The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #51
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,553

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Silly thing to say during the season.

Give him a chance to actually come back from the injury and show he's still worth playing time.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #52
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,870

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
WTF am I reading and WTF is this thread?

- Champ gave up just 4 receptions - 2 or 3 on small gains on quick inside slants where he had very good coverage but the bigger WR/TE just jerked inside.

- Yes he got hurt (abs I think) but played for almost all the snaps, barring obvious run downs till midway through the 3rd quarter.

- He was matched up Bowe most of the time and only gave up one/two small receptions to him.

- When Champ went off the field for KC's last two drives and we had Webster/Jammer outside that's when KC started moving the chains, unlike before when they couldn't do sh*t in the passing game because Champ took Bowe out completely.

Seriously, take this thread and dump it in the gutter.
This.

We need Champ and DRC on the field in the playoffs.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #53
jutang
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 782
Default

Every game that Champ and Manning plays without reinjuring their lower leg injuries again will be immense for our playoff run. Outside of the first-quarter champ was incredibly sharp. Most of us don't even remember him being in the game and that's a very good thing for cornerback.

Our defense can get on a scary level if both champ and DRC our back and healthy for the playoffs. There is no way in hell NE would be able to pull off any type of comeback. It would allow us to leave man coverage on the wide receivers and bracket gronk for the entire game.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #54
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,674

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Yep. Dude's body is breaking down. It happens sometimes.
Name:  Beat-up copy.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  115.6 KB
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #55
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Also, Smith looked to his right at least two/three times when KC went into punt mode and each time Champ had tight coverage on Bowe, and it forced Smith to go to his 2nd read.

Smith/KC wanted to target Champ this game but apart from 3/4 small receptions Bailey held up very well for a guy who's missed three months of football.

How about before people start putting up garbage they back it up with some facts like how many times he was targetted? How many big plays he gave up? How many snaps did he play and against which WR?

Champ has done the most important thing so far this season: Get back on the field without any physical setbacks. We've got 4 weeks for him to get his conditioning back up, get into the better shape and we roll into the playoffs with two cover corners in DRC/Champ lined up outside and Harris inside.

Which dumba$$ here wouldn't want that?

Again, seriously, take this thread and dump it in the gutter.
So now we are judging him on big plays instead of catches allowed. Hmm. My favorite player as a kid was Steve Atwater. When he went to new York you know he was fjnnished. Did I want him to be a bronco still? Of course but this is a business. And champs done. Hate to break it to ya
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #56
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
God, some of you people are idiots.

Seems like you can't wait to throw one of the best players to ever wear the jersey under the bus. Doesn't make any ****ing sense.

Hoping Champ can work his way into game shape by the time we hit the playoffs. I like Webster but he's still very raw, if we can have a fully healthy depth chart reading

DRC
Champ
Harris

at CB come January we'll look a whole lot better on D.
calling him the best player to ever wear the jersey, let's me know how much of a champ homes you are. He's not even in my top ten
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #57
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,457

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
calling him the best player to ever wear the jersey, let's me know how much of a champ homes you are. He's not even in my top ten
If healthy, i dont think he's useless. Outside of the Ravens game last year, he had a nice year. Getting over a high ankle sprain though is no easy thing for a 37 year old corner. A shame.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #58
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
fellow bronco fan, fontaine,' I rtespect your opinion but your emotions are making you delusional on this one if you think CHAMP is still a viable 1 on 1 cover corner.
he has NEVER played prerss coverage, he cant hang with ANY deep threat, he cant deny ANY TE the ball on ANY typical TE route.
I thnk he could learn the free safety position, play 'centerfield' and use his savvy, ball skills, tackling ability, and years of knowledge and instincts to be an ed reed kind of contributor, but that is a move he should have made years ago!
It's not my emotions and it's not my opinions.

1. Champ didn't give up any big plays this game (there was a short TD pass to Bowe but that was called back because of a flag).

2. Champ gave up 3 or 4 small receptions most of which were inside slants where he had tight coverage, another a 15 yard pass on 3rd and 18 where he was playing off coverage and was designed not to give up the first down, he didn't and forced the chiefs to punt.

3. He was lined up in a lot on man looks on Bowe where he mostly shut him down even though Smith looked his way several times.

4. He didn't get injured or reinjure his foot (as he confirmed in post game).

5. With Champ in the game we gave up 14 points in almost three quarters and forced the chiefs to punt like 5/6 times. Once Champ was subbed, Smith picked on Webster repeatedly and the chiefs marched down the field twice in the 3rd/4th quarters.

How is any of that my opinion? And what facts have you presented?
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #59
swaiy
Pro Bowler
 
swaiy's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 575

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
calling him the best player to ever wear the jersey, let's me know how much of a champ homes you are. He's not even in my top ten
So, hes a homer because your top 10 is the only thing that matters? Lol.

Opinions =/= Fact
swaiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #60
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
So now we are judging him on big plays instead of catches allowed. Hmm. My favorite player as a kid was Steve Atwater. When he went to new York you know he was fjnnished. Did I want him to be a bronco still? Of course but this is a business. And champs done. Hate to break it to ya
Tell me the number of times Smith looked his way and tell me the number of receptions/yards he gave up.

Tell me the number of times he lined up against Bowe and how many catches he gave up to him.

Otherwise, you really don't know what you're saying here.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #61
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
If healthy, i dont think he's useless. Outside of the Ravens game last year, he had a nice year. Getting over a high ankle sprain though is no easy thing for a 37 year old corner. A shame.
The injury was a foot injury. I'm going to assume he rolled it. Which I've had happen before. Hurt like a mofo and every now and again years later it still hurts.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #62
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,876
Default

Newsflash: It takes more time to recover from injury when you get older. Give it time.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #63
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Tell me the number of times Smith looked his way and tell me the number of receptions/yards he gave up.

Tell me the number of times he lined up against Bowe and how many catches he gave up to him.

Otherwise, you really don't know what you're saying here.
I don't breakdown film. I don't rewatch games. I'm not a coach from my couch. Im a fan however, i thought the measuring stick for CB'S was
Catches allowed not big plays. If I made you "hulk" mad with my comments. Well that's on you. Unless champ plays out of his mind I'll stand my "fan view". Well definitely see what the coaching staff and FO think this off season. Until then coach your just gonna have to agree to disagree
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #64
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 2,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
It's not my emotions and it's not my opinions.

1. Champ didn't give up any big plays this game (there was a short TD pass to Bowe but that was called back because of a flag).

2. Champ gave up 3 or 4 small receptions most of which were inside slants where he had tight coverage, another a 15 yard pass on 3rd and 18 where he was playing off coverage and was designed not to give up the first down, he didn't and forced the chiefs to punt.

3. He was lined up in a lot on man looks on Bowe where he mostly shut him down even though Smith looked his way several times.

4. He didn't get injured or reinjure his foot (as he confirmed in post game).

5. With Champ in the game we gave up 14 points in almost three quarters and forced the chiefs to punt like 5/6 times. Once Champ was subbed, Smith picked on Webster repeatedly and the chiefs marched down the field twice in the 3rd/4th quarters.

How is any of that my opinion? And what facts have you presented?
solid post. who is champ gonna cover 1 on 1 against the titans?
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #65
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

Champ probably is done but not much reason to pile it on and run it in. He played hard for the Broncos and always handled himself with class off and on the field. I'm still glad we had Champ even though winning a Superbowl is all i care about when it comes to football.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #66
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,404

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Champ said after the game that he wasn't re injured, the team just benched him in favor of Webster, Jammer and Harris.
They didn't "bench" him in favor of the other guys. Get your facts straight. Del Rio said they planned on using him in rotation only this week.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #67
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
They didn't "bench" him in favor of the other guys. Get your facts straight. Del Rio said they planned on using him in rotation only this week.
Might wanna send some letters to some of the online news agencies that have "benched" in their headlines.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #68
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather
 
Houshyamama's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,494

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Newsflash: It takes more time to recover from injury when you get older. Give it time.
I don't know if we have enough TIME

Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #69
The Joker
Ring of Famer
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,296

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
calling him the best player to ever wear the jersey, let's me know how much of a champ homes you are. He's not even in my top ten
If you're going to be so argumentative, it would be advisable to read things a bit more carefully/develop a better grasp of the language in which you are arguing.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #70
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,667

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
I don't breakdown film. I don't rewatch games. I'm not a coach from my couch. Im a fan however, i thought the measuring stick for CB'S was
Catches allowed not big plays. If I made you "hulk" mad with my comments. Well that's on you. Unless champ plays out of his mind I'll stand my "fan view". Well definitely see what the coaching staff and FO think this off season. Until then coach your just gonna have to agree to disagree
This means you have absolutely zero credibility and zero reason to even claim you know it's "time for Champ to hang it up".

You are making baseless assumptions and throwing **** opinions at the wall in hopes that you can claim you were right sometime down the line.

Champ allowed 2-3 completions through the entire game. That's pretty damn good.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #71
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 14,065

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
They didn't "bench" him in favor of the other guys. Get your facts straight. Del Rio said they planned on using him in rotation only this week.
Call it what you want:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...d-on-key-drive
bpc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #72
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
I don't know if we have enough TIME

bwahaha.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #73
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,899

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
I don't know if we have enough TIME

So Champ is going streaking?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #74
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,457

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Not saying youre wrong, but that article is pure conjecture.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #75
fontaine
Ring of Famer
 
fontaine's Avatar
 
Go John Manning!

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
I don't breakdown film. I don't rewatch games. I'm not a coach from my couch. Im a fan however, i thought the measuring stick for CB'S was
Catches allowed not big plays. If I made you "hulk" mad with my comments. Well that's on you. Unless champ plays out of his mind I'll stand my "fan view". Well definitely see what the coaching staff and FO think this off season. Until then coach your just gonna have to agree to disagree
So because I disagree with your "fan" view I'm hulk mad?

Well done, you've literally said nothing above to back up your posts on this thread.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:24 AM.


Denver Broncos