The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
Bob
Ring of Famer
 
Bob's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 5,336
Default Those who believe in the Constitution's limiting powers may like this...

The We the People Fight Tyranny Game teaches history, the Constitution and the difference between freedom and "free" stuff + it is VERY funny! Take a look at the only history curriculum that you can play.

http://marketplace.theblaze.com/educ...anny-game.html

Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!
 
Blart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,927

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time
Default

I love "freedom" and "liberty". I support the freedom of all people, especially corporations.

I spend the majority of my waking life in a corporation. They tell me what I can wear, what I can say, they monitor my every second on the computer (and censor 90% of the internet), plus they give me 30 minutes to eat lunch. Like I said, I just love freedom.

Last edited by Blart; 11-27-2013 at 07:44 PM..
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blart View Post
I love "freedom" and "liberty". I support the freedom of all people, especially corporations.

I spend the majority of my waking life in a corporation. They tell me what I can wear, what I can say, they monitor my every second on the computer (and censor 90% of the internet), plus they give me 30 minutes to eat lunch. Like I said, I just love freedom.
You have the freedom to find another job, and the liberty to leave this corporation.

They pay you to work, not peruse the internet...they expect you to be professional in your actions and dress, and they pay you to eat your lunch for those 30 minutes

I'm not saying you're a dumbass, but seriously...wouldn't you have to be?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:14 PM   #4
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!
 
Blart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,927

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
You have the freedom to find another job, and the liberty to leave this corporation.

They pay you to work, not peruse the internet...they expect you to be professional in your actions and dress, and they pay you to eat your lunch for those 30 minutes

I'm not saying you're a dumbass, but seriously...wouldn't you have to be?
Yup, you can just leave one corporation and sell yourself to any of the other 5 conglomerates left in the USA. Just as the founders intended. (note to conservatives: that is sarcasm)

How is that any different than "Love it or leave it"? You don't like the "tyranny" of a democratically elected government regulating corporate pollution? Regulating corporate profits from health problems? Regulating minimum wages? You're free to leave.


The point is: libertarians/conservatives interests are directly aligned with the most collectivist, freedom-hating entities in the USA. For irony's sake, they call it liberty.



Last edited by Blart; 11-27-2013 at 11:54 PM..
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #5
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
Peddling the Orange Addiction

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,262

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Work for someone else or die. Those are the only two paths in life.
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:56 PM   #6
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!
 
Blart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,927

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Work for someone else or die. Those are the only two paths in life.
I actually work for myself, **** isn't easy though.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:52 AM   #7
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,166

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blart View Post
I actually work for myself, **** isn't easy though.
5 dollar handies in the bathhouse won't amount to much if you are typing all day.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #8
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
Pimp.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,081

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lucas Reed
Default

A card from the game:



Hmmmm..... As much as I hate the phrase, this does seem to be a perfect example of a:

BowlenBall is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:30 AM.


Denver Broncos