The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
ThoseBuckingBroncos
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Aldon Smith dangerous thug vs Von Miller silly stoner

I for the life of me can't figure out how Aldon just quietly slipped back into into the 49ers lineup considering his baggage/legal issues without a word from Roger Goodhell and little mention of it in the media aside from speculation on his playing time. Considering what Von got for a far less serious offense that didn't put the public in any danger, there is no way this loser should even be sniffing the field again this year. I know there was a lot more focus on the issue of fairness on these boards when Von was still suspended, but ever since he came back it has been kind of out of sight and mind. It doesn't make the whole situation stink any less. We all know Von get it stuck to him for lying to/manipulating Supreme Overlord Goodhell, but why is everyone in the media leaving the topic of suspending Aldon alone when Von was raked over the coals for just being a little immature?
ThoseBuckingBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

In my opinion, the Niners played they sympathy card by getting him into "treatment". It was a sly move on their part and the NFL would have looked bad by punishing a player who's just looking to turn his life around. Bull**** if you ask me.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseBuckingBroncos View Post
I for the life of me can't figure out how Aldon just quietly slipped back into into the 49ers lineup considering his baggage/legal issues without a word from Roger Goodhell and little mention of it in the media aside from speculation on his playing time. Considering what Von got for a far less serious offense that didn't put the public in any danger, there is no way this loser should even be sniffing the field again this year. I know there was a lot more focus on the issue of fairness on these boards when Von was still suspended, but ever since he came back it has been kind of out of sight and mind. It doesn't make the whole situation stink any less. We all know Von get it stuck to him for lying to/manipulating Supreme Overlord Goodhell, but why is everyone in the media leaving the topic of suspending Aldon alone when Von was raked over the coals for just being a little immature?
Yeah, Von really got a bad rep for immaturity while Aldon's situation got swept under the rug pretty quick over some serious ****...I would say 49ers played the media game better than the Broncos, but it was really 2 different situations.

Broncos never had a chance to take the punishment into their own hands, where as the 49ers did. Von's actions were directly tied into the NFL (drug testing) whereas Aldon's wasn't.

Aldon didn't get busted while he was on punishment either though
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

He will still be suspended by the league. He better be.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseBuckingBroncos View Post
because he admitted his problem and took time off to treat his problem, so he catches a break on the media backlash.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #6
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
because he admitted his problem and took time off to treat his problem, so he catches a break on the media backlash.
Yeah, but what about the gun charges??
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #7
Bronco
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Talib

Aldon's treatment at rehab was considered his punishment. Do you guys even watch nfl network all day?
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #8
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Yeah, but what about the gun charges??
I didn't know about that. Anyhow, Von screwed himself by playing games with the commish and he got busted. Hopefully he permanently learned his lesson.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #9
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I didn't know about that. Anyhow, Von screwed himself by playing games with the commish and he got busted. Hopefully he permanently learned his lesson.
He will likely be suspended after his court date.

I think since he was out of treatment he had to go back to the 49ers and participate. If he is busted for his gun issue he could be gone for another extended period which could hurt the 9ers more as it is spread out over a couple years than if he were just gone this year.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #10
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
In my opinion, the Niners played they sympathy card by getting him into "treatment". It was a sly move on their part and the NFL would have looked bad by punishing a player who's just looking to turn his life around. Bull**** if you ask me.

Exactly....his agent told him to get into "treatment".

Unfortunately those others issues along with the DUIs will

be his undoing................6 games upcoming.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:48 PM   #11
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
very good point but I doubt too much is being said about Von. If it was a PED then he deserves all the **** you can pile on (like we did to Merriman and Castillo a few years ago). I don't give an excuse for Miller but I think it is done but NFL is still watching which scares me if Von isn't smart enough this time around.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #12
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

in a word jurisdiction.
T%he NFL must wait for the LEGAL system to quantify the smith violations.
Von was in violation of NFL rules and therefore the NFL could act as judge and jury.
with smith, they must wait for a court verdict to asses a penalty.
bronco fans should be more concerned about VON keeping his nose clean than weather or not smith ends up with his nose in a corner.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:20 AM   #13
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Also, Von tried to/did bribe people about his samples...
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #14
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Also, Von tried to/did bribe people about his samples...
If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote