The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
TD4HOF's Avatar
 
He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sonoran Desert
Posts: 921

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlen’s Legacy
Default Division Leaders Wanna Stay Leading

Pardon me if this has been discussed elsewhere.

Suppose Denver loses in KC two weeks from now, what will it take to win the division? What tiebreaker scenarios are we looking at? We would have split the season series and the possibility of dual 14-2 records is quite strong.

Could be the difference between a 1-seed and a 5-seed.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,397

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Chiefs have a tough schedule at the back end while we get easier after the @ Chiefs game.

Beat AFC teams and division foes to keep as #1 when discussing possible tie-breakers.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,397

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Chiefs have a tough schedule at the back end while we get easier after the @ Chiefs game.

Beat AFC teams and division foes to keep as #1 when discussing possible tie-breakers.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,234

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD4HOF View Post
Suppose Denver loses in KC two weeks from now, what will it take to win the division? What tiebreaker scenarios are we looking at? We would have split the season series and the possibility of dual 14-2 records is quite strong.
Here are the "within the division" tiebreakers. In short, if we split, it would go division record, then common games, then conference games, and so on.

1.Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3.Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5.Strength of victory.
6.Strength of schedule.
7.Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8.Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9.Best net points in common games.
10.Best net points in all games.
11.Best net touchdowns in all games.
12.Coin toss
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,844
Default

Not worried about it yet at all. Chiefs are going to lose another 3 games this yr easy.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,844
Default

I don't even need to look at the schedule, Cheifs will finish about 12-4
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #7
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue
 
Eldorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,288

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD4HOF View Post
Pardon me if this has been discussed elsewhere.

Suppose Denver loses in KC two weeks from now, what will it take to win the division? What tiebreaker scenarios are we looking at? We would have split the season series and the possibility of dual 14-2 records is quite strong.

Could be the difference between a 1-seed and a 5-seed.
If we win out with the exception of KC in 2 weeks the following are possible:

1) KC wins out: they win division by record.

2)KC loses only to wash: They win division on conference record.

3) KC loses only to indy: strength of victory will decide. Probs us, as we will have beaten Baltimore and NE, whom will presumably have better records than Cleveland and buffalo, which would be the only difference in the records of the victories the 2 teams had.

4) KC loses only any other game besides Indi and wash, but wins out the others (i.e beating every other opponent but 1 of the 3 division games left): we win on division record.

Last edited by Eldorado; 11-18-2013 at 01:02 PM..
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,207

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

With 6 games left, each one counts big time, with 2 teams at 9-1 in the same division. IMO, if we lost to NE, we would HAVE to win at Arrowhead.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #9
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue
 
Eldorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,288

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
With 6 games left, each one counts big time, with 2 teams at 9-1 in the same division. IMO, if we lost to NE, we would HAVE to win at Arrowhead.
We can lose to NE and KC and win the div IF KC loses any one of the 3 divisional games left and any 1 other opponent. We win that one on Div record.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #10
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

6 games is an eternity. Win next week against the Pats.... then the game after that, and then the next game.

The only game the Broncos can control against KC is in two weeks. Other than that just take care of your own business.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #11
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..
 
Jekyll15Hyde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
If we win out with the exception of KC in 2 weeks the following are possible:

1) KC wins out: they win division by record.

2)KC loses only to wash: They win division on conference record.

3) KC loses only to indy: strength of victory will decide. Probs us, as we will have beaten Baltimore and NE, whom will presumably have better records than Cleveland and buffalo, which would be the only difference in the records of the victories the 2 teams had.

4) KC loses only any other game besides Indi and wash, but wins out the others (i.e beating every other opponent but 1 of the 3 division games left): we win on division record.
Not sure I follow...
Wouldnt we both be 5-1 in the division then?
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #12
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue
 
Eldorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,288

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
Not sure I follow...
Wouldnt we both be 5-1 in the division then?
Yup. But they'd be 15-1 and we'd be 14-2.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #13
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,516

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
Not sure I follow...
Wouldnt we both be 5-1 in the division then?
We would have at least 2 losses and KC would be 15-1.

Not going to happen, but They would take the division.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #14
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..
 
Jekyll15Hyde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
Yup. But they'd be 15-1 and we'd be 14-2.
Got it... Occam's razor in play again!
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #15
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,850
Default

Wait... I dont think strength of victory has anything to do with who we play, more so just how much we tend to win by. Currently we are winning that battle big time. However, I agree that kc will lose at least 3 more. Honeymoon is over. No way we lose more than 2 from here on out.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #16
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 20,221
Default

No need to worry Chiefs will lose 4 of the next 6 games
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:26 PM.


Denver Broncos