The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright
Default Peyton getting healthy

Is it just me, or was today's game the first time in maybe 5 weeks that PFM threw with authority. One bad interception one fluky one, but overall he went downfield with velocity and accuracy all day. The prior 5 weeks it seemed like he was surviving on moxie.

We have done a much better job lately of keeping him clean - a combination of scheme, play-calling, and an emerging running game - and IMHO this is a really big deal. A healthy PFM and some semblance of a healthy defense bodes well for this team as we head into the playoffs!!

Go Broncos!!
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

That 1st INT was close to being on the money between two DB's, still DT should have caught it or knocked it down. The 2nd INT, was concerned. Wasn't even close and seemed to lose all velocity on the throw.

The TD's he was throwing in the 2nd half though... man, those were awesome to watch. Didn't see many ducks from him this game so hopefully his ankles are getting better and he can drive the ball coming down the stretch and into the playoffs. Didn't hurt that it was around 50 degrees for most of the game.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #3
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

He looked rough to begin with. I don't know what the deal is but I hope it continues
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #4
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

I think the emergence of a credible running game has been another important factor. I can guarantee you that he did not average 2 secs to throw the ball today because he did not need to. He had tons of time on many plays letting the patterns develop down field. I think our ability to run had a lot to do with that.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #5
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think the offense made a real effort to be more aggressive today in the passing game.

Seems like we've not thrown deep as often in recent games as we were early in the year. Lots of high percentage passes with a reliance on YAC will always be the cornerstone of this O, but you have to push it down the field when the opportunity is there . For one it gives you more room to hit the underneath stuff, and secondly when you have the QB and weapons we have you'll win a lot of those downfield battles. Sure you'll have incompletions, but you'll hit enough to make it worthwhile and probably get some flags too.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #6
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I think the offense made a real effort to be more aggressive today in the passing game.

Seems like we've not thrown deep as often in recent games as we were early in the year. Lots of high percentage passes with a reliance on YAC will always be the cornerstone of this O, but you have to push it down the field when the opportunity is there . For one it gives you more room to hit the underneath stuff, and secondly when you have the QB and weapons we have you'll win a lot of those downfield battles. Sure you'll have incompletions, but you'll hit enough to make it worthwhile and probably get some flags too.
This. I could easily tell the improvement once we decided we weren't just going to play it safe and dink and dunk all F'n day. Once they decided to just put the pedal to the metal and start attacking deep, I could see the vigor and confidence in PM.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #7
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I agree, and I wonder how much of our timidness was PFM being too gimpy to really throw the long ball with authority.

There were a couple of long passes over the last 5 games but it seemed to me they were more incredible touch passes. Tonight he threw lasers.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #8
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

he had a terrible start, but that might have had a lot to do with his protection.

But I'm not looking forward to his cold weather games ....gulp
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #9
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
he had a terrible start, but that might have had a lot to do with his protection.

But I'm not looking forward to his cold weather games ....gulp
At least they should be at home, if we can take care of business. This weekend Tennessee here, next Thursday SD here. Then road games at Houston (dome) and at Oakland (NorCal weather should be ok right?).

Then playoffs. Cold to be sure, but all at home if we can win out.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It would be great for Broncos to get 2 games in front of pats by the last week so they could rest some vets. Not sit them but you know maybe run the ball with all the backs and get Manning out early.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #11
whoeey
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If you are worried about Manning, well, you have little man complex.
whoeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #12
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

I think the OP is correct. I think his ankles are getting better. And we clearly figured out pass protection against the Chiefs.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:31 AM   #13
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoeey View Post
If you are worried about Manning, well, you have little man complex.
So we shouldn't be worried that our team got beat in the playoffs last year. You cant blame that all on Moore homeboy. Manning is culpable as well. There are theories out there that have some substance to them. But then again lets go full on homer here!!!

The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom. While he sits by his hearth at home. Quickly finds when questioned by others . That he knows nothing at all.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:53 AM   #14
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

You should always be worried. Superbowls are hard to win.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #15
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
So we shouldn't be worried that our team got beat in the playoffs last year. You cant blame that all on Moore homeboy. Manning is culpable as well. There are theories out there that have some substance to them. But then again lets go full on homer here!!!

The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom. While he sits by his hearth at home. Quickly finds when questioned by others . That he knows nothing at all.
So I should be worried about something I don't know will happen and have absolutely no control of?
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:37 AM   #16
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
So I should be worried about something I don't know will happen and have absolutely no control of?
Yes. And if you post on this message board a certain way, it will magically affect men playing a game somehow. So really we are gods.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:45 AM   #17
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yes. And if you post on this message board a certain way, it will magically affect men playing a game somehow. So really we are gods.
I believe our posts effected VON and DECKER.
players respond when they hear the criticism.
I also believe that PFM heard what was said about body language and knows thats one of his kid brothers flaws.
what? you think I spend all this time posting here just to amuse fellow members?
heck no!
I do it because I know my comments make a difference.
member laughter is just an essential by-product.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:46 AM   #18
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
what is the weather forecast for sunday in denver?
Old 12-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #19
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom.
While he sits by his hearth at home.
Quickly finds when questioned by others,
that he's no smarter than a garden gnome.
(now it rhymes)
Old 12-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #20
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

"So while the discussion of Manning’s arm strength is a regular affair if the throws a wobble here and a bounce there, the simple fact remains he finished 22-of-35 passing Sunday for 403 yards and five touchdowns. It was his third 400-yard game of the season -- his 4,125 yards are the most ever after 12 games -- and his five touchdown passes amounted to the sixth, yes sixth, game he has thrown at least four in a game.

So, perhaps everybody ought to throw up their hands, slap on the glove and wobble a few out there.

“I know it’s a hot debate," Manning said. “The distance, and the RPMs, whatever, I enjoy it when they go for touchdowns."

Manning threw four of those touchdown passes during the Chiefs’ scoring drought, including three of his four in the game to Decker. He attacked Chiefs rookie Marcus Cooper in coverage, attacked former Pro Bowler Brandon Flowers in coverage and everyone in between.

“You have guys that play football and you have football players," Chiefs safety Eric Berry said. “He’s a football player. When it’s down to it he’s going to make plays."

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...-lead-afc-west
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #21
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

His deep ball look as consistent and accurate as it's been since he's been here. I hope that's a sign of things to come...
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #22
TonyR
Franchise Poster

He threw a handful of random wounded ducks. But you certainly can't complain with his overall body of work in this game. In fact, to the contrary.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #23
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
He threw a handful of random wounded ducks. But you certainly can't complain with his overall body of work in this game. In fact, to the contrary.
When he can step into his passes, he throws very well. When he relies on his arm (and not his lower body), they tend to come out a bit wounded.

All in all, we have become quite spoiled with Peyton. The Broncos are 10-2, he's on a record setting pace as a passer, yet all you hear about is how he's **** in the cold.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #24
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Didn't hurt that it was around 50 degrees for most of the game.
It's becoming a very clear and consistent trend IMO.

Will be interesting to how he does down the stretch in the cold.

To you newbies of Colorado. The front range is not consistently cold. Shorts weather most of the winter. However, there are stretches like the one next week that can trash a house quickly.

You might consider leaving some drips going in your sinks the next few days. Wrap your outside spickets and if you have any suspect pipes and need to protect them in a hurry Home depot sells stuff like this. Heat cable. http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/ou...FcU5Qgod93EAwQ

I've protected pipes with this stuff in -20 degree weather. No problem!

Oh and if your windows suck the shrink wrap stuff does wonders.

Maybe manning could wrap his body in heating cable!

Last edited by Meck77; 12-02-2013 at 09:01 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #25
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote