The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #401
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
I don't think KC is going into Denver and winning, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are 'exposed' as frauds. If Denver fans truly believe in the strength of their team then they should feel confident against anyone.

If you were to go back to the beginning of the season and ask a Chiefs fan which game had the highest probability of a loss, most would point to this one. I don't think even the most homer of Chiefs fans think 16-0 is possible, so why would losing their toughest game be a surprise? I guess I just don't understand the meaning people are trying to attach to this game, especially given the week to week nature of the NFL.
I don't think a loss will expose KC as frauds. If they get blown out, it would be a bit of a reality check to many KC fans though.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #402
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
Excellent post. The media is making a big deal out of this because the Chiefs haven't beaten anybody really good, yet. Of course, neither have the Broncos! If the Chiefs do lose, it's not that big of a deal. We'll have rematch in Arrowhead in 2 weeks either way.

I just want a good close game so we don't have to listen to the national sports media talking heads saying "See? I told you so," for the next two weeks.

You would think all the pressure to win is on the Chiefs because they are undefeated. Actually, it's on the Broncos. They are at home, big favorites to win and a loss will put then 2 games back in the division. If the Chiefs lose they will still be tied for first place with a chance to get the win (and reclaim the lead) in Arrowhead.
SD was a much bigger test for the Broncos than the one dimensional Chefs will be. SD has a QB who can get the ball downfield and a TE who can get downfield and catch it. They may be thin at WR but I do not see Alice being able to do anything near what Rivers was able to do.

kFc's drives will be 15 play dink and dunk variety that stall in the REID Zone and you guys will settle for FG's. Lesser teams with lesser talent on D have been able to force kFc to punt multiple times. I can really see domination by the start of the 3rd quarter by our D. Charles will be held to his 3.7 YPC we contained Vick, they will contain Alice when he goes TEBOW after his 1st option is covered. I like Trevathan and Woodyard vs kFc Small Ball pass routes. Bowe will be a non-factor especially with Champ back. I don't see how kFc can win either of the games road or home.

Really the only way kFc can hang in this game is the same way SD did, via turnovers or if Manning cannot finish the game or both.

I feel much more confident about beating down kFc now that we beat SD at home. I also like the chances of SD sweeping kFc this year as well.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #403
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
SD was a much bigger test for the Broncos than the one dimensional Chefs will be. SD has a QB who can get the ball downfield and a TE who can get downfield and catch it. They may be thin at WR but I do not see Alice being able to do anything near what Rivers was able to do.

kFc's drives will be 15 play dink and dunk variety that stall in the REID Zone and you guys will settle for FG's. Lesser teams with lesser talent on D have been able to force kFc to punt multiple times. I can really see domination by the start of the 3rd quarter by our D. Charles will be held to his 3.7 YPC we contained Vick, they will contain Alice when he goes TEBOW after his 1st option is covered. I like Trevathan and Woodyard vs kFc Small Ball pass routes. Bowe will be a non-factor especially with Champ back. I don't see how kFc can win either of the games road or home.

Really the only way kFc can hang in this game is the same way SD did, via turnovers or if Manning cannot finish the game or both.

I feel much more confident about beating down kFc now that we beat SD at home. I also like the chances of SD sweeping kFc this year as well.
Well, the Broncos pourous D gives up 48 points and 500 yards. Surely Alex will get at least 300 since the Broncos are that bad.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #404
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Well, the Broncos pourous D gives up 48 points and 500 yards. Surely Alex will get at least 300 since the Broncos are that bad.
You clowns gave up 470 yards to a team led by a 3rd string QB, so what's your point?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #405
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Yuk, Yuk!

You look dumber and dumber each time you post this. I can see why you had to leave the kFc boards, you were too stupid even for those hicks.

Cracks me up how you had to downward project your expectations from matching Dallas's output of 500 yards down to an NFL avg 300 yards.

Your not even bothering to project the point scored downward because you know offensively it is only going to be in the 6-13 range.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #406
errand
Ring of Famer

KC's rush defense has surrendered over 240 yards twice this season.....Knowshon should have a pretty good game
Old 11-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #407
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
This is blatant trolling considering I KNOW you know this isn't true.

I know you know the broncos were down 5 starters that game. And i know you know they've played much better defense since.

But youre a trolling a-hole and I wish you would just **** the hell off.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #408
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

The funny thing is that Alice had only 124 yards passing last game. For him to get to 300 would take a good 10 quarters of work.

The smack talking Bronco fan part of me wants to bet he has more rushing yards than passing this week, his 1st option will be covered and he will be running for his life from Von. I bet they even have to come out with some designed QB runs to keep our D honest for a while.

The realistic football fan part of me knows that Von will be able to run down Alice before he can get back to the LOS so Alice will have more passing than rushing yards but unless they get lucky and air it out downfield it won't be more than the 124 he got vs the Bills and their '85 bears D.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #409
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yuk, Yuk!

You look dumber and dumber each time you post this. I can see why you had to leave the kFc boards, you were too stupid even for those hicks.

Cracks me up how you had to downward project your expectations from matching Dallas's output of 500 yards down to an NFL avg 300 yards.

Your not even bothering to project the point scored downward because you know offensively it is only going to be in the 6-13 range.
Coming from you this is far too grand.

You don't look in depth at anything.

Perfect example is that you claim we "dink and dunk" all the time. ESPN just noted that 24 of Manning's 33 TD's were passes less than 10 yards! Dink and dunk city baby!!!
Old 11-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #410
Bronco
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Talib

Quote:

Perfect example is that you claim we "dink and dunk" all the time. ESPN just noted that 24 of Manning's 33 TD's were passes less than 10 yards! Dink and dunk city baby!!!
whats the ESPN stat about Smith's whopping 9 td passes this season?
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #411
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #412
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
KC's rush defense has surrendered over 240 yards twice this season.....Knowshon should have a pretty good game
Thats why we didnt run CJ Anderson last week. We wanted to unleash our secret weapon this week
broncolife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #413
Chiefsteak
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
you guys are really buying knowshon as a quality back now? can you really just ignore what your eyes had seen the three years prior? and you dare compare KM to the likes of Lesean McCoy, CJ Spiller and Fred Spiller?

while you're asking yourself these questions, look up how the chiefs handled the running game in their seven other games.
Chiefsteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #414
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:

So 9 of his others were bombs? Alice Bono only has 9 passing TD's all year!

Old 11-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #415
Chiefsteak
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So 9 of his others were bombs? Alice Bono only has 9 wins all year!

FYP
Old 11-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #416
BroncsCheer
Scrappy, cerebral poster

There is no dark side on the moon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny T

Who the **** is Fred Spiller?
BroncsCheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #417
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:

That's how you beat a pass rush; a quick release and superior receivers.

Something Reid has been trying to do in KC with an inferior QB and average WOs.

KC dinks and dunks, Denver score TDs.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #418
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

You do realize the D's that play Denver always keep 2 deep safeties. I'm hoping that KC keeps up with the single high safety on sunday.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #419
Chiefsteak
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsCheer View Post
Who the **** is Fred Spiller?
obviously i meant Jackson since i wrote CJ Spiller before it. but if your only way of discrediting my case is by pointing out a name flub, then my point was made.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #420
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Yeah, well when you score TD's instead of FG's inside the red zone that's bound to be the case
Old 11-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #421
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsteak View Post
you guys are really buying knowshon as a quality back now? can you really just ignore what your eyes had seen the three years prior? and you dare compare KM to the likes of Lesean McCoy, CJ Spiller and Fred Spiller?

while you're asking yourself these questions, look up how the chiefs handled the running game in their seven other games.

Knowshon is a quality RB who can run, catch and block pretty well....he's no Adrian Petersen, but then again who is?

He has 521 yards rushing and 336 yards receiving...and 9 total TD's which is pretty damn good considering his QB is PFM, who has an assortment of WR's and a talented young TE to throw to.

He will produce Sunday night and in a big way in my humble opinion.

Last edited by errand; 11-13-2013 at 08:44 PM..
Old 11-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #422
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Chief fans have to be delusional if they expect Denver's defense to be similar to the Cowboys game.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #423
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsteak View Post

Nov 25th 2012 at Analhead
KM had 85 yards on the ground. Denver wins 17-9

Dec 30th 2012 at Mile High
38 - 3
KM had 44 yards on the ground. Hester and Ball had even more ground yardage.

Nov 13th 2011
Denver 17 kFc 10
KM had 52 yards on the ground, Ball had 90+

KM didn't play in the Tebow 3-7 loss.

Nov 11 2010
KM had 106 yards in a 49-29 Bronco Win.

December 5th 2010
KM 160 yards in a 6-10 loss

December 6th 2009
KM 86 yards in a Broncos win 44 -13

Jan 3 2009
KM had 50 yards on the ground in a 44 - 24 loss

He can break off a big day vs a on dimensional team if he wants.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #424
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post

What I can't understand is people loving the Dallas/Fort Worth area. They do, but it doesn't make sense to me. To each there own. However, its clear to me that there are a lot of transplants in Denver and many of them claim to love it here.

One word stripbars!!
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #425
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
Chief fans have to be delusional if they expect Denver's defense to be similar to the Cowboys game.
Delusion has been faded on both sides. I mean, KC's defense apparently has no chance.

People here say they haven't played anyone good (false), but yet ignore that Denver has played terrible defenses all year long, except the team that beat them and a Ravens team that was scrambled at the beginning of the year with several new starters and no chemistry at all.