The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > The Horses Butt
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2013, 12:03 AM   #26
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Where did you hear this?

And how many negative threads do you plan to make this week? Thanks!
In his head. If anyone is a fraud (another thread ref.), it is wolf and his supposed inside information. He's got voices in his head and trots it out as info.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:03 AM   #27
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
A Broncos loss is Wolf's favorite thing. Coward doesn't show up until it happens and then just loves it.
Yep. Take anything he says as a fact with a grain of salt.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:07 AM   #28
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

just curious are you saying its time to give up ? All year long no all of Peytons pro career people these sports jerks jump off and on his bus nothing knew they ve done it to Denver all year I guess where my confusion is coming in at is from training camp didn't Fox Elway all of em say its basically ITS SUPERBOWL OR BUST I even remember one of the players twitting he guaranteed a SuperBowl win this year so my next question is do the Denver Broncos have the heart I don't think its so much of the playing ability cause we see they can win I JUST DONT SEE HOW THEY ELWAY FOX ETC CAN SAY ALL OF THIS ABOUT THE SUPERBOWL AND REALLY NOT WIN IT ALL can anyone explain this to me cause I STILL HAVE FAITH IN EM last year I know a lot of people will disagree with me but im solely convinced that it was handed to the Ravens
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #29
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD4HOF View Post
Woodyard hasn't been the same since his owwie, too.
Meh, can't just blame injuries. Every team has injuries. Even with all those guys healthy I still don't think we are a top flight DEF. Even when we had Vick healthy with all of our DLine together with Von we were not getting a big push and pressuring the QB all that much. Our Db's were routinely getting toasted with Champ and Rahim playing.

Out of the entire DEF...these are the only guys I care to have on this team:

DL: Philips, Vick, Pot Roast, Malik and Wolfe (backup), Sly (3rd string as rookie--he isn't ready yet) we need more here
LB: Trevathan, Woodyard (backup WLB), Von (lose some weight man)
DB: Harris (3rd/Slot) and DRC (Webster is #5 at best as a rookie--hope he gets better next year)
S: Bruton (ST ace 3rd string on depth chart), Adams is ok for a backup only and Rahim I don't like but if he's a backup and not a starter I'm ok with it.

Everyone else can go. Bring on Larentee McCray and see if Steven Johnson takes another step forward and Quinton can come back from IR.
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:12 AM   #30
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

No doubt about the fact the defense stinks.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:45 AM   #31
Ol#7
Not Too Shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bucky Dilts

This is what happens when you draft your kids pal instead of a needed LB and reach big time on a CB. Not like this hasnt been pointed out before. People talked themselved into both picks. The worst part is these were also glaring positions of need.

Despite what Action thinks, McD left this team in shambles. We were not very good the Tebow playoff year, but the amount of time of posession we controlled convinced people our D was somehow the backbone and a strength.
Ol#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:54 AM   #32
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Looks like someone just purchased the fireelway.com domain.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:14 AM   #33
IA-Broncosfan53
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

In a "win now" mode you dont trade out of the first round to draft a defensive lineman, only to follow up the next year in the first round a draft another defensive lineman with a solid prospect MLB available (Ogletree).
IA-Broncosfan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:32 AM   #34
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

wolf-no-life is a known a$$clown who really only comes out when Denver loses and he has something negative to say.

He gets off on this stuff.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:38 AM   #35
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
just listen and watch the reports, this was an NFL network game, lots of league insiders in town tonight, lots of mingling about, lots of talk, 6 degrees of separation.

lets just put it this way, elway will not be getting anywhere near the kudos as he was last season and now the league is very skeptical of his roster building....
I watched just about every post-game, Denver sports, ESPN, Fox Sports and internet show I could find and didn't hear anything remotely like this.

Do you have a link? A name of the analyst? The network? Anything?
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:39 AM   #36
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Yeah, in his third year of taking this team from 4-12, Elway hasn't produced the '85 Chicago Bears.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:36 AM   #37
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
NFL circles are now starting to talk about John Elway and his ability to not assemble a quality defense.

I'm told it is similar to the knock on Mike Shannahan

It looks like the Del Rio hire may have been a bad one, and the lack of depth on the defense is quite literally going to cost the broncos any shot at a superbowl

He is being roundly questioned on Paris Lenon, Omar Bolden, Sylvester Williams.

