The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #1301
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

24.....no one hires someone with the chief goal being hopefully the vacancy created forces our rival to go there....ohh and if Sark ends up being good, that's a cherry on top for us. Nobody thinks that way. BTW I didn't say he was a great hire. He is inferior to alot of coaches, but I'm just saying that this idea that the grand plan for USC was to push Mora out and they are willing to accept that Sark might suck just so long as they get Mora out. That's absurd.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #1302
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
24.....no one hires someone with the chief goal being hopefully the vacancy created forces our rival to go there....ohh and if Sark ends up being good, that's a cherry on top for us.
Never said it was the chief goal of Haden's, but it certainly was a factor.

Quote:
BTW I didn't say he was a great hire. He is inferior to alot of coaches,
Given that, why did South Central hire him? He's inferior to a lot of coaches and isn't even a great coach within the conference. Why hire this guy? He's a Kiffin clone to boot.

Quote:
but I'm just saying that this idea that the grand plan for USC was to push Mora out and they are willing to accept that Sark might suck just so long as they get Mora out. That's absurd.
South Central was supposedly ready to plunk down 6.5 million or more for a HC. Think about it, they were ready to make a splashy hire but hire a mediocre coach. Two conclusions I have arrived at with regards to the Snark hire. One, Haden hired Snark to ride out the sanctions and get boosters to plunk down some major cash for a big time coach so they can win Championships. Second, South Central is getting beat in the recruiting and on the field to UCLA, that is a major problem for them. Knowing Haden, who is a smart guy, Rhodes Scholar, calculated this into his decision. I have no doubt it did, because UCLA is not known to pony up big bucks and has weak leadership when it comes to supporting its football program. I have no doubt Haden calculated that into his decision.

UCLA is already making commitments to a state of the art football facility. Here is Mora talking about it.

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #1303
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

OMG, YOU GUYS! ALABAMA CONSPIRACY THEORISTS ARE RIGHT! CHRIS DAVIS DID STEP OUT OF BOUNDS!

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #1304
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
OMG, YOU GUYS! ALABAMA CONSPIRACY THEORISTS ARE RIGHT! CHRIS DAVIS DID STEP OUT OF BOUNDS!

GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #1305
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Florida SAO will announce tomorrow whether Jameis will be charged.

Everything I am hearing suggests he will not be charged.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #1306
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Young Punk getting owned by Old Man at ASU game

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #1307
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #1308
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
I forget...was there 2 undefeated teams ahead of Florida in 2006?

I'll give you a hint.

No.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #1309
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post

I'll give you a hint.

No.
It doesnt matter dude. Now that Jameis is in the clear, whoever the opponent is is done.

As much as I hate OSU and Meyer and I truly hate both, I will root for you against FSU, but you don't have the athletes to run with them. This is no disrespect to your roster, it's damn good, but FSU is on a whole other level.

Your defense is leaky, too. It doesn't matter anymore who is No. 2.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #1310
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I'll give you a hint.

No.
You're telling me that Urban Meyer wouldn't be saying the same thing again if he was back in the SEC....no matter if there were 2 undefeated teams ahead of his team?

I'll give you a hint.

Yes.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #1311
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

For the record, if Ohio State beats Sparty, they should play in the National Championship Game, in my opinion.

I'm a Big Ten fan and don't want to see an undefeated team from the conference getting screwed over, even if it's the hated Buckeyes.

I just like poking Urban Meyer and Ohio State fans with a stick now and then.

These grapes, they're sour....I have no problem admitting it.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #1312
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
You're telling me that Urban Meyer wouldn't be saying the same thing again if he was back in the SEC....no matter if there were 2 undefeated teams ahead of his team?

I'll give you a hint.

Yes.
He'd say that...and he wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

The SEC is so damn overrated.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #1313
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
For the record, if Ohio State beats Sparty, they should play in the National Championship Game, in my opinion.

I'm a Big Ten fan and don't want to see an undefeated team from the conference getting screwed over, even if it's the hated Buckeyes.

I just like poking Urban Meyer and Ohio State fans with a stick now and then.

These grapes, they're sour....I have no problem admitting it.
I'm just glad the BCS is dead after this year.

Bring on the playoffs already!

Hell of a game last Saturday...your boys played damn good football.

What are your thoughts on Hoke?
Old 12-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #1314
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Thanks....I fully expected Michigan to get blown out and was proud of the way they battled. I had no problem with Hoke going for the 2 point conversion....wasn't a big fan of the actual play call, but I thought going for the two point conversion was the right call, as Michigan couldn't stop Braxton Miller and Carlos Hyde (who I think will be an excellent pro) when either of them ran the ball.

I know a lot of Michigan fans are calling for Brady Hoke's head after this season, but I think that's a knee jerk reaction. I wouldn't mind seeing offensive coordinator Al Borges or offensive line coach Darrell Funk hit the road, but it sounds like both will be staying.

Brady Hoke has done an excellent job recruiting and he deserves a chance to build the team in his vision, with his recruits. The biggest disappointment for me this season was the inept and soft play of the offensive line. I know all of the interior lineman were freshmen or sophomores, but they were highly rated recruits and I expect a much higher and more physical level of play from a Michigan offensive line. Brady Hoke has made recruiting stud offensive lineman a high priority and after 3 years, I expected him to have built a bad ass line that mauls opponents and allows the RBs to dominate. Maybe they need a year of getting stronger and meaner, but that line is going to have play better next season and into the future if they want to compete for Big Ten Championships.

I'll give Brady Hoke another year or two before I start to get really impatient with him. I really like Brady Hoke as a person and know Michigan is his dream job and would love to see him succeed at Michigan.

Besides, I'm a fan of continuity and Michigan booted Rich Rodriguez after 3 seasons, which I was fine with as he didn't have much internal support from within and he always had factions at Michigan working against him behind the scenes. It didn't feel like a good fit and that's partially the fault of those working against him within the Michigan football family. Brady Hoke is seen as a 'Michigan Man' and thus will get more support and a few more seasons to prove himself. I don't really want to start over again before giving Brady Hoke a chance to build the program.

My dream coach at Michigan would have been Jim Harbaugh, but he wanted to coach in the NFL. Harbaugh is a real prick, but he would have been the perfect coach at Michigan if he had wanted to come back to coach his alma mater. I have no doubt that Harbaugh would have come to Michigan and turned them into a bad ass physical team very quickly.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #1315
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

I would hate Harbaugh at UM...because they would be good/great every single year. I just can't see him giving up competing for a Super Bowl every year to chase around 17 year old kids around in December...

Hoke is a good coach. Already won a BCS game and has been a worthy adversary to OSU in his 3 years.

The only way Hoke is axed is if UM has their "Urban Meyer" ready to go. That would be a Harbaugh or Les Miles type...
Old 12-04-2013, 10:35 PM   #1316
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I would hate Harbaugh at UM...because they would be good/great every single year. I just can't see him giving up competing for a Super Bowl every year to chase around 17 year old kids around in December...

Hoke is a good coach. Already won a BCS game and has been a worthy adversary to OSU in his 3 years.

The only way Hoke is axed is if UM has their "Urban Meyer" ready to go. That would be a Harbaugh or Les Miles type...
I agree....if Jim Harbaugh would have wanted to coach at Michigan it would have happened 3 year ago when he left Stanford for the 49ers. Michigan showed some interest in Harbaugh, but it was apparent that he wanted to coach in the NFL.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #1317
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

As a Michigan Man, this is something you might find fascinating reading, SSJ.

http://www.amazon.com/Three-Out-Rodr.../dp/B0085RZPY6

Seems this was very thorough and very well done. One Canes fan on one of the Miami forums I frequent was raving about this book even though he has no connection to Michigan or Rich Rod. Might get a copy myself.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #1318
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
As a Michigan Man, this is something you might find fascinating reading, SSJ.

http://www.amazon.com/Three-Out-Rodr.../dp/B0085RZPY6

Seems this was very thorough and very well done. One Canes fan on one of the Miami forums I frequent was raving about this book even though he has no connection to Michigan or Rich Rod. Might get a copy myself.
Thanks....I actually read that book a year or two ago.

Made me a lot more sympathetic towards Rich Rodriguez.

He had factions within "The Fort", as the Michigan football family is known, working against him from day one and it's clear that it really hindered his ability to come in and build the program how he wanted to.

That book was well written and gives you some insight into all the bull**** and various things that college football coaches have to go through outside of simply recruiting and coaching.

It gave me a lot of insight about his tenure at Michigan and why things didn't work out. I know that part of was the product on the field, but there were some people that didn't want him there from the beginning and did whatever they could to ensure that he didn't succeed.

I root for Rich Rodriguez to do well at Arizona. I don't think he was the right fit for Michigan, but he deserved the full support from everyone involved with the program. I gained some respect for him after reading this book and lost some respect for others.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 12-05-2013 at 07:19 AM..
Old 12-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #1319
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

ASU ASU!!!

My annual post is just in time for them to clinch the Rose Bowl bid Saturday night!
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #1320
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter

Chris Peterson is reportedly considering the UW job.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #1321
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Lulz at ESPN moving stuff around to get ready for the Winston Press Conf.

He isn't getting charged. I have it on good authority. They are waiting for something that isn't going to happen.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #1322
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Winston for the Heisman.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #1323
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #1324
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Rich Rod is the only losing coach that I can remember that I still like and root for.
The dirt they did on Rich Rod is biting us in the ass right now.
We have only won with his players and other than that have been a middle of the pack team.

I hope that all the 4-5 star talent we have been landing will develop and lead us back to prominence.
Al Borges should be fired but of course he won't be because he's Brady's guy and Hoke is a Michigan man.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #1325
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Winston for the Heisman.
Winston for Manning's replacement in 2 years.