The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Whom does Den NOT want to play in a SB?...
Saints 7 9.33%
Panthers 7 9.33%
49'ers 2 2.67%
Seahawks 52 69.33%
Lions 6 8.00%
Cowboys 1 1.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #51
itswutz4dinna
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I really don't think the Seahawks would be a bad matchup. Our defense is great against the run and mobile QB's. Our best performances of the last two years have been against RG3 and Newton. Yes the Seahawks are better than those offenses were but I still think we'd hold up better than against New Orleans, Detroit, or Dallas. Detroit is inconsistent so I doubt they make it, but they're also the type of team that can be the spoiler for one of the top teams like Seattle, and then blow it the next week.

The game would still come down to turnovers and officiating, as both of our losses did this year. This past KC game was the first time this year that a team has correctly been flagged for offensive holding and DPI against us, and it made winning impossible for the Chiefs. If the Seahawks can do whatever they want to our pass-rushers and receivers like most teams do then it would be a game, but I still think we'd win. Unless of course we're -4 in turnovers.
itswutz4dinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #52
AZOrange 1
missing home

The Old Days

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Seattle Seahawks, bring them on I want to beat the best.

Seagulls, Seachickens, Yawnhawks, Cheesehawks, Weehawks, Water Chickens, Seahags, Chickenhawks, Seachix, Seahacks, Seaducks, Seasquawks, Weakhawks, Chicks, Winged Water Rats, Seahonks, Seaslugs, Ospreys

http://foreshock.wordpress.com/origi...goodbadoldnew/
That's my boy!!! Tell it like it is!!
AZOrange 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #53
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

I think both the Seahags and Aints fear having to play Denver at a neutral site.

FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #54
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I honestly believe Denver can overpower anyone. Yes, turnovers change any game, but the Broncos have shown a remarkable resilience, and the RBs are getting better and better at, not just holding onto the ball, but pounding an opposing defense into submission.

A solid running game added to an offense with Peyton Manning and that crew of receivers can be more than just explosive, it can just bury opponents. Anybody.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #55
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

An interesting side note re: the Seahawks -- no team in the NFL has handed them more defeats than our Denver Broncos.

Denver: 34 wins
Seattle: 18 wins

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ad-to-head.htm

Also interesting -- the Chargers are the only AFC West team that has a losing record vs. the Seahawks. They're 18-32 vs. the Chefs and 23-23 vs. the Raiders.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #56
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

eh, I'm sorta in game by game mode right now. With all the injuries we've had, and the BS that went down last year, no way, I'm taking it game by game. No vote for me.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #57
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
An interesting side note re: the Seahawks -- no team in the NFL has handed them more defeats than our Denver Broncos.

Denver: 34 wins
Seattle: 18 wins

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ad-to-head.htm

Also interesting -- the Chargers are the only AFC West team that has a losing record vs. the Seahawks. They're 18-32 vs. the Chefs and 23-23 vs. the Raiders.
Well most of that comes from when they were in the AFC west. And they were an expansion team to start. Didn't they come in the same year as Tampa?

At any rate the record in the last 7-8(?) years when they moved to the NFC is what is most relevant.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #58
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Well most of that comes from when they were in the AFC west. And they were an expansion team to start. Didn't they come in the same year as Tampa?

At any rate the record in the last 7-8(?) years when they moved to the NFC is what is most relevant.
Since 2000, we've won 5 and lost 2 vs. the Seahawks; never scoring fewer than 20 points.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...tm2=den&yr=all

I think they moved to the NFC in 2001 'cause there were 2 Broncos-Seahawks games in 2000 (we won both).
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #59
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Seahawks by far would be the toughest draw. Not a good matchup for the Broncos. After that probably San Fran and then Carolina.
Seattle does have a good team, and will probably win the NFC...but it is on a neutral field, on the East coast....

Seattle went 11-5 last season, and are 11-1 this year, but keep in mind the Seahawks are 14-0 at home during the Russell Wilson era.....which means they're 8-6 on the road during the Wilson era.

Without their 12th man fans and alleged piped in crowd noise, they're pretty mediocre outside of Seattle.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #60
WoodMan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Seattle Seahawks, bring them on I want to beat the best.

Seagulls, Seachickens, Yawnhawks, Cheesehawks, Weehawks, Water Chickens, Seahags, Chickenhawks, Seachix, Seahacks, Seaducks, Seasquawks, Weakhawks, Chicks, Winged Water Rats, Seahonks, Seaslugs, Ospreys

http://foreshock.wordpress.com/origi...goodbadoldnew/
I liked that list. I have been calling the Faders--Chokeland for far too long. Their inept franchise has earned a new nickname: Jokeland.
WoodMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #61
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

This thread should've been aborted...
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #62
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Pete won't be struttin against us.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #63
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
WTF is this ****? Clear your minds everyone. Don't vote. This is like when Gozer asked the Ghostbusters to choose the form of their destructor.
Better not talk about Ghostbusters.

Google ads might come after us.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #64
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlen’s Legacy

Way premature but Denver-Seattle would be an amazing matchup.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #65
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
I really don't think the Seahawks would be a bad matchup. Our defense is great against the run and mobile QB's. Our best performances of the last two years have been against RG3 and Newton. Yes the Seahawks are better than those offenses were but I still think we'd hold up better than against New Orleans, Detroit, or Dallas. Detroit is inconsistent so I doubt they make it, but they're also the type of team that can be the spoiler for one of the top teams like Seattle, and then blow it the next week.

The game would still come down to turnovers and officiating, as both of our losses did this year. This past KC game was the first time this year that a team has correctly been flagged for offensive holding and DPI against us, and it made winning impossible for the Chiefs. If the Seahawks can do whatever they want to our pass-rushers and receivers like most teams do then it would be a game, but I still think we'd win. Unless of course we're -4 in turnovers.
Ummm...what? Impossible? We were a Mike Adams swat away from going into overtime...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #66
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Seattle is the scariest because they feast on teams' ****ups. Denver likes to ****up early a lot. The other teams would let us back in the game. Seattle goes ape**** after a ****up and there's basically no coming back.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #67
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Seattle matches up the best if at home; but super bowl is not at home lol.

I think the 49ers would give the Broncos fits on a neutral site.

It's all about a physical defense with a pass rush. (see NY Giants against Pats)
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #68
Bronco Yoda

I would love to see the Broncos curb stomp the 49ers 56-0.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #69
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
that's true, but they have an easy schedule. They struggled at home against the vikings and bucs
They beat Carolina on the road.

I am officially on the Cowboys to the SB Bandwagon
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:21 AM   #70
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Chase Stuart has the Broncos #1 overall:

http://www.footballperspective.com/w...ower-rankings/

For those who keep talking about Seattle home vs. away:

Quote:
■Much is made of Seattle’s home field advantage, and for good reason. But the Seahawks have an average rating of 3.8 in their home games and 3.9 in their road games, so I’m not sure how much the narrative is holding up this year. Seattle is just a great team, and great teams often look completely dominant at home. On the other hand, the narrative about the Saints is true, at least in 20132: New Orleans has a 2.7 rating in home games and a 6.5 rating in road games; that 3.8 point differential is the largest in the NFL. The other teams with the biggest improvements at home? Cincinnati (+3.0), New England (+2.6), Arizona (+2.5), Buffalo (+2.3), and Baltimore (+2.0). The worst teams at home? Jacksonville (-4.3), Philadelphia (-3.7), Kansas City (-3.3), Minnesota (-2.8), and San Francisco (-2.2). As always, take ratings based on sample sizes of 4-7 games with a handful of salt, especially when they involve backup quarterbacks.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote