The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2013, 04:25 AM   #26
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Andy Reid is the most dangerous aspect of the Chiefs.

Unfortunately for Denver, we play them after a bye and our tendencies will be an open book.

Fortunately for Denver, we adjusted a lot of them after our own bye and play KC late enough into the season that we know very well how Andy uses his current squad.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #27
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Broncos need to play tight man to man defense on every WR and Charles. Then come after Smith. He's not talented enough IMO to get the ball deep enough to beat the Broncos. Wthout easy underneath throws against a zone he will fall apart.

Also what Cheif WR are we worried can shake loose deep enough to beat us? None of them IMO. Bowe will have to play without weed and the withdraws will make him worthless!

Last edited by cutthemdown; 11-16-2013 at 07:59 AM..
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #28
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Andy Reid is the most dangerous aspect of the Chiefs.

Unfortunately for Denver, we play them after a bye and our tendencies will be an open book.

Fortunately for Denver, we adjusted a lot of them after our own bye and play KC late enough into the season that we know very well how Andy uses his current squad.
Because this game so big I feel Broncos have put things on tape just for the Cheif game. They will have a number of new plays to run out of formations they cheifs have seen a ton of film on. One IMO will be a quick screen fake to DT and instead going deep to Orange Julious right down the seem on the Chiefs aggressive saftey's. Chiefs are going down, big!. Doesn't matter they are after the bye week, they are coming to Denver and our defense about to start winning games for us.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #29
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I'm so used to sparking up a kush joint before gigs if i can't smoke I drop my sax and **** myself all over the stage. Just think what will happen to Bowe considering he was doing that before he had to quit.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #30
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

What happened the last 10 years has no effect on tomorrow's game
LongDongJohnson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #31
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
What happened the last 10 years has no effect on tomorrow's game
That's true. It doesn't directly effect tomorrow's game, but it is a strong indicator that Reid has his teams well prepared the week after the bye and they play exceptionally well.

I like it a whole lot better than Reid being, say, 2-11 following a bye.
TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #32
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

They can't be compared like a typical 13-1 team in one season. A 13-1 team would be heavy favorites in every game. Not every one of his teams over 14 years had the talent of a "13-1" team. He compiled this record by being one of the most prepared teams each time. The Vegas spreads on those games were close. The Eagles usually won by more than predicted. I'm surprised to discover that the Eagles were supposed to lose to the Bills and Giants, and they were 8-point underdogs vs the Rams. Sound familiar?
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #33
TopekaRoy
The Wizard of Oz

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
They can't be compared like a typical 13-1 team in one season.
I agree. Who was comparing them to a typical 13-1 team?

Quote:
A 13-1 team would be heavy favorites in every game. ...
Not necessarily. I know a certain 9-0 team that is not a heavy favorite, but I'm not clear on what argument you are rebutting.

Or are you starting a new argument of your own?

TopekaRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #34
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

I'm giving Reid the credit he's due by going 13-1 in the NFL. He wasn't supposed to beat every team, and he did beat the teams he was supposed to by more than expected.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #35
ROYC75
Here to moderate da donks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Broncos need to play tight man to man defense on every WR and Charles. Then come after Smith. He's not talented enough IMO to get the ball deep enough to beat the Broncos. Wthout easy underneath throws against a zone he will fall apart.

Also what Cheif WR are we worried can shake loose deep enough to beat us? None of them IMO. Bowe can not weed his way through our secondary leaving him weedless!

Silly Bronco fan, I fixed your post for you.
ROYC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:22 AM   #36
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

I wouldn't want marty shottenheimer or andy reid. O wait the chiefs had one and will fail with the other.
Check. I wouldn't mind marty as a regular season coach.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:16 AM   #37
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Andy Reid: Good Enough To Make You Hate Him For How Bad He Was

Bless his weird, stoic, confused heart, and off with his head. There will be plenty of people lining up to tell you that Reid was the worst fourth-quarter tactician in the league, a big-game choker, a bullheaded misuser of talent, a nincompoop, a slowly sinking barge to nowhere. Most of that is true. He was also a better coach than most franchises—and certainly the eternally scattershot and dysfunctional Eagles—usually see.

That is why Eagles fans hated him so. Andy Reid's Eagles were good. At times, they were very, very good. For 14 years—or rather for the greater part of 12 of those years—the Eagles were about as good as anybody else in the league. Sixteen times each season, or 17 or 18 or even 19 times, Reid's teams took the field with an undeniably plausible chance of winning.

It's a strange thing to be galled about, when you step back and consider it, but it was galling. The number of times they actually did win topped out in 2004-05, at 15: 13 regular-season victories, two playoff victories, and the ball in Donovan McNabb's hands with 5:40 to go in the Super Bowl, within striking distance of a beatable Patriots team. The Eagles needed two scores, and they got one of them—on that still-baffling three-minute-45-second slow march down the field, their relentless downfield progress matched by the even-more-relentless draining of the clock. It was the Andy Reid-iest sequence of Andy Reid's career; I watched it with a friend who hates the Eagles, and he abandoned his rooting interest and started yelling at the TV set in sheer objective disbelief and frustration. How could any team be so stupid with so much on the line?

http://deadspin.com/5972253/andy-rei...how-bad-he-was
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #38
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Someone please remind me of Reid's record off a bye?
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #39
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Someone please remind me of Reid's record off a bye?
13-2
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote