The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default 2012 QB Draft Class

Just looking at this class of QB's and what they've done so far. Obviously still very early and many things can happen but this could turn out to be one awesome class of QB's, best in a long long time.

Luck
Griffin III
Tannehill
Wilson
Foles

Osweiler?
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

I said it leading up to the draft and I will say it now. In 5 years Foles will be the best of the class. Osweiler will be very good, but Foles will be cream of the crop. Luck's hype was too much and he will never live up to it.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

The best part is Shanahan and the Redskins tanking so bad that the Rams will get a Top 5 pick, if not the same pick they traded up to get RGIII @ two years ago. .
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

They need to shake things up in Indy. They brought in his old OC from college, drafted his TE, brought in a former WR.

Luck is obviously a great talent in QB but they need to stop trying to replicate what he did at Stanford. This is the NFL.

And they blew it with Richardson. It won't happen because of what they gave up for him but they should probably just cut their losses at the end of the year.
boltaneer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #5
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I said it leading up to the draft and I will say it now. In 5 years Foles will be the best of the class. Osweiler will be very good, but Foles will be cream of the crop. Luck's hype was too much and he will never live up to it.
I seriously wanted Foles in that draft as well. He even looked like Elway kinda. We'll see how Osweiler turns out. He is sitting behind a legend and getting to learn but Foles just looks like he's turning it on big time. Love how he protects the ball too. You don't see that from many young QB's. They normally throw picks all over the place. I still think Luck could turn out to be the best. I've watched alot of his games this year and he's had just a **** ton of dropped passes on him. He's solid. Griffin obviously is trending downward.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #6
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

2012 is masked by the read option for two guys - RG3 and Wilson - but that looks like a good class of QB's longterm. That will be one of the best overall classes, IMO.

Osweiler? Dude doesn't even get a chance to get reps with the first teamers, so who knows? I'll admire the guy if he can duplicate what Aaron Rodgers did by maintaining his concentration and stepping up into an HOF's shoes.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #7
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

In five years, all anyone will be talking about will be LIVING LIFE TO IT'S FULLEST; because the burrito-eating, Buddhist-spouting QB who plays for the predominantly-orange good guys will have just finished his second 60-TD season!

People will be all, "Hey, remember that quarterback class of 2012! There was Brock Osweiler, and, um - WHO CARES? IT'S THE CLASS OF BROCK OSWEILER!"
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #8
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

#Brockweiler4lyfe
crush17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #9
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I still like Luck the best of this bunch but man you're right Foles has looked good. He reminds me of Peyton Manning a little bit in that what he lacks in physical tools he seems to make up for in smarts. Kid just plays good, smart football. Mastered Kelly's offense, reads defenses, reacts to blitzes well, doesn't make bad throws and stupid plays, etc. I'm glad we played the Eagles when we did because Foles has transformed that O, and their D has improved dramatically. And unlike most teams in the league they've avoided injuries. They're a couple of DB's and maybe a big WR away from being a serious playoff contender.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #10
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I still like Luck the best of this bunch but man you're right Foles has looked good. He reminds me of Peyton Manning a little bit in that what he lacks in physical tools he seems to make up for in smarts. Kid just plays good, smart football. Mastered Kelly's offense, reads defenses, reacts to blitzes well, doesn't make bad throws and stupid plays, etc. I'm glad we played the Eagles when we did because Foles has transformed that O, and their D has improved dramatically. And unlike most teams in the league they've avoided injuries. They're a couple of DB's and maybe a big WR away from being a serious playoff contender.
? What does Foles lack in physical tools? He's 6'6, got good arm strength and decent wheels for a guy his size. Am I missing something?

Last edited by ZONA; 12-03-2013 at 05:15 PM..
Old 12-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #11
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
#Brockweiler4lyfe
Or if he does bad. . .

It's the #hardbrocklifeforus
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #12
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
? What does Foles lack in physical tools? He's 6'6, got good arm strength and decent wheels for a guy his size. Am I missing something?
He doesn't have a cannon arm and he's not terribly mobile. Not remotely the athlete of guys like Luck, Wilson, or RGIII.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #13
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
He doesn't have a cannon arm and he's not terribly mobile. Not remotely the athlete of guys like Luck, Wilson, or RGIII.
Oh I know he's not an athlete to the likes of Wilson and RG3. But I really don't think that's the margin for QB's. Now a guy who can't move at all, like Brady, or Manning, that's what you call a "LACK" of mobility. Foles has pretty decent wheels. Not going to run like Wilson, but then Wilson runs more like a WR or RB. Luck doesn't run like Wilson and RG3 either. He's a tad more faster then Foles but not terribly faster. I get what you're after though. He's not an elite physical talent but I wouldn't say he's got short comings in those areas and that he has to make up for it, as you would say with a Manning or Brady type of QB. And same with his arm. He's not got a rifle like Vick, that's why I changed that comment, but he can make all the throws and his ball does have good zip and a tight spiral. Again, not elite but not what you could call a lack of physical ability.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #14
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
The three greatest QBs of the past decade (Manning, Brady, and Brees) have not had cannon arms or great mobility. I think you are looking for the wrong things in a QB. Nick Foles' physical abilities are fine.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:05 AM   #15
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
The three greatest QBs of the past decade (Manning, Brady, and Brees) have not had cannon arms or great mobility. I think you are looking for the wrong things in a QB. Nick Foles' physical abilities are fine.
No, you're just misinterpreting what I'm saying. Zona summed it up pretty well in the post above. I wasn't being critical of Foles, in fact to the contrary. And I think if you read my post more carefully you'll see that. I'm just saying that he isn't an elite physical talent like Luck, but he makes up for it by being a heady football player.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #16
Punisher
Styling And Profiling!

Running Wild in the AFC WOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

Bizzard of OZ all day baby cakes
Punisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #17
Bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Talib

Are any of the other qb's from that draft 6'9? Yeah, Brock all day.
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #18
Powderaddict
Koolaid Homer

Sissies Ite Domum!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
2012 is masked by the read option for two guys - RG3 and Wilson - but that looks like a good class of QB's longterm. That will be one of the best overall classes, IMO.

Osweiler? Dude doesn't even get a chance to get reps with the first teamers, so who knows? I'll admire the guy if he can duplicate what Aaron Rodgers did by maintaining his concentration and stepping up into an HOF's shoes.
He's been getting 1st team reps every Wednesday for at least the past 3 weeks.
Powderaddict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #19
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
Are any of the other qb's from that draft 6'9? Yeah, Brock all day.
I agree.

Sincerely,

Dan McGwire
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #20
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

once the colts fix that OL, the sky is the limit for Luck
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #21
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

I think people are bailing on RG 3 way too early. I gained a whole bunch of respect for him as we pounded on him several weeks ago. He kept getting up, until he had to tap out.

Rolle (Giants) is right, RG 3 is taking a beating this year. He'll be back, he just needs a little more time.
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #22
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

Can't believe people are sleeping on Wilson. He will be the best of the class when it is all said and done. He isn't just a read option QB, far from it. Dude assess defenses, plays smart and just wins. He reminds me a lot of Brees (who is very mobile by the way). Listening to his interviews, his intelligence just jumps off the charts. The biggest thing for me with Manning Brady Brees and to a lesser degree Rogers is their intelligence compared with other veteran QB's (Phyills, Romo, Culter, Flacco, etc). You know they study hard, work hard, and understand the game. Listening to RGIII and Luck compared to Wilson is actually painful.

Foles could jump up as well.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #23
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
Can't believe people are sleeping on Wilson. He will be the best of the class when it is all said and done. He isn't just a read option QB, far from it. Dude assess defenses, plays smart and just wins. He reminds me a lot of Brees (who is very mobile by the way). Listening to his interviews, his intelligence just jumps off the charts. The biggest thing for me with Manning Brady Brees and to a lesser degree Rogers is their intelligence compared with other veteran QB's (Phyills, Romo, Culter, Flacco, etc). You know they study hard, work hard, and understand the game. Listening to RGIII and Luck compared to Wilson is actually painful.

Foles could jump up as well.
yep, Wilson, as of now is the best QB in this class but he's surrounded by a great team. Luck, long term, has the biggest upside but this Indy team is young and has a lot of holes (lol at all the draft experts who were sucking the colts off after last year blah blahing how great their draft was, Luck was a no brainer and the rest of the pics a big meh IMHO). RG3 still has to potential to outshine everyone but he's taking a pounding (something Wilson is not doing). Nick Foles certainly appears to be the real deal but he needs more than 6 games to prove he's a keeper. Then there's Brock. We won't know jack didly crap until he actually, yah know, plays a few real games. That's not gonna come for 2 more years.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #24
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Tannehill may be a pretty good QB over the long haul but he should have never started last year. But the moron owner of the moron phins team who is now dealing with a moron GM and a moron HC, well, it's a moron organization from top to bottom and poor old Tanny is stuck in the middle.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #25
Bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Talib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
I agree.

Sincerely,

Dan McGwire
McGwire was only 6-8 so Brock has a few inches and more potential