichick is a good coach and Brady is amazing and I think they complement each other to the point where I am not sure either would do as well without each other. Yes Matt Cassel stepped in while Brady was out, but he couldn't finish it so the system alone is not enough.
4. Two of your team went to my school so I hold at least some level of appreciation for them: Bruschi I actually graduated with and Gronk who I keep trying to figure out how he graduated when he has no ability to speak English with more than 1 syllable words.

Now may you have a wonderful Bronco day!
davdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:00 AM   #114
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdog View Post
Have a long string of winning seasons and see how many extra dbaggy broncos fans you pick up. I'm sure it's the case for most teams. We'll shake them off during the lean years like we did with the sox.
I was probably thinking of the old payaton joke.
I know the raiders are an enemy team which is why I used them.
Cheating does taint, no way around it.
Belichick had an 11-5 season with Cassell who we have to add went on to suck at KC.
Starting a season with a new QB and losing your all everything starting QB in game 1 are vastly different situations to deal with.

I hope for a good nerve wracking game today.
Okay and peace is had in our time. So curiosity, what did you think of the NY sports stores putting out the Championship shirts with Pats on it. I am assuming they are trying to jinx you guys because I can't see an actual Pats fan putting that stuff out ahead of the game.

And yeah during the Tebow years we picked up plenty of bandwaggoner / crazy wackjobs who have since disappeared. For the record, I was in before that. As for the Cassel thing, I wonder how much of that was Belichick's evil genius and just how genuinely dumb and desperate the Chiefs were. They had okay luck with Huard but they didn't pay nearly as much for him and he was bought as a back up. You guys really do know how to sell people which is probably why we are so fired up about McDaniels who I keep thinking is likely to replace Bill when he retires. And I do hate McDaniels as much if not more than the Raiders.

anyway, may the best team being the Broncos win.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #115
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdog View Post
Hey sweetie, I was on this board when you were still rooting for the raiders.
Nice use of the word hoodie. Did you thunk that one up yourself DB?

Explain what DB is. I have an idea, but I'd like to know why you decided to be misogynistic in a response to a rival fan.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:23 AM   #116
davdog
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 158
Default

I was responding to the following quote, I went with missy due to the name of the user posting. Begin quote

"Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
This post, this poster, this is why I hate the Patriots. Troll fan doucebags who come to the site sporadically to open their ****rag mouths and spew trash. Dude, go embrace the Patsy stereotype by getting drunk, murdering people ineptly and then sink back into obscurity because nobody gives a **** anymore.

The Pats deserve NOTHING. You and they are NOT ENTITLED. Even Bill Bellihoodie knows that. He lies, schemes and coaches to get what he wants, he doesn't assume he will get it out of some idiotic sense of entitlement. If the Pats want this win, by all means BRING IT ON! Then WHEN THE PATRIOTS LOSE, to quote the only Pats fan I do like, Paul Fitzy Fitzgerald, GFY! (in case you are too stupid to get that, it doesn't mean good for you, it means GO **** YOURSELF)."


Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
Explain what DB is. I have an idea, but I'd like to know why you decided to be misogynistic in a response to a rival fan.


davdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:25 AM   #117
bboy2749
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 9

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdog View Post
You used to respect them because your broncos beat the snot out of them everytime they played them. No one likes a winner unless it's your team. We felt the same way about the 90s Broncos and Elway. Before that it was machine gun Kelly and the Bills we hated. Funny thing is I never remember hating a loser.
Have to disagree. I hate them more when they lose to be honest. The way BB acts after a loss is just terrible. Not much class IMO. Be a gracious winner and a respectable loser. Id rather see a guy rant with passion like Denny Green after a loss. Why do we hate the Pats? They are who we thought they were.
bboy2749 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #118
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
Explain what DB is. I have an idea, but I'd like to know why you decided to be misogynistic in a response to a rival fan.


I think DB is douchebag. but I could be wrong. and I don't think he was being misogynistic so much as patronizing or condescending. He was reacting to my anger. I have no bad feelings towards him. Plus I reread his post, I misinterpreted his original post to indicate that the Patriots were entitled to be the favorites in this match up which is part of what triggered my irritation that he was acting entitled. It actually wasn't what he said, but **** happens and I still stand by the assertion about the tenor of his posts in this thread which are a bit passive aggressive and condescending. He's not as bad as the crap Bob keeps spamming the board with either as his regular KC troll or his created Pats troll personas. In fact I will go one further, I hope he sticks around because he actually does contribute some football talk in the midst of the baiting. He's sort of like the few Charger fans I like that come on here.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:48 AM   #119
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,307
Default

I really, really don't like the Ma-holeS.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:52 AM   #120
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,195

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default


Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:01 PM   #121
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,195

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...l#.UtxmLLRlB2E

The whining in this is unbelievable. Also they were sure the pick was coming from the "choker" and it never came.

Hilarious reading.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #122
StugotsIII
O-H
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,535

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom
Default

It's simple:

Their head coach and their quarterback.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:35 PM   #123
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,195

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default


Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Denver Broncos