Rodgers Cromartie is a still a plus, but there is lots of skepticism about his ability to build a balanced roster.
Yeah, sure.......translation: Wolf making **** up again.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:58 AM   #38
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
11-3 Elway should just say scoreboard b****es. Sure we lost this game and that sucks but it is what it is. We're still 11-3 and all the critics can suck Elway's dick right now.
Yep this gets my vote
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:48 AM   #39
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
free country, or orange mane dictatorship? thanks!
Free to lie your ass off to force your agenda. Yup Sam its working! You just blatantly lied, got called on it, and pulled the freedom of speech card? Dude, get out of here.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:17 AM   #40
Tom A Hawk
Ring of Famer

wow, you lose one game to a team like the Chargers and some of you are ready to jump off of a cliff.

That's crazy. Your team deserves better fans. The team has had a pretty good year and is play off bound.

whiners.
Tom A Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:27 AM   #41
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

nice try douchebag

This guy is claiming a VP whose team is 11-3 with a plethora of injuries is being likened to a former Broncos coach who has lost control of his 3-10 team.....gotta love the OM!
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #42
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
nice try douchebag

This guy is claiming a VP whose team is 11-3 with a plethora of injuries is being likened to a former Broncos coach who has lost control of his 3-10 team.....gotta love the OM!
He's always been a troll.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #43
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
ugh
Trolling at it's finest. You're making it up

Thanks for letting this dick continuously **** over the board
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:09 AM   #44
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
NFL circles are now starting to talk about John Elway and his ability to not assemble a quality defense.

It looks like the Del Rio hire may have been a bad one, and the lack of depth on the defense is quite literally going to cost the broncos any shot at a superbowl

Rodgers Cromartie is a still a plus, but there is lots of skepticism about his ability to build a balanced roster.
That's completely unfounded. He had an excellent FA on Defense, and we just can't help the fact guys have been hurt and lost key pieces on the Defensive front.

I think it comes down to coaching. That Defense look confused and very unprepared lasyt night, that is not Elways doing, that is JDR.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #45
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA-Broncosfan53 View Post
In a "win now" mode you dont trade out of the first round to draft a defensive lineman, only to follow up the next year in the first round a draft another defensive lineman with a solid prospect MLB available (Ogletree).
Correct.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:30 AM   #46
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Jesus Christ he took over a 4-12 team and made three straight playoffs and you're nitpicking over a few moves he missed on

Unreal
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #47
FRCDFED
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Bronco fans need to accept the same reality that Indy had to while Peyton was the QB. One player does not win championships in FB. When one player takes up 20 percent of the salary cap then the team has to sacrifice talent at other positions. Fivehead will win some football games for you guys, get Denver into the playoffs, and possibly win a playoff game. However, history has proven that defense wins championships while offense breaks records. I cannot remember a team that relied so much on offense that actually won a championship. The Marino led Dolphins is probably the best comparison and they fell short.
FRCDFED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:06 AM   #48
manchambo
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Why don't you answer the question about the "nfl circle" you're referring to? Because I'm pretty sure the only circle you're privy to is of the jerk variety.
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #49
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Jesus Christ he took over a 4-12 team and made three straight playoffs and you're nitpicking over a few moves he missed on

Unreal
I know there have been a lot of people asking where would this team be without Manning. Up until recently I still thought we were a pretty good team (maybe .500 or slightly better) with a decent QB (maybe Brock is going to be worthy of the high pick invested in him).

NOW...I think we are probably worse than a .500 ball club without PFM. He is just that good and our DEF, ST and coaching has been exposed.

So, maybe it is similar to Shanahan who I among many others believe that Elway and TD made him look smarter than he was at GM/coach. It also wasn't a SB caliber team until we brought in some DEF help in Alfred Williams and Neil Smith to bring the pressure that may have helped average at best players like Tyrone Braxton play better.

Could it be that PFM is the reason Elway is so widely regarded around the league as a "great" GM? That was a masterful signing and he deserves all the kudos for bringing Peyton here. If you are going to build a Championship team you need a QB leader. But it is fair to look deeper at this roster and see all the holes on defense (at every position DL, LB, DB and S) and he rightly deserves some blame for having what appears to be a bottom 5 or 10 defense. They just aren't that good and will most likely prevent a Super Bowl victory for us.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #50
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Freedom goes both ways Wolf and its a fair question, you started this tread with a comment as if you had a number of 'NFL circles' making these complaints .. Okay, fair enough, let's see them!! Unless those 'NFL Circles' are just a couple of neurons rolling around inside your noggin!? :-)

Last edited by Hulamau; 12-13-2013 at 08:10 AM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote