The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #101
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Facts? You don't provide any link! Dude got busted. Why would the video guy chance his job if he didn't know his tapes would be rejected? Why didn't McD turn his ass in immediately? Video guy is a peon to the head coach and after being in a NE scandal, you would think he either would A) not do it again or B) do it again with the HC a OK.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5855075

The NFL investigation determined Steve Scarnecchia took a six-minute video of the walkthrough and presented it that day to McDaniels. The coach declined to view it.

There you go. Why didn't McDaniels turn him in? Immaturity and the fact that they were friends.

Video guy was probably a dumbass, and maybe the fact that the game was in UK made it that much easier to record. I don't know, there are too many variables involved and unless you're directly in the situation, you'll never have enough facts.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #102
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

It would be funny to see him go to Cleveland and prove once and for all to anyone who ever believed in him that he sucks.

WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #103
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91BRONCO View Post
He's still better than Orton.
Well obviously considering he also got 2 first round picks on top of Orton.

Quote:
The point is this, he left the organization in a far worse spot than when he got here. On top of that he got caught for cheating. On top of that, he wasted a 1st round pick on Tebow. The list goes on and on and on.....
Far worse? I wouldn't say so. We had a better foundation than when Shanahan left, with a better coaching staff.

Record may not show it, but winning a playoff game the year after and 3 straight division titles might. Yeah - Manning. I wonder what John Elway's key selling points were?

Probably DT and Decker along with McCoy working with him. I wonder who brought all three of those guys in Denver...
Old 12-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #104
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
It would be funny to see him go to Cleveland and prove once and for all to anyone who ever believed in him that he sucks.

I would think this season would prove something, but I guess facts mean nothing to Broncos fans.

And the historic comeback of 24-0 at halftime AGAINST THE BRONCOS. But I guess Broncos fans just ignored the fact that he was coaching the offense.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #105
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Well obviously considering he also got 2 first round picks on top of Orton.

Far worse? I wouldn't say so. We had a better foundation than when Shanahan left, with a better coaching staff.

Record may not show it, but winning a playoff game the year after and 3 straight division titles might. Yeah - Manning. I wonder what John Elway's key selling points were?

Probably DT and Decker along with McCoy working with him. I wonder who brought all three of those guys in Denver...
Keep on believing man- the rest of us know the truth.
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #106
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
I would think this season would prove something, but I guess facts mean nothing to Broncos fans.

And the historic comeback of 24-0 at halftime AGAINST THE BRONCOS. But I guess Broncos fans just ignored the fact that he was coaching the offense.
Yeah, thanks to a bunch of short fields off Broncos mistakes and complete chaos in the secondary once DRC went down.

They had like one decent drive the whole game, and their biggest pass play came off a pick that would make Charles Oakley cringe.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #107
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

McDaniels can also be credited with bringing Elway back in the fold. He's invited John Elway out to training camp a number of times. Also during training camp, McDaniels made the players go over to the ropes and sign autographs, mingle with the fans that were baking under the sun. His drafting got significantly better as he had more time to prepare than his first draft.

That being said, McD micromanaged everything, that was his downfall in Denver but its Bowlen's fault mostly for not having a real actual General Manager to support McDaniels, hence the bad trades. Bowlen promised this to the fans when he canned Shanny, the HC would no longer run everything.

Last edited by 24champ; 12-30-2013 at 11:08 AM..
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #108
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
McDaniels can also be credited with bringing Elway back in the fold. He's invited John Elway out to training camp a number of times. Also during training camp, McDaniels made the players go over to the ropes and sign autographs, mingle with the fans that were baking under the sun. His drafting got significantly better as he had more time to prepare than his first draft.

That being said, McD micromanaged everything, that was his downfall in Denver but its Bowlen's mostly fault for not having a real actual General Manager to support McDaniels, hence the bad trades. Bowlen promised this to the fans when he canned Shanny, the HC would no longer run everything.
Very good point. A 32-year-old should NEVER be given HC and GM responsibilities for an NFL franchise, and it wasn't McDaniels fault for accepting. (hell, who of us WOULDN'T have jumped at the chance?)

Seems quite silly on Bowlen's part, in hindsight.

Last edited by BowlenBall; 12-30-2013 at 11:10 AM..
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #109
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #110
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Without McDaniels there is no Von Miller or Peyton Manning.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #111
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Without McDaniels there is no Von Miller or Peyton Manning.
Blessing in disguise?
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote