The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #26
Bob
Ring of Famer
 
Bob's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 5,336
Default

The only problem with this is that it was a socialist sponsored study...
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #27
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
You realize the people being dropped from the insurance they have is because it doesn't meet the new standards and are basically junk insurance. That is why they are dropped. If they would look into getting different insurance they would be able to find better insurance at a cheaper price.
I have friend who was on his wife's plan from her job....but due to the new laws, she could no longer put him on her policy because his employer offers one.

So he has a worse plan and they are paying more for healthcare.

As for who lies more...., yeah keep thinking that career politicians don't lie
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #28
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,390
Default

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/11/9731...ing-years-ago/
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #29
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,544

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #30
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,042

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
a heavily conservative site that calls itself "independent".
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #31
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,042

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I have friend who was on his wife's plan from her job....but due to the new laws, she could no longer put him on her policy because his employer offers one.

So he has a worse plan and they are paying more for healthcare.

As for who lies more...., yeah keep thinking that career politicians don't lie
BS
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #32
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer
 
The Lone Bolt's Avatar
 
GO CHARGERS!!!!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Boredom Capital of the Universe (Everett, WA)
Posts: 3,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I have friend who was on his wife's plan from her job....but due to the new laws, she could no longer put him on her policy because his employer offers one.

So he has a worse plan and they are paying more for healthcare.

As for who lies more...., yeah keep thinking that career politicians don't lie
I'm not aware of any provision in the PPACA that requires individuals to be dropped from their spouse's plan if their employer offers one. Sounds like a load of bull.

Last edited by The Lone Bolt; 11-30-2013 at 08:47 PM..
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:52 PM   #33
Johnykbr
Pro Bowler
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 733

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
I'm not aware of any provision in the PPACA that requires individuals to be dropped from their spouse's plan if their employer offers one. Sounds like a load of bull.
Of course there isn't but the plans have to adjust to what Obamacare says they will need to cover so the prices are going up for companies. They need to either swallow some more of the cost or throw it all onto the employees which will be an extremely unpopular move.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #34
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,042

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Of course there isn't but the plans have to adjust to what Obamacare says they will need to cover so the prices are going up for companies. They need to either swallow some more of the cost or throw it all onto the employees which will be an extremely unpopular move.
actually not, but go ahead and try to prove your point.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #35
Johnykbr
Pro Bowler
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 733

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Hmmm...the fact that I'm in frequent contact with TPL insurance firms for my job that tell me almost that exact thing makes me pretty confident that I am correct. Also that whole working with CMS to get ACA compliant for the state MMIS I'm consulting on too. I suppose you could say I'm pretty familiar with the topic.

Insurance firms did not find out about all the fine print regulations of the ACA until days before its launch so they made premeditated moves to become compliant with the widely speculated rules. This involved cutting a lot of the plans that people were comfortable with. That's why delaying some of the portions of the law are pointless for your large insurance firms (not speaking about local state exchanges because they may behave differently and I'm not as familiar with all of them) because they aren't going to roll back just to implement again the same cuts next year.

So then back to what Errand said, it is becoming more and more frequent for companies to drop spousal coverage if the spouse can purchase their own insurance via their place of business because that can mask the amount the company is passing onto the employee in increased rates. It's not unethical, and not even a part of ACA so I disagree with him there, but it just sucks for those affected and I can only assume those companies are willing to take the talent hit.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:07 AM   #36
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Hmmm...the fact that I'm in frequent contact with TPL insurance firms for my job that tell me almost that exact thing makes me pretty confident that I am correct. Also that whole working with CMS to get ACA compliant for the state MMIS I'm consulting on too. I suppose you could say I'm pretty familiar with the topic.

Insurance firms did not find out about all the fine print regulations of the ACA until days before its launch so they made premeditated moves to become compliant with the widely speculated rules. This involved cutting a lot of the plans that people were comfortable with. That's why delaying some of the portions of the law are pointless for your large insurance firms (not speaking about local state exchanges because they may behave differently and I'm not as familiar with all of them) because they aren't going to roll back just to implement again the same cuts next year.

So then back to what Errand said, it is becoming more and more frequent for companies to drop spousal coverage if the spouse can purchase their own insurance via their place of business because that can mask the amount the company is passing onto the employee in increased rates. It's not unethical, and not even a part of ACA so I disagree with him there, but it just sucks for those affected and I can only assume those companies are willing to take the talent hit.
But the Obama supporters need to desperately cling to that idea that everyone will benefit in the end and be holding hands and signing songs to Obama's greatness, so you can't be believed. It just can't be true because Obama would never lie about anything. Reality interferes too often with utopia for them.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #37
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
But the Obama supporters need to desperately cling to that idea that everyone will benefit in the end and be holding hands and signing songs to Obama's greatness, so you can't be believed. It just can't be true because Obama would never lie about anything. Reality interferes too often with utopia for them.
Let's be real here: The only reason right-wingnuts like you aren't lining up to blow Obama is because (a) he's black, and (b) he's a Democrat.

The ACA was conceived by your buddies at Heritage, and it was beta tested as "Romneycare" before it was re-branded as "Obamacare."

Apparently, pesky little facts like these simply don't matter to Fox News-watching mouth breathers like you.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #38
Johnykbr
Pro Bowler
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 733

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
Let's be real here: The only reason right-wingnuts like you aren't lining up to blow Obama is because (a) he's black, and (b) he's a Democrat.

The ACA was conceived by your buddies at Heritage, and it was beta tested as "Romneycare" before it was re-branded as "Obamacare."

Apparently, pesky little facts like these simply don't matter to Fox News-watching mouth breathers like you.
The fact is that Romneycare can work in wealthy states that have a high degree of coverage to begin with. But all I can speak about is what I'm seeing and dealing with in the business as it currently stands and it is chaos. The scariest part of all this is the expansion of Medicaid option, which ironically was in Romneycare. Doctor's can very easily drop Medicaid since it takes a long time to get paid for services. Those patients are then going to be forced to either travel absurdly long distances or go to the ER for basic care since they won't be able to afford even the basic packages for Obamacare.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #39
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,042

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Hmmm...the fact that I'm in frequent contact with TPL insurance firms for my job that tell me almost that exact thing makes me pretty confident that I am correct. Also that whole working with CMS to get ACA compliant for the state MMIS I'm consulting on too. I suppose you could say I'm pretty familiar with the topic.

Insurance firms did not find out about all the fine print regulations of the ACA until days before its launch so they made premeditated moves to become compliant with the widely speculated rules. This involved cutting a lot of the plans that people were comfortable with. That's why delaying some of the portions of the law are pointless for your large insurance firms (not speaking about local state exchanges because they may behave differently and I'm not as familiar with all of them) because they aren't going to roll back just to implement again the same cuts next year.

So then back to what Errand said, it is becoming more and more frequent for companies to drop spousal coverage if the spouse can purchase their own insurance via their place of business because that can mask the amount the company is passing onto the employee in increased rates. It's not unethical, and not even a part of ACA so I disagree with him there, but it just sucks for those affected and I can only assume those companies are willing to take the talent hit.
BS. insurance companies practically wrote the damn law. which every insurance company has been aware of over the last 20 years when obamacare was first conceived by the heritage foundation. insurance co. are well aware of what's in obamacare, from 20 yrs ago when it was conceived,to romneycare to what they call it now.everybody and there mother knows what's in obamacare when it comes to ins. companies.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #40
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
The fact is that Romneycare can work in wealthy states that have a high degree of coverage to begin with. But all I can speak about is what I'm seeing and dealing with in the business as it currently stands and it is chaos. The scariest part of all this is the expansion of Medicaid option, which ironically was in Romneycare. Doctor's can very easily drop Medicaid since it takes a long time to get paid for services. Those patients are then going to be forced to either travel absurdly long distances or go to the ER for basic care since they won't be able to afford even the basic packages for Obamacare.
Yeah man, Kentucky is one wealthy state.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #41
Johnykbr
Pro Bowler
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 733

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
BS. insurance companies practically wrote the damn law. which every insurance company has been aware of over the last 20 years when obamacare was first conceived by the heritage foundation. insurance co. are well aware of what's in obamacare, from 20 yrs ago when it was conceived,to romneycare to what they call it now.everybody and there mother knows what's in obamacare when it comes to ins. companies.
BS to you. They had plenty of input but they had no idea what the specifics were. Why do you think actuaries were scrambling like mad to come up with rates that would be compliant? Everything prior to Go Live was a projection because they could not create the rates based of speculation. This is also the reason why you saw the delay of people being notified that they were going to lose their current plans.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #42
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Yeah man, Kentucky is one wealthy state.
L0L!
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #43
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
BS. insurance companies practically wrote the damn law. which every insurance company has been aware of over the last 20 years when obamacare was first conceived by the heritage foundation. insurance co. are well aware of what's in obamacare, from 20 yrs ago when it was conceived,to romneycare to what they call it now.everybody and there mother knows what's in obamacare when it comes to ins. companies.
Ding ding ding! Winner.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #44
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,915
Default

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #45
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,544

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #46
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,411

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post



Teahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................... ...........
ok 1% of the population cannot keep their health plan. Do you know why most of them can't keep their health plan? Because it doesn't meet the minimum standards set up by the ACA. It is basically a junk plan to lure people into payments but in reality offers very little coverage.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:53 PM   #47
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,411

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

Is anyone here really surprised that Republicans lie 3 times more?
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #48
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,216

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
ok 1% of the population cannot keep their health plan. Do you know why most of them can't keep their health plan? Because it doesn't meet the minimum standards set up by the ACA. It is basically a junk plan to lure people into payments but in reality offers very little coverage.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapoth...der-obamacare/

Quote:
“The Departments’ mid-range estimate is that 66 percent of small employer plans and 45 percent of large employer plans will relinquish their grandfather status by the end of 2013,” wrote the administration on page 34,552 of the Register. All in all, more than half of employer-sponsored plans will lose their “grandfather status” and become illegal. According to the Congressional Budget Office, 156 million Americans—more than half the population—was covered by employer-sponsored insurance in 2013.
1% my ass.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #49
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Embrace the Suck ................

Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #50
orinjkrush
...
 
orinjkrush's Avatar
 
Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: FrontRangeAbove8500ft
Posts: 5,186

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland
Default

republic-ism and democracy-ism are just two sociological faiths. neither is historically validated as THE way and the THE truth and THE light.

both are merely religious ideologies based on superstition. "if the facts do not conform to the faith, they must be disposed of."

And the politicians who participate in this theater of the absurd are disgusting vile creatures. IMHO
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Denver Broncos