The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #201
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Interestingly Brady is a much better QB now than when his TEAMS won 3 SBs. Need I remind you that Vinateri kicked and won two of those SBs. That Brady was playing on complete teams with an incredibly talented and cheating defense, a sound run game, and a clutch kicker. Interesting that as the completeness of the team around him has lessened so has his playoff fortunes.
Why wouldn't Brady be better now? The Pats were winning SB's during Brady's first 5 years in the NFL. He was 27 the last time they won the SB. Brady wasn't even in his prime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Too many one and dones huh. If the Broncos win the SB this year, it would be played in home games in the Denver Cold, and a SB in a Cold Met Life stadium. That would solidify Peyton and the argument of Cold weather and can't win in the big games.
That's why I said if Manning can win it this year, he can be included in the conversation for GOAT. If the Broncos lose in the 1st round, it would further cement Manning's one-and-done legacy.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #202
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Why wouldn't Brady be better now? The Pats were winning SB's during Brady's first 5 years in the NFL. He was 27 the last time they won the SB. Brady wasn't even in his prime.

That's why I said if Manning can win it this year, he can be included in the conversation for GOAT. If the Broncos lose in the 1st round, it would further cement Manning's one-and-done legacy.
Nah, he'd still be in the conversation. Football aint tennis
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #203
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
That's why I said if Manning can win it this year, he can be included in the conversation
no, he's already in the conversation. When people knock Manning it's like they forget he DID lead his team to a Super Bowl win and nearly to another. Ppl blame him for the Porter INT without mentioning the fact that the Indy D couldn't get a stop when it needed to or that Reggie Wayne just might have stopped short on his route resulting in the INT.

Watching Manning from 1998-currently I have a hard time trying to figure out how he wouldn't be in the conversation? He's had his hand in revolutionizing the game. He's probably the headiest and best pre-snap QB to ever play the game imo. How can someone say w/ a straight face that he already isn't in the conversation for best QB evah? I put less emphasis on statistics because it's not an even conversation discussing the passing stats of today's game vs. other eras. But even considering that, the numbers he has put up vis-a-vis his peers during his era are astounding. Also, an unprecedented comeback from the neck injury/surgeries to play at an elite level.

His "one-and-done legacy" is seemingly propagated by ignoring the fact that he's been to 2 Super Bowls and led a clutch and exciting AFCCG comeback vs. NE while getting to one of those Super Bowls.

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 12-21-2013 at 01:26 PM..
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #204
Princess Peach
Gettin horny drinkin 40s

ask about my "abduction" specials

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Big Dick Decker

Champ Bailey could start on those teams
Princess Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #205
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
no, he's already in the conversation. When people knock Manning it's like they forget he DID lead his team to a Super Bowl win and nearly to another. Ppl blame him for the Porter INT without mentioning the fact that the Indy D couldn't get a stop when it needed to or that Reggie Wayne just might have stopped short on his route resulting in the INT.

Watching Manning from 1998-currently I have a hard time trying to figure out how he wouldn't be in the conversation? He's had his hand in revolutionizing the game. He's probably the headiest and best pre-snap QB to ever play the game imo. How can someone say w/ a straight face that he already isn't in the conversation for best QB evah? I put less emphasis on statistics because it's not an even conversation discussing the passing stats of today's game vs. other eras. But even considering that, the numbers he has put up vis-a-vis his peers during his era are astounding. Also, an unprecedented comeback from the neck injury/surgeries to play at an elite level.

His "one-and-done legacy" is seemingly propagated by ignoring the fact that he's been to 2 Super Bowls and led a clutch and exciting AFCCG comeback vs. NE while getting to one of those Super Bowls.
Broncos fans wish he was a one and done guy. He spanked the ever loving **** outta us twice!
Old 12-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #206
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
no, he's already in the conversation. When people knock Manning it's like they forget he DID lead his team to a Super Bowl win and nearly to another.
Cool, then you can add Kurt Warner, Ben Roethlisberger, and Brett Favre to the conversation too. IMO currently Manning doesn't crack the top 3.

Peyton Manning has made it to 3 AFC Championship games and 2 SB's (winning 1). Dan Marino made it to 3 AFC Championship games and 1 SB (with far less talented teams). I wouldn't even put Dan Marino in the top 10 all time.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #207
BMORE
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Why don't you and TheRev seriously consider: Are your points based on Manning wearing orange now? And your dislike of Brady personally (a dislike I more than share)?

Saddest part of your argument in my opinion is heaping credit for the 1st Super Bowl on Adam Vinateri. My friend, Senor Brady (as his in-laws call him) engineered a truly spectacular game winning drive. 3 of 4 kickers would've made that kick ... 1 in ump-teen QBs would've given him the opportunity. John Madden was squawkin' the whole way, "BAM! Play for OT! BAM! Play for OT!"
So your going to throw out hypothets about Brady. What if Tyre doesn't make that catch. Well we can do the same for Manning and it's much more powerful. What if Polian didn't strike out so much on draft picks, what if the Colts fielded a real team around Manning, what if Polian didn't miss manage the cap, what if Peyton had a real defense, what if in the multiple playoff games they lost their drunk idiot kicker was no other than mr. Clutch Vinateri, what if there was a defense capable of stopping the run so Peyton wasn't sidelined as much, what if Hank Basket recovers the on-side kick, what if Garçon doesn't drop the ball before half and Indy goes up 3 scores, what if our expectations of Peyton are so high, it diminishes what he actually does, what if in the playoffs against the better teams in the league he himself cannot fully mask the defencies of the team, what if he played his career in New England and Brady in Indy, what if, what if, what if...

You will not convince me that Brady makes Bellicheat.

Let's talk about playoff wins and numbers. Since Brady has 3 rings he's the GOAT? So you judge on SB wins? Well it should be Montana and Bradshaw a perfect 4-0. And you want to talk about hot starts early in a career, Joe Flacco has the best playoff record of any QB the first 5 years of his career, he has a ring too so he's better than Peyton right?
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #208
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Cool, then you can add Kurt Warner, Ben Roethlisberger, and Brett Favre to the conversation too. IMO currently Manning doesn't crack the top 3.

Peyton Manning has made it to 3 AFC Championship games and 2 SB's (winning 1). Dan Marino made it to 3 AFC Championship games and 1 SB (with far less talented teams). I wouldn't even put Dan Marino in the top 10 all time.
You cut almost my entire post to focus solely on my opening statement regarding Super Bowl wins.

Are we talking which QB has the most Super Bowl wins or taking a QB's body of work (Super Bowl wins included) to assess the best to play? If it's the latter, then let's go ahead and discuss the issue in its entirety instead of parsing posts. If it's the former, then just post a list in descending order of QBs with the most Lombardi trophies.

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 12-21-2013 at 03:23 PM..
Old 12-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #209
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

CHARLES HALEY IS THE GREATEST FOOTBALL PLAYER OF ALL TIME!!!
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #210
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Broncos fans wish he was a one and done guy. He spanked the ever loving **** outta us twice!
Peyton Manning only won 3 playoff games before he turned 30 years old.

1. He spanked the Broncos and Larry Coyer twice (2003, 2004)
2. He beat a pathetic Trent Green 2003 Chiefs squad

That's it. That's all he could do , despite having Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Edgerrin James, Dwight Freeney (all 1st round draft picks), Robert Mathis, and Bob Sanders.

Last edited by pricejj; 12-21-2013 at 03:28 PM..
Old 12-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #211
Princess Peach
Gettin horny drinkin 40s

ask about my "abduction" specials

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Big Dick Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
CHARLES HALEY IS THE GREATEST FOOTBALL PLAYER OF ALL TIME!!!
Well, after Champ Bailey.
Princess Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #212
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:

Are we talking which QB has the most Super Bowl wins or taking a QB's body of work (Super Bowl wins included)
Body of work, of course. 1st round playoff losses are a big deal. There are lot's of QB's with more than 1 SB win, that I would never include on a top 3 of all time list.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #213
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Peyton Manning only won 3 playoff games before he turned 30 years old.

1. He spanked the Broncos and Larry Coyer twice (2003, 2004)
2. He beat a pathetic Trent Green 2003 Chiefs squad

That's it. That's all he could do , despite having Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Edgerrin James, Dwight Freeney (all 1st round draft picks), Robert Mathis, and Bob Sanders.
I remember that game. It was exciting and it was crazy how Peyton Manning couldn't stop Priest Holmes that game. But he did manage to outscore the Chiefs in Arrowhead in December.

2003 Chiefs were #2 seed @ 13-3, #1 O in PPG, #2 O in yards per game w/ a middle-of-the-road D, #1 in turnovers-per-game. They were one of the best teams in the league that year. I think the 1998 Broncos and 2013 would have layed to the wood to them though.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #214
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
I remember that game. It was exciting and it was crazy how Peyton Manning couldn't stop Priest Holmes that game. But he did manage to outscore the Chiefs in Arrowhead .
Not sure how Peyton Manning managed to beat both Roc Alexander and the Chefs unstoppable playoff dynamo (last win 1993) before age 30, while being loaded on both Offense and Defense.

Meanwhile, John Elway went to 3 Super bowls before age 30, despite having no running attack, no OL to speak of, and a band of yahoo's at WR.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #215
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Body of work, of course. 1st round playoff losses are a big deal. There are lot's of QB's with more than 1 SB win, that I would never include on a top 3 of all time list.
I just don't subscribe to the "you have to win the most Super Bowls to be considered the best" argument. There are entirely too many factors that rely on teammates, small sample sizes, and luck. Peyton has consistently been fantastic. And while marlon Mccree is fumbling Tom Brady into playoff wins, Rahim Moore is preventing mannings.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #216
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I don't get why they both can't be in the conversation
Old 12-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #217
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Of course it only takes one player to field a team and one to lose a game
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #218
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
they are. and i think they are both pretty high on the list.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #219
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Meanwhile, John Elway went to 3 Super bowls before age 30, despite having no running attack, no OL to speak of, and a band of yahoo's at WR.
and a decent group of borderline hall of famers on defense at various points in their careers
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:42 AM   #220
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Who are your top 3 QB's of all time?
Old 12-22-2013, 01:00 AM   #221
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Who are your top 3 QB's of all time?
Well it has to be Joe Montana, Bradshaw, and then Aikman since we are going off SB rings.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:12 AM   #222
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:

You are absolutely ridiculous for stating Marino isn't a top 10 QB of all time.

Just....ridiculous.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:57 AM   #223
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

Only an idiot would state that the number of superbowls a player has won is the metric by which he should be ranked historically.

Trent Dilfer is just as good as Peyton Manning! And better than Marino! yippeeeee!
Sly_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:27 AM   #224
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
They are (#1 and #2)
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:29 AM   #225
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly_Eli View Post
Only an idiot would state that the number of superbowls a player has won is the metric by which he should be ranked historically.

Trent Dilfer is just as good as Peyton Manning! And better than Marino! yippeeeee!
Eli is the greatest Manning
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote