The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #26
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Didn't you know? It's one unit area, one vote. It says so right in the USC, right after the part about the US being a Christian nation.


Could you be more specific? Where is it in relation to the part where it says taxes are illegal?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #27
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
Most of Virginia is very far right and like most of the US the city w the largest population rules the roost. In this case its the Northern Virginia area (DC) which is full of granola eating, Prius driving, turtle neck wearing libs. This part of the city is completely opposite from the rest of the state.

Translation: Not enough toothless hicks to pull this one out for the TeaPublicans.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #28
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,032

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Funny, the democrat candidate spends a ton more than the republican or libertarian in VA, which means got far more money contributed by the "evil" wealthy. Yeah, I know it's different, they must be the "good" wealthy ones. Maybe people should start figuring out why the democrats are getting more money than anybody else from the wealthy instead of the usual pretend it isn't happening routine. Maybe the wealthy prosper more with democrats since they seem to screw up everything for everybody else besides the rich.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #29
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 11,969

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Funny, the democrat candidate spends a ton more than the republican or libertarian in VA, which means got far more money contributed by the "evil" wealthy. Yeah, I know it's different, they must be the "good" wealthy ones. Maybe people should start figuring out why the democrats are getting more money than anybody else from the wealthy instead of the usual pretend it isn't happening routine. Maybe the wealthy prosper more with democrats since they seem to screw up everything for everybody else besides the rich.
+

=
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #30
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 35,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Funny, the democrat candidate spends a ton more than the republican or libertarian in VA, which means got far more money contributed by the "evil" wealthy. Yeah, I know it's different, they must be the "good" wealthy ones. Maybe people should start figuring out why the democrats are getting more money than anybody else from the wealthy instead of the usual pretend it isn't happening routine. Maybe the wealthy prosper more with democrats since they seem to screw up everything for everybody else besides the rich.
Well they realize without govt pumping up the economy they would have to invest their own money to do the same. Right now though you can go out and get Obama to give 400 million, and then you can just go bankrupt.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #31
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!
 
L.A. BRONCOS FAN's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a bunker in an undisclosed location
Posts: 53,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
+

=
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #32
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Funny, the democrat candidate spends a ton more than the republican or libertarian in VA, which means got far more money contributed by the "evil" wealthy. Yeah, I know it's different, they must be the "good" wealthy ones. Maybe people should start figuring out why the democrats are getting more money than anybody else from the wealthy instead of the usual pretend it isn't happening routine. Maybe the wealthy prosper more with democrats since they seem to screw up everything for everybody else besides the rich.
you dipshet, the reason he lost was because moderate republicans did not support him.The dems are getting more money because the candidates that the GOP puts out there are bat shet crazy.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #33
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,566

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
you dipshet, the reason he lost was because moderate republicans did not support him.The dems are getting more money because the candidates that the GOP puts out there are bat shet crazy.
And that was true in this case. I don't live there anymore, but most of my moderate friends did not consider him at all. In fact, I can't think of one person I still talk to from there that did.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #34
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 52,938

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Is big business turning against the Tea Party radicals?
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/big-...way-2D11577339
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #35
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,949

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Funny how hardily these kids will rally around a win by a quintessential K-street lobbyist so long as he wears the right letter behind his name.

They give the standing-o to the big money Wall-street guy eeking out an election with 2-1 spending, yet wail and moan any time money swings things the other direction.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 11-13-2013 at 07:31 AM..
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #36
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 52,938

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Funny how hardily these kids will rally around a win by a quintessential K-street lobbyist so long as he wears the right letter behind his name.

They give the standing-o to the big money Wall-street guy eeking out an election with 2-1 spending, yet wail and moan any time money swings things the other direction.
What on Earth are you talking about? Do you even know?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #37
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,343
Default

Sometimes I think Beavis, cutthead, and barry are all the same poster.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #38
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Funny how hardily these kids will rally around a win by a quintessential K-street lobbyist so long as he wears the right letter behind his name.

They give the standing-o to the big money Wall-street guy eeking out an election with 2-1 spending, yet wail and moan any time money swings things the other direction.
It's already been discussed, and apparently you missed it. It just proves that you can run pretty much anyone against the crazies in your party. Since you never answer direct questions, I'm putting on my best Beavis voice and shoving some words in your mouth for once. Your incorrect assumption here is that a "K-street lobbyist" is somehow less-preferable than the far right lunatics who have co-opted your party. Your feeling is that a guy like Ted Cruz is better for this country because at least he's not more of the same. Sorry, chump. Status quo may not be great, but I'd love to see a mother****ing ticker-tape parade every time people like Palin, Bachmann, Cruz or any of those other people are told to shut up and go back to where they belong, i.e. under a rock.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #39
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,949

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
It's already been discussed, and apparently you missed it. It just proves that you can run pretty much anyone against the crazies in your party. Since you never answer direct questions, I'm putting on my best Beavis voice and shoving some words in your mouth for once. Your incorrect assumption here is that a "K-street lobbyist" is somehow less-preferable than the far right lunatics who have co-opted your party. Your feeling is that a guy like Ted Cruz is better for this country because at least he's not more of the same. Sorry, chump. Status quo may not be great, but I'd love to see a mother****ing ticker-tape parade every time people like Palin, Bachmann, Cruz or any of those other people are told to shut up and go back to where they belong, i.e. under a rock.
Don't think I've ever said much of anything about Cruz, Palin, or Bachmann.

But then again, the Populism shtick isn't my thing. Whether it's the pseudo-folksy Tea-Partier, or the Double-dealin D's Preachin it up for the po' folk while knifin' 'em in the back for their bundler buddies.

Compromise is required. And the rhetoric thrown out by either side of that coin pretty much makes that an impossibility.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #40
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Don't think I've ever said much of anything about Cruz, Palin, or Bachmann.

But then again, the Populism shtick isn't my thing. Whether it's the pseudo-folksy Tea-Partier, or the Double-dealin D's Preachin it up for the po' folk while knifin' 'em in the back for their bundler buddies.

Compromise is required. And the rhetoric thrown out by either side of that coin pretty much makes that an impossibility.
"Compromise."

When you assume that, say, Cuccinelli and McAuliffe are on opposite ends of the spectrum, "compromise" still ends up far to the right of where the real center is. I see you look away every time Roh or Fed or any of the other "lefties" (durrrr) on the board say Obama is a centrist.

We get it, that's your MO and has been for about thirty years or so. Have a lunatic stake out a position so insanely far right that everyone goes WTF, and then you demand "compromise" and ultimately get 90% of what you want. Then, hilariously/horrifically, you make the absurd claim that the United States is getting more conservative as a nation, despite the fact that states are passing gay marriage and marijuana laws left and right! All the while trivializing the efforts of people like Obama to pass anti-discrimination laws and the like, saying he's got more important things to do, like fix the economy that YOU ****ING BROKE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

But we're done with it. We're done. That's it. You're going to continue seeing stuff happen like just did in Virginia, Alabama, and yes even in New Jersey. Why NJ, you say? Because that's what a race should be like. Two centrists. Futurama had a great bit on Jack Johnson vs. John Jackson, but that's the way it should be when it comes to governing the nation. 75% of the nation is made up of people in the middle of the aisle. You're right, **** the radicals. Your understanding of what radical means needs a ton of work, though.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #41
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,949

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
"Compromise."

When you assume that, say, Cuccinelli and McAuliffe are on opposite ends of the spectrum, "compromise" still ends up far to the right of where the real center is. I see you look away every time Roh or Fed or any of the other "lefties" (durrrr) on the board say Obama is a centrist.

We get it, that's your MO and has been for about thirty years or so. Have a lunatic stake out a position so insanely far right that everyone goes WTF, and then you demand "compromise" and ultimately get 90% of what you want. Then, hilariously/horrifically, you make the absurd claim that the United States is getting more conservative as a nation, despite the fact that states are passing gay marriage and marijuana laws left and right! All the while trivializing the efforts of people like Obama to pass anti-discrimination laws and the like, saying he's got more important things to do, like fix the economy that YOU ****ING BROKE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

But we're done with it. We're done. That's it. You're going to continue seeing stuff happen like just did in Virginia, Alabama, and yes even in New Jersey. Why NJ, you say? Because that's what a race should be like. Two centrists. Futurama had a great bit on Jack Johnson vs. John Jackson, but that's the way it should be when it comes to governing the nation. 75% of the nation is made up of people in the middle of the aisle. You're right, **** the radicals. Your understanding of what radical means needs a ton of work, though.
Yeah, you kids keep tellin' me how middle-o-the-road President Skyrocket is. But as I've asked before. What would a "Real Liberal" President's (King) first 100 days look like?
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #42
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,298

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh
Default

They would look glorious.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Denver Broncos