The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #76
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
My issue with it is that we ran a crippled Moreno at a crucial point in the game instead of going with a fresh Ball. That's just stupid. Two carries for a guy who literally limped off the field moments before, with the game on the line.
AND a backup CB against a top 3 WR in the league. Putrid play calling right there!
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #77
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Hillman was deactivated after his 2nd fumble....Ball has 3 fumbles now. I wonder if this means Ball will be deactivated and Hillman reinstated...or if this means CJ is gonna be the one to spell Moreno.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #78
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
This fumbling issue is just as much on Studesville than it is on Ball and Hillman at this point.

It's an epidemic and they're clearly not prepared/unequipped to properly carry the football.
It seems late in the season for this, should have been worked on in TC but they are working on ball security this week FINALLY.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I agree it is on Studesville, it is one thing to have one guy with fumbling issues but 3? Someone is not preparing these guys to protect the ball.

I guess if KM is inactive we might see Hillman at some point in the game. If KM is active it will be interesting to see who is the inactive this week. I would sure like to see more CJ Anderson.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #79
whoeey
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Hillman and Ball need to trade places. Anderson needs to be sittin right beside Ball studying the playbook. Also, are Anderson's hands so terrible that he couldn't handle that lob from PFM?
whoeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #80
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
It seems late in the season for this, should have been worked on in TC but they are working on ball security this week FINALLY.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I agree it is on Studesville, it is one thing to have one guy with fumbling issues but 3? Someone is not preparing these guys to protect the ball.

I guess if KM is inactive we might see Hillman at some point in the game. If KM is active it will be interesting to see who is the inactive this week. I would sure like to see more CJ Anderson.
I think we are going to see all three of the new kids. Hillman does have the speed, but he just is not built to go into heavy traffic...Small hands.

Probably mostly Ball, spelled by CJ, with an occasional screen, toss sweep , or pitch out to Hillman to get him outside . And Hopefully they will use some play action ( this assumes that the run game is somewhat effective).

Hillman is the closest thing we have to Charles as far as speed in the backfield.

It would be nice if they actually put in a few plays with 21, 22 personnel , just to cross the cheaps up.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #81
spiralism
Facta Non Verba

Fox MUST go

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon

Rookies fumble a lot in fairness, i wont jump down Ball's throat at all yet cause he could spell Moreno to great effect if he held on to the ****ing thing. Probably still the best option to be honest and they'll work on it...Moreno went from being the same level of butterfingers and an indecisive runner with poor awareness to ****ing Frank Gore so i'd have faith yet. We should keep the faith and see what works regarding RB combos in the final four games.
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:03 AM   #82
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

McGahee last year carried the ball 167 times for Denver and fumbled 5 times. This year in Cleveland he has carried the ball 101 times and has only fumbled once.

Maybe it is the dry Colorado air. The dry cold air makes the ball very hard and slippery. I don't know...grasping straws here.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:15 AM   #83
spiralism
Facta Non Verba

Fox MUST go

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
McGahee last year carried the ball 167 times for Denver and fumbled 5 times. This year in Cleveland he has carried the ball 101 times and has only fumbled once.

Maybe it is the dry Colorado air. The dry cold air makes the ball very hard and slippery. I don't know...grasping straws here.
Nah, i dont buy that. He's averaged about 4 fumbles a season every year and has had a few seasons here and there where his ball security was better for one reason or another. Also, iirc at least 2 of those fumbles came in road games @ Atlanta and NE
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #84
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Benching for 1 fumble is brainless tough-guy coaching.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #85
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Nah, i dont buy that. He's averaged about 4 fumbles a season every year and has had a few seasons here and there where his ball security was better for one reason or another. Also, iirc at least 2 of those fumbles came in road games @ Atlanta and NE
McGahee was not a fumbler until he came to Denver. He did well in Buffalo and Baltimore holding on to the football.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #86
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blart View Post
Benching for 1 fumble is brainless tough-guy coaching.
It is not one fumble. It has been happening all year long. Denver leads the entire NFL in fumbles.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #87
*WARHORSE*
GNASHING OF TEETH

Let the heads roll.........

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lombardi III

I think he should have been benched. Its not like he got hit really hard. Ball was just NOT taking care of the football. Did we lose the game because of this benching? Not in and of itself.

Cons to benching Ball: Moreno got run more, even when he was a little hurt. Did it damage him more? Didnt seem like it. Ball would have brought fresh legs to the party. Other cons? I cant find any.

Pros to benching: You found out that CJ wasnt ready to play. Peyton seemed to be telling him something to do on every play. He tells Moreno and Ball sometimes too, however CJ never seemed to be an option in Peytons mind to throw to or be much of a factor.
Ball, Moreno, Hillman, and CJ got sent the same powerful message: Fumble, youre out. Take care of the damn football or SIT OUT. Anyone notice that fumbalina Knowshon doesnt fumble anymore?
This game while very important is not what we're playing for. Send this message now, and it may payoff when we play NE again in a possible playoff matchup.

Ball is realizing he let his team DOWN. He watched when they had to stick CJ in there vs him. Who was taking the practice reps at number 2? Ball. Who needed to go back into the game battered and tired? Knowshon, and BALL knows this was his fault.

Our Oline crushed the Patriots front seven. Think Ball likes having to look at them after that sissy fumble?

Benching him may not have paid off in this game, but we ran the ball down their throats the whole game and will most assuredly be planning on doing the same thing next time...which means BALL will be remembering his flub. Hold on to the ball BALL.

Those who run the football (and dont fumble) in the playoffs win games.

CJ needs to be better prepared. Im thinking pass protection may be taking a hit when hes in there not to mention not getting the reps in practice.

This week Im sure he will be more of a focus, and this is good.

All in all............I think it was the right choice to bench him.
*WARHORSE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #88
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
It is not one fumble. It has been happening all year long. Denver leads the entire NFL in fumbles.
Ah, so it doesn't just seem it. We never seem to recover them either
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #89
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoeey View Post
Hillman and Ball need to trade places. Anderson needs to be sittin right beside Ball studying the playbook. Also, are Anderson's hands so terrible that he couldn't handle that lob from PFM?
Question should be why PFM hand the ball off to CJ under his chin?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #90
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Get them all ready we're going to need them
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:48 PM   #91
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Question should be why PFM hand the ball off to CJ under his chin?
Under his chin? Really?

Yes, a QB who has 16 years of handing off to numerous RB's over 6400 times is to blame , not the rookie RB who has 7 career carries in the big leagues.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #92
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

they need to find a high coefficient of friction shirt for under their pads/unis.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #93
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Ball's fumble was on the screen pass so I am not as concerned. They had run that play with success earlier, Pats were on it the 2nd time, Ball was trying to make the catch and look for room to run then was hit and it came out.

They should have kept him in the run game after that but it was nice to see CJ get some carries.

I think CJ could have a big day on the ground at kFc and he is our lone home run threat. He was able to get outside vs NE, he can do it vs a depleted and hobbled kFc D that is tumbling down the defensive rankings.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #94
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Yeah and "guess who" leads our team in fumbles?

But yeah, let's just ignore that fact...
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #95
Dean
Solid Starter

After over 35 years of coaching, I can honestly say that the bench is the best motivational tool a coach has. Watch and see if more attention isn't paid to ball security by both backs as they get another chance to play.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:55 PM   #96
whoeey
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Yeah and "guess who" leads our team in fumbles?

But yeah, let's just ignore that fact...
Go ahead and say it. Come on, say it. "Guess who" is the best qb in the NFL right now. Kinda does enuff to stay in the game
whoeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:55 AM   #97
errand
Ring of Famer

QB's are almost always their team's leader in fumbles as they handle the ball on virtually every single offensive play. Amazing how alleged fans have to be reminded of this....
Old 12-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #98
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
After over 35 years of coaching, I can honestly say that the bench is the best motivational tool a coach has. Watch and see if more attention isn't paid to ball security by both backs as they get another chance to play.
sorry, I will take technique and practice over punishment.
a series off to contemplate what the fumble cost a player and his team, fine, but to be banished for the rest of the game or as in hillmans case the rest of the season?
very few players can be like KM and climb out of that hole, AND...
had the injuries not provided an opportunity, we may never have known what burned inside KM and what he was now capable of accomplishing.
Had bledsoe not been injured, I wonder how Bradys future may have played out.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #99
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
sorry, I will take technique and practice over punishment.
a series off to contemplate what the fumble cost a player and his team, fine, but to be banished for the rest of the game or as in hillmans case the rest of the season?.
It was 4 freaking fumbles in limited playing time. It is time for Ball to hit the bench.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #100
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Hillman is active today. Lets see if he plays more like Marshall Faulk today.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote