The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default California law lets transgender students pick bathrooms

SAN FRANCISCO — California is preparing for the first state law in the U.S. spelling out the rights of transgender students, but it's possible the law could be suspended within days of its Jan. 1 launch if an effort to repeal it makes it onto voters' ballots later in the year.

The law is the nation's first requiring public schools to let transgender children use sex-segregated facilities and participate in the gender-specific activities of their choice.

California law allows transgender students to pick bathrooms and sports teams they identify with.

"We don't know what's going to happen when kids come back from their holiday vacation," said Republican state Sen. Steve Knight, who voted against the law. "Are there going to be 15-year-old girls talking in the bathroom and in walks a boy? What are they going to do? Scream? Run out?"

The possibility that the law could be overturned worries Ashton Lee, 16. Born a girl, Ashton recently told his parents and school administrators that he was transgender.

Ashton lobbied for the law and thinks his public activism helped persuade his school to acknowledge his gender identity when school resumed in August. He now is allowed to use the boy's restrooms. Similar adjustments have been made for five transgender classmates.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/state-...hts-law/ncT9p/
Pony Boy is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Head for the hills!!!

El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

I think if you have a clam you use the little girls room and if you’re swinging a clam hammer you use the little boys room and the same with sports teams.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
I think if you have a clam you use the little girls room and if you’re swinging a clam hammer you use the little boys room and the same with sports teams.
Why?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #5
nyuk nyuk
Good kid

In the hizzouse

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PFM!

They already have this law in Colorado. It's idiotic and it's throwing the safety and comfort of women under the bus to satisfy a small minority of people. I saw a little gay guy last year in a women's bathroom at UC-D and I came within a hair of decking him until I realized he was obviously homosexual. I thought a pervert had gotten in to the room.
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #6
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

This is awesome for not having to wait for a bathroom. You could say hey I feel tranny today, use the girls. or vice versa ya know? . Not to mention at my old school for some reason guys didn't get doors on ths stalls and the girls did. Hell i would claim tranny just to get some privacy back then. Hell I think i only crapped once in 4 yrs at school.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Why?
Because it's safer and makes sense.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #8
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Safer how? What's to stop a guy (or girl, for that matter) from just waiting until no one is looking and going into an opposite sex bathroom to do whatever it is you people are so afraid they're going to do?

I can't imagine being so paranoid that I couldn't poop in a public restroom if there weren't a door on the stall. I also can't imagine what you would do at a sports stadium with troughs.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #9
nyuk nyuk
Good kid

In the hizzouse

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PFM!

Quote:
I can't imagine being so paranoid that I couldn't poop in a public restroom if there weren't a door on the stall. I also can't imagine what you would do at a sports stadium with troughs.
Because men aren't the ones that are the victims of nearly all stranger sex crimes and have to worry about cameras being installed and so forth. Men are also accustomed to pissing in public already.

Want to yank out a bloody tampon and pop a fresh one in in front of an audience?
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #10
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Because men aren't the ones that are the victims of nearly all stranger sex crimes and have to worry about cameras being installed and so forth. Men are also accustomed to pissing in public already.

Want to yank out a bloody tampon and pop a fresh one in in front of an audience?
Which would be more effective at stopping all of those sex crimes that happen in bathrooms (because, you know, if it saves ONE person...): making sure that boys and girls go in separate bathrooms, or installing security cameras?

Why not take it to the next level? You know. For women's safety.

Cut was talking about a unique situation. I'm pretty sure most bathrooms have doors on the stalls.

Quit your caterwauling, conservatives. You're not going to get cooties from going to the bathroom in the same room as someone of the opposite sex. It's been done for thousands of years.

Besides...fiscally conservative people like yourselves should be all about cutting costs. Using only one type of bathroom would be a boon for school districts nationwide.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #11
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
This is awesome for not having to wait for a bathroom. You could say hey I feel tranny today, use the girls. or vice versa ya know? . Not to mention at my old school for some reason guys didn't get doors on ths stalls and the girls did. Hell i would claim tranny just to get some privacy back then. Hell I think i only crapped once in 4 yrs at school.
You went to Manual High too?
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:11 AM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
You went to Manual High too?
No lol. Houghtan probably too young to remember the days of no doors on the stalls lol.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #13
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
No lol. Houghtan probably too young to remember the days of no doors on the stalls lol.
I can't imagine anyone that would agree this is a good law or could have ant positive impact on our children in school...... but then there's Houghtam, go figure I bet he squats to pee.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #14
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I can't imagine anyone that would agree this is a good law or could have ant positive impact on our children in school...... but then there's Houghtam, go figure I bet he squats to pee.
Dude, I have two toddlers. I go into the bathroom and sit down on the toilet whether I have to go number one or number two. I call it going number three. It's my only respite. The toilet is my sanctuary. Sitting to pee is the LEAST I can do.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #15
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
They already have this law in Colorado. It's idiotic and it's throwing the safety and comfort of women under the bus to satisfy a small minority of people. I saw a little gay guy last year in a women's bathroom at UC-D and I came within a hair of decking him until I realized he was obviously homosexual. I thought a pervert had gotten in to the room.
Why didn't you just shoot him?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #16
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Dude, I have two toddlers. I go into the bathroom and sit down on the toilet whether I have to go number one or number two. I call it going number three. It's my only respite. The toilet is my sanctuary. Sitting to pee is the LEAST I can do.

When your toddlers become school age do you expect them to attend a school that has the restrooms clearly marked Boys and Girls? Who makes the determination if a child is transgender? Do the patents, the child, the teacher or should a medical doctor label the child as a transgender? Would he or she wear a special ID bracelet or would you go by how he or she is dressed?
Old 12-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #17
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
When your toddlers become school age do you expect them to attend a school that has the restrooms clearly marked Boys and Girls? Who makes the determination if a child is transgender? Do the patents, the child, the teacher or should a medical doctor label the child as a transgender? Would he or she wear a special ID bracelet or would you go by how he or she is dressed?
I. Don't. Care.

Going to the bathroom is a natural process. It's nothing to be ashamed of. There is literally nothing that goes on in unisex bathrooms that couldn't or doesn't occur in separate bathrooms.

As I said, there was no distinction between where men and women went to the bathroom for thousands of years. People turned out fine.

I don't see a problem with accommodating transgender individuals, because it just. Doesn't. Matter.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #18
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

does this law apply to locker rooms as well?

houghtam - we know you don't care, but other people do. Many women do. Many women think it matters.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:51 AM   #19
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

I agree with hough. Bathrooms don't rape people, people rape people. But I think you should be required to register as a transgender, be required to get a permit and pass a background check. Then I think local newspapers should publish the addresses of permitted transgenders.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #20
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
I agree with hough. Bathrooms don't rape people, people rape people. But I think you should be required to register as a transgender, be required to get a permit and pass a background check. Then I think local newspapers should publish the addresses of permitted transgenders.
I see you're trying to give nyuk/barryr/gaffe/txteturd some competition for dumbass post of the year with this entry...
Old 12-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #21
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
does this law apply to locker rooms as well?

houghtam - we know you don't care, but other people do. Many women do. Many women think it matters.
Let's see here...

Does the constitution guarantee equal treatment regardless of gender?

Does the constitution guarantee privacy?
Old 12-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #22
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
I see you're trying to give nyuk/barryr/gaffe/txteturd some competition for dumbass post of the year with this entry...
Nah, you're still the reigning champion. Champ since 2004.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #23
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
Nah, you're still the reigning champion. Champ since 2004.
The depth of dumbassery you and the other right-wing morons regularly achieve can't be matched by a box of rocks.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #24
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Let's see here...

Does the constitution guarantee equal treatment regardless of gender?

Does the constitution guarantee privacy?
my point is not what the law says or the constitution, but more about common courtesy. I'm sure transgender having been using the opposite sex bathrooms for years and this was a non issue. Then some idiot ruined probably paraded it to some woman in a bathroom. now a law has to be passed. but instead of solving anything, it just opens up for more laws and regulations and a waste of tax dollars.

does this law apply to locker rooms? i can't imagine if it does as it will present a whole new set up problems.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #25
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
my point is not what the law says or the constitution, but more about common courtesy. I'm sure transgender having been using the opposite sex bathrooms for years and this was a non issue. Then some idiot ruined probably paraded it to some woman in a bathroom. now a law has to be passed. but instead of solving anything, it just opens up for more laws and regulations and a waste of tax dollars.

does this law apply to locker rooms? i can't imagine if it does as it will present a whole new set up problems.
You mean it was a non issue for non-transgendered people. Just like using colored restrooms was a non issue until some uppity black folk wanted to stir the pot in the name of "equality". The nerve of some people!

My point here is that conservatives are all up in arms over this, when in reality there is nothing wrong with it. There's really no reason in the first place to have separate bathrooms, other than the whole "well that's just the way we've always done it (in recent history)" argument, which never really holds much water when you put it up to a legality debate.

Am I arguing that we should get rid of gender specific bathrooms? No. Am I saying they're kind of a dumb idea in the first place considering there's nothing that goes on in there that doesn't go on in unisex bathrooms? Yes. Am I saying it is petty to get all upset that *gasp* someone of what you perceive to be the opposite sex might be pooping in the stall next to you? **** yes.