The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default Israel to pay African asylum-seekers $3,500 to leave voluntarily

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/1.559988

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's cabinet voted unanimously on Sunday to allocate NIS 440 million to deal with African asylum-seekers in the coming year, with most of the money going toward a new detention center in the Negev. The ministers likewise voted as one to support a bill coming to the Knesset on Tuesday that would effectively keep the illegal migrants inside the detention center around the clock, even though it is billed as an "open" facility.

Most of the money approved will go to defray the cost of establishing and operating the Negev center, but some will also be spent on “increasing the personal safety” in south Tel Aviv, where many African migrants live. Some 550 new positions have been created to implement the program in the Public Security Ministry, the Population and Immigration Authority and the Economy Ministry.

The cabinet also approved a proposal by Interior Minister Gideon Sa’ar, supported by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, to raise from $1,500 to $3,500 the grant given to African migrants who agree to leave the country.

“We are determined to remove the tens of thousands of infiltrators who are here, after we lowered to zero the number of work-seeking infiltrators who have entered Israel’s cities,” Netanyahu said at the cabinet meeting. He said the measures the cabinet passed on Sunday were “proportionate and essential to protect the Jewish and democratic character of the state, and will restore security to Israel’s citizens, while maintaining the directives of the High Court and international law

wigs, houghtam, Denver brit, REQ etc..please comment...
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #2
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Comment on what?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
houghtam
Ring of Famer

I like Carolina barbecue more than St. Louis. Many people can't handle the spiciness.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Comment on what?
About the blatantly racist policies of Israel and How America continues to support Israel despite such policies....ala the WHITE GOVERNMENT in SOUTH AFRICA
Old 12-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I like Carolina barbecue more than St. Louis. Many people can't handle the spiciness.
Isn't Carolina BBQ vinagor based, IIRC? I think sauce should be on the side and let the meat and spices speak for themselves. Sometimes the sauce is used to cover up improperly BBQ meats. Having said that I love me some Texas brisket, the only good thing to come out of Texas
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #6
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
Isn't Carolina BBQ vinagor based, IIRC? I think sauce should be on the side and let the meat and spices speak for themselves. Sometimes the sauce is used to cover up improperly BBQ meats. Having said that I love me some Texas brisket, the only good thing to come out of Texas
More or less, although some SC styles are vinegar, mustard and spices. But you're right. Sauce always stays on the side. And if you need to ask why it looks like ketchup, run in the opposite direction.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #7
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Quote:
More or less, although some SC styles are vinegar, mustard and spices. But you're right. Sauce always stays on the side. And if you need to ask why it looks like ketchup, run in the opposite direction.
Never had mustard based sauce, is their a particular brand or label you would recommend to introduce someone to Carolina mustard sauce or a recipe, will try next time I BBQ
Old 12-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
Never had mustard based sauce, is their a particular brand or label you would recommend to introduce someone to Carolina mustard sauce or a recipe, will try next time I BBQ
http://www.food.com/recipe/carolina-...ld-sauce-70983

No particular brand, as my brother usually makes his own, but if you scroll down to the optional hot version, that's what his is based off of. It says tomato paste, but I'm not sure if that's what he really uses or not. Doesn't seem right.

Man, my mouth is watering now and I might try putting something together this week. I'm not much of a cook (pasta is more my speed), but I like to dabble. I might give it a try.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #9
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

You plebeians should be honored that I even allow you to carry on with such mindless banter...
Old 12-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #10
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
You plebeians should be honored that I even allow you to carry on with such mindless banter...
What are you going to do about it? You're powerless to stop it. And prepare your proverbial internet ass, because every thread you start from now on will be populated by food discussion. Have fun!

Old 12-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #11
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Although the World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest in Memphis in May had a small start in 1978, with only 26 teams, it rapidly grew. The contest drew 50 teams in 1979, 80 in 1980, and 180 teams from nine states in 1981. It has now grown to be the largest pork barbecue competition in the world. More than 250 teams from 20+ states and several countries compete, and an estimated 100,000 people attend the competition. Media from around the world, including the BBC and The Food Network, come to the city to cover the event.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #12
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

The South's 20 Best BBQ Joints

Take a culinary trip around the South to discover our favorite stops for each BBQ style.

http://www.southernliving.com/travel...0417000074005/
DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #13
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
The South's 20 Best BBQ Joints

Take a culinary trip around the South to discover our favorite stops for each BBQ style.

http://www.southernliving.com/travel...0417000074005/
All it takes is a bite of the rib tips–smoky-moist, dry-rubbed, slicked with a tangy sauce–to know you've arrived at the heart and soul of Memphis 'cue. The ribs are textbook with a peppery exterior, but meaty and tender on the inside.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #14
houghtam
Ring of Famer

When I lived in Birmingham I was amazed how many BBQ joints there were. And not just BBQ joints, but GOOD barbecue.

Jim & Nicks was my favorite, but where we lived there were literally 5 quality BBQ places within walking distance.

You just don't get that type of thing up north.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #15
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

When I lived in OKC, Leo's BBQ was the place.....then he got divorced, he and his wife split the two locations.

They were both good and gave me my first taste of US BBQ.
DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #16
Meck77

Wow....The United States ships billions to Israel and what do they do? Buy minorities out of their country? Unbelievable.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #17
W*GS
Ring of Famer

DADDY BRUCE BARBECUE SAUCE

1 c. catsup
1/2 c. hot sauce
3/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
2 c. vinegar
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 c. brown sugar
1 tbsp. salt
1/2 tbsp. pepper
1/2 c. lemon juice, freshly squeezed

Heat ingredients to dissolve sugar and bottle. Improves with time and shaking.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #18
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Israel's top 5 Barbecue Joints

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran..._District.html

Photos of benny the fiherman, Tel Aviv
This photo of benny the fiherman is courtesy of TripAdvisor
Old 12-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #19
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Anybody have experience with the Big Green Egg, thinking of getting one, seriously

Old 12-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #20
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

There are only two good bbq joints near me worth it.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #21
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
When I lived in Birmingham I was amazed how many BBQ joints there were. And not just BBQ joints, but GOOD barbecue.

Jim & Nicks was my favorite, but where we lived there were literally 5 quality BBQ places within walking distance.

You just don't get that type of thing up north.
Are you watching the Spartans game? Man I thought they had this game in the bag. They let Ohio State come back and take the lead. The fourth quarter's gonna be a nailbiter! Sorry for steering this thread off topic. Hickory or mesquite?
Old 12-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #22
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Are you watching the Spartans game? Man I thought they had this game in the bag. They let Ohio State come back and take the lead. The fourth quarter's gonna be a nailbiter! Sorry for steering this thread off topic. Hickory or mesquite?
Of course I'm watching. Let's see...basically my thought are these:

1) My sphincter hurts. That was a close one.

2) It's a damned shame we lost to Notre Dame.

3) Dantonio is the real deal. I sincerely hope he doesn't leave like Saban did. He will be a god in Lansing, because as Tom Izzo said, it doesn't matter what he does, it will always be a football town.

4) My elbow is bleeding from the TD to go up 27-24.

5) Having spent so much time in Ohio, I have a lot of friends I can't talk to for the next week.

6) For the first time in my life, I will be thankful for preseason rankings.

7) Oh my God, I can't believe we actually made it to the Rode Bowl for the first time in 26 years. I know for a lot of teams that's not that big a deal, but...they can licka my nutsa.

That's all I got for now.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #23
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Also I'm about as drunk as drunk gets.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #24
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/1.559988

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's cabinet voted unanimously on Sunday to allocate NIS 440 million to deal with African asylum-seekers in the coming year, with most of the money going toward a new detention center in the Negev. The ministers likewise voted as one to support a bill coming to the Knesset on Tuesday that would effectively keep the illegal migrants inside the detention center around the clock, even though it is billed as an "open" facility.

Most of the money approved will go to defray the cost of establishing and operating the Negev center, but some will also be spent on “increasing the personal safety” in south Tel Aviv, where many African migrants live. Some 550 new positions have been created to implement the program in the Public Security Ministry, the Population and Immigration Authority and the Economy Ministry.

The cabinet also approved a proposal by Interior Minister Gideon Sa’ar, supported by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, to raise from $1,500 to $3,500 the grant given to African migrants who agree to leave the country.

“We are determined to remove the tens of thousands of infiltrators who are here, after we lowered to zero the number of work-seeking infiltrators who have entered Israel’s cities,” Netanyahu said at the cabinet meeting. He said the measures the cabinet passed on Sunday were “proportionate and essential to protect the Jewish and democratic character of the state, and will restore security to Israel’s citizens, while maintaining the directives of the High Court and international law

wigs, houghtam, Denver brit, REQ etc..please comment...
So they want to reduce the amount of African Asylum seekers and their plan includes RAISING the amount of grant money offered to African Migrants to leave the country? If I am an African Asylum Union Member, my ass is SPRINTING to Isreal.

And what in the hell is an "African Migrant". There are 54 countries which are members of the African Union. That is like saying there is a huge problem with North American illegal immigrants affecting the United States right now.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:19 AM   #25
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
So they want to reduce the amount of African Asylum seekers and their plan includes RAISING the amount of grant money offered to African Migrants to leave the country? If I am an African Asylum Union Member, my ass is SPRINTING to Isreal.

And what in the hell is an "African Migrant". There are 54 countries which are members of the African Union. That is like saying there is a huge problem with North American illegal immigrants affecting the United States right now.
Sorry, I don't see a food recommendation here......