The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #176
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
He needs stick 'em like that WR from the Little Giants.
I think the football is too big for him.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #177
mennonite
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Imagine job where your only responsibilty is to decide whether you should catch a football or not. A simple, basic calculation of "is this safe or is this stupid" combined with your God given physical talent and you can make millions of dollars. And yet you are too dumb to even do that. Cruel irony. That is some Chef Luigi level stupidity right there.
mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #178
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I think the football is too big for him.
like the moment?
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #179
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by mennonite View Post
Imagine job where your only responsibilty is to decide whether you should catch a football or not. A simple, basic calculation of "is this safe or is this stupid" combined with your God given physical talent and you can make millions of dollars. And yet you are too dumb to even do that. Cruel irony. That is some Chef Luigi level stupidity right there.
yes, and then to allow some imbecile to posts idiocy about your poor judgement, hundreds of times no less.
womenonday,
is welker guilty of the same poor judgement or only holiday?
Old 11-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #180
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Look how big the football is compared to him. Easy pickings for a strip muff.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #181
TonyR
Franchise Poster

I hate to say it, because the guy is electric and can be fun to watch. But if it were up to me the "Trindon Holliday Experiment" would be over. I think he's been a net negative overall the last several weeks. Just haven't been enough positives to justify the risk. The only reason I'd be okay with him staying is that we don't appear to have anyone else who can do the job. Welker has made at least two mistakes in the role.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #182
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
Holliday should have made the play, but JDR should have just got to halftime up 24-0, and it wouldn't have mattered.
I think Del Rio got greedy when NE called those two time outs just before punting.

I know I was.

The only way Holliday should've even tried to field that punt was if it was short and he was coming under it with a full head of steam.

Othwerwise, get the hell away from it.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #183
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I hate to say it, because the guy is electric and can be fun to watch. But if it were up to me the "Trindon Holliday Experiment" would be over. I think he's been a net negative overall the last several weeks. Just haven't been enough positives to justify the risk. The only reason I'd be okay with him staying is that we don't appear to have anyone else who can do the job. Welker has made at least two mistakes in the role.
I'm fine with how they handled him last season. Kickoffs and punts when a return is possible/likely.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #184
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I'm fine with how they handled him last season. Kickoffs and punts when a return is possible/likely.
That's right, we had that slow, white safety do punt returns when they were more risky. Forgot about that.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #185
itswutz4dinna
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Well, since you can't advance a muffed punt, the answer to his question was this is safe because there was absolutely 0 negative to muffing that punt. How many points did the Pats score off that TO?

Holliday absolutely made the correct decision on that play and taking him out cost us the game.
itswutz4dinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #186
itswutz4dinna
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
I think Del Rio got greedy when NE called those two time outs just before punting.

I know I was.

The only way Holliday should've even tried to field that punt was if it was short and he was coming under it with a full head of steam.

Othwerwise, get the hell away from it.
If he doesn't field it, we get a Hail Mary. If he muffs it, they get a Hail Mary. If he catches it, there is a higher than Haily Mary % chance he scores and pretty much ends the game. So by going for the ball the score was eithet going to remain 24-0 or be 31-0.

I don't know if that's what was going through his mind, but in hindsight he made a brilliant decision.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #187
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
That's right, we had that slow, white safety do punt returns when they were more risky. Forgot about that.
they tried decker at punt returns but it was embarrassing watching him signaling for a fair catch before the ball was even snapped.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #188
itswutz4dinna
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

And should we blame DT for catching the TD that sent the game to overtime, where Moreno got hurt? Or blame the D for holding the Pats to a FG, allowing the game to continue and more injuries to occur? If not, then shut up about Holliday getting DRC hurt. Maybe Manning would have blown out his knee on the next play if Holliday fair caught the ball.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #189
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
And should we blame DT for catching the TD that sent the game to overtime, where Moreno got hurt? Or blame the D for holding the Pats to a FG, allowing the game to continue and more injuries to occur? If not, then shut up about Holliday getting DRC hurt. Maybe Manning would have blown out his knee on the next play if Holliday fair caught the ball.
Holliday shouldn't **** up like that. That's the point. Fair catch or get the **** away from the ball.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #190
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
president kennedy has been shot, thanks alot trinton !
Old 11-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #191
itswutz4dinna
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Holliday shouldn't **** up like that. That's the point. Fair catch or get the **** away from the ball.
Fair catching or getting away from the ball would BOTH be horrible decisions. In that situation you go for the TD no matter what, because nothing bad happens if you muff it. He could have done a better job actually catching it but his decision was perfect.

And wasn't last week the only other muffed punt he has this year? Which he recovered? So he has 0 negative plays for the team, 2 TDs, and the 2nd highest return avg. in the league. Yeah, let's cut this guy.....(not that you ever said cut him)
Old 11-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #192
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Fair catching or getting away from the ball would BOTH be horrible decisions. In that situation you go for the TD no matter what, because nothing bad happens if you muff it. He could have done a better job actually catching it but his decision was perfect.

And wasn't last week the only other muffed punt he has this year? Which he recovered? So he has 0 negative plays for the team, 2 TDs, and the 2nd highest return avg. in the league. Yeah, let's cut this guy.....(not that you ever said cut him)
0 negative plays? Do you watch the games? Guess you missed his fumble deep in their own territory in the colts game. Or the several times he's decided not to fair catch/ or had fair catches inside the 5 yard line.

That last series before halftime was more about JDR thinking the wind would screw the punt up giving the ball in pats territory. Possible long FG with 20 mph behind a prater kick. Also he has TD potential and it's an attempt at trying for one.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 11-25-2013 at 09:43 PM..
Old 11-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #193
itswutz4dinna
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
0 negative plays? Do you watch the games? Guess you missed his fumble deep in their own territory in the colts game.

That last series before halftime was more about JDR thinking the wind would screw the punt up giving the ball in pats territory. Possible long FG with 20 mph behind a prater kick.
Yeah, forgot about that Colts one. So that's 1. I haven't really seen him make many bad choices in terms of fair catching. It was Welker that tried to catch one at the 3 AND muffed it. And then last night let one go at the 20 AND didn't wave anyone off in time. Welker has made about twice as many mistakes this year in what, 4 opportunities?

Really people are making way too much out of that entire sequence. I think everybody did the right thing, including possibly DRC if he was really thinking return TD and not just padding his stats. Just an unfortunate injury, but it's not like someone needs to be blamed for it. And the Pats didn't score either so I can't get mad at that sequence at all.

Last edited by itswutz4dinna; 11-25-2013 at 09:47 PM..
Old 11-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #194
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yeah, forgot about that Colts one. So that's 1.

Really people are making way too much out of that entire sequence. I think everybody did the right thing, including possibly DRC if he was really thinking return TD and not just padding his stats. Just an unfortunate injury, but it's not like someone needs to be blamed for it. And the Pats didn't score either so I can't get mad at that sequence at all.
I just see bad decisions when it comes to catching the ball at certain times or deciding to wave it off with him. Once he does have it then he can get chunks of yards. But he's sketch before the catch. That can't happen in the playoffs. As far as DRC, he should've just let that one go. Good thing it's not serious.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #195
itswutz4dinna
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I just see bad decisions when it comes to catching the ball at certain times or deciding to wave it off with him. Once he does have it then he can get chunks of yards. But he's sketch before the catch. That can't happen in the playoffs. As far as DRC, he should've just let that one go. Good thing it's not serious.
Oh he definitely scares me before he has the ball but for the most part he's handled it I think this year. It's not like last year where we need Leonhard for fair catches.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #196
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Oh he definitely scares me before he has the ball but for the most part he's handled it I think this year. It's not like last year where we need Leonhard for fair catches.
two fair catches would have been an upgrade on our punt day.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #197
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

It is one thing to live with his mistakes when he makes up for them with points but when the muffs start to out weigh the points then they will have to make a choice.

I think keeping him on as KR is imperative but maybe getting Welker, Webster, Decker, Caldwell, Champ(?) some reps in practice as a hands guy.

I do wish our ST coach would have sold out for the punt block and kept Welker back in the endzone and have him run past everyone and not even bothered to return it. Our run game would have got us out of a ball at the one. They could have played to the tie rather than lose it on a mistake.

Long term Holliday needs to execute or start staking out a kiosk at the mall to man.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #198
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
It's almost as though Trindon has some visual depth perception issues.
The issue is not whether he should catch the ball or not, it's whether he's judged the ball's trajectory and landing angle right. Sometimes the ball goes right thru his hands, sometimes it bounces off his chest, sometimes it bounces off his hands, it's kind of along those lines that he seems to be having the most trouble with
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #199
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
this
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #200
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

How many games have to go by without a TD before his fumbling and turnovers are more than his production? I think it is getting close to considering a replacement.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote