The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #76
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
I don't breakdown film. I don't rewatch games. I'm not a coach from my couch. Im a fan however, i thought the measuring stick for CB'S was
Catches allowed not big plays. If I made you "hulk" mad with my comments. Well that's on you. Unless champ plays out of his mind I'll stand my "fan view". Well definitely see what the coaching staff and FO think this off season. Until then coach your just gonna have to agree to disagree
Lol'ed @ this whole post.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #77
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Silly thing to say during the season.

Give him a chance to actually come back from the injury and show he's still worth playing time.
Thank you for this reasonable post. Last season Champ played well. I don't take the playoff game into account because no one looked good that day.

It takes a little time for a guy to make his way back from injury. Hell, look at Von. Uninjured, but his time off has him playing at a level below his normal production. I can't give up on Champ this easily. Guy has been too good for too long to just be done.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #78
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

many of you have failed to see champs decline because for years he was essentially unchallenged, QBs just looked and threw elsewhere.
combine that with the cloud of hero worship that difuses the rea;lity of what champs skill level has become and those same loyal, devoted #24 wearin' fans become crocodile bait.
they are in de-nile.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #79
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I want to see Champ get in game shape these last four games and then see himself and DRC play together in the playoffs with Harris covering the slot. Things will be totally different with this defense.
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #80
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Thank you for this reasonable post. Last season Champ played well. I don't take the playoff game into account because no one looked good that day.

It takes a little time for a guy to make his way back from injury. Hell, look at Von. Uninjured, but his time off has him playing at a level below his normal production. I can't give up on Champ this easily. Guy has been too good for too long to just be done.
sorry, champ isnt just coming back from injury.
he is older, slower, and most importaNTLY, exposed !
I said he would be challenged more after the ravens game, long before his liz franc injury.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #81
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
many of you have failed to see champs decline because for years he was essentially unchallenged, QBs just looked and threw elsewhere.
Do you actually read the things you type before you post them? Do you understand how stupid this sounds?
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #82
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Hai Gais,

Jerry Rice was only da goat cauze QBs throed him all dos ballz. If he didn't get throed ballz he wouldn uf cached em.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #83
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Do you actually read the things you type before you post them? Do you understand how stupid this sounds?
I don't thoink is stupid at all.
He's got a point.
Just watch some of the games last season, and in particular the two games we played against Baltimore, he got exposed, sorry, it is what it is, and I love Champ to death, he's a great Bronco player and wish him nothing but the best, but you've got to take things for what they are, and Champ is done, no question about it.
Can he still play?
Yes he can, but not at the dominat level he once did...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #84
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Champ can still help us this year. He actually did do allright in coverage yesterday in the first half, although he didn't make any pass breakups or great plays. He gave up some completions but no big plays.

More than anything his after game comments of it being a "young mans game" etc, sound to me like a confidence and conditioning issue. He did say his foot did NOT bother him. And none of us know if he was asked to go in on the late drive and he declined , or what. We certainly could have used him, but it is what it is. Klis ' "benched " comments and article are not whole cloth, but more of his tendencies to write crap and draw conclusions based on his own opinions.

If he needs time to work back into game shape by working in a steadily increasing number of snaps...ok. Then he should be ready after another 3-4 games. But it is clear that DRC is our #1, and we need him back on the field, more than Champ. If Champ can help at #2 or #3 then so be it. He will not move to safety this year.

Next year is next year, and I'm sure that the FO will tell Champ what they think after the season. I would not pay him his contract as it is. Therefore a restructure or other option is likely.

For now the goal this year is still to go to and Win the Superbowl. the coaches will put the best team out there they can.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #85
Natedogg
1st Amendment Protection

You givin' me a ride home Russell??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Travis Henry

Thank god there still a handful of posters like Eddie Mac and Fontaine on this board to counter the hordes of morons who can't write sentences properly or brag about how they "don't breakdown film" and "don't rewatch games."

But hey, lotta idiots on the orangemane. What else is new?
Natedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #86
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Frankly I'm far more concerned with the lackluster play of Duke Ihenacho lately than I am with Champ Bailey.

Duke has had several really poor games in the latest stretch. He doesn't look remotely close to what we saw during pre-season and the first few weeks of the regular season.

He can't cover 1 on 1 and he's not a factor in the run game. He's not making those big hits we were hoping for either.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #87
spiralism
Facta Non Verba

Fox MUST go

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon

Should pull a Ray Lewis and announce his impending retirement for playoff mojo

or, you know, convert to safety.
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #88
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Hai Gais,

Jerry Rice was only da goat cauze QBs throed him all dos ballz. If he didn't get throed ballz he wouldn uf cached em.
Itz Sciencez
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #89
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
Just watch some of the games last season, and in particular the two games we played against Baltimore, he got exposed, sorry, it is what it is, and I love Champ to death, he's a great Bronco player and wish him nothing but the best, but you've got to take things for what they are, and Champ is done, no question about it.
Can he still play?
Yes he can, but not at the dominat level he once did...
Both games?!? What?!?

In the regular season game against Baltimore, Champ gave up ONE meaningless reception on a ridiculous sideline catch. ONE.

Flacco had less than 100 yards going into the 4th quarter of that game. Once garbage time came along, he threw for a little over 100 yds and 2 TDs....with almost all those yards and both TDs to TE Dennis Pitta, who Champ was not covering. There are highlights of both plays online here in case you don't believe me:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201212...yze=playbyplay

Also, Champ only gave up one TD the entire regular season last year, so I'd love to know where else he got exposed other than the one playoff game, where everyone on D sucked.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #90
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
We have to win it all for him this year, even if he cannot be an integral part of it. The guy has been one of the best CB's ever to wear our colours and the disrespect he gets from some of the posters on here is a joke.
I would love to see him get a ring. Sadly, it is time to hang up the CB cleats, but how great to go out a Champ.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #91
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Both games?!? What?!?

In the regular season game against Baltimore, Champ gave up ONE meaningless reception on a ridiculous sideline catch. ONE.

Flacco had less than 100 yards going into the 4th quarter of that game. Once garbage time came along, he threw for a little over 100 yds and 2 TDs....with almost all those yards and both TDs to TE Dennis Pitta, who Champ was not covering. There are highlights of both plays online here in case you don't believe me:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201212...yze=playbyplay

Also, Champ only gave up one TD the entire regular season last year, so I'd love to know where else he got exposed other than the one playoff game, where everyone on D sucked.
QB's just didn't throw at him last year because they weren't fans and they didn't know yet that Champ was basically finished.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #92
Natedogg
1st Amendment Protection

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Travis Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
QB's just didn't throw at him last year because they weren't fans and they didn't know yet that Champ was basically finished.
lol.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #93
Natedogg
1st Amendment Protection

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Travis Henry

Anyone got the PFF numbers on Champ? (Both for last season, and the games he's played this season?)

Or we just going off Bronco OTM and Chef Luigi's "fan vision?"
Old 12-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #94
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
Anyone got the PFF numbers on Champ? (Both for last season, and the games he's played this season?)

Or we just going off Bronco OTM and Chef Luigi's "fan vision?"
From week 15 of last regular season:

Denverís Cornerbacks vs. Baltimoreís Wide Receivers

In the defensive backfield in Denver, cornerback Champ Bailey continues to be as reliable as always, allowing just the one touchdown pass to be completed in his coverage in 2012. While he hasnít made many plays on the ball, with just two interceptions and two pass breakups, he has allowed just three receptions of 20 yards or more, limiting big plays from opposing receivers.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...avens-week-15/
Old 12-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #95
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

"Fan Vision" dude. You don't need stats, education, knowledge, slow motion etc.. when you have Fan Vision.

Get with it.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #96
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
WTF am I reading and WTF is this thread?

- Champ gave up just 4 receptions - 2 or 3 on small gains on quick inside slants where he had very good coverage but the bigger WR/TE just jerked inside.

- Yes he got hurt (abs I think) but played for almost all the snaps, barring obvious run downs till midway through the 3rd quarter.

- He was matched up Bowe most of the time and only gave up one/two small receptions to him.

- When Champ went off the field for KC's last two drives and we had Webster/Jammer outside that's when KC started moving the chains, unlike before when they couldn't do sh*t in the passing game because Champ took Bowe out completely.

Seriously, take this thread and dump it in the gutter.

Thank you. Couldn't have said it better.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #97
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

After 2012 regular season:

This season Bailey has been responsible for stopping the opposition’s top receiver, and has done so while leading the league in Yards per Coverage Snap, with 0.82. He has done especially well during the Past five games — teams have avoided him, throwing his way only 16 times, and Bailey allowed just half of them to be caught for 85 yards.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...fc-divisional/
Old 12-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #98
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

This thread could use a double tap to the back of the head.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #99
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
no I do not read my typing before posting thats why the spelling and punctuation sucks.

if you cant comprehend the concept of "living off reputation" can you not see how stoopid that makes you look?
I know you aint stoopid.
Qbs had easier paths of less resistense. Why throw at champ when we always had some clown on the other side of the field or some poor excuse for a pass defender covering their TE?
or the countless times their #3 receiver had a career game against us while champ just followed his assignment to the bathroom.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #100
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Champ is a dairy cow that quit producing milk so it is time to take him out back and turn him into hamburger.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote