The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 11:45 PM   #51
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

14 teams. Ugghh. We're going to be drafting guys like Tim Tebow in the 5th round. Severely diluted talent pool.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:25 AM   #52
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

sorry, as i said earlier the intention is 12. i brought gunns on as co-commish and we got the 12th team to pay simultaneously so it turned into 13. we are running a flex IDP though.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #53
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
14 teams. Ugghh. We're going to be drafting guys like Tim Tebow in the 5th round. Severely diluted talent pool.
To me all a few more people in a league do is promote the value of trading to fill gaps. Instead of hanging on to three WR and two TE starters in a 2 WR, 1 TE league flip one after the bye week to shore up a hole or even an impending bye week hole at RB.

This league going to a FFWC format of 1 QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 1 TE, and 2 flex (1 RB/WR, 1 RB/WR/TE) will have way more impact on the talent pool than the number of players. 14 people just means there are two more people who you can try to work something out with to fill holes, because even a 12 person by FFWC will see you starting situational/split duty guys in your flex spots. That is the entire reason FFWC exists, it takes a lot of the dumb luck out of hitting on that year's best producers and instead requires showing up weekly and finding good back of the lineup options.

I personally have found fantasy leagues with an active trade market far more stimulating and competitive than ones that have little player to player transactions, and both a 14 player count and FFWC format will promote that.

This assumes we're sticking with the FFWC format the league is currently set up with (which I think is cool by the way, it puts the onus on finding good #3 WRs and flex options instead of hitting on the right QB, RB1, WR1 trio that you can ride to an easy W most weeks).

I have noticed that TSI has chosen to hamstring my constant waiver scrounging with a two transaction per week limit though. Very sneaky TSI, very sneaky.

Last edited by Drek; 08-17-2013 at 07:44 AM..
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #54
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
To me all a few more people in a league do is promote the value of trading to fill gaps. Instead of hanging on to three WR and two TE starters in a 2 WR, 1 TE league flip one after the bye week to shore up a hole or even an impending bye week hole at RB.

This league going to a FFWC format of 1 QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 1 TE, and 2 flex (1 RB/WR, 1 RB/WR/TE) will have way more impact on the talent pool than the number of players. 14 people just means there are two more people who you can try to work something out with to fill holes, because even a 12 person by FFWC will see you starting situational/split duty guys in your flex spots. That is the entire reason FFWC exists, it takes a lot of the dumb luck out of hitting on that year's best producers and instead requires showing up weekly and finding good back of the lineup options.

I personally have found fantasy leagues with an active trade market far more stimulating and competitive than ones that have little player to player transactions, and both a 14 player count and FFWC format will promote that.

This assumes we're sticking with the FFWC format the league is currently set up with (which I think is cool by the way, it puts the onus on finding good #3 WRs and flex options instead of hitting on the right QB, RB1, WR1 trio that you can ride to an easy W most weeks).

I have noticed that TSI has chosen to hamstring my constant waiver scrounging with a two transaction per week limit though. Very sneaky TSI, very sneaky.
WTG TSI, love ya for hamstringing Drek!

Now can you do it to the rest? My season last year SUCKED.

Hey guys, I hate 14 too. Part of this is my fault, I looked at the league, saw the 10th and 11th spots had been taken and stupidly assumed it was Drek and STG. I invited a friend about 2 weeks ago, TSI approved this, then friend took his time getting in. Told him only one slot left. Friend, Drek and STG must have all been paying at the same time and trying to get in. But if they had both gotten in we'd still need another anywa. So 14 it is I'd rather have Drek and STG playing and hate the 14 than not have them playing. Nice to have STG back around.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #55
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

No doubt it's nice to have all of them involved. STG has been playing with us for years so its great having her.

2 WRs in a 12 team league isn't easy. 3 in a 14 team league? Somebody is going to be starting Mathew Willis and having to depend on his 14 catches a season!

Nothing we can do now so we will just have to make the best of it and hopefully like Drek said, we can get some additional trade action going.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #56
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
No doubt it's nice to have all of them involved. STG has been playing with us for years so its great having her.

2 WRs in a 12 team league isn't easy. 3 in a 14 team league? Somebody is going to be starting Mathew Willis and having to depend on his 14 catches a season!

Nothing we can do now so we will just have to make the best of it and hopefully like Drek said, we can get some additional trade action going.
Personally I think WR is one of the easier positions. It's trying to get 2 RB's and a backup even with 12. There aren't a slew of high end RB's out there.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #57
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

RBs are harder but you can get a lot of guys as there are so many committees now. There are 32 starters in the NFL. They may split carries, but there are 32 starting RBs. There are not 42 starting WRs... then a flex on top of that? Matthew Willis, somebody will have to depend on that type of player.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #58
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

bump, drafting soon!
Old 08-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #59
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

does anyone have an issue with tuesday, sept 3rd as draft date?
Old 08-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #60
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I don't but is there is something wrong with the 2nd as it is now? I'm just glad it was changed from Sept. 1st. I still have a hard time in that league trying to figure out how you actually draft a player. I did last year too. Probably why I did so badly.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #61
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

besides the fact that its labor day, no
Old 08-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #62
beanerbronco
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Brandstater

If you do the 3rd, when will you open waivers and free agency?
beanerbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:07 AM   #63
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You mean post-draft? Immediately following the draft, there is a max of 2 pickups per week. Then I believe it goes waivers til Wednesday after every week and open pickups after that.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #64
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
besides the fact that its labor day, no
Yeah but usually at 7:30 on Labor Day most people are home and have to go to work the next day.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #65
CarneAsadaFries

First off thanks for letting me in guys! As a longtime lurker, I'm pretty pumped up to play with ya'll again.

In terms of draft day and time, I would prefer 3rd personally, but if its the
2nd, I'll survive. I may or may not have to autodraft on the 2nd, but if I do, I've got a pretty killer autodraft strategy thats worked for 12 team drafts, but with 14, I'm a little nervous. Haha. The 3rd would be an absolute guarantee in the draft room.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #66
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I don't care when it is. Just not too late as work is early.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #67
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I don't care when it is. Just not too late as work is early.
So technically, you do care when it is!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #68
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
So technically, you do care when it is!
Oh stop it. I meant day. I need my beauty sleep.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #69
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

attention gunns: trade request pending, please respond this year!
Old 10-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #70
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

if you have a running back stashed and need a WR shoot me trade offers...
Old 10-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #71
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

ps we need to discuss final payouts. we could do same proportions as last year?
Old 10-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #72
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Glad you brought this thread up. The b**** has something to b**** about. Waiver, I'm #10 for 5 weeks. Yesterday I finally flip 5. Today I'm 12. Is it any wonder I don't get any of my waiver requests? And today, #13 waiver request gets my first request. Then I get my 3rd request and someone down the line gets my 2nd. What? How? Be careful how you reply because you've been #3 for 5 weeks, gotten most of my requests and have now moved from what, 0-2 to 3-2? No wonder! CHEATERS!

I WANT MY PLAYERS!
Old 10-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #73
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

did we ever get a payout set? if not, im just gonna do the usual 1st place gets 200, 2nd place gets 120 points leader gets 100
Old 11-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #74
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

is there a reason people just arent responding to trade requests? you get an email and it clearly says on your page "you have been proposed a trade"...
Old 11-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #75
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
is there a reason people just arent responding to trade requests? you get an email and it clearly says on your page "you have been proposed a trade"...
Probably the same reason you ignored my post about waivers.