The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #76
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

in the spirit of the last 3 weeks and just incase there are chorf fans reading this thread:

Attached Images

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #77
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Yes game has passed him by if he has to pick staff, players, draft etc. I think he can still gameplan and call plays just fine.
I agree totally. Still one of the better X's and O's guys. But clearly can't be trusted to draft and run the whole show.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #78
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
RG3 evaluation does not excuse shanny for consistently fielding teams with pathetic special teams, and mediocre defenses.
shanny is an incompetent head coach, marginal OC depending on the talent of his QB.
Oh yea, I was merely trying to point out that RG3 actually masked a lot of issues last year.

And so like you, I blame the guy making personnel decisions.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #79
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Here's the thing. I don't think Mike Shanahan is as involved in as much as some people think on any team he's coached in the past decade. I think he expects the people he hires to handle that with guidance from him. It's what most C-Level Exes do from my experience.

If he does all the game planning and what not...wtf does he need his kid or Haslett for?

And that's another thing. He is involved with game planning the defense. I've heard a number of players say that over the years.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #80
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Here's the thing. I don't think Mike Shanahan is as involved in as much as some people think on any team he's coached in the past decade. I think he expects the people he hires to handle that with guidance from him. It's what most C-Level Exes do from my experience.

If he does all the game planning and what not...wtf does he need his kid or Haslett for?

And that's another thing. He is involved with game planning the defense. I've heard a number of players say that over the years.
Whether or not he's involved with the game planning as much as we think, Shanahan is the HC. And we all know that the HC takes the responsibility for the teams record. Whether he was against the trade to get RGIII, or was told to play him against his judgement is also a moot point.

The Redskins are paying a high price for a 2nd year RGIII in both Win/loss and draft picks. And that falls on the HC again.

The only way Shanahan stays the head coach is if Snyder takes the fall for the decisions, and maybe if he doesn't want to pay for another coaches salary and paying Shanny for another year. Not many Owners will own up to that.
ScottXray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #81
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

In Denver, he placed his career in the loose-canon hands of Jay Cutler.

In Washington, in the injury-prone QB style of RGIII.

The man takes risks. They just haven't worked out since '05.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #82
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Whether or not he's involved with the game planning as much as we think, Shanahan is the HC. And we all know that the HC takes the responsibility for the teams record. Whether he was against the trade to get RGIII, or was told to play him against his judgement is also a moot point.

The Redskins are paying a high price for a 2nd year RGIII in both Win/loss and draft picks. And that falls on the HC again.

The only way Shanahan stays the head coach is if Snyder takes the fall for the decisions, and maybe if he doesn't want to pay for another coaches salary and paying Shanny for another year. Not many Owners will own up to that.
I agree...but I think it gets to be a weird relationship with a head coach on a 1 year deal and no extention. I think Snyder has to make a move this off-season.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #83
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blart View Post
In Denver, he placed his career in the loose-canon hands of Jay Cutler.

In Washington, in the injury-prone QB style of RGIII.

The man takes risks. They just haven't worked out since '05.
shanny has AWAYS depended on his QB to make him look smart.
elway
young
montana,
shanny was a genius !
lesser QBNs or an imobile RG3 , suddenly shanny aint so smart?
shanny is over-rated, and not a well qualified HC.
he has only coached TWO positions his entire football life !
WR and QB, thats it !
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #84
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post

the people/ coaches he hires?
name the last worthwhile asst, coach or co-ordinator that shanny has hired other than
gibbs, turner
and kubiak?
go ahead, name one. he has been a HC since 1995, name one.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #85
uplink
Ring of Famer

I can't see Shanny working as a coordinator if he is fired again, and he didn't do it after the broncos fired him. The coaches that still have it aren't too lofty to take a humble step back. You need to approach things humbly for success often. If Belichick were mysteriously fired and didn't get another job, or course he'd be coordinating even though he has a better resume than Shanny. I like Shanny but I do think he let his ego get the best of him since the superbowl wins.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #86
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

The NFL Coaches Merry-Go-Round is a tightly closed fraternity and very hard to get onboard. You usually never get kicked off the ride but just change horses. There are exceptions for some former players like Kubiak and of course nepotism if your name is Phillips, Shahahan, Schottenheimer or Ryan.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #87
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

I doubt they fire Shanny. They'll just add some pieces in FA and rebuild. Now Haslett or Kyle though...
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #88
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I doubt they fire Shanny. They'll just add some pieces in FA and rebuild. Now Haslett or Kyle though...
I can't imagine him firing Kyle. Heck, he wouldn't fire Bob Slowik, even though the entire football world realized he wasn't just inept, he was actually the epitome of evil. I mean, here you have a guy who actually took away years of our lives - years that we will never, ever get back. For all we know, Slowik would go home at night and physically abuse kittens and baby pandas. I'm not saying he did - but he probably did. And what did Shanahan do? He may as well have driven him to the petting zoo.

I mean, if he allows a guy like that on his sideline, do you really think he'll get rid of his own son?

Speaking of Bob Slowik, were you all aware he was the LB coach for the Redskins? I totally missed that. Now, I feel angry - it's like the wounds have been newly ripped open. I love me some Mike Shanahan - I really do! But come on! There is something very strange in Mike Shanahan's past, and he's willing to do ANYTHING to keep it from seeing the light of day. Like, maybe he broke into a barn one night, and started making sex with a sheep. Suddenly, right in the middle of the filthy act, the lights come on, and there, in the rafters, are Bob Slowik, Travis McGriff, maybe Kevin Kasper and Ian Gold, Nate Jackson - and probably a handful of other guys that I am forgetting - and they all have cameras.

I don't know. I'm just thinking out loud here. I just know there is something really strange going on. There seems to be no consistent thread to Shanahan's bizarre loyalties.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #89
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

red faced shanny will be retained as the team mascot.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #90
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
See I have beef with Haslett getting fired. It's shanahan providing him with the personnel.

IMO, it's not haslett. That guy is a pretty solid D Coordinator. He was ****ing creative with all the blitzes and schemes during the 7 game winning streak. He got so much out of crappy personnel.

But I am sure he will take the fall for the embarrassing results, just like other guys under shanahan have...
Old 12-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #91
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
See I have beef with Haslett getting fired. It's shanahan providing him with the personnel.

IMO, it's not haslett. That guy is a pretty solid D Coordinator. He was ****ing creative with all the blitzes and schemes during the 7 game winning streak. He got so much out of crappy personnel.

But I am sure he will take the fall for the embarrassing results, just like other guys under shanahan have...
He will fire him and promote slowick.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #92
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I can't imagine him firing Kyle. Heck, he wouldn't fire Bob Slowik, even though the entire football world realized he wasn't just inept, he was actually the epitome of evil. I mean, here you have a guy who actually took away years of our lives - years that we will never, ever get back. For all we know, Slowik would go home at night and physically abuse kittens and baby pandas. I'm not saying he did - but he probably did. And what did Shanahan do? He may as well have driven him to the petting zoo.

I mean, if he allows a guy like that on his sideline, do you really think he'll get rid of his own son?

Speaking of Bob Slowik, were you all aware he was the LB coach for the Redskins? I totally missed that. Now, I feel angry - it's like the wounds have been newly ripped open. I love me some Mike Shanahan - I really do! But come on! There is something very strange in Mike Shanahan's past, and he's willing to do ANYTHING to keep it from seeing the light of day. Like, maybe he broke into a barn one night, and started making sex with a sheep. Suddenly, right in the middle of the filthy act, the lights come on, and there, in the rafters, are Bob Slowik, Travis McGriff, maybe Kevin Kasper and Ian Gold, Nate Jackson - and probably a handful of other guys that I am forgetting - and they all have cameras.

I don't know. I'm just thinking out loud here. I just know there is something really strange going on. There seems to be no consistent thread to Shanahan's bizarre loyalties.
I was mostly just kidding about Kyle. Basically alluding to him essentially firing himself for not canning Slowik. He's actually one of the bright spots on that staff.

Yes I know Slowik is the LB coach. I laughed when I first saw that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post

I'm thinking more along the lines of someone being the sacrificial lamb. Haslett is his best DC hire in quite some time. Probably since Robinson was actually a decent NFL DC.
Washington badly needs to fix their D personnel and get RGIII a stud WR. Garcon is not a true #1.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #93
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'd make a comment but I fear I would be attacked. because I don't know what I am talking about.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #94
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
He will fire him and promote slowick.
There is no way on earth Snyder would ever put up with that as the DC choice when he has to pay for it. He would fire Shanny on the spot.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #95
uplink
Ring of Famer

I think Shanny will be fired unless the skins win most of their remaining games or if RGIII goes to bat for Shanny with Synder. Synder has a history of catering to his favorite players, and that is RGIII at the moment. If RGIII wants Shanny gone, he'll be gone.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #96
uplink
Ring of Famer

If it does go the firing route this is how I think it will go down: I think Synder will ask Shanny for some coordinator changes and Shanny will say no, then Synder will fire him.
Similar to when Shanny was fired by Bowlen.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:13 AM   #97
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
I think Shanny will be fired unless the skins win most of their remaining games or if RGIII goes to bat for Shanny with Synder. Synder has a history of catering to his favorite players, and that is RGIII at the moment. If RGIII wants Shanny gone, he'll be gone.
The "give up" factor will be important. If they lay down and get blown out in a few games, then shanahan may be in trouble.

If they compete well, he will most likely be back until **** goes wrong early next season.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:23 AM   #98
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

don't think it matters if the skins lose all their remaining games.. Shanny stays
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:06 AM   #99
mennonite
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7 View Post
don't think it matters if the skins lose all their remaining games.. Shanny stays
I bet he told you that personally, right?
mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:17 AM   #100
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

if kubiak gets canned, 75% chance, shanny will hire him instantly, and that will be his salvation.
I dont think RG3 is all that enamoured with shanny , so its unlikely he would demand that shanny remain.
shanny will however be an outstanding RED SKIN mascot.