The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #76
Action
Ring of Famer
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 2,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
no. had does not equal chose. Josh chose to start Cpt. Neckbeard. Whether it was out of hubris or really thinking Orton was a franchise QB, he chose to start Orton. certainly didn't have to.
True. I used the wrong wording there...he coached Kyle Orton.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:53 AM   #77
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,589

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Josh McDaniels led the team to its most embarrassing season in team history due in large oart to an absolutely pitiful record, a (IIRC) record-setting home loss to the freaking Raiders, and a loss to the 9ers in the UK even though the Broncos were caught using NE's cheating tactics.

But yeah, why would any Denver fan in here laugh at the idea of the guy having another chance to raze another franchise?
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #78
Action
Ring of Famer
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 2,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
Josh McDaniels led the team to its most embarrassing season in team history due in large oart to an absolutely pitiful record, a (IIRC) record-setting home loss to the freaking Raiders, and a loss to the 9ers in the UK even though the Broncos were caught using NE's cheating tactics.

But yeah, why would any Denver fan in here laugh at the fact that the guy has another chance to raze another franchise?
Because history has shown that people **** up before they get better? Or is that not part of orangemane logic?

They didn't use NE's cheating tactics in the UK, McDaniels told him to rid of it and even gave a speech to the team about it. Get the facts straight. Or is that not orangemane logic?

McDaniels lost the team, got his ego too big about how to run a defense...and who to run it...

He was 33 when he took over the Broncos... not some old ass dude that has no potential.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #79
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,274

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
So you're going to only put up his statistics from Denver and not New England.

Genius.
So you telling me he is going to get right to Cleveland with the same impact as he came in at New England?

Genius.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #80
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,589

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Because...
Because I'm not reading past this because this thread was pretty good up until Ben McDaniels logged into his Action alias and started flinging pissed off midget Napoleon-flavored patriot tainted Irish poo all over the place.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #81
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
So you telling me he is going to get right to Cleveland with the same impact as he came in at New England?

Genius.
I guess anything is possible. *



*does not include the city of Cleveland and Buffalo
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #82
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,274

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Only here in a Omane is McDaniels completely written off as a future HC. In NFL circles, he is BY FAR one of the biggest names out there for a HC job.
I think he will someday be a good HC but he is too immature to probably figure out he screwed up in Denver. He could be his own worst enemy. He could be Shanny II without the rings. It is up to him if he wants to curb his personality and be a damn good head coach and let the experts do their job. Unfortunately for him, Lombardi isn't very good at his job except getting that pick for Richardson.

Good ole Action. Knew he wouldn't disappoint in this thread.

We are bagging on him because he made football life miserable for so many in 2 years time. I can't stand him and I gave him a huge chance and attacked those when he was doing well his first season...then I saw the light.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #83
Action
Ring of Famer
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 2,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

So who knew the Patriots finished tied in 2nd for points in the league and 7th in yards?

That's with a WR corp full of rookies and PS players.

Not to mention he led an offense from a 24-0 halftime deficit...one of the most embarrassing and epic meltdowns in Denver's history. That was some sort of record.

Did ya'll forget about that? BB trusts McDaniels with everything on that offense...when the offense gets the ball BB goes to the defense and coaches while the offense is on the field. I wonder who's in charge then?

And to think that he isn't ready for another HC stint is just ignorance. His maturity was shown when he could have easily gotten a HC job last year after Patriots record season, but he turned it down for another season in NE.

McDaniels left the Broncos with some key pieces to our success today (like our current offensive coordinator and Mike McCoy?) and some key pieces that led Manning to come here. Let's not act like he doesn't belong in the league.

His time in Denver is long gone...this whole running around like little boys talking about "hehehehe when is he gonna trade for another midget corner hehehehhe" is hilarious it its own right, and downright moronic in another.

These are the same people that look stupid time and time again.

Probably the same people who voted for Tim Tebow to start over Peyton Manning.

Last edited by Action; 12-30-2013 at 11:13 AM..
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #84
Action
Ring of Famer
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 2,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
So you telling me he is going to get right to Cleveland with the same impact as he came in at New England?

Genius.
Because I implied or said that anywhere?

Last time I checked, when you look at a guys resume you look at everything.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #85
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 348

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Because he traded Jay Cutler FOR Kyle Orton....
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #86
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,274

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Because history has shown that people **** up before they get better? Or is that not part of orangemane logic?

They didn't use NE's cheating tactics in the UK, McDaniels told him to rid of it and even gave a speech to the team about it. Get the facts straight. Or is that not orangemane logic?

McDaniels lost the team, got his ego too big about how to run a defense...and who to run it...

He was 33 when he took over the Broncos... not some old ass dude that has no potential.
So rich. So he had nothing to do with filming the walk through or practice and it was all on the video guy (who he brought over from NE that had the cheating experience). Why would he need to say anything to the team about filming and cheating? That isn't on the players but the staff. I would love to see this link too. If he did say something to the team, it was to cover up what he was about to do with filming.

Also, kudos for you to at least admit some of his faults. Your brother screwed up a lot, Ben.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #87
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 348

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Possibly because McDaniels traded Brandon Marshall for 3 magic beans?

Dude, you're making no sense at all at this point -- are you actually Ben McDaniels?
Even more

Don't forget Scheffler or Hillis.
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #88
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep
 
BroncosfanGuy's Avatar
 
Big Fan

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,589

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

my last post was tongue-in-cheek, but seriously what's the point of trying to get a bunch of Denver fans to accept the idea that a guy who brought the Bronco franchise to its knees is going to succeed.

Maybe McDaniels will get something going and the chips fall a certain way and they squeak out a 5-11 or 6-10 year under him at some point. Maybe he wins Coach of the YEar for those 5 or 6 wins. I'm not sure how many Broncos will want to hear how far he came to reach that 5 or 6 win season.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #89
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 348

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
So rich. So he had nothing to do with filming the walk through or practice and it was all on the video guy (who he brought over from NE that had the cheating experience). Why would he need to say anything to the team about filming and cheating? That isn't on the players but the staff. I would love to see this link too. If he did say something to the team, it was to cover up what he was about to do with filming.

Also, kudos for you to at least admit some of his faults. Your brother screwed up a lot, Ben.
Don't forget that he wasn't the one to notify the league either- someone else had to. Also, the camera guy was his roommate in college.
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #90
Action
Ring of Famer
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 2,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
So rich. So he had nothing to do with filming the walk through or practice and it was all on the video guy (who he brought over from NE that had the cheating experience). Why would he need to say anything to the team about filming and cheating? That isn't on the players but the staff. I would love to see this link too. If he did say something to the team, it was to cover up what he was about to do with filming.
We will never know. That's all I really have to say about it. What we do know is the players in NE were coached through it, and the players in Denver were not.

Let me ask you, how many people on the Denver staff came out and said anything about cheating and filming practices after McDaniels was fired? You would think SOMEONE would talk to media.

Or are you implying McDaniels was running his side operation of recording. That would completely explain him rejecting the tape.

Orangemane - where facts mean nothing.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #91
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,274

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Posted at 5:35PM (PST) on Dec. 29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Tell the long snapper his job might be in jeopardy.
Posted at 6:40PM (PST) on Dec. 29th
Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
First line of business will be cutting the current long snapper.
Too slow, too slow.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #92
Action
Ring of Famer
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 2,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
my last post was tongue-in-cheek, but seriously what's the point of trying to get a bunch of Denver fans to accept the idea that a guy who brought the Bronco franchise to its knees is going to succeed.

Maybe McDaniels will get something going and the chips fall a certain way and they squeak out a 5-11 or 6-10 year under him at some point. Maybe he wins Coach of the YEar for those 5 or 6 wins. I'm not sure how many Broncos will want to hear how far he came to reach that 5 or 6 win season.
You're right. I don't think many Denver fans can accept that but I can voice my opinions with facts and valid points --- current points not outdated ones in which most of this thread is filled with.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #93
Action
Ring of Famer
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 2,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91BRONCO View Post
Even more

Don't forget Scheffler or Hillis.
So..let's keep Scheffler - the guy that was on record saying he WISHED THE SEASON WOULD END when we were in a playoff run.

doesn't matter, both those guys suck anyways.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #94
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,274

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
We will never know. That's all I really have to say about it. What we do know is the players in NE were coached through it, and the players in Denver were not.

Let me ask you, how many people on the Denver staff came out and said anything about cheating and filming practices after McDaniels was fired? You would think SOMEONE would talk to media.

Or are you implying McDaniels was running his side operation of recording. That would completely explain him rejecting the tape.

Orangemane - where facts mean nothing.
Facts? You don't provide any link! Dude got busted. Why would the video guy chance his job if he didn't know his tapes would be rejected? Why didn't McD turn his ass in immediately? Video guy is a peon to the head coach and after being in a NE scandal, you would think he either would A) not do it again or B) do it again with the HC a OK.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #95
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 348

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
my last post was tongue-in-cheek, but seriously what's the point of trying to get a bunch of Denver fans to accept the idea that a guy who brought the Bronco franchise to its knees is going to succeed.

Maybe McDaniels will get something going and the chips fall a certain way and they squeak out a 5-11 or 6-10 year under him at some point. Maybe he wins Coach of the YEar for those 5 or 6 wins. I'm not sure how many Broncos will want to hear how far he came to reach that 5 or 6 win season.
And that's just it- there isn't a point like you have mentioned. Maybe the guy can find some success as a HC somewhere (although I seriously have my doubts), but there is no point in trying to convince the majority of Broncos fans. The guy led us to the lowest point in recent Bronco history.

I feel sorry for whoever hires him as the head coach, especially if it's Cleveland.

You know who makes McD look good? Bellichick and Brady. The St Louis experiment was a failure as well.
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #96
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 348

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
So..let's keep Scheffler - the guy that was on record saying he WISHED THE SEASON WOULD END when we were in a playoff run.

doesn't matter, both those guys suck anyways.
Might have had something to do with the Head Coach Z
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #97
Action
Ring of Famer
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 2,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

I mean yeah, in an ideal world you'd think 3 years after the fact Denver fans can just look at the silver lining and move forward. If he truly sent this franchise back 10 years (as some people suggested) we wouldn't have won the division and a playoff game the season after.

But no, why should I ever hope Denver fans can have any sort of rational thought...when most Denver fans are influenced by RADIO STATIONS this day and age.

Good grief. Jay Cutler calls Denver fans a 6...and most fans still wanted him here. Pathetic. Hooker mentality.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #98
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,404

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
Think we can talk McKid into trading away Joe Haden for a bag of shiny beads?
No, but I bet if we signed Tebow again we would have the chips to pry Haden away from the Browns.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #99
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 348

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
I mean yeah, in an ideal world you'd think 3 years after the fact Denver fans can just look at the silver lining and move forward. If he truly sent this franchise back 10 years (as some people suggested) we wouldn't have won the division and a playoff game the season after.

But no, why should I ever hope Denver fans can have any sort of rational thought...when most Denver fans are influenced by RADIO STATIONS this day and age.

Good grief. Jay Cutler calls Denver fans a 6...and most fans still wanted him here. Pathetic. Hooker mentality.

He's still better than Orton.

The point is this, he left the organization in a far worse spot than when he got here. On top of that he got caught for cheating. On top of that, he wasted a 1st round pick on Tebow. The list goes on and on and on.....
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #100
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,967

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Whatever McDaniels shortcomings, he did know that Cutler was a loser at least that you can't win with and that Marshall had problems, that have now thankfully been fixed to medication. I think he's better as an OC though, not a head coach.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:29 PM.


Denver Broncos