The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #226
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,897

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Ah a grammar nazi, buuurrrnnn.

I am on my tablet, it doesn't do well with words typed fast, as is the tendency with two letter words and words with the same letter in sequence.

But hey, it gives losers like yourself something to do.
Don't get your panties in a wad! I just taught you a valuable life lesson, one that was implicitly understood by 75% of the Orange Mane in grade school, you should be thankful. I'll bill you for my services later.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #227
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 50,663

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Why is everyone so ho-hum on Sly? We loose Vick, and everyone panics instead of discussing the big stage set for the rook. We lose Wolfe, and the same thing happens while we totally miss how great of an opportunity this is for Malik Jackson. I understand it depreciates our depth, and limits our rotation, but there are some pretty impressive backups poised to step up.
I think we're hopeful but not expecting very much. Sly is alright, but he's young and largely unproven. I haven't read anyone down on him here...
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #228
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

food poisoning was the supposed culprit for Wolfe's 20lbs weight loss... I seriously hope this seizure thing is nothing serious. Maybe he was taking meds to overcome his sickness or something and had a bad reaction? Maybe he over medicated or something? Him being sick is just going to prolong his recovery and he's going to continue to lose weight.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #229
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,897

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I think we're hopeful but not expecting very much. Sly is alright, but he's young and largely unproven. I haven't read anyone down on him here...
I guess I was reading into the lack of anticipation as a regard to poor sentiment. I feel like he's played pretty well when given the opportunity in the last few outings, so maybe he's turned the corner.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #230
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 33,455

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
wut? bizzarro world.
What are seizure like symptoms? I am pretty sure you either have a seizure or you don't. There, as it appears to me, seems like there is little wiggle room between having one and not having one.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #231
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 33,455

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Don't get your panties in a wad! I just taught you a valuable life lesson, one that was implicitly understood by 75% of the Orange Mane in grade school, you should be thankful. I'll bill you for my services later.
That you should proofread when typing on a tablet?

Run along loser.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #232
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 7,039

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
Yes. Big game.
Truth. If we ARE down all 4 and Champ isn't Good to go ( REALLY good)
this game will be a struggle. The Kids ( Webster, Ball, Williams, Anderson)
are going to have to step up BIG, and there has not been much evidence of that.

The rest of the team has to step up, and KC is going to need to do the same.

Not liking it right now..
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #233
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,777

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
I guess I was reading into the lack of anticipation as a regard to poor sentiment. I feel like he's played pretty well when given the opportunity in the last few outings, so maybe he's turned the corner.
He hasn't really played all that well actually. Jackson, however, has been balling all year. Hopefully he's the one who picks up most of the snaps.

Williams is just going to need another offseason to prepare for the rigors of playing DT in the NFL. He's just not there yet.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #234
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,897

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
He hasn't really played all that well actually. Jackson, however, has been balling all year. Hopefully he's the one who picks up most of the snaps.

Williams is just going to need another offseason to prepare for the rigors of playing DT in the NFL. He's just not there yet.
I thought he played pretty well with the snaps he got in the first KC game.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #235
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!
 
Blart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,279

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time
Default

Seizures in the NFL are often the result of head injuries. Guys have had them on the plane home after a game.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #236
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 33,455

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
I thought he played pretty well with the snaps he got in the first KC game.
He has been woefully inconsistent.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #237
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 18,222

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Anyone else getting nervous that we are suddenly down 4 starters on D?
By playoffs I expect half the team gone.

**** this year for luck.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #238
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 18,222

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7 View Post
just talked w/ Jim Saccamano for 30 minutes... great guy
Did they put you up in a Holiday Inn Express too?

Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #239
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,897

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
He has been woefully inconsistent.
When looking at his full body of work maybe, but he played well when given a chance against Kansas City, and he played well in his 36 snap relief effort against the Patriots Sunday night.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:08 PM   #240
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 33,455

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
When looking at his full body of work maybe, but he played well when given a chance against Kansas City, and he played well in his 36 snap relief effort against the Patriots Sunday night.
That's a valid point, but I am not comfortable with him getting a huge amount of snaps against a good opponent at home, like Kansas City
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #241
bronco militia
made a business decision"
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 719
Posts: 28,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7 View Post
just talked w/ Jim Saccamano for 30 minutes... great guy
he's always been a douche bag


after the pats loss:

Jim Saccomano
@broncos_sacco
Follow
Hard for those who are not with team or are season tix holders who never miss a game to fully comprehend the personal sting of loss...
12:25 p.m. Mon, Nov 25


https://mobile.twitter.com/broncos_s...54596231360512

thank god he's retiring
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #242
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,897

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
That's a valid point, but I am not comfortable with him getting a huge amount of snaps against a good opponent at home, like Kansas City
I think it takes time for young defensive players to adjust to the Fox/JDR system, and when it clicks, it clicks. We've seen a slow but impact improvement from many of the broncos young players over the last few years, and that allows for a patient approach in my assesment of our defensive youngsters development. For some reason I feel like Sly is going to make the jump as the Broncos finish out the rest of our schedule. It also helps that the kid has fresh legs after only seeing 140 snaps this season, which could also play a big role in his ability to get over whatever rookie wall was preventing him from breaking into the lineup this season. Never underestimate the power of a young, fresh, and motivated kid against road weary vets closing in on games 12-16.

Last edited by DivineLegion; 12-01-2013 at 07:14 AM..
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #243
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,777

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
I thought he played pretty well with the snaps he got in the first KC game.
Case in point would be the 35 yard run Charles got because Williams was out of position and left a gaping hole.

Williams hasn't done anything with the snaps he's gotten up to now. That's not to say he can't improve in the future, but he's not the guy we want at DT for the majority of snaps come Sunday.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #244
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 50,663

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
Case in point would be the 35 yard run Charles got because Williams was out of position and left a gaping hole.

Williams hasn't done anything with the snaps he's gotten up to now. That's not to say he can't improve in the future, but he's not the guy we want at DT for the majority of snaps come Sunday.
Most of that was Rahim staying in when his leg was injured and tried to play through it.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:18 PM   #245
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 27,237

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
he's always been a douche bag


after the pats loss:

Jim Saccomano
@broncos_sacco
Follow
Hard for those who are not with team or are season tix holders who never miss a game to fully comprehend the personal sting of loss...
12:25 p.m. Mon, Nov 25


https://mobile.twitter.com/broncos_s...54596231360512

thank god he's retiring
****ty thing to say but I have met him once back in 1985 (or abouts). We were staying in SD at a hotel that happen to have the AFC West Coaches meetings. I saw this guy with a Broncos helmet in his hand and told him I was a Broncos fan. He invited me after the meetings to get some PR stuff. I left with photos and a Broncos vs Rams American Bowl (Tokyo) poster that I got framed and still hanging in my loft. I will always remember how nice he was to a young teenager.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:26 AM   #246
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer
 
i4jelway7's Avatar
 
In Elway I Trust

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,769
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
he's always been a douche bag


after the pats loss:

Jim Saccomano
@broncos_sacco
Follow
Hard for those who are not with team or are season tix holders who never miss a game to fully comprehend the personal sting of loss...
12:25 p.m. Mon, Nov 25


https://mobile.twitter.com/broncos_s...54596231360512

thank god he's retiring

to each their own but that twitter posting is not a reflection of this man's work.. he has a ton of respect in that organization from the top down... it doesn't get much better than Mr. Saccamano... even after his retirement he is still going to be a consultant to the Broncos & he will have an office at Sports Authority

Last edited by i4jelway7; 12-01-2013 at 05:33 AM..
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:52 AM   #247
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 33,455

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7 View Post
to each their own but that twitter posting is not a reflection of this man's work.. he has a ton of respect in that organization from the top down... it doesn't get much better than Mr. Saccamano... even after his retirement he is still going to be a consultant to the Broncos & he will have an office at Sports Authority
Yeah, I don't think that Sacco meant AT ALL for his tweet to sound like it did. I have only heard great things about him.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:08 AM   #248
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit
 
broncogary's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 6,119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
I think it takes time for young defensive players to adjust to the Fox/JDR system, and when it clicks, it clicks. We've seen a slow but impact improvement from many of the broncos young players over the last few years, and that gives me a lot of patients in my assesment of our defensive youngsters development. For some reason I feel like Sly is going to make the jump as the Broncos finish out the rest of our schedule. It also helps that the kid has fresh legs after only seeing 140 snaps this season, which could also play a big role in his ability to get over whatever rookie wall was preventing him from breaking into the lineup this season. Never underestimate the power of a young, fresh, and motivated kid against road weary vets closing in on games 12-16.
So you're accepting patients?
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #249
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,897

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncogary View Post
So you're accepting patients?
Fixed it thanks.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #250
Hartley
Rookie
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
What are seizure like symptoms? I am pretty sure you either have a seizure or you don't. There, as it appears to me, seems like there is little wiggle room between having one and not having one.
Your right you do or you don't, however, to really be diagnosed with seizures you have to have lots of them or like have one while on EEG monitoring at the hospital. So really all they can definitively say is "seizure like symptoms" since he has not had anymore at the hospital i'm assuming, and his diagnostic EEG looked clear.

I guess you can get some pseudo seizure symptoms from some complex migraines, but it's not really a seizure.

However, in Wolf's case i'm guessing he really did have a seizure, yet he does not have a seizure disorder (good sign). He had one because of the food poisoning, his 20lb weight loss is mostly all water and electrolytes. So if your body looses to much sodium or what-not it lowers your seizure threshold (meaning you bodies cells are not happy and not working properly, so you seize up)

So he shows up at ER, they give him some IV fluids, which fixes his dehydration problem. They rule out a real Seizure disorder with the EEG. He will be fine, but won't be playing today. Next week though should be ready to go.
Hartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:12 PM.


Denver Broncos