The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2013, 02:58 AM   #51
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
They're annoying because they're dumb.

I had one literally screaming at me in the bar telling me that Divisional games weren't any more important than any other game...
Was it immediately after they lost a division game (to the 9'ers)?
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:01 AM   #52
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Was it immediately after they lost a division game (to the 9'ers)?
This was during their 7-9 playoff season. I was trying to explain how the game might have totally ****ed them lol.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:05 AM   #53
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
This was during their 7-9 playoff season. I was trying to explain how the game might have totally ****ed them lol.
Only a "casual" football fan fails to grasp the concept of possible playoff ramifications linked to wins/losses within your own division.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:08 AM   #54
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Only a "casual" football fan fails to grasp the concept of possible playoff ramifications linked to wins/losses within your own division.
I mean, I'll totally admit there are 9 legitimate Seahawks fans.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:18 AM   #55
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
I mean, I'll totally admit there are 9 legitimate Seahawks fans.
I know a few who are very knowledgeable and understand the game. It's nice to talk x's and o's with someone who knows what they're talking about and can explain why they think their team would win a SB matchup with the '13 Broncos. But the ones who approach you just to tell you (with zero analysis why) that the Broncos are "gonna get trounced" and cannot explain how they plan to get pressure on Manning in the less-than-3-seconds he's likely to still have the ball, while covering DT, Decker, Welker, Thomas, and Moreno -- those guys are (IMHO) front-running bandwagon fans.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:55 AM   #56
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

A Seahawks thread
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:44 AM   #57
Armchair Bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler

Call me "Old School"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darrien Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
A Seahawks thread
Denver-Seattle Super Bowl, man! What's not to like?
Armchair Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:09 AM   #58
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
Denver-Seattle Super Bowl, man! What's not to like?
If the Seahawks don't go to the Super Bowl these "Seahawks Threads" are irrelevant and we just discussed the Seahawks for no reason.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:14 AM   #59
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
Denver- Any NFC team Super Bowl, man! What's not to like?
Fixed your post. Personally, I couldn't possibly care less if it's the Seachickens or any other NFC team. But then I'm not a Seahawk fan.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #60
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Fixed your post. Personally, I couldn't possibly care less if it's the Seachickens or any other NFC team. But then I'm not a Seahawk fan.
but you are a princess.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #61
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
well, he is a Seahawk fan.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #62
Armchair Bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler

Call me "Old School"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darrien Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
If the Seahawks don't go to the Super Bowl these "Seahawks Threads" are irrelevant and we just discussed the Seahawks for no reason.
If, on the other hand, both Denver and Seattle make it to the Big Dance, then you guys are way ahead of schedule!
Old 12-21-2013, 03:03 AM   #63
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
but you are a princess.
No.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:41 AM   #64
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

told my kids. the seahawks better get it done Now. after they pay there QB when his contact is up, they wont be able to keep all those good-(great) D players
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:14 AM   #65
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
How often do they punt? Seems to me their offense drains the clock limiting opportunity for other teams.
It basically does. The stat's still mighty impressive, though.

Russell Wilson is definitely the real deal, Tampa Bay comeback erased any lingering doubt. Wilson reminds me of ... no, NOT Warren Moon ... Roger Staubach. Always cool, never the big mistake. Not spectacular skills, but he can scramble and run and he knows when to do so, and he's a very accurate passer.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:17 AM   #66
Armchair Bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler

Call me "Old School"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darrien Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
told my kids. the seahawks better get it done Now. after they pay there QB when his contact is up, they wont be able to keep all those good-(great) D players
But by then, several more may have been suspended indefinitely. ;-)

It's true that the Hawks are getting an amazing deal on Russell Wilson's current contract. The dude is basically making close to the league minimum and is the lowest paid starting QB in the league.

On D, the Hawks need to hold on to Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman among many others. But they'll get it done. Their GM is the top guy in the league, the city is super attractive to free agents, they have one of the best "player's" head coaches in all of football, and their owner is one of the richest men in the world.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:21 AM   #67
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Lots of touchy touchy over the SeaChickadees around here ... now why is that? Let's avoid the Christmas rush and start hating them now. (oops!)

I have an excuse for liking them, however ... mute the TV and open the window when the SeaChickadees score at home, and I can hear the sweet music emanating from the C-Link din record setters. Intoxicating, it is.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #68
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
I know a few who are very knowledgeable and understand the game. It's nice to talk x's and o's with someone who knows what they're talking about and can explain why they think their team would win a SB matchup with the '13 Broncos. But the ones who approach you just to tell you (with zero analysis why) that the Broncos are "gonna get trounced" and cannot explain how they plan to get pressure on Manning in the less-than-3-seconds he's likely to still have the ball, while covering DT, Decker, Welker, Thomas, and Moreno -- those guys are (IMHO) front-running bandwagon fans.
Of course you know a few...you live in the Northwest. You probably know more about their team than most "fans" of the Seahawks. The 12th man was a brilliant marketing ploy because when the Broncos played there in 2001, I was in attendance and the team sucked and there was no special noise going on. The Kingdome was gone and they would need to pump noise into that place if they wanted to be all badass. Now, people went with the marketing campaign and it has worked brilliantly.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #69
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

What's the difference between a Seahawks fan, and a bucket of ****?

The bucket.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #70
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Of course you know a few...you live in the Northwest. You probably know more about their team than most "fans" of the Seahawks. The 12th man was a brilliant marketing ploy because when the Broncos played there in 2001, I was in attendance and the team sucked and there was no special noise going on. The Kingdome was gone and they would need to pump noise into that place if they wanted to be all badass. Now, people went with the marketing campaign and it has worked brilliantly.
I'd go so far as to say the vast majority of Seahawks fans are cool people. It's just annoying when you're minding your own business and encounter one who's drinking and loud and gets in your face just because of your Broncos gear. And that's happened to me a few times since October, and let's just say it gets old fast.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #71
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
It's not that simple. It's a simple record to break if you're willing to sacrifice distance for hang time.
It's not that simple. If it was that simple it would have been broken already. 9 return yards in 14 weeks? Yeah, I think most of the league would take that as long as you're getting on average, 40-41 yards of net.

The "net" statistic is a bit skewed too, because how many times does a punt occur when they're trying to pin the returner and you're really only looking to punt it about 25-30 yards?
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #72
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
At the same time, would 319 return yards still break the record? He has a good point; 5 net yards per punt doesn't sound like much but it adds up.
It's not 5 net yards they're giving up, it's 4 net yards from the very best which is the Rams...and we've come to a conclusion Rams are a better unit.

But after the Rams, the difference in net is only 3 yards...that doesn't add up to much over a game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...etAvgPuntYards

And like I said, would you rather average 2-3 more net yards per punt, but possibly give up some returns here or there? Or even just that very 1 return could cost you a game or 2...

Or average 2-3 less net yards than the top tier, yet NEVER EVER give up any return yards? Do the math, how much yards are you really giving up over the span of a game if you're punting 4-5 times a game?

19 yards in 15 weeks, 9 yards in 14 weeks.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #73
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

People want to write off this statistic, but you'd be a damn fool if you didn't think this is one of the reasons they have the best record in the NFL.

Wait until next season...other teams will adopt this guaranteed. I woudn't be surprised if you start seeing more teams averaging high 30's than you do now...

Copy cat league.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #74
Armchair Bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler

Call me "Old School"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darrien Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
People want to write off this statistic, but you'd be a damn fool if you didn't think this is one of the reasons they have the best record in the NFL.

Wait until next season...other teams will adopt this guaranteed. I woudn't be surprised if you start seeing more teams averaging high 30's than you do now...

Copy cat league.
I totally agree. Back in the day we had coffin corner kicks from Ray Guy. And that dude is in the HOF. I went to Broncos-Raiders games as a kid and hated Ray Guy. He always seemed to pin the Broncos deep no matter where he kicked from.

Then came Tom "Touchback" Rouen. The guy represented an entire generation of punters who never, ever went for the coffin corner. Opposing teams almost always started at the 20 because these punts usually resulted in touchbacks.

In the last decade, punters have adopted the new-fangled technique of trying to bounce the ball at the 2 yard line, but this rarely works. And such punts usually end up as touchbacks anyway.

Enter the Seahawks 2013. Their strategy is to do so-called Moon Shots. The idea is to kick the ball so high that there's basically zero chance of it being returned because by the time the ball descends from the heavens, the returner is already surrounded by 4 guys ready to clobber him. But there's also very little chance it will be a touchback. And more times than not it will be a fair catch inside the 20. Or better yet muffed.

@Action is right. Next year a lot of teams will be punting the ball "Seahawks Style" because it works and it doesn't require a HOF kicker either.

Last edited by Armchair Bronco; 12-21-2013 at 10:44 PM..
Old 12-22-2013, 02:38 AM   #75
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

Russell Wilson is the Brady & Manning of the NFC for the next 13 years... seahawks will be in contention to go to the Super Bowl every year
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote