The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #51
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Did you use bitcoins?
No but I'm glad I didn't take David Weidner's advice,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
David Weidner's article is spot on.

Your Twitter investment is doomed ó hereís why
Commentary: Even successful companies find it hard to overcome hype
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #52
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Short term gains in a company that doesn't have anywhere near the earning potential its current valuation requires does not mean much.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #53
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Give it time, it's early days. But as you're invested, hopefully he is wrong.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #54
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Short term gains in a company that doesn't have anywhere near the earning potential its current valuation requires does not mean much.
Twitter IncNYSE: TWTR
Dec 26 2:32 PM ET

71.63+1.67 (2.39%)

71.63 a share ......... Merry Christmas to me ......
Old 12-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #55
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Twitter IncNYSE: TWTR
Dec 26 2:32 PM ET

71.63+1.67 (2.39%)

71.63 a share ......... Merry Christmas to me ......
Hope you got out before today.

63.75-9.56 (-13.04%)
Old 12-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #56
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Hope you got out before today.

63.75-9.56 (-13.04%)
No, I'm still in a great position but millions did take profits when it went over $70 and possibly caused the drop in value. This drop will create a great opportunity for them and new buyers to get back in at a lower price before the New Year.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:27 AM   #57
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Wow, whatís going on with Facebook? I bought lightly on the opening IPO and lost my shorts but when it dropped to 18 dollars I bought a crap-load and it's now over 50. I had requested an auto-sell at 50 but pulled it last week. Iím not sure how much longer to ride this out?

Also thinking about jumping hard on Twitter but will probably stay away from the IPO. I donít see how Twitter will generate income but Facebook didnít make sense either ÖÖÖ. Go figure, itís a strange world we live in.
You cannot go wrong for the next year or so.

What I am looking at is google. They are running a test in Kansas City on new fiber optic lines. It is supposed to be revolutionary. Their stock is already pricey but I see it going through the roof.

Also there are two companies I feel out in the front of this 3D Printing. 3d Printing is going to blow up in the next 2 years. It is an exciting time no doubt.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:30 AM   #58
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Also there are two companies I feel out in the front of this 3D Printing. 3d Printing is going to blow up in the next 2 years. It is an exciting time no doubt.
What companies are in front?
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:07 PM   #59
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
What companies are in front?
I am looking at Stratasys and 3D Systems. Their stock has already started to take off so price is a little high but they are larger companies and will be able to adapt and expand easily as the demand grows.

http://www.stratasys.com/

http://www.3dsystems.com/

I think a lot of the smaller companies will get absorbed or overtaken when the **** hits the fire.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #60
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No, I'm still in a great position but millions did take profits when it went over $70 and possibly caused the drop in value. This drop will create a great opportunity for them and new buyers to get back in at a lower price before the New Year.
2/6

-15.94 (-24.16%)

Why? Even wall street realizes Twitter has no future.

Hope you took your profits and ran PB.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:38 PM   #61
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

How will Twitter generate revenue high enough to be a big money maker? Can they advertise along with people's tweet's? Or charge companies to do advertising type tweets? I'm not getting it really? Facebook has a better platform to advertise don't they?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:57 PM   #62
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
2/6

-15.94 (-24.16%)

Why? Even wall street realizes Twitter has no future.

Hope you took your profits and ran PB.
I moved a lot of Twitter just after the first of the year but still remain invested with an auto sell at $45. I am watching the stock closely and I consult with 2 analysts that have been rock solid the past 10 years. They are both equally divided on Twitter but both are starting to get a little cautious on Facebook.

Itís interesting that one of the concerns seems to be getting Mom to use Twitter and on the other hand young people are moving away from Facebook because it has become the choice of Mom and Grandma. Go figure ÖÖ.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:03 PM   #63
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
How will Twitter generate revenue high enough to be a big money maker? Can they advertise along with people's tweet's? Or charge companies to do advertising type tweets? I'm not getting it really? Facebook has a better platform to advertise don't they?
Twitter generated better that expected revenue of $243 million in its first results since the IPO but it's the user growth that spooked the share holders.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:15 PM   #64
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Twitter generated better that expected revenue of $243 million in its first results since the IPO but it's the user growth that spooked the share holders.
Which is the why of my comment: Twitter has no future. It's a glorified RSS feed. Nothing innovative (unless you consider an arbitrary limit to the size of RSS content innovative), and no plan or path to expanding its revenues.

It's got the same problem as Facebook. It's a fad and will be replaced by something sooner or later. It's a company with no core competency other than having a fad product. Just like a long litany of other "social media" websites
Old 02-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #65
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Marijuana Stocks with Potentially Strong Niches:

Medbox, Inc. (otc pink:MDBX), Creative Edge Nutrition Inc.'s (otc pink:FITX), Medical Marijuana Inc. (otc pink:MJNA)

Don't laugh........ When other states go onboard these companies will be way ahead of the game.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/3-m...k=MW_news_stmp
Old 02-06-2014, 08:50 PM   #66
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Google is working on some high tech fiber optic lines that are going to revolutionize internet and communication as we kow it. Just google, "Google fiber optic lines, Kansas City"

https://fiber.google.com/about/

If you have any extra money you want to diversify google is a great place, although it is expensive now it will get much higher.

In July 2012, pricing for Google Fiber was announced. The service offers three options. These include a free broadband internet option, a 1 Gbit/s internet option for $70 per month and a version that includes television service for $120 per month. The internet service includes one terabyte of Google Drive service and the television service includes a two terabyte DVR recorder in addition to the Google Drive service. The DVR will record up to eight live television shows simultaneously. The television options also include a Nexus 7 tablet that will act as a remote control for the system. In addition, television service will also stream live program content on iPad and Android tablet computers. Neighborhoods that receive the service will be selected based on demand.[5]
Old 02-06-2014, 11:45 PM   #67
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Google is working on some high tech fiber optic lines that are going to revolutionize internet and communication as we kow it. Just google, "Google fiber optic lines, Kansas City"

https://fiber.google.com/about/

If you have any extra money you want to diversify google is a great place, although it is expensive now it will get much higher.

In July 2012, pricing for Google Fiber was announced. The service offers three options. These include a free broadband internet option, a 1 Gbit/s internet option for $70 per month and a version that includes television service for $120 per month. The internet service includes one terabyte of Google Drive service and the television service includes a two terabyte DVR recorder in addition to the Google Drive service. The DVR will record up to eight live television shows simultaneously. The television options also include a Nexus 7 tablet that will act as a remote control for the system. In addition, television service will also stream live program content on iPad and Android tablet computers. Neighborhoods that receive the service will be selected based on demand.[5]
I pay 137 a month for verizon high speed fiber optic internet, tv with HBO and the 2nd tier which includes nfl network, espn etc, and a landline telephone. Not sure about long distance on that i never call long distance. I think certain long distance calls i pay more.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:29 AM   #68
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I pay 137 a month for verizon high speed fiber optic internet, tv with HBO and the 2nd tier which includes nfl network, espn etc, and a landline telephone. Not sure about long distance on that i never call long distance. I think certain long distance calls i pay more.
I have no idea about Verizon but the Google fiber optics are supposed to be very fast and will make internet, playing video games and surfing internet on multiple devices at once a piece of cake. Supposed to be the next generation stuff and Google is going to move with it very quickly.