The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2013, 05:52 AM   #251
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7 View Post
to each their own but that twitter posting is not a reflection of this man's work.. he has a ton of respect in that organization from the top down... it doesn't get much better than Mr. Saccamano... even after his retirement he is still going to be a consultant to the Broncos & he will have an office at Sports Authority
Yeah, I don't think that Sacco meant AT ALL for his tweet to sound like it did. I have only heard great things about him.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:08 AM   #252
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
I think it takes time for young defensive players to adjust to the Fox/JDR system, and when it clicks, it clicks. We've seen a slow but impact improvement from many of the broncos young players over the last few years, and that gives me a lot of patients in my assesment of our defensive youngsters development. For some reason I feel like Sly is going to make the jump as the Broncos finish out the rest of our schedule. It also helps that the kid has fresh legs after only seeing 140 snaps this season, which could also play a big role in his ability to get over whatever rookie wall was preventing him from breaking into the lineup this season. Never underestimate the power of a young, fresh, and motivated kid against road weary vets closing in on games 12-16.
So you're accepting patients?
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #253
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncogary View Post
So you're accepting patients?
Fixed it thanks.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #254
Hartley
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
What are seizure like symptoms? I am pretty sure you either have a seizure or you don't. There, as it appears to me, seems like there is little wiggle room between having one and not having one.
Your right you do or you don't, however, to really be diagnosed with seizures you have to have lots of them or like have one while on EEG monitoring at the hospital. So really all they can definitively say is "seizure like symptoms" since he has not had anymore at the hospital i'm assuming, and his diagnostic EEG looked clear.

I guess you can get some pseudo seizure symptoms from some complex migraines, but it's not really a seizure.

However, in Wolf's case i'm guessing he really did have a seizure, yet he does not have a seizure disorder (good sign). He had one because of the food poisoning, his 20lb weight loss is mostly all water and electrolytes. So if your body looses to much sodium or what-not it lowers your seizure threshold (meaning you bodies cells are not happy and not working properly, so you seize up)

So he shows up at ER, they give him some IV fluids, which fixes his dehydration problem. They rule out a real Seizure disorder with the EEG. He will be fine, but won't be playing today. Next week though should be ready to go.
Hartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #255
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley View Post
Your right you do or you don't, however, to really be diagnosed with seizures you have to have lots of them or like have one while on EEG monitoring at the hospital. So really all they can definitively say is "seizure like symptoms" since he has not had anymore at the hospital i'm assuming, and his diagnostic EEG looked clear.

I guess you can get some pseudo seizure symptoms from some complex migraines, but it's not really a seizure.

However, in Wolf's case i'm guessing he really did have a seizure, yet he does not have a seizure disorder (good sign). He had one because of the food poisoning, his 20lb weight loss is mostly all water and electrolytes. So if your body looses to much sodium or what-not it lowers your seizure threshold (meaning you bodies cells are not happy and not working properly, so you seize up)

So he shows up at ER, they give him some IV fluids, which fixes his dehydration problem. They rule out a real Seizure disorder with the EEG. He will be fine, but won't be playing today. Next week though should be ready to go.
Awesome, thanks for the explanation. That makes complete sense the way you describe it. My only question is how could this be from food poisoning? He got the food poisoning way back in training camp, and just hasn't been able to put the weight back on.

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 12-01-2013 at 09:53 AM..
Old 12-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #256
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Fixed it thanks.
Broncogary just taught you a valuable life lesson, one that was implicitly understood by 75% of the Orange Mane in middle school, I am glad you are thankful.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #257
Hartley
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Awesome, thanks for the explanation. That makes complete sense the way you describe it. My only question is how could this be from food poisoning? He got the food poisoning way back in training camp, and just hasn't been able to put the weight back on.
Oh really back in training camp? Hmm, that throws the whole thing off then. Unless he just recently had another bout of food poisoning? I thought I read he was feeling ill this week too? Cause like u said "water weight" you can put back on in a few days.
Hartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #258
DivineLegion

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Broncogary just taught you a valuable life lesson, one that was implicitly understood by 75% of the Orange Mane in middle school, I am glad you are thankful.
Haha, cute. I'm glad you're still butthurt about everything, it bodes well for memory retention.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #259
Johnykbr
Pro Bowler

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

There are many different types of seizures. They can be triggered by anything from flashing lights to low potassium. It sounds like he may have had a grand mal but I wouldn't rule out a petit mal.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #260
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Haha, cute. I'm glad you're still butthurt about everything, it bodes well for memory retention.
, I was joking. Butthurt much?
Old 12-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #261
DivineLegion

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
, I was joking. Butthurt much?
So was I, wanna be friends?
Old 12-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #262
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
So was I, wanna be friends?
Check yes or no?
Old 12-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #263
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Quote:
If I can teach one valuable life lesson each day I consider it a day well-spent.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote