The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #151
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Loyal Obama Supporters, Canceled by Obamacare

San Francisco architect Lee Hammack says he and his wife, JoEllen Brothers, are “cradle Democrats.” They have donated to the liberal group Organizing for America and worked the phone banks a year ago for President Obama’s re-election.

Since 1995, Hammack and Brothers have received their health coverage from Kaiser Permanente, where Brothers worked until 2009 as a dietitian and diabetes educator. “We’ve both been in very good health all of our lives – exercise, don’t smoke, drink lightly, healthy weight, no health issues, and so on,” Hammack told me.

http://www.propublica.org/article/lo..._medium=social

Darn.
Dukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:01 AM   #152
Meck77

Ironically enough Cruz was actually doing Obama a favor by recommending he delay the mandate for a year. Now he's getting more and more pressure from his own party to delay the mandate. It's nothing short of a soap opera.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #153
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Well everyone at my work just got their notices in the mail that 2014 will be the last year that my company offers BCBS. Not sure what it will be replaced with, but so far the word isn't all that great. We use BCBS of Michigan which is way better than BCBS of Alabama. I pay $290 a month for 90%+ coverage. I went to the healthcare website to see what the cost of matching inssurance was, and for the Platnium, it would cost me $1100 a month. Even the lowest one would cost me over $600 a month.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #154
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Well everyone at my work just got their notices in the mail that 2014 will be the last year that my company offers BCBS. Not sure what it will be replaced with, but so far the word isn't all that great. We use BCBS of Michigan which is way better than BCBS of Alabama. I pay $290 a month for 90%+ coverage. I went to the healthcare website to see what the cost of matching inssurance was, and for the Platnium, it would cost me $1100 a month. Even the lowest one would cost me over $600 a month.
Did the prices quoted include subsidies?
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #155
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #156
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
Did the prices quoted include subsidies?
Yes. What the government would pay me when I file my taxes would be around 3k. Which still doesn't drop the monthly rate that I would have to pay at 1100 dollars. Of course I would have to actually sign up and apply to get the accurate price, however I'm sure this isn't off by much.

Thank God that as of right now, I don't have to get that.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #157
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Yikes, GB16. I hope you and yours will be able to find something affordable.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #158
Bronco Yoda

Yes & no. Cruz was doing himself a favor and giving a big F.U. to everyone else including the Republican party. Had the Teatards sat back and let this website mess unfold then they'd be sitting much prettier right now. This was about one man wanting to create a tough guy rep for the upcoming pres. election. Which will IRONICALLY only screw the very movement his followers champion because there's no way he's electable by the national population now. But he'll get just enough traction in the presidential primary and caucuses to scorch any truly electable conservative.

Then we can all enjoy the haters throwing three year old tantrums because now a woman will be in the oval office. Out with the black man in with the woman. Continue the hate fest. Rinse and repeat. Come to think about it, that might just be the ticket for the tea party to retain their numbers. Maybe that's really the diabolical long term plan all along.

Back to the Obamacare website mess & mandate. They had to (from their standpoint) launch it now so it wouldn't muddy the electoral waters coming up. They should be able to fix the bugs in the months to come. This whole system is going to require constant fixes, changes & tweaks anyway to work.

Computer software\hardware developers have been doing the same sort of thing for years. roll out a defective product to meet a deadline then worry about patching it later. Sure people b**** about it, but they'll buy the next years version every time because their last game/program eventually worked. We all have super short memories.

And if the worst case scenario happens, and the site/registration system is never able to get patched together in time... then he can always throw the Republicans a bone with delaying the mandate anyway.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #159
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
An old study making projections, not using the actual numbers.
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #160
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Scrap ObamaCare -- lets get single payer universal.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #161
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

In many cases substandard only means it has no maternity provisions or mammogram screenings.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #162
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Of course conservatives realize that is the plan and Obamacare just a stepping stone to get people depending on the gubbamit!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #163
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Of course conservatives realize that is the plan and Obamacare just a stepping stone to get people depending on the gubbamit!
Sup Cut? Come up with any tunes lately?

What instruments you play again?

Record me some horn samples or key samples and send 'em my way. I am making an OM Rap Album.
Old 11-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #164
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
We'll have to go to it in some form or fashion someday whether we like it or not. You can't have a system that rewards corporations offloading their healthcare costs onto the taxpayer while themselves being protected by the tax system. And to then compounding the situation by not paying them enough to afford the health care that's needed to sustain a healthy workforce. It's cannibalism. it can only go on for so long. The death knell is relying on the medical system as one of financial cornerstones of the economy.

You need a healthy workforce to be a productive workforce. Yet the average person cant afford medical treatment. ObamaCare is a first step for catastrophic protection and the unanswerable but doesn't do much for the average healthy worker. The deductibles are too high.

Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 11-07-2013 at 03:03 PM..
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #165
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
You can't have a system that rewards corporations offloading their healthcare costs onto the taxpayer while themselves being protected by the tax system
You do realize that the fact that you view healthcare costs as an employer responsibility in the first place is an American peculiarity. One that needs to be remedied.

Step 1, stop giving corporations special tax treatment for buying employee health care... Give it to individuals instead.

There are ways out of this mess that don't involve turning all of your care over to the Geniuses behind Healthcare.gov.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #166
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Yikes, GB16. I hope you and yours will be able to find something affordable.
Well we will find out this time next year on what our insurance will change to. So far what I'm hearing is for family it will cost me 46 dollars a pay period which is 92 a month. It will have a yearly copay of 2500 dollars that will have to be paid first before the insurance kicks in and covers at 100%. The company will kick in 1500 towards that 2500 dollars.

Not sure how accurate this is, but like I said, we will find out this time next year when we have our open enrollment.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:28 AM   #167
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The reality is the dullard Obama supporters even when they get their cancellation letters and/or premium increase will just find a way to blame it on republicans or capitalism. They have too much invested in Obama to ever admit he lied about people keeping their insurance as they wanted and firmly believe, as Ed Asner even admitted, criticizing Obama means you must be racist, (he's a democrat, so off limits, but black and latino republicans are fair game of course)so be afraid to say anything.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #168
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
The reality is the dullard Obama supporters even when they get their cancellation letters and/or premium increase will just find a way to blame it on republicans or capitalism. They have too much invested in Obama to ever admit he lied about people keeping their insurance as they wanted and firmly believe, as Ed Asner even admitted, criticizing Obama means you must be racist, (he's a democrat, so off limits, but black and latino republicans are fair game of course)so be afraid to say anything.
ed asner? you're resorting to quoting b rated actors?!
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:19 AM   #169
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Yes & no. Cruz was doing himself a favor and giving a big F.U. to everyone else including the Republican party..
Cruz ACCURATELY described the train wreck that was coming. Better to sound the alarm bell BEFORE an accident than after. More and more democrats are even urging Obama to delay the mandate. Are they concerned for the common man? No. They admittedly are concerned about being attached to the train wreck known as Obamacare and being elected.

I suspect even some of our staunchest defenders of obamacare around here will get their letters of cancellation soon if they already haven't.

"Be careful what you wish for. You might just get it". Remember that.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #170
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Why is it that President Douchebag always seems to think it's HIS responsibility to fix stuff but it's NEVER his responsibility to see to it that it was done right in the first place?
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #171
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:38 AM   #172
Breaker
Bleeding Orange and Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
I don't believe that it is the GOVERNMENT'S role to establish what is substandard for ME. If people want those plans, they should have the right to keep them, if the current plan works for them and their lifestyle, then the government shouldn't be the one to tell them that it's not.
Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #173
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
ed asner? you're resorting to quoting b rated actors?!
Maybe because he's the only one with the guts to state what they all think genius. Hollywood sure seems awfully silent these days about Obama
Old 11-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #174
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Why is it that President Douchebag always seems to think it's HIS responsibility to fix stuff but it's NEVER his responsibility to see to it that it was done right in the first place?
It's the typical liberal "we need to fix this" mentality because something dares not to meet their Utopian, idealistic world, but are too lay to develop a coherent plan and go with their usual half thought out, mixed up mess instead.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #175
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The liberals sure love to worry about their gay marriage rights even though that is small percentage of people affected. They also love to worry about their abortion rights and killing babies even though that really affects a small percentage as well. But then when it comes to people's insurance, they as well as their liar in chief in the WH, suddenly decide it's "only a small percentage"(though far more people will be affected than the numbers of gay or abortions) so who cares, that's their problem. Can these idiots ever be consistent on any issue? No.