The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #76
ROYC75
Here to moderate da donks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatspirits View Post
They gots some angry, bitter, jealous fans over there at the queefsplanet! It's kind of pathetic when your only joy is hoping for a rival team to lose. I love it!
This place would have been livid had KC won.

KC coaching staff is dumb. 14 pt lead, you don't pound the rock and take it to the depleted DL with JC and Davis was just stupid. Expecting our WR's to catch the ball often enough to keep a lead when we haven't done it all year was asking too much.

Especially when you have Manning in a game where the weather was not a factor. Manning is going to get his yards against our safeties, who do not know how to help the CB's over the top.

Enjoy your win, you earned it. KC has plenty of things to work on and correct for a possible 3rd meeting. Did Denver learn enough on the things that they didn't connect on to have something else for KC or has KC seen enough to possibly correct in a cold Jan. game , of which revenge will be a motivational & driving force ?

Ask yourself that question, would you want KC a 3rd time in the cold or Indy /& or Cincy in Denver?
ROYC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #77
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYC75 View Post
Ask yourself that question, would you want KC a 3rd time in the cold or Indy /& or Cincy in Denver?
indifferent. Not really scared of any of these teams. KC has the weakest offensive weapons, so I'd rather face them if I had to choose.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #78
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Quote:
KC coaching staff is dumb. 14 pt lead, you don't pound the rock and take it to the depleted DL with JC and Davis was just stupid. Expecting our WR's to catch the ball often enough to keep a lead when we haven't done it all year was asking too much.
This is where I think you're wrong. Playing balls-out and throwing downfield, even with the fourteen points, was the only way they were going to win. You saw what happened in the second half, right?
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #79
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #80
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
would you want KC a 3rd time in the cold or Indy /& or Cincy in Denver?
D: any of the above
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #81
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
This place would have been livid had KC won.

Especially when you have Manning in a game where the weather was not a factor. Manning is going to get his yards against our safeties, who do not know how to help the CB's over the top.

Enjoy your win, you earned it. KC has plenty of things to work on and correct for a possible 3rd meeting. Did Denver learn enough on the things that they didn't connect on to have something else for KC or has KC seen enough to possibly correct in a cold Jan. game , of which revenge will be a motivational & driving force ?

Its irrelevant which of those teams come to Denver this year. With a little bit of luck we should be getting healthier in the final weeks of the season and with a two week break to rest up all the starters before a two game slug fest at our house before a possible two week break before the big game.

First things first, but we know KC so well now. Even in your place you could hardly touch Manning with Barry only getting to him twice after the pass was thrown. No way you have any more success rushing him in Denver, you've tried every trick in your book and having Houston there today in KC still wouldn't have changed a thing! You guys have 2 sacks in the last what 6 games .. or is it 4 games .. whatever ... you've lost your mojo and both Denver and SD has shown the NFL world that?

KC is certainly improved over previous years without question, but that 9-0 streak was at least three games more wins from shear luck of schedule and back up QBs than the reality of your team accurately reflects.

KC is still likely two years away from a really competitive team and by then a good number of your expensive first round picks after so many decrepit seasons past will be moving on to greener pastures! You wont be able to afford all the talent you have now.

Anyway, in the here and now this season we'd be more than happy playing KC another time at Mile High. You definitely wont benefit from the big home crowd and the absolutely must win atmosphere of Arrowhead to get that early jump on us, courtesy of not only a very good early drive by your team but two gifts in the form of an uncharacteristic screw-ball kick off return coverage allowing a record 108 yard kick return for 7 when at least 5 Broncos should have tackled the kick returner well on KCs side of the 50, plus the Manning flutter ball INT on our 20 setting up an easy score.

That was about it for you guys, until the last gasp and well executed TD drive to make it mildly more interesting at the end,but there was still little danger of Denver blowing this game.

Broncos had your number all the second half and had you happened to have scored on that last Chiefs drive Denver would have marched down for a winning FG if not a TD to run out the clock, the way our Offense was pushing your D around from mid way through the 2nd quarter onward.

KC has reason to be happy, but you really didn't imagine your team was really going to jump from 2-14 to World Champs did you? This league is rarely so forgiving and accommodating to fairy tale stories, it typically takes a few years of hard knocks climbing the ladder and a couple bitter loses in the playoffs to season a team to go all the way. So get in line and continue paying your dues and maybe one day KC will make it back to the SB before the sun goes Nova!

Last edited by Hulamau; 12-01-2013 at 07:13 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #82
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Enjoy your playoff loss.

Perhaps we'll be the ones to hand it to you.

You won't beat us three times in one year.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #83
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post

Because you guys won't make it there to play us.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #84
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Enjoy your playoff loss.

No, if your team even makes it, it will be your first loss of 2014.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #85
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Enjoy your playoff loss.

Won't have to because the queefs aren't winning a game on the road against a playoff team; and you know it.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #86
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Enjoy your playoff loss.

you guys will have to get a win in Cincy or Indy first... I don't see that happening.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #87
ROYC75
Here to moderate da donks

OKay, I know you are smarter than this, stop and think about this for a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Honestly you guys had a lot go your way. You got the turnovers. The return. Several starters injured. Even a starter who practiced all week and got sick right before the flight. The Chiefs had the table set.
I'll try to answer these first....

We did, but turnovers are a product of teams being prepared and either a team executing or not, it's part of the game. It's just you guys were banged up more for this game. I don't consider this KC team to be deep, depth wise in year # 1 of Reid & Dorsey! But we will get there in time.

How is Wolfe ?

Quote:
Even at the end of the game, Reid used his timeouts well and you finally forced a punt. Given your situation missing players, you had more than a fair shot. It was a game you had to win too.
We did not, we had Reid! 1st thing up, we up 21 - 7, we don't pound the ball? Instead we do was Reid does, pass, even with below average WR's who can't catch the ball ? We don't milk the clock each precession and allow Manning more chances to throw darts over our secondary ( piss poor safeties ) We allow 28 straight points playing the Reid way ?

Your DC should see Manning is keying on a talented rookie Cooper ( who's problem is just coaching ) with no help from the safety ? That should of been an invitation to set Manning up for another pick. But not Sutton, his ego is, stay in the man to man defense ? So let's let the kid learn now...... OK, the division title is on the line, Sutton!

Quote:
The Chiefs are a 8-8 or 9-7 that got incredibly lucky facing basically a backup QB every week, barely winning. Now they're playing starters and they've been exposed.
You see it this way! Here's what I see, the same thing I said or have all year! We are in year # 1 of the Andy Reid offense, we were not clicking to start the year off with, nor were we going to be. I've said all along, this offense, barring major injuries will get better and will open it up more towards the end of the year. We are seeing this about the offense the last 3 games, although we didn't score well in Denver when we should have.

We sputtered in Denver, dropping many passes. We did last week vs SD, as we did today. Had we of had WR's who can catch the ball, we win the last 2 games! Even though we should have been running the ball more.

All just about anybody here said has said, stop JC, you stop KC. Well, nobody here thought much of Alex Smith, I wasn't fond of him. But I knew he had ability and could throw better than anybody gave him credit for. We just don't have WR's that can catch it consistently.

So these so called backup QB's, yadda dadda crap is a combination of many things, lack of the offense understanding the plays and timing, which comes down to execution, of which we have lacked all year. But you can see the offense jelling some now.

Exposed ? Not really. My expectations dropped a lot when we played in Denver. It was clearer how much our safeties were an issue and that Jackson and DeVito are backups in starter roles. Our attacking scheme I like but we need better players at CB,S, & DL.

All of these so called back up QB's games, would they be a close game with the KC offense playing today or last week vs SD ? Hmmm..... NO !

Our safeties suck .......... simple, we have 1 good safety with 1 on IR, a rookie who will be good one day.

We don't have the team depth ( yet ) to compete when called upon.

But KC is no fraud, they are jelling and will be a tough out in the playoffs. The blueprint is laid, we have a HC who neglects to run more than pass, he has clock management issues. We would not of won had we of scored at the end, we would have left too much time on the clock , again. Andy does not use his time out's proper, he blew it last week and blew one today as well. 4 straight passes when you have JC, Kniles Davis to run with , no Denver time outs and Manning on the sidelines ready to go was stupid!

I'm thrilled with this season after last year's debacle. But I'm really optimistic long term here. The dream of last to first was just a dream. All the SB talk was an even bigger dream.
ROYC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #88
Powderaddict
Koolaid Homer

Sissies Ite Domum!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

I'm not reading that long wall of text.

But you guys still lost
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #89
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
you guys will have to get a win in Cincy or Indy first... I don't see that happening.
Those teams don't have the greatest QB of all time.

That's what it takes to beat the Chiefs.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #90
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
I'm not reading that long wall of text.

But you guys still lost
Nothing left for him to do but troll Broncos discussion forums (read: return to business as usual.)
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #91
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

You just admitted Rivers is one of the best.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #92
Powderaddict
Koolaid Homer

Sissies Ite Domum!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:

Good thing we do!
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:05 PM   #93
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
You just admitted Rivers is one of the best.
That's different, we lost our two elite pass rushers in the 2nd quarter.

I think we'd beat Indy. I don't know about the Bengals, their D is really good.

Both games would be close. It's not like you have been destroying KC.

Manning is just a badass and Smith can't hang in these shootouts.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #94
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:

no. Having an NFL starting caliber, healthy QB not in an uncharacteristic slump is what it takes to beat the Chiefs. You have lost each and every game you have played vs teams meeting the above criteria.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #95
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:

We did, but turnovers are a product of teams being prepared and either a team executing or not, it's part of the game. It's just you guys were banged up more for this game. I don't consider this KC team to be deep, depth wise in year # 1 of Reid & Dorsey! But we will get there in time.

How is Wolfe ?

We did not, we had Reid! 1st thing up, we up 21 - 7, we don't pound the ball? Instead we do was Reid does, pass, even with below average WR's who can't catch the ball ? We don't milk the clock each precession and allow Manning more chances to throw darts over our secondary ( piss poor safeties ) We allow 28 straight points playing the Reid way ?

Your DC should see Manning is keying on a talented rookie Cooper ( who's problem is just coaching ) with no help from the safety ? That should of been an invitation to set Manning up for another pick. But not Sutton, his ego is, stay in the man to man defense ? So let's let the kid learn now...... OK, the division title is on the line, Sutton!

You see it this way! Here's what I see, the same thing I said or have all year! We are in year # 1 of the Andy Reid offense, we were not clicking to start the year off with, nor were we going to be. I've said all along, this offense, barring major injuries will get better and will open it up more towards the end of the year. We are seeing this about the offense the last 3 games, although we didn't score well in Denver when we should have.

We sputtered in Denver, dropping many passes. We did last week vs SD, as we did today. Had we of had WR's who can catch the ball, we win the last 2 games! Even though we should have been running the ball more.

All just about anybody here said has said, stop JC, you stop KC. Well, nobody here thought much of Alex Smith, I wasn't fond of him. But I knew he had ability and could throw better than anybody gave him credit for. We just don't have WR's that can catch it consistently.

So these so called backup QB's, yadda dadda crap is a combination of many things, lack of the offense understanding the plays and timing, which comes down to execution, of which we have lacked all year. But you can see the offense jelling some now.

Exposed ? Not really. My expectations dropped a lot when we played in Denver. It was clearer how much our safeties were an issue and that Jackson and DeVito are backups in starter roles. Our attacking scheme I like but we need better players at CB,S, & DL.

All of these so called back up QB's games, would they be a close game with the KC offense playing today or last week vs SD ? Hmmm..... NO !

Our safeties suck .......... simple, we have 1 good safety with 1 on IR, a rookie who will be good one day.

But KC is no fraud, they are jelling and will be a tough out in the playoffs. The blueprint is laid, we have a HC who neglects to run more than pass, he has clock management issues. We would not of won had we of scored at the end, we would have left too much time on the clock , again. Andy does not use his time out's proper, he blew it last week and blew one today as well. 4 straight passes when you have JC, Kniles Davis to run with , no Denver time outs and Manning on the sidelines ready to go was stupid!

I'm thrilled with this season after last year's debacle. But I'm really optimistic long term here. The dream of last to first was just a dream. All the SB talk was an even bigger dream.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #96
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:

How is Wolfe ?

I'm sure this is a great post with many logical points.

Too bad no one will ever know.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #97
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
no. Having an NFL starting caliber, healthy QB not in an uncharacteristic slump is what it takes to beat the Chiefs. You have lost each and every game you have played vs teams meeting the above criteria.
So beating Vick and Romo didn't count?

We also beat the **** out of Eli Manning.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #98
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:

How is Wolfe ?

Didn't read

Except for the "jelling" part. I caught that after posting. If you want to call a 3 game losing streak gelling, than feel free to do so. We will just continue to laugh at you.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #99
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Enjoy your playoff loss.

*Yawn* To bad you didn't get the troll I know you were wanting
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #100
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:

How is Wolfe ?

I saw the bold part and laughed.

You call a 3 game losing streak giving up 103 (76 of them AT HOME, plus the 1000 yards of O) jelling?

There is a reason Reid did not push the ball down field early in the year, it is because his QB is inconsistent downfield and his receivers cannot catch the ball. You guys need a ton of talent and your limited in the draft without that 2nd round pick this year. kFc is going to have to draft in the mid 20's and after paying Bowe $56 mill to drop more passes than he catches kFc is going to be hard pressed to land any big FA's this year. Plus they will not be able to draft a QB to develop for the future. At best case Reid trades down out of the 1st for 2 2nd round picks but will he find a couple WR's and TE as well as OL depth, CB (you know now that Coopers days are numbered) and some Safety depth. All while playing a tougher schedule next year.

There is a reason Manning didn't even visit, he saw the talent pool and kept listening to Elway talk.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